6-March-2011 - Player Armour, Gnomes and Clan Fealty

Saradomin_Mage

Jagex really has to stop fixing what isn't broken. :(

People really need to stop using that tired phrase for every update.

Nobody can deny that the basic armours Bronze-Dragon were outdated. They looked out of place in a game that had advanced around them.

The more I compare old with new the more I'm convinced that the only way people can hate this whole update is due to the fact they can't handle change.

Totally agree it is such a tired out phrase. They aren't 'fixing' they are UPGRADING outdated graphics, in the same way you buy a new coat when yours gets old and tatty etc.

Sure people may dislike a few armours in the new style, but people are always gonna dislike the look of some armours; but as with every update after about 2 months of dragged out whining and OH MY GOD GIVE US TOOGLEZOR BUTTON JAGEX!?!?$?!SHIFTONE£$$F suddenly it all quiets down and no-one cares about the new looks because they adapt to it.

I mean remember how we all hate and cannot get on with the new interface, new scimitars, lp, new prayer points, new damage splats, new barrows armours even? Oh wait no we do get along fine with all them because you get used to change.

My god I actually agree with this guy for once!

Sure you might not like a few of the new armours. But I would bet every penny I have that you same people did not like every single set of the old armours either.

I think this is a very good update from Jagex.

vde0xt.png

I don't dispute that it's a good update that is sure to drive the game forward, but you have to sometimes wonder what the concept artists were thinking.

torvaa.png

:lol:

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

I don't dispute that it's a good update that is sure to drive the game forward, but you have to sometimes wonder what the concept artists were thinking.

torvaa.png

As much as I love the update, there are several armour sets that have, in my opinion, been made worse. Such as Torva, lol.. so pleased they didn't change Pernix.

But for the most part, I think it is a huge improvement.

vde0xt.png

Its just the change of looks, how can that be good or bad >.> its either nice or not!

Be polite. Be efficient. Have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

Does anyone remember how dragon platelegs used to look like long time ago? Those thick, massive, warrior -style looking legs.

Dragon_PLATELEGS.gif

Then they made them look like they were worn by a fricking ballerina dancer. I mean come on!

88656742621734321.png

Now they're decent. But I'd still like to see all the platelegs look wider, thicker; something that a warrior would wear.

Summary: I think they should make all the platelegs more massive. I don't want the old graphics back if it sounds like that. I love the decoration etc. but I'd just like them to be more massive.

Neppgggg.png

The one that still gives me a good chortle is the RSOF with people being like look at all the threads everyone hates it. It's like no dear a few hundred people posted hating it, for every one of them there is 100-1000 people perfectly happy with the update who aren't spamming forums and are just getting on with the game.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I really dont understand people hating this update so much, i cant understand if people dislike it, thats fair enough, but to spend days ranting about it.. i find that pretty sad. Stuff like this always happens when major updates happen then after a week everyone loves it, i personally liked this update, it just makes you realise how bad the old graphics actually were and as for the people saying they want 07 graphics back, most of them didnt even play at that time it makes me lol.

torvaa.png

i know what he/she was thinking

Darth-Vader-icon.png -without the spikes ofc :P

fresiandthesheep1.jpg

Dyslexia lvl 99, Youtube:3D RS, My 3D on Tif, My Runetrack, My Tif Profile

According to Mod GFX the following armours are going to be tweaked again:

• Rune Armours - Too bright
  • Void Armour - Wrong colour
  • Varrock Armour - No idea
  • Blessed Dragonhide - The trim is missing from all of them

They also plan to release the items they forgot about soon. RSOF Thread: [qfc]15-16-312-63612457[/qfc]

SLwQsg1.png

"Unfortunately, the real world isn't the same as a fairy tale."

I'm actually not sure I want rune armors to be tweaked. They remind me of the classic color. I was just getting used to seeing it again ; . ;

And of course, I already paid 300k to cycle through the Guardian, Justicar, and Executioner Elite Void colors ; . ;

Hooray though, blessed dragonhide no longer looked different, glad they're changing it.

hzvjpwS.gif

In really hope they don't change rune. Seeing it back to RSC colours makes me feel fuzzy inside.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

In really hope they don't change rune. Seeing it back to RSC colours makes me feel fuzzy inside.

They realised this and decided that this was unacceptable. Didn't you see the cursor colour decisions? :P

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

I'm actually not sure I want rune armors to be tweaked. They remind me of the classic color. I was just getting used to seeing it again ; . ;

And of course, I already paid 300k to cycle through the Guardian, Justicar, and Executioner Elite Void colors ; . ;

Hooray though, blessed dragonhide no longer looked different, glad they're changing it.

THIS A THOUSAND TIMES!

4e0Vn.png

I really dont understand people hating this update so much, i cant understand if people dislike it, thats fair enough, but to spend days ranting about it.. i find that pretty sad. Stuff like this always happens when major updates happen then after a week everyone loves it, i personally liked this update, it just makes you realise how bad the old graphics actually were and as for the people saying they want 07 graphics back, most of them didnt even play at that time it makes me lol.

It gets even funnier when you realize how much flak the game gets for having cartoony graphics. Damned if you do... :razz:

Hey all,

There will be a system update in approximately 30 minutes time. This will be to fix the following issues:

-Black chainbody will now appear correctly on players.

-Proselyte has now been updated.

-Full Slayer helm, Hexcrest and Focus sight have all been updated.

-Anti dragon shield is now updated.

-Dragonfire shield will now animate with the player correctly.

-The Rune full helm (h1) can once again be equipped.

-The Wilderness icon will no longer appear in certain locations in the Gnome Stronghold and Tree Gnome Village.

-The bushes required for Tower of Life have been replanted around the tower.

-Remodelled Achey trees now give Achey logs when cut.

-The high-level Gnome Agility monkey bars will no longer place players in midair occasionally.

-The Summoning Citadel skill plot will no longer switch which obelisk is active so quickly.

Apologies for the inconvenience,

Mod Easty

Taken from [qfc]15-16-198-63614807[/qfc]

220px-TurtleOmaha.jpg

Merged your topic ezee.

PM me if you have any questions.

~Ezk

Tip.it Mod.

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

2672nd person to reach 2496 total.
Thanks to Wicked for the awesome siggy :D