Behind the Scenes - April

I'm calling it... We will still have to buy a vial and feathers.

Feathers is a given with the whole items can't be consumed off the toolbelt.

Vial could go either way in my book. Though *if* it is on there it'll be for skill doors only and not for pot making no doubt.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There may be one on the toolbelt which is used only for skill doors; for potions you'll have to buy the vials yourself.

Well we can hope so anyway, but after this microtransactions thing today I will think otherwise

EAVnEYl.png

Visit my blog! Click the madness for more madness!

I'm calling it... We will still have to buy a vial and feathers.

Feathers is a given with the whole items can't be consumed off the toolbelt.

Vial could go either way in my book. Though *if* it is on there it'll be for skill doors only and not for pot making no doubt.

I would crack up if we both were wrong and they let the smuggler sell some off the wall container for the doors that could be put on the belt.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

1 annoyance I have with dg toolbelt: Gonna have to do a truck load of C6 abandoned floors to get primal pick and hatchet on it.

At least we will have a good use for those two items now though since it wasn't worth wasting a bind spot for either of those items. Another good thing is that both are dropped from the same monster.

This kinda makes me want to get 100 and go for another two chaotic items I need.

LETS MAKE DUNGEONEERING EASIER IN A WAY THAT MAKES INTELLECTUALLY CHALLENGED SCAPERS GET NEARLY AS FAST FLOORS AS THE ONES THAT KNOW WHAT THEYRE DOING

ITS BRILLIANT

LETS MAKE DUNGEONEERING EASIER IN A WAY THAT MAKES INTELLECTUALLY CHALLENGED SCAPERS GET NEARLY AS FAST FLOORS AS THE ONES THAT KNOW WHAT THEYRE DOING

ITS BRILLIANT

I fail to see how this does that much to aid people in doing faster floors if they lack the methods.

The skill in routing which doors you open when still stands.

Gating skill doors still stands.

Gating/recalling key doors with un-found key still stands.

All this does is make the relatively minor tweaks that gating to swap keys is un-needed and finding gp for a toolkit is un-needed. Sure it will knock a few minutes off a large floor, but it is not going to get bad dgers anywhere near the speed of good dgers. Even if things were equal it just means everyone will be x minutes faster per floor, so the good dgers still have just as much of an upper hand. In reality whereby good dgers will make better use of it it means good dgers will probably end up further ahead, eg bad dgers will be x minutes faster but gd dgers will be 1.5*x faster.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

SoF: wat

Dungeoneering: I mean, ok with the toolbelt, but the key toolbelt too? C'mon don't make it that easy... Guess I won't be a keyer anymore ._.

RC: About freaking time, let's hope it's fun to play as well

Man, why did they have to dumb down dungeoneering that much L

_p3_minato_arisato_signature__by_x0sandylicious0x-d3hnk6v.png

ITS BRILLIANT

I fail to see how this does that much to aid people in doing faster floors if they lack the methods.

The skill in routing which doors you open when still stands.

Gating skill doors still stands.

Gating/recalling key doors with un-found key still stands.

All this does is make the relatively minor tweaks that gating to swap keys is un-needed and finding gp for a toolkit is un-needed. Sure it will knock a few minutes off a large floor, but it is not going to get bad dgers anywhere near the speed of good dgers. Even if things were equal it just means everyone will be x minutes faster per floor, so the good dgers still have just as much of an upper hand. In reality whereby good dgers will make better use of it it means good dgers will probably end up further ahead, eg bad dgers will be x minutes faster but gd dgers will be 1.5*x faster.

>which doors you open when still stands...wat does that even mean

> guess that is still a factor for 1.2k overall dgers

> what even is the point of calling when u can see in a little keybelt thingy when ur keys available in the first place

> good dgers' floor times are like entirely spent doing gds and puzzles in the first place so itll speed stuff up for them but no where near as much as it will for bad dgers

Which doors you open when is the whole routing thing that DGS has some in-depth guides on and can dramatically alter floor times. It is about predicting how far a path will go and dealing with shorter paths first so that entire routes are made 'dead' to save gating/running back and forth across rooms/routes more than necessary.

I said nothing about calling, I said it still stands as a necessity to gate and remember what key doors are where for keys not found when the door is. If you find a red triangle door and gate it as there is no key you still need to remember that is where your gate is and need a call when the key is found etc.

I fail to see logic how bad dgers can benefit more from this, they get the exact same benefit as gd dgers. And gd dgers by definition will put it to better use. Sure it'll speed up learning due to less to learn in terms of keying but in established dgers a good dger should still be able to make better use of the changes to squash floor times than a bad dger. In the same way current methods someone doing it badly will still take longer.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

LETS MAKE DUNGEONEERING USER-FRIENDLY

ITS BRILLIANT

Fixed :grin:

Granted, I'm not one of those elitist/pro DGers, but it seems like this is more for convenience than anything. Yes, it'll speed up floors for bad teams but... Actually, I don't see much of a problem with that. The skill becomes more accessible. As it is, you have a decent amount of 'Scapers that won't touch the skill because random teams are infamously terrible and few clans exist to teach the skill to new players (DGS, for example, is aimed at players that already have half an idea of what they're supposed to do).

Granted, I'm not one of those elitist/pro DGers, but it seems like this is more for convenience than anything. Yes, it'll speed up floors for bad teams but... Actually, I don't see much of a problem with that.

This. I don't see the problem. Bad teams will have less trouble, and good teams will be even more fluid now. There is no downside.

crossed_body.png

Man, why did they have to dumb down dungeoneering that much L

As Alg said, to make it more accessible to more players. Not all of us have DGS levels of skill you know. :wink:

Personally, I think this will help the skill out a lot. Now if they could only do something about the abysmal solo xp rates we'd be all set.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

RuneSpan: +5

Dungeoneering: +10

SoF: -9001

result?

5dkc.jpg

| 99 Attack | 99 Strength | 99 Defence | 99 Hit Points | 99 Prayer | 99 Magic | 99 Summoning | 99 Ranging |
| 99 Agility| 99 Woodcutting | 99 Construction | 99 Fletching | 99 Herblore | 99 Runecrafting | 99 Thieving |
| 99 Firemaking | 99 Crafting | 99 Runecrafting | 99 Cooking| 99 Smithing | 99 Construction | 99 Fishing |
| 99 Hunter | 99 Farming | 99 Slayer |  Divination 99 | 115+ Dungeoneering |

Total Level: 2590+
Max Cape - Owner

Dungeoneering improvements is a godsend to solo dungeoneers like myself, hate having to run back and forth to pick up an item I needed for a door or to get resources

SoF is just fail...no words can describe this

All these updates to DG but still no headway on making it more solo-friendly? I don't mind it in teams too much, but would be awesome to be able to do it at my own pace (change windows every 3 minutes to check facebook/change music/generally be distracted) and still get a decent xp rate.

I don't think that Runespan is the revolutionary Runecraft training method everyone's been hearing about since RuneFest.

Other than that, good to see some much needed fixes to Dungeoneering. Should've been done months back, but you take what you can get.

i think it is

at runefest they said the reward would be an upgrade to the wicked hood and a larger pouch.

And guess what the rewards for runespan are.

Naaxi.png

D3FTW. Nuff said.

| 99 Attack | 99 Strength | 99 Defence | 99 Hit Points | 99 Prayer | 99 Magic | 99 Summoning | 99 Ranging |
| 99 Agility| 99 Woodcutting | 99 Construction | 99 Fletching | 99 Herblore | 99 Runecrafting | 99 Thieving |
| 99 Firemaking | 99 Crafting | 99 Runecrafting | 99 Cooking| 99 Smithing | 99 Construction | 99 Fishing |
| 99 Hunter | 99 Farming | 99 Slayer |  Divination 99 | 115+ Dungeoneering |

Total Level: 2590+
Max Cape - Owner

Which doors you open when is the whole routing thing that DGS has some in-depth guides on and can dramatically alter floor times. It is about predicting how far a path will go and dealing with shorter paths first so that entire routes are made 'dead' to save gating/running back and forth across rooms/routes more than necessary.

I said nothing about calling, I said it still stands as a necessity to gate and remember what key doors are where for keys not found when the door is. If you find a red triangle door and gate it as there is no key you still need to remember that is where your gate is and need a call when the key is found etc.

I fail to see logic how bad dgers can benefit more from this, they get the exact same benefit as gd dgers. And gd dgers by definition will put it to better use. Sure it'll speed up learning due to less to learn in terms of keying but in established dgers a good dger should still be able to make better use of the changes to squash floor times than a bad dger. In the same way current methods someone doing it badly will still take longer.

Critical path and ggs placement actually have no relation with this update, thats going to be done as it was before. No people wont need to call when a key has been found because people just look to see when that key appears in their keybelt (unless its a click-to-view window rather than a popup that stays in the corner of your view.) But neither of the 2 matter because what will be affected is something that good dgers do their best in compacting their time-spent. Had you ran into a double key door path both relatively farther away from one another pre-update youd have to know how 2 be efficient with g8stone placement now those doors may very well turn into enter doors if people have access to the key-belt and theyre available. Lets not forget the need for memorization that will be dumbed down as having access to all obtained keys at any time will just decrease the # of key doors you have gated. Lets say youre spreeing north east corner and theres pcr pco bcr bp gor doors and the keyr had gor pco and pcr keys youd have to remember that gor pco pcr was what you needed to get and that bp and bcr was what you had to regate along with any other potential doors that you were to come across + knowing where to leave your gate based on the positioning of the doors, thats something a good dger would be able to handle but a derp wouldnt be able to mentally grasp in a fast pacesd mindstate prior to this update and would result in time-waste. Now in dumbeoneering both the good and bad dungeoneerers will be able to keep up with

@Alg youre probably right but this is my conceited take as dungeoneering was one of the few things in rs that actually took intellectual skills, and probably still will be but the gap between good and bad has been narrowed

They could give starting gp/more binds if they wanted to speed up dungeoneering and i would have been completely fine with that, but they one of the few fun factors it had to offer

The thing I'm disappointed at (Besides the SoF malarkey) is the lack of a quest. That means two dry months, and while the two earlier this year were above mediocre that's still a pretty weak year so far.

http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww6/aspeeder/Siggy_zpsewaiux2t.png

99 Strength since 6/02/10 99 Attack since 9/19/10 99 Constitution since 10/03/10 99 Defense since 3/14/11

99 Slayer since 8/30/11 99 Summoning since 9/10/11 99 Ranged since 09/18/11 99 Magic since 11/12/11

99 Prayer since 11/15/11 99 Herblore since 3/29/12 99 Firemaking since 5/15/12 99 Smithing since 10/04/12

99 Crafting since 9/16/13 99 Agility since 9/23/13 99 Dungeoneering since 1/1/14 99 Fishing since 2/4/14

99 Mining since 2/28/14 99 Farming since 6/04/14 99 Cooking since 6/11/14 99 Runecrafting since 10/10/14

9 Fletching since 11/11/14 99 Thieving since 11/14/14 99 Woodcutting since 11/20/14 99 Construction since 12/03/14

99 Divination since 2/22/15 99 Hunter since 2/23/15 99 Invention since 01/20/17 99 Archaeology since 5/14/22
Quest Point Cape since 08/20/09
Maxed since 2/23/15 Fire Cape since 02/27/13
Slayer: 3 Leaf-Bladed Swords, 8 Black Masks, 2 Hexcrests, 26 Granite Mauls, 5 Focus Sights, 32 Abyssal Whips, 9 Dark Bows, 1 Whip Vine, 3 Staffs of Light, 15 Polypore Sticks

Dragon: 9 Draconic Visages, 7 Shield Left Halves, 20 Dragon Boots, 40 Dragon Med Helms, 8 Dragon Platelegs, 6 Dragon Spears, 20 Dragon Daggers, 5 Dragon Plateskirts, 1 Dragon Chainbody, 63 Off-hand Dragon Throwing Axes, 19 Dragon Longswords, 27 Dragon Maces, 1 Dragon Ward
Treasure Trails: Saradomin Full Helm, Ranger Boots, Rune Body (t), Saradomin Vambraces, Various God Pages
Misc:1 Onyx,1 Ahrim's Hood, 1 Guthan's Chainskirt, 1 Demon Slayer Boots