Behind the Scenes - April

The way the worded the info on the toolbelt in Daemonheim leads me to believe you can't permanently add higher tier tools (pickaxe, hatchet). They say something like "once you find them, you can stick them in your toolbelt to save inventory space". So if you get a better pickaxe or hatchet, you can add it to your toolbelt just to save space, not to keep it after the dungeon (permanently).

This would actually make more sense, considering how the current toolbelt works

The difference I see:

Surface world they don't want you to perma save a high value item, just have basic tools.

Dg:

They want the higher tier hatchets and pickaxes to be useful because currently they get entirely ignored as they are a waste of time to make and not worth binding.

The issue of perma saving high value items doesn't apply either.

Plus the overall wording implies a perma save to me:

"First up, we’ve added a tool belt for use in Dungeoneering. Much like its surface world counterpart, this will automatically be filled with all basic tools, as well as a novite pickaxe and hatchet. You’ll also be able to add higher-level tools to your Dungeoneering tool belt when you find them, effectively allowing you to carry around the best pickaxes and hatchets you can without costing you inventory space."

The bolded sentence implies they are saved since we have never been able to add items to a toolbelt that are later removed.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope they are permanent, I hate dungeoneering and this update will likely bring me back.

Same.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

What can help dungeoneering is the addition of Prestige Binds which are binds that disappear when you reset your prestige. Nothing overpowered, just the ability to prestige bind more as you level: gloves (lvl 1), boots (lvl 50), helmets (lvl 99), and legs (lvl 120). With that, many of the early boss drops have a reason to be picked up and actually used.

Another option is some method to change your combat style without all the headache. Currently that means destroying melee based binds when you find or create magic or range based binds. An easy fix is create sort of a dungeoneering deposit chest in the boss room. This box can store say 20 dungeoneering items but deposits only, no withdrawing while in the dungeon. You can even deposit bound items. When you create or join a party, you are given the option to withdrawing items from this chest and binding them prior to starting the new dungeon. With that, a melee character can store all his equipment at a boss room, exit the dungeon, start a new team, and bind mage items. Offers much more playstyle variety for the higher skill levels and gives players a good reason to max out all their ring styles.

These coupled with the tool belt should make it more fun to approach dungeoneering in a more casual style.

nukemarine.png

Learn how to Learn Japanese on your own - Nukemarine's Suggested Guide for Beginners in Japanese
Stop Forgetting Stuff for College and Life - Anki - a program which makes remembering things easy
Reach Elite Fitness - CrossFit

I hope they are permanent, I hate dungeoneering and this update will likely bring me back.

Me too. If they aren't permanent, then primal ones become irrelevant, because you can't get them till the boss anyways.

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

What can help dungeoneering is the addition of Prestige Binds which are binds that disappear when you reset your prestige. Nothing overpowered, just the ability to prestige bind more as you level: gloves (lvl 1), boots (lvl 50), helmets (lvl 99), and legs (lvl 120). With that, many of the early boss drops have a reason to be picked up and actually used.

Another option is some method to change your combat style without all the headache. Currently that means destroying melee based binds when you find or create magic or range based binds. An easy fix is create sort of a dungeoneering deposit chest in the boss room. This box can store say 20 dungeoneering items but deposits only, no withdrawing while in the dungeon. You can even deposit bound items. When you create or join a party, you are given the option to withdrawing items from this chest and binding them prior to starting the new dungeon. With that, a melee character can store all his equipment at a boss room, exit the dungeon, start a new team, and bind mage items. Offers much more playstyle variety for the higher skill levels and gives players a good reason to max out all their ring styles.

These coupled with the tool belt should make it more fun to approach dungeoneering in a more casual style.

then there would be no point to binding anything other than slayer drops.

everyone would just craft a set of new armor every reset, then continue as planned for the next reset.

Only with full body armor.

That'd be ridiculously game breaking.

the only difference between that idea and actually giving everyone ~10 binds would be the few minutes spent each reset.

Naaxi.png

A similar idea would be to let you bind more than the amount of items that your level would normally allow, but you can only bring that many in to the dungeon and you would have to set which binds you bring before entering the dungeon. It could also work for saving items until you can (effectively) use them. Player A with 95 attack could save a primal weapon until he could use it, player B with 99 DG could save the item he wants for his third bind until 100, and player C could save that item he wants to play with for when he has free time.

Tl:Dr Have (Your number here) items bound, but they could only use one/two/three/etc per floor.

[qfc]185-186-771-63659957[/qfc]

prob already posted it, but my suggestion for dungeoneering.

Am looking forward to that update though, what will it mean for keying...?

Check it out, huge amount of effort has gone into this massive mod!

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]

everyone would just craft a set of new armor every reset, then continue as planned for the next reset.

the only difference between that idea and actually giving everyone ~10 binds would be the few minutes spent each reset.

Everyone? Everyone has 120 DG? I must have missed that memo. Now, if you meant everyone with 120 DG would just spend a certain amount of time getting level 10 gloves, boots, helm and legs then I think you'd be right. However, it's an effort they'd have to expend each prestige set. This wouldn't be just one guy, but all five guys on the team getting decked out again. I don't know the common appearance level 10 ore/hide/cloth, but I think it'll take more than a few minutes. Even then, with the exception of legs which are likely bound anyway, the boosts are nothing compared to one bound chest armor.

Still, I'll bite, what's your solution to allow a reasonable method to use promethium drops such as gloves, boots and helm in the game besides a photo op.

nukemarine.png

Learn how to Learn Japanese on your own - Nukemarine's Suggested Guide for Beginners in Japanese
Stop Forgetting Stuff for College and Life - Anki - a program which makes remembering things easy

These updates to DG are useless.

Nobody is going to make armour.

You could hand them the ore at the start and they still won't do it.

All the noobs care about is the time on the clock.

10 deaths no problem.

30 minute dungeon "F YOU NOOB YOU SO SLOW WHY SKILL".

All they had to do was like triple solo xp and all the complaints about how shitty the skill is or how retarded the community is would just evaporate.

Whatever, I'll just wait for the ability to buy XP boosters for $$$, because you know it's coming. :shame:

Here is a challenge, can you buy up lamps and save them for when the new skill comes out?

Sounds like a great way to be the first to 99 in a new skill.

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

Everyone? Everyone has 120 DG? I must have missed that memo. Now, if you meant everyone with 120 DG would just spend a certain amount of time getting level 10 gloves, boots, helm and legs then I think you'd be right. However, it's an effort they'd have to expend each prestige set. This wouldn't be just one guy, but all five guys on the team getting decked out again. I don't know the common appearance level 10 ore/hide/cloth, but I think it'll take more than a few minutes. Even then, with the exception of legs which are likely bound anyway, the boosts are nothing compared to one bound chest armor.

Still, I'll bite, what's your solution to allow a reasonable method to use promethium drops such as gloves, boots and helm in the game besides a photo op.

The current system works fine, you can spend a few minutes making the armour if you wish to do so or you can spend your time finishing the dungeon.

Here is a challenge, can you buy up lamps and save them for when the new skill comes out?

Don't think you could save lamps. Squeel spins, however.... First to 99 is meaningless if the squeel lamps work on a new skill right out the gate.

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

There'll be a period of time where you can't use any XP boosters on a new skill, but after that I imagine you could easily throw all your spins down and start lamping it.

Of course, the XP given by the lamps is much much lower at those low levels, but on the other hand, you could save up 6 months' worth of purchases in the run-up to that day.

Which is what, 750 spins a day, so 135k spins for half a year?

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

10 deaths no problem.

All they had to do was like triple solo xp and all the complaints about how shitty the skill is or how retarded the community is would just evaporate.

Whatever, I'll just wait for the ability to buy XP boosters for $$$, because you know it's coming. :shame:

Where do I find these people? I'd prefer them over the ones that sit and skill for exp for 10 minutes , i.e. crafting 1000 runes. I have nothing against skilling like making armor or food, but using up all your GP on RC while your team finishes up the dungeon for you? :/

icecube7.jpeg

10 deaths no problem.

I see you're still a super fun guy.

4e0Vn.png

The current system works fine, you can spend a few minutes making the armour if you wish to do so or you can spend your time finishing the dungeon.

So you don't have a solution. At least you're honest about it.

About the actual update, hopefully, the belt will be modified by the ring. The more you upgrade the skiller slot, the more higher tier items you can store on your belt. Hate to see it like the in game belt where there's no pre-requisite for the slots and what goes in them (besides the untradeable quest specific items).

nukemarine.png

So you don't have a solution. At least you're honest about it.

About the actual update, hopefully, the belt will be modified by the ring. The more you upgrade the skiller slot, the more higher tier items you can store on your belt. Hate to see it like the in game belt where there's no pre-requisite for the slots and what goes in them (besides the untradeable quest specific items).

I'd love to see some other things like that. Maybe upgrading the Tank class all the way allows you an additional bind for off-hand items?

2dgucz6.png

Sad to see that the DG update will likely remove the need for a keyer.

Huh? Everybody will be a keyer now, just like in the current pro teams.

^This

In my experience in pro teams the "keyer" just sort of becomes the one dealing with keeping everyone organised for gds and such via gate stones.

Every spreads out, as much as possible dealing with skill doors and keys as and when they can, hence the importance of calling.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue