6-March-2011 - Player Armour, Gnomes and Clan Fealty

Saradomin_Mage

I really don't get the hate for these graphics.

I am now convinced that 70% of the playerbase consists of sociopaths who hate any kind of change.

Of that 70%, 70% are the ones that react on a specific part that they don't care for. So it's only like 49% of players that resent change illegitimately.

On topic: The armors don't look that bad. I'm not much of a fan of the Dragon armor for females; the breastplate portion on the chain looks out of place. Everything else looks quite alright; shiny is good.

Does anyone know if they revamped the Ancient Warriors and 3rd Age?

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

Gilded:

Gilded.png

Oh....god MY EYES!!@@

Contrast, [bleep], do you have it!? XD I agree it looks kind of...meh. All the other armors had a nice gradient sort of effect, shading - you could tell where lines began and ended. Gilded looks off by comparison.

hzvjpwS.gif

Gilded:

Gilded.png

Oh....god MY EYES!!@@

Contrast, [bleep], do you have it!? XD I agree it looks kind of...meh. All the other armors had a nice gradient sort of effect, shading - you could tell where lines began and ended. Gilded looks off by comparison.

Looks like they dabbled it in MS Paint.

Popoto.~<3

Gilded:

Gilded.png

Oh....god MY EYES!!@@

Looks like they dabbled it in MS Paint.

From the looks of it, it might have been "spent a week, but didn't focus on editing much" kind of MS Paint. I am open-minded on graphic updates, but that armor is an insult to anybody's eyes. I am still wondering why Dagon' Hai was left out and Proselyte wasn't changed.

Anybody mix-and-matching up new outfits with the new update by chance? I am curious to know of the outfits people are desiging.

bandos on female before was just bandos + a sports bra :P

I've still yet to see a female player in the new Bandos gear. As for the latter in your statement, I agree oh so much especially when it stuck out more after the change of female gear to be less showy on the mid region. :P

but that armor is an insult to anybody's eyes.

Gilded was always like that. It's just that now we have black menus and a reason for people to take that shitty excuse for a trimmed set out of their POHs :grin:

Proselyte's exclusion seems to be an oversight. The news post mentioned it, there are the icons for it, but somebody forgot to actually put it ingame. Same with the full slayer helm.

Gilded was always like that. It's just that now we have black menus and a reason for people to take that shitty excuse for a trimmed set out of their POHs :grin:

Proselyte's exclusion seems to be an oversight. The news post mentioned it, there are the icons for it, but somebody forgot to actually put it ingame. Same with the full slayer helm.

Hey, the gilded platelegs/plateskirt looked fairly decent pre-update, especially with items with a gold trim or fire cape. :-(

Gilded:

Gilded.png

bsg-cylon-gold.jpg

The Cylons have invaded!!!

• Like 1

[hide=Drops]Dragon: Spear x1, Med helm x3, legs x2, pickaxe x1, skirt x3, scimitar x1

Barrows: DH helm x1, Verac Brassy x2, Karil Skirt x1, Ahrim Hood x2, Guthan Spear

GWD: Arma Helm x1

Other: Handcannon x4, Leaf Bladed Sword x3[/hide]

Void Deflector as well. The teaser picture even had the updated version in it. Is the deflector storable in POH? Curious if the icon for it is updated there.

Sylpheed.png

Perhaps the person doing the group of edits that had Guilded armor in it forgot about Guilded until like the day before launch so he had to throw something together real quick so the update could go live? :blink:

I like all the other armors, but I'm with everyone else with the Guilded. That's just atrocious.

user1-dark.png 

Huge_Noob.png

[hide]

Gilded:

Gilded.png

bsg-cylon-gold.jpg

The Cylons have invaded!!!

[/hide]I had to choke back the urge to burst out laughing while the rest of the house was asleep. XD

I am in love with Armadyl armour, and the Elite Black Armour looks quite nice as well. ^.^

I've loved almost every piece of armour I have seen, though I do not relish the thought of learning all the new armous and what they are (while I like the plates on the d hide, they should not have made it so metallic looking. A flat colour might have been better). I am especially loving Dragon and Black armours, and look forward to seeing all the varients of black, adamant, and rune. I was not expecting all the varients to be unique, and I am really liking the fact that they have totally left the lazy ass recolor system behind.

Vanilla rune is a bit iffy, and I am just has happy I never use a neit helm. Also the dragon bots are going to look like slippers as soon as I take my dragon armor off, but to matter. I shall wear my dragon slippers with pride when I wear barrows. Or I'll buy bandos boots (I refuse to get steadfast until they stop looking like you have toilet paper stuck on your feet. Even in the highest detail I had to get quite close to realize those were spikes). And from the pictures I have seen, this update is mostly lost on the lower details (as in, it just looks terrible, but then, everything looks terrible in the lower details).

Black elite is also a notable improvement, not that it needed it.

My only ciritcizim is that it seems like everything from black/white and up needs to be super special in some way, which has led to the armours being rediculously fancy. Still, I suppose we will all get used to living in a universe where art is taken just as seriously, if not more so, than function and practicality.

And Torva doesn't look like a sin against the gods of fashion any more. Especially that old helm was just terrible. It doesn't look very good, but if someone handed me a set now I wouldn't be half embarrassed to wear it. I also have to laugh at any comment about armors looking the same now, seeing as more than half of the updated pieces existed as palate swaps.

Oh, and the DFS now goes with ornate dragon, and essentially nothing else. Not that it actually matched anything before, but its kind of highlighted now. Still, it looks very cool.

And Torva doesn't look like a sin against the gods of fashion any more. Especially that old helm was just terrible. It doesn't look very good, but if someone handed me a set now I wouldn't be half embarrassed to wear it.

If you gave me Torva, I'd sell it and buy Pernix :P

Even Black armour looks better than it - it isn't close enough to the original concept (unlike their excellent work on Bandos) and as a result looks out of place.

The Platebody is really oversized, the Helmet ends up looking too small by comparison, and the colour scheme is simply the most awful one to come out of this update.

If they update Virtus and Pernix in line with this I'm going to go mad.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

In my opinion torva looks horrible now, probably why the platebody dropped 30m since the update. In general I like the look of the new armour though, although I still have the old full slayer helm for some reason.

Asmodean <3

And Torva doesn't look like a sin against the gods of fashion any more. Especially that old helm was just terrible. It doesn't look very good, but if someone handed me a set now I wouldn't be half embarrassed to wear it. I also have to laugh at any comment about armors looking the same now, seeing as more than half of the updated pieces existed as palate swaps.

I'm actually of the opinion that torva looks like an aberration now. While everything else looks fine, even if a little overdetailed, torva is just unproportionate with the huge, bulky ultra detailed chestplate and the very, very simple platelegs that do not match its level of detail or bulkiness. The helmet is the only piece that I do not abhor.

EDIT: And don't get me started on those WoW-huge shoulder plates. I hadn't seen something so horrible since the latest tiered armor in WoW.

crossed_body.png

Jagex really has to stop fixing what isn't broken. :(

People really need to stop using that tired phrase for every update.

Nobody can deny that the basic armours Bronze-Dragon were outdated. They looked out of place in a game that had advanced around them.

The more I compare old with new the more I'm convinced that the only way people can hate this whole update is due to the fact they can't handle change.

• Like 1
Sylpheed.png

Nobody can deny that the basic armours Bronze-Dragon were outdated. They looked out of place in a game that had advanced around them.

The more I compare old with new the more I'm convinced that the only way people can hate this whole update is due to the fact they can't handle change.

Actually, I'm a bit sad that D Med, Sq and Chain look nothing like the original :P Everything else managed to transition quite decently (especially Bandos, was surprised about that), just that these three pieces which have a kind of definitive feel morphed more than I expected.

Oh and Torva LOL

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Totally agree it is such a tired out phrase. They aren't 'fixing' they are UPGRADING outdated graphics, in the same way you buy a new coat when yours gets old and tatty etc.

Sure people may dislike a few armours in the new style, but people are always gonna dislike the look of some armours; but as with every update after about 2 months of dragged out whining and OH MY GOD GIVE US TOOGLEZOR BUTTON JAGEX!?!?$?!SHIFTONE£$$F suddenly it all quiets down and no-one cares about the new looks because they adapt to it.

I mean remember how we all hate and cannot get on with the new interface, new scimitars, lp, new prayer points, new damage splats, new barrows armours even? Oh wait no we do get along fine with all them because you get used to change.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue