6-March-2011 - Player Armour, Gnomes and Clan Fealty

Saradomin_Mage

Armour Graphical Update

Our biggest equipment update yet is here! As previewed at RuneFest 2011 , and building on the improvements already seen in the Barrows update and the Troll Warzone, were proud to present our latest batch of graphical improvements to armour and shields. Taking into account your feedback from Runefest and the forums, everything from adamant to Zuriels has been spruced up to look distinct (take a look at an addy platebody next to a rune platebody), full of character and just plain amazing. Read on for full details of the gear weve revamped:

Melee:

White armour, including initiate and proselyte.

Black armour, including elite, trimmed, gold-trimmed and heraldic.

Mithril armour.

Adamant armour, including trimmed, gold-trimmed and heraldic.

Rune armour, including trimmed, gold-trimmed, heraldic, gilded and all god-specific variants.

Dragon armour, including trimmed, ornate and corrupt.

Torva armour.

Bandos armour.

Barbarian Assault fighters torso.

Warrior, Berserker and Neitiznot helms.

Varrock armour, all tiers.

Ranged:

Studded leather.

Dragonhide: green, blue, red and black, and all blessed variants.

Armadyl armour.

Robin Hood hat.

Avas equipment.

Magic:

Mystic robes, including light and dark variants.

Enchanted robes.

Infinity robes, including all elemental variants.

Zuriels equipment.

General Use/Non-specific:

Void Knights gear, including style-specific headgear and elite variants.

Slayer Helmet, including full variant.

Weve made each set look more imposing as the level requirements rise, and weve gone out of our way to make many of the rarer variants stand out. What are you waiting for? Go and check out your bank!

Gnome on the Range

Gnome-related content is also given a fresh coat of creosote today, with a complete rework of gnome NPC models, chatheads and environments. Curved, stylised wooden architecture now pervades the Gnome Stronghold; lush, verdant topiary marks the borders of the Tree Gnome Village; and the top level of the Grand Tree really is a sight to behold, with some amazing lighting effects and a tremendous view. Each gnomish chathead and NPC model has been given a new level of detail too, so make sure to book in some face-time with these diminutive denizens of the forest.

Of course, this is all part of our ongoing efforts to overhaul the games look be sure to continue giving us your feedback on RuneScapes visuals on the forums.

Clan Fealty

Finally, weve made some changes to reward you stalwart clan skillers for your ongoing hard graft. Upon becoming eligible for a clan ring, youll also attain a Clan Fealty rank of 1, which means a 15% bonus to skilling XP earned at skill plots in your citadel from the next build tick. For each subsequent week that you earn your clan ring, youll gain another rank (up to 3), for a potential bonus of +45% XP! Along with extra skill lamps and a trimmed upgrade to your clan cape that improves with your rank, theres never been a better time to get to work in your citadel.

On top of this, mining and woodcutting plots no longer degrade after a single use, and Shattered Heart rocks can now be obtained while skilling in your citadel.

The quota youll need to meet each week has been slightly increased across the board to reflect the additional reward, and your Fealty rank will decrease by 1 for each week that you do not meet your quota, but you can always attain it anew.

Clan admins among you also have some new tools to manage the maintenance of your citadels. It is now possible to lock out skill plots once an XP target has been met, allowing you to direct the efforts of your clan, as needed, to meet your weekly upkeep needs. Its also possible to lock a skill plot indefinitely, until it is manually unlocked.

Enjoy!

Mod GFX, Mod Chihiro & Mod Avatar

In Other News...

The swift gloves from the Dominion Tower have had their stats improved.

The spellcaster gloves special attack, which sometimes activates when casting spells without a staff equipped and while wearing the gloves, has had its damage output increased.

The Dominion staff no longer has an Attack requirement.

Castle Wars now requires the player to remain in the game for at least 10 minutes to gain a reward, or for the game to count towards their total games played.

[spoiler=Patch Notes]

Graphical:

The Clan Battlemaster has finally put away the Christmas trees on the Clan Battlefield.

Familiars no longer deform when fighting Tarn Razorlor.

Opening doors locked with a magic barrier in Dungeoneering no longer clips with the door on certain themed floors.

Quests & Tasks:

It is no longer possible to gain multiple copies of the Firemakers' Curse pets by using a Menagerie.

Summoning is no longer boosted via the Stone of Jas.

Other:

The Death tutorial will now be shown for all players once, instead of checking if a player has less than 100 total levels before showing it.

Clan Battlefield NPCs now hunt the player over greater distances and no longer ignore the player after a certain amount of time.

Taking the cart to Shilo Village no longer takes players money before the player arrives, in case the player clicks out of a chat window.

Withdrawing coins from a money pouch in the Wilderness now warns the player that doing so will cause those coins to be risked wealth.

Coins received from Treasure Trails and random event reward boxes are now placed in the money pouch.

Herblore Habitat bushes can now be picked with a full inventory when the player has at least one of that kind of berry.

The mindspike's special attack now uses the correct animation for whichever element it's attuned to.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Gushing hard over this. The neitiznot helmet looks angelic, I know I will login to see my full inventory of gear changed, and will soon go to the Tree Gnome Stronghold to see the looks. Great update. :thumbsup:

Still need to kill Pest Queen to access Swift gloves, so I better get around to unlocking her. I wonder if I still get to keep my multiple fire familiars in the menagerie as long as I don't remove them.

Seems pretty cool... Wondering why the Robin Hood Hat got updated though...

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

2672nd person to reach 2496 total.
Thanks to Wicked for the awesome siggy :D

Sounds good, no more world hopping for Castle Wars games though? Guess that was a bit of a problem, but it's going to make trimmed comp that much more uninteresting afk >.>.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Castle Wars now requires the player to remain in the game for at least 10 minutes to gain a reward, or for the game to count towards their total games played.

Ouch

Too bad most worlds are dead when it comes to Castle Wars aside from the servers dedicated to them. :(

Ouch

Too bad most worlds are dead when it comes to Castle Wars aside from the servers dedicated to them. :(

You can 1v1 Castle Wars, you used to be able to hop between games and get 3 games per 25 minutes or so. Now you'd be able to get 2 at most with a decent planning.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

aHejZ.png

will take updated pictures later.

EDIT: here they are

armorpost2.png

didn't have a chance to get a picture of full dragon with plate and full help before the update but will have it in the final.

4e0Vn.png

Full Slayer helm looks amazing, gotta say one of my favorites from this, looks even more like something a slayer would use now

Actually pretty impressed by Armadyl upgrades too, the look very god-like now

And d-hide armor looks amazing too, a nice update all around, now just gotta get used to the new updated armor lol

99 Fletching 99 Attack 99 Constitution 99 Cooking 99 Strength

Gamertag: H8tebringer

h8tebringer-siggy-bloodskull-1.jpg

Looking forward to your update post Trey. I'm waiting for images, post them people. :unsure:

rc1tzc.png

☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢

Seriously excited about these updates. For people like myself who run a clan, this update answers a lot of what we've been asking for. :thumbsup:

I'm really liking the clan updates as well, although I thought they would be next week. I picked the wrong time to max my resources already for this week (finished about an hour before the update). I wonder if my fealty level will be 1 when I log in.