6-March-2011 - Player Armour, Gnomes and Clan Fealty

Saradomin_Mage

Jagex really has to stop fixing what isn't broken. :(

People really need to stop using that tired phrase for every update.

Nobody can deny that the basic armours Bronze-Dragon were outdated. They looked out of place in a game that had advanced around them.

The more I compare old with new the more I'm convinced that the only way people can hate this whole update is due to the fact they can't handle change.

Totally agree it is such a tired out phrase. They aren't 'fixing' they are UPGRADING outdated graphics, in the same way you buy a new coat when yours gets old and tatty etc.

Sure people may dislike a few armours in the new style, but people are always gonna dislike the look of some armours; but as with every update after about 2 months of dragged out whining and OH MY GOD GIVE US TOOGLEZOR BUTTON JAGEX!?!?$?!SHIFTONE£$$F suddenly it all quiets down and no-one cares about the new looks because they adapt to it.

I mean remember how we all hate and cannot get on with the new interface, new scimitars, lp, new prayer points, new damage splats, new barrows armours even? Oh wait no we do get along fine with all them because you get used to change.

While I sort of agree, you basically responded to his tired out phrase with another tired out phrase "you'll get used to change." Every time something is changed, that's always the one of the things people say to defend it. While it's true cause that's what we as humans do (adapt), I don't think it's a good defense for any update. I do agree the graphics of the old armors were in need of an upgrade to match the new ones.

icecube7.jpeg

Jagex really has to stop fixing what isn't broken. :(

People really need to stop using that tired phrase for every update.

Nobody can deny that the basic armours Bronze-Dragon were outdated. They looked out of place in a game that had advanced around them.

The more I compare old with new the more I'm convinced that the only way people can hate this whole update is due to the fact they can't handle change.

Totally agree it is such a tired out phrase. They aren't 'fixing' they are UPGRADING outdated graphics, in the same way you buy a new coat when yours gets old and tatty etc.

Sure people may dislike a few armours in the new style, but people are always gonna dislike the look of some armours; but as with every update after about 2 months of dragged out whining and OH MY GOD GIVE US TOOGLEZOR BUTTON JAGEX!?!?$?!SHIFTONE£$$F suddenly it all quiets down and no-one cares about the new looks because they adapt to it.

I mean remember how we all hate and cannot get on with the new interface, new scimitars, lp, new prayer points, new damage splats, new barrows armours even? Oh wait no we do get along fine with all them because you get used to change.

While I sort of agree, you basically responded to his tired out phrase with another tired out phrase "you'll get used to change." Every time something is changed, that's always the one of the things people say to defend it. While it's true cause that's what we as humans do (adapt), I don't think it's a good defense for any update. I do agree the graphics of the old armors were in need of an upgrade to match the new ones.

If people want to use the same pathetic tired argument agaisnt every update why can't we use the same tired defense to it?

And I'd say most would say it is a perfectly valid defense in this case; no-one can genuinely say the old graphics looked better by everything measurable about graphics (eg objective factsnot subjective opinions and tastes) the new ones are quite clearly better.

So people's issue entirely arises from the change and the fact their old favourites might not be quite so appealing to them any more, to solution is not to whine and say stuff is being 'broken' and the old ones looked better. The solution is to get on with your life and deal with the fact things change and thus you must adapt to them.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Man I remember when dragonfire shields first came out and when I got one I thought they were the most badass looking shields. Even when spirit shields and dungeoneering shields came out and I had the chance to compare the two stat-wise and cosmetically I thought the dragonfire shield blew out the competition. Now with this update I am yet again blown away by the looks of the shield.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

has the animation of the DFS firing a bolt of dragonfire also changed?

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

has the animation of the DFS firing a bolt of dragonfire also changed?

I'm not sure, but I'm also wondering if the level of glow contained in the maw of the dragonfire shield changes with the amount of charges held within.

Looking at runescape.wikia... Apparently not for the bolt of dragonfire, but I'm not entirely sure for the glow effect because I see nothing pertaining to it other than an empty shield has no glow and a full shield shows with a large glow.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

And they forgot the void deflector, again.

Sad, I really don't get how they can't get this right. They just released the update, people on the forums are telling them the deflector isn't updated but nah. Their dev's must have the memory of a Goldfish.

Sylpheed.png

Considering (unless im muddled) cuisse is meant to be male legs and tasset female skirt it does seem odd tht cuisse is more revealing; kind looks like u took the skirt off and had some hotpants beneath then covered ur modesty with dangley thing.

Cuisse icon certainly looks more complete leg wise, perhaps it is on male models?

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Is anyone else having issues gaining access to the Gnome Stronghold?

If I try to telly in, using the Spirit Tree, the screen goes black, it shows a loading to 50%, and then the entire game hangs on me. I get the same effect if I walk in too, I can get through the gate and can run north about half-way up the agility course and then I get the same screen.

It makes no never mind which resolution I use.

If I log out and back in, I cant get past the 50% loading level.

If I switch browsers to, say, Chrome, and set the graphics level to minimum it may load. And I can get to my fruit tree and get my farm run done, but I try to return to the same space again on those settings that worked, I get the 50% load screen and it hangs again. If I switch to another browser, like Safari, it will allow me to see it again.

I managed to use a glider and get into the grand tree but I was too chicken to try it any further.

This is messed up.

Anyone else having these issues?

nyuseg.png

Questions about clan fealty:

How do I check it?

Did I gain fealty if I capped on Monday? (build tick is Sunday)

Thanks if anyone can help.

As far as the armor goes, I really like what they are doing. Nostalgia isn't affecting me one bit and I've played since 05 or so...

Sugar_Nana.png

Questions about clan fealty:

How do I check it?

Did I gain fealty if I capped on Monday? (build tick is Sunday)

Thanks if anyone can help.

As far as the armor goes, I really like what they are doing. Nostalgia isn't affecting me one bit and I've played since 05 or so...

No way to check it til you gain it (or not) at build tick.

You can check current level via the resource checker button beside ur name in cc.

As for if you get it or not usually it's a case of if you earned ring you'll get it.

From what I gather for this week there's 3 ways to get it for next build tick:

1) If you earned and claimed ring before the update you'll only get fealty 1 if you do not log in until after your citadels next build tick.

2) If you earned ring before the update but claim the ring after the update you'll get fealty 1 at next build tick.

3) If you earn the ring after the update you'll get fealty 1 at next build tick.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Thanks and one more if I may, how can you get the xp lamp reward? I heard from one friend that it requires clan fealty 3 but I just want to make sure. Also quite annoyed that Jagex can't just give everyone with a ring the fealty they deserve...

Sugar_Nana.png

Thanks and one more if I may, how can you get the xp lamp reward? I heard from one friend that it requires clan fealty 3 but I just want to make sure. Also quite annoyed that Jagex can't just give everyone with a ring the fealty they deserve...

Lamp is fealty 3 only and is claimed via right click option on the cape.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

For anyone who cares fealty rank 1 clan cape:

clan_by_sy_accursed-d4s4ebz.png

Note the gold trim and 1 star.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Black heraldic helm

mvn6rt.png

Does anyone remember how dragon platelegs used to look like long time ago? Those thick, massive, warrior -style looking legs.

Dragon_PLATELEGS.gif

Then they made them look like they were worn by a fricking ballerina dancer. I mean come on!

Most people hated the bulky dragon platelegs tbh. They were just horrible.

2480+ total

i like new rune armor color choice it also made me think classic.....though i need to agree that classic version armor still looks better :P

og9b4n.jpg

I dislike that now regular black armor is not completely black anymore

I don't dispute that it's a good update that is sure to drive the game forward, but you have to sometimes wonder what the concept artists were thinking.

torvaa.png

:lol:

all in all, not toooo bad jagex.... rune looks like space aliens, and i miss the all platebodies, be they rune or bronze looking the same... wish they hadn't made each set identically different.

my big problem however is...

MY MOTHER (BLEEPING) TORVA@

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE JAGEX YOU MAD FOOLS I FEEL LIKE A MAN WEARING PURPLE PANTS AND 5 PURPLE BRAS UNDER A TANK TOP.....

helm looks, as pointed out like the de-development artists were a bit high.....

meamzed.png

I don't dispute that it's a good update that is sure to drive the game forward, but you have to sometimes wonder what the concept artists were thinking.

torvaa.png

:lol:

all in all, not toooo bad jagex.... rune looks like space aliens, and i miss the all platebodies, be they rune or bronze looking the same... wish they hadn't made each set identically different.

my big problem however is...

MY MOTHER (BLEEPING) TORVA@

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE JAGEX YOU MAD FOOLS I FEEL LIKE A MAN WEARING PURPLE PANTS AND 5 PURPLE BRAS UNDER A TANK TOP.....

helm looks, as pointed out like the de-development artists were a bit high.....

Kinda reminds me of Darth Vader from Star Wars.

220px-TurtleOmaha.jpg