A Very Barrows New Year

Saradomin_Mage

Aaaaand they still have useless set effects on Torag and Karil :rolleyes:

I must have missed the part in any of the news articles that said the stats or special effects of Barrows armour were going to be updated...oh wait.

You certainly did. They didn't even put it in any of the articles. Certainly hard to find it when it doesn't exist. Dw, happens to the best of us.

I see what you did there.

Anyways, I'm pretty sure the chance of a barrows item is something like 1/22 chest loots. Whenever I go on a dry streak I end up getting like 3-4 items almost in a row.

I always thought and read 1/13 chests with 6 brothers, I assume with 7 this may even increase to 1/11.5.

No, killing 6 or 7 brothers gives the same chance of items, which is why many people choose to not kill Torag since his set is worth the least.

And yes, I agree with the 1/13 rate.

EDIT: Since the update, I've had Karil's coif, Guthan's helm and plate and Akrisae's mace. I think that's after about 55-60 chests or so.

1/13?? I've done maybe 100 chests(Not today) and got only one barrows piece worth raound 500k at that moment -.-

It's not like it's guaranteed at 1/13 or so. :P I've gone 50+ dry many times, then had 3 items within 10 chests. But the usual average is around 1/13-15.

7rwjf.png
Leik.png
LIVERPOOL WILL WIN THE PREMIER LEAGUE THIS SEASON.
[01:24:34] CJ Hunnicutt: it takes skill to be that [bleep]ing stupid

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've gotten quite some barrow drops, no double loot so far. I did have a double chest with akri mace and karil's top, but I don't think that's what the "double" bonus does.

Pretty sure that is what it does. >.>

LektiFury.jpg

~ 99 Hunter 1/29/09 ~ 99 Firemaking 12/4/10 ~

Lekti.png

I've gotten quite some barrow drops, no double loot so far. I did have a double chest with akri mace and karil's top, but I don't think that's what the "double" bonus does.

No, getting two different items is normal. The double item thingy is supposed to give you two of the same item. Someone just posted a double Guthan's plate drop on the screenie thread.

7rwjf.png
Leik.png

No, getting two different items is normal. The double item thingy is supposed to give you two of the same item. Someone just posted a double Guthan's plate drop on the screenie thread.

Oh okie, i've have done a lot of runs in the past, but have never had two items from one chest. My luck stinks. >.<

LektiFury.jpg

~ 99 Hunter 1/29/09 ~ 99 Firemaking 12/4/10 ~

Lekti.png

Number 3, plus Karil's Top!

Visagenumber3andKarilstop.png

Finally making up all the cash I spent on raising skills to 90!

Do you get KC, trying to figure out if you need to get it or not.

Thievingcapesigcopy.png

Jeffery.png

180th to 99 Divination + 1st W36er

Rambo, cannot pk call your friends bro :). Wait nevermind none of SAPK/PKS can. Kappa.

KC only determines the quality/quantity of non barrows items so you don't need it at all. A lot of people though (including me) get 4-5 kills as it means you end up with more bloods/deaths/bolt racks as opposed to mind/chaos runes.

Sylpheed.png

If the drop mechanics haven't changed:

KC 0 - 1 : Mind Rune, Chaos Rune, Death Rune, Coins and Barrow pieces only

KC 2 : Blood Rune are possible drops

KC 3 : Bolt Racks are possible drops

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

0 KC gets you Deaths, Bloods, Minds and coins. And of course Barrows pieces

1 KC makes racks a possible drop.

7rwjf.png
Leik.png

So these visages seem overly common, or is this just me?

Also, It's taking a few hours but they're also buying on GE for between 4.5-7.5m

Koolcookie0.png

Runescape Player Since '04 | Tif Member since '06 | Max Combat | Too Busy Playing MW3

Remember: Anyone who is worse than you is a noob. Anyone who is better has no life!

Just a heads up.

I managed to find a safespot in one of the Barrows Brothers tomb. I'm not going to say which, as it will cause slight chaos. I've already sent a bug report to Jagex about this. ;-)

Elricedward.png
Barrows Items: 1x Dharok's Platelegs, 1x Veracs's Plateskirt, 1x Dharok's Greataxe, 2x Torag's Platelegs, 1x Akrisae's War Mace, 1x Ahrim's Robeskirt, 3x Akrisae's Robetop, 1x Guthan's Warspear, 1x Akrisae's Robeskirt, 1x Torag's Helm, 2x Verac's Brassard, 1x Karil's Pistol Crossbow

Just a heads up.

I managed to find a safespot in one of the Barrows Brothers tomb. I'm not going to say which, as it will cause slight chaos. I've already sent a bug report to Jagex about this. ;-)

Perhaps a more important question is; why would you even need to safespot any of them?

Sylpheed.png

0 KC gets you Deaths, Bloods, Minds and coins. And of course Barrows pieces

1 KC makes racks a possible drop.

I'm 100% sure that I've gotten bolt racks with 0 KC. Looks like you just have a higher chance of getting them with a higher KC; I get some every 3-4 trips on average, with either 0 or 1 KC depending on if I manage to open the puzzle door without killing a monster or not.

I always kill between 3-5 creatures. The goal is 3, but sometimes I get caught one and knock half it's health off, so decide to finish up :lol:

It also means it lengthens out my trip long enough so when I do recharge my prayer at Darkmeyer and return to Barrows my Vecna's Skull is ready to be reused.

Just a heads up.

Perhaps a more important question is; why would you even need to safespot any of them?

If you're maging them at a low level, a safespot would mean you don't spend much money on prayer potions any more.

I'm not an efficienado.

Maybe I was just having a bad few runs in a row, but I was getting hit quite a bit harder than normally in the past 20 min or so.

Has there been any confirmation that their new combat levels aren't just their true levels but that they've been made stronger?

Reading FAQ now, actually.

I guess it was just a few bad runs. But that doesn't help when I'm already frustrated by having typical shitty luck on a week that's supposed to have greater chances, am running out of OVL, am using OVL meaning I'm already spending more than the typical player, etc etc.

2dgucz6.png

Maybe I was just having a bad few runs in a row, but I was getting hit quite a bit harder than normally in the past 20 min or so.

Has there been any confirmation that their new combat levels aren't just their true levels but that they've been made stronger?

Reading FAQ now, actually.

I guess it was just a few bad runs. But that doesn't help when I'm already frustrated by having typical shitty luck on a week that's supposed to have greater chances, am running out of OVL, am using OVL meaning I'm already spending more than the typical player, etc etc.

was using void for the 50-60 runes i did yesterday, and didnt get hit consistantly by ahrim, guthan, verac or akrisaie. was unovled, but i did have an ely x[)

meamzed.png

I usually don't, hence my raging lol. But it's all down to luck as per usual... Hopefully I'll have something other than 700k in runes/racks to show for it after the bonus loot is up.

Lately I've been claw speccing instead of using EEE after OVL. What brother should I be using the specs on?

2dgucz6.png

I usually don't, hence my raging lol. But it's all down to luck as per usual... Hopefully I'll have something other than 700k in runes/racks to show for it after the bonus loot is up.

Lately I've been claw speccing instead of using EEE after OVL. What brother should I be using the specs on?

I think most people usually use melee specs on Karil, but I've been using the Polypore Staff on Karil and killing him in 3-4 casts pretty easily.

99 HP, Attack, Strength, Defence, Summoning, Ranged, Herblore, Prayer, Agility, Magic, Slayer, Fletching, Fishing, Woodcutting, Mining, and Thieving.

Jagex'd out of my untrimmed hp cape on 6/14/2011.

Why did you increase the combat levels of the brothers?

Mod Mark: We commissioned a project some time ago to update the combat levels of several NPCs in the game to reflect their actual combat potential. The NPCs in question, which include several of the barrows brothers, havent changed at all in terms of damage output or combat effectiveness, they just have a fake combat level. Things like the barrows brothers are actually quite tough to fight compared to normal monsters. Think of their old stats a bit like pures stats I guess a pure might look like they are weak if all you do is look at the combat level, but often their ability to do damage is, in comparison, akin to a much higher leveled player. Combat level does not take into effect things like equipment bonuses and special attacks etc. So all we have done here is give them a number that better reflects their ability to pwn j00 do damage.

Why? WHY????? The whole idea of combat levels was to reflect the monster's stats, and then you, as a player, would have to take note of their worn equipment and work out how powerful they would be. Why get rid of this old mechanic?

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.