A Foolish Contest!

A Foolish Contest!

Over the years Tip.It staff has prided itself with our yearly April Fools Prank... You may recall the forum being invaded with Poke'mon, being RickRoll'D with bait of Jagex/Tip.It partnership, various fake NEW skills (horseback riding, engineering, sailing), Justin Bieber cursor, fake staff forums and so on. As you ponder over these past pranks you may recall that you had a better idea (obviously not better than Poke'mon though, that was HILARIOUS) that you think staff should have done instead.... Well, *Drumroll*... Now's your chance!

The staff has decided to run a contest for Tip.It's best April's Fools Prank! You can privately submit your prank ideas, the Tip.It Staff will pick their favourite, and that's what we'll surprise you all with this year! Some may find this the cheap way out of a staff made idea... but we are going to shamelessly run this contest anywho's! I mean, what's better than the staff working with the users to make for one of the most memorable pranks ever?!?

The contest: Submit Your Idea for an April Fools Prank on Tip.It

There are 2 categories:

• Forum
  • Website

The following rules must be followed:

• April Fools is meant to be enjoyable. Our prank can't be annoying to the point where it pisses people off or disrupts regular forum browsing.
  • No "accidentally" revealing private staff boards.
  • We're not totally opposed to playing with staff ranks, but we should avoid really confusing people about who's staff and who isn't.
  • No website changes to suggest that we're closing down or switching to a new game.
  • No pretending we've been hacked.
  • Prank ideas must be appropriate. <_<

Submission & Deadline

Submit your entry to Rank_Contest with the subject "April Fools Submission." DO NOT post your entry on this thread. The deadline for submission is March 19th at 11PM GMT.

tea_1332198000.png

Prizes

We will announce the winners after the pranks have been applied and enjoyed (April 2nd)!

• Best Website Prank: Custom forum rank
  • Best Forum Prank: Custom forum rank

A forum rank is the text that appears below your avatar. Normally these ranks are associated with your post count. If you win this competition you will be able to change this rank to whatever you want (with some limitations on length and appropriateness).

Questions?

If you have any questions, please post them here! Remember, do not post your entry on this forum thread!

Good luck to all! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

• Like 1

nodiehytnew.png
RIP Michaelangelopolous
Thanks to cowboy14 for the pimp sig!

Submitted mine, can't wait to see what happens.... :twisted:

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

I won't win seeing as I am uncreative, but I wouldn't mind a Custom Rank. :shades:

Pretty sure any staff members can request them? :P

If I do win, and it's already possible for me to get one, I'm thinking of a way to decide who to donate it to [/Overconfident]

yqe0mrU.jpg

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

I won't win seeing as I am uncreative, but I wouldn't mind a Custom Rank. :shades:

If I do win, and it's already possible for me to get one, I'm thinking of a way to decide who to donate it to [/Overconfident]

My name isn't colored, and therefore I do not believe that I can ask for one.

I already got my custom rank when i left TET, don't need a new one but what the hell :)

there is this door in my mind, I had a lock put on it a long time ago.. I have the key in my hand. If i just try to peak in, just a bit. ;O

*opens lock*

*FRESIS MIND GETS RUN-OVER BY CRRRRAAAZY IDEAS!

Lets do this!

fresiandthesheep1.jpg

Dyslexia lvl 99, Youtube:3D RS, My 3D on Tif, My Runetrack, My Tif Profile

My name isn't colored, and therefore I do not believe that I can ask for one.

Oh. Worth asking though. :lol:

yqe0mrU.jpg

[hide=Lewtations]

We give custom ranks to people who cannot participate in rank contests (which would be crew members and moderators). They're not allowed to participate because they have to do the judging so we give them custom ranks if they want :)

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

This one hopes that this thread is the April Fools' Joke, launched a month early. Can't exactly pin down all of why, but launching forum-/website-transforming April Fools' Jokes has always been very problematic to this one. BTW, it's not a matter of hating sudden change, because this one has seen good sudden changes. It's probably more a matter of hating obnoxious ones, which there have been way too many of here on these forums. So please, NO April Fools' Jokes this year! <_<

~Mr. D. V. "April Fools' Joke? DO NOT NEED. DO NOT WANT." Devnull

(p.s.: This one is sick of being on the [rear] end of April Fools' Jokes!)

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

This one hopes that this thread is the April Fools' Joke, launched a month early. Can't exactly pin down all of why, but launching forum-/website-transforming April Fools' Jokes has always been very problematic to this one. BTW, it's not a matter of hating sudden change, because this one has seen good sudden changes. It's probably more a matter of hating obnoxious ones, which there have been way too many of here on these forums. So please, NO April Fools' Jokes this year! <_<

The following rules must be followed:

April Fools is meant to be enjoyable. Our prank can't be annoying to the point where it pisses people off or disrupts regular forum browsing.

Changing the logos/name colours/post counts ranks/making fake newsposts/etc like we've done in the past is hardly an annoyance. Considering the number of big sites that do an April Fools day prank every year if it's really that big of a problem it' would almost just be better to stay off the internet during those 24 hours. That being said we'll try our best to make sure ideas used have as little impact on users who want to ignore them but still provide some fun for those who like this sort of thing.

You mean to say you were traumatised by the cursor change last year?

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

I'm sure I had an idea posted in the staff forums somewhere around last years April fools. I can't remember what it was though, but you should use that, because it was obviously very good. Or I may actually be imagining it.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^