The Back Room

stevepole

I declare this day the most dead I have ever seen the Tavern, lol.

There have been worse.

Like the day when there was peace in Hegeomny and Ross had a day off from Dungeoneering. And those were the only two games anyone really cared to play at the time.

a70c7.png

Thats a scary thing to imagine right there O_o

"Don't get in my face, don't invade my space. I'll put you in your place.

I'll only tell you once, I'll never tell you twice. This is me being nice." ~Porcelain and the Tramps

Lqt9R.png

Earth is a fun element. :) throwing roks at people is the best! Fura calls it a butch element..... -glares- its a rough and tumble sort of thing ;) lol

Anyway.... i have an awful ear ache/ear infection. (that's why im on as late as i am... ) I can't sleep and it hurts.... like hell!

I want his Children....is that bad?

tumblr_ls7ay4jSmN1r0zf2k.gif

I declare this day the most dead I have ever seen the Tavern, lol.

It's not really that dead. The Hegemony-style games haven't really started yet, and some of us were playing DnD. Pwned by incorporeal warriors. :(

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

Vix, knew about that already. :)

Also, I agree with the latest comment on that, super bonus points for a gang of sociopathic Azula wannabes. :thumbsup:

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Ok, random subject change.

I was looking around the Dwarf Fortress wiki and Bay12 forums, randomly following a path of mismatched links in a Retech-esque fashion, and have stumbled upon a number of hilarious (to me, anyways, and probably to those who play DF) instances of unusual occurences and ideas.

Mule-punching elves.

The new dwarven superweapon.

Kill it with fluff!

RIP Dawngate ;-;

The sky is blue.

Discuss.

I'll only tell you once, I'll never tell you twice. This is me being nice." ~Porcelain and the Tramps

Lqt9R.png

Red sky at night? Sheperds delight :D.

Red sky in morning? Sheperds warning D:.

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I didn't catch fire, I used the can of hairspray as a flamethrower and pointed it at my arm.

how are you going to ignore my posts when I'm offering to let you live as my vassal in two weeks time?

I would argue that either sky is colored, or nothing is colored, except light itself.

-Stealth edit-

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

You all lie - the sky is colorless, it only appears in certain shades to the human eye due to light refracting through evaporated water.

Ergo, the sky is coloured.

[Falador tavern]

with somthing other tha its own colour, which is what all things are.

FaladorTavern.png

Youtube account: Earthgragonsage; currently uploading not an effing thing.

[hide=Memorable Crossroads Quotes.]

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

Well most of the colour you see is guessed by your brain, cause only a small part of your eye actually picks up colour. So the sky is whatever we perceieve it to be. We were taught that this was blue, which doesn't mean it is blue for all of us, if you understand.

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I didn't catch fire, I used the can of hairspray as a flamethrower and pointed it at my arm.

how are you going to ignore my posts when I'm offering to let you live as my vassal in two weeks time?

What have I started? O_o

Lqt9R.png

I dunno, but I want to bring religion into this.

It's blue cause God created it that way.

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I dunno, but I want to bring religion into this.

It's blue cause God created it that way.

HERETIC! IT IS BLUE BECAUSE THE FLYING SPAGHETTI MONSTER WILLS IT!

LNYvk.png

Well most of the colour you see is guessed by your brain, cause only a small part of your eye actually picks up colour. So the sky is whatever we perceieve it to be. We were taught that this was blue, which doesn't mean it is blue for all of us, if you understand.

That opens up a whole new can of worms.

Describe red to a man who has been blind for all his life, and make him understand what the colour red looks like.

Philosophical based descriptions do not count. You must make the man visualise the colour red.

PS. I'm pretty sure that's false anyway. If you raised a child in a monotone black and white house, and taught him that the sky was pink and that green was purple, would he see purple leaves and a pink sky when he stepped outside?

2Xeo5.png

If you colour a piece of paper black is the paper black or merely white with black on, that is the argument.

A matter of opinion not science.#

Ross, what always bugs me is that if I see what everyone else see's because what I perceive as sour could be sweet and what I percieve as red could be blue for another person.

[Falador tavern]

Interesting experiment.... Brb, going to father a child and ruin his life with this.

I want to know if deaf people think with sound and what language :o, it would be very interesting.

Anyway, it would be impossible to describe a colour cause each colour represents something, like think of anger, you'll probably turn to red, think love, pink or red, courage, gold and red.

Red means too much.

It's a REALLY big shaft.

That opens up a whole new can of worms.

Describe red to a man who has been blind for all his life, and make him understand what the colour red looks like.

Philosophical based descriptions do not count. You must make the man visualise the colour red.

PS. I'm pretty sure that's false anyway. If you raised a child in a monotone black and white house, and taught him that the sky was pink and that green was purple, would he see purple leaves and a pink sky when he stepped outside?

Changing a colour's name does nothing. That's a stupid argumen

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Exactly Icu. Philosophical arguments such as red being a passionate colour do not count. You must describe the colour red in a way that he will be able to know what red looks like.

Edel, the piece of paper is a substance which reflects light, covered with particles which do not reflect light.

This may not be the exact scientific explanation, but I think it's somewhere close, and it does show that colour and light can be explained with science.

EDIT:

Yeah, Nex, kind of, but it sort of makes sense when you look at it in the context of Icu's quote. He states that because we are taught the sky is blue, we percieve it as blue.

Anyway, I'm in a cynical mood and should probably stay away from TIF for a few hours before I make myself look like a pretentious ass.

2Xeo5.png

The sky is green, you see what I see as blue as green but call it blue because that is what you have been taught.

You are colourblind as is the rest of the world who can't see that the sky is really green.

I am the only one to know that I think and I know that I exist because I can think however I have no evidence you exist therfore your opinions are wrong.

This proves that the sky is Green.

Ross, that is correct but is the piece of paper black or not, if its black than the sky is blue (if you ignore my above argument) if not than its colourless.

[Falador tavern]