2-Apr-2012 - Chocatrice vs Evil Chicken (easter update)

Den

Easter 2012: Chocatrice vs Evil Chicken

Few rivalries are as fierce as that of the Evil Chicken and the Chocatrice, who are going head-to-crest in an Easter egg hunt most fowl. The Easter Bunny is missing presumed dead and the Easter eggs he left lying across RuneScape are the target of the Evil Chicken and Chocotrice's wicked wager: to find out who can turn the greatest number of adorable little chicks into diabolically delicious snacks!

Report in to the Evil Chicken or the Chocatrice in Varrock square to find out when the next Easter egg hunt is starting. Once you've pledged your allegiance to your chosen villain, you'll be gifted with a patented Eggsterminator®, which will turn the innocent chicks within the eggs into fried chicken drumsticks or chocotreats, depending on whether you have scotch eggs (for the Evil Chicken) or marshmallows (for the Chocotrice) selected in the Combat Styles tab.

Hunts are held on every odd hour (so, 9am BST, 11am BST, 1pm BST etc.) There are 5 eggs to find per hunt, and you have you have a little under 2 hours to find them. You may be able to convince the Evil Chicken or the Chocatrice to set you off in the right direction, but after that it's down to you and your fellow players to find the rest. Breaking the eggs doesn't stop other players from finding them, so it might be wise to work with some partners in crime. Join the EvilEggFind or ChocEggFind chat channels to find suitably unscrupulous associates.

If you seek out, hatch and destroy 3 chicks, and then hand the relevant treats to the bad-guy you're backing, you'll earn the right to claim an egg or chocolate-themed mask, to show the world your shame (or lack thereof). You'll need 3 drumsticks for the egg on face mask, or 3 chocotreats for the chocolate egg on face mask.

Get all 5 eggs in a single hunt, and you'll earn a lamp giving you XP in the skill of your choice. You'll need to be a member to do this, as at least two of the eggs will always be in members-only areas.

Finally, RuneScape members among you finding all 5 eggs in a total of 3 hunts can claim a permanent version of the Eggsterminator. It'll be no yolk doing this, but persevere and you'll wreak eggy ruin across RuneScape for ever more.

Need more help? Join in with the Community team's clue nights on the 5th, 7th, 9th and 11th of April. Watch our Twitter feed, or head over to the dedicated thread at 10pm (BST) on those days.

Once you've claimed your eggy spoils, you may also wish to take part in the finale roleplaying event: The Eggagement. Look here for more information.

Mod Chihiro & Mod Edam

Do we get free spins for completing it? :rolleyes:

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

can't really be bothered doing 3 full hunts finding 5 eggs in random places in rs...

Another event item I won't get then.

Check it out, huge amount of effort has gone into this massive mod!

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]

Popping up in different places, can only do the hunts at certain times, and safe to say those two clan chats are filled up. I miss the quest style of these events since you could take your time and didn't have to do the event multiple times.

I'm uncertain if I want to do this event. :unsure:

Popping up in different places, can only do the hunts at certain times, and safe to say those two clan chats are filled up. I miss the quest style of these events since you could take your time and didn't have to do the event multiple times.

It's not restricted to certain times.

The eggs are there for the full two hours as a instance for each player and they remain there until you shoot them or the next hunt begins, no downtime.

As for finding the eggs that's easy enough the locations get posted on rsof within about 10minutes of a new hunt starting & I'm sure some nice people might copy them to here, they seem to be contained to a relatively small area.

They seem to go anywhere in the free world (excluding wildy other than dg area) then digsite area, but not over into mory. Also karamja but only free side and then jsut taverly and burthorpe area but not over white wolf.

I done 3 hunts so far (required for maximum reward)

3 full hunts = permenant egg gun thingie

3 choco treats (via marshmaloowing eggs) for chocolate egg on face mask

3 durmsticks (via scotchegging eggs) for egg on face mask.

[hide=Rewards]

Eggsterminator

3.6kg

Standard attack rate

Scotch Egg or Marshmallow attack modes.

Can Splatter any player

Examine:

"The Eggsterminator - This modified handcannon can fire scotch eggs or marshmallow.

This version will (not) remain after the Easter Period."

The not vanishes when you have done 3 full hunts and go get it enchanted, rest stays the same.

Egg on face mask & Chocolate egg on face mask

0.3kg

Exame "You've got egg on your face."

All have 0 stats.

screen_shot_2012_04_02_at_13_50_13_by_sy_accursed-d4uuy17.png

screen_shot_2012_04_02_at_13_50_04_by_sy_accursed-d4uuy0p.png

[/hide]

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

It's not restricted to certain times.

The eggs are there for the full two hours as a instance for each player and they remain there until you shoot them or the next hunt begins, no downtime.

As for finding the eggs that's easy enough the locations get posted on rsof within about 10minutes of a new hunt starting & I'm sure some nice people might copy them to here, they seem to be contained to a relatively small area.

They seem to go anywhere in the free world (excluding wildy other than dg area) then digsite area, but not over into mory. Also karamja but only free side and then jsut taverly and burthorpe area but not over white wolf.

I done 3 hunts so far (required for maximum reward)

3 full hunts = permenant egg gun thingie

3 choco treats (via marshmaloowing eggs) for chocolate egg on face mask

3 durmsticks (via scotchegging eggs) for egg on face mask.

[hide=Rewards]

Eggsterminator

3.6kg

Standard attack rate

Scotch Egg or Marshmallow attack modes.

Can Splatter any player

Examine:

"The Eggsterminator - This modified handcannon can fire scotch eggs or marshmallow.

This version will (not) remain after the Easter Period."

The not vanishes when you have done 3 full hunts and go get it enchanted, rest stays the same.

Egg on face mask & Chocolate egg on face mask

0.3kg

Exame "You've got egg on your face."

All have 0 stats.

screen_shot_2012_04_02_at_13_50_13_by_sy_accursed-d4uuy17.png

screen_shot_2012_04_02_at_13_50_04_by_sy_accursed-d4uuy0p.png

[/hide]

After hearing that info, I might just do the hunts then. The egg masks and the gun look amusing to toy around with. :lol:

The Varrock platebody is now correctly considered a part of the Golden Mining suit set for the XP bonus.

Lmao. You mean I wasn't getting my extra 1.1% all this time? Damnit !

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

The Varrock platebody is now correctly considered a part of the Golden Mining suit set for the XP bonus.

Lmao. You mean I wasn't getting my extra 1.1% all this time? Damnit !

Sucks if you wore it that way round!

Personally I just wore the suit, seeing as the varrock double ore effect works on the gold suit body and that way the set matches.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I have no framerate in Varrock Sq. Zilch.

Yeah, I noticed that I had 0-1 FPS in Varrock Square, until I lifted my camera overhead. If I lowered it, my FPS would instantly die.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Apparently the reward lamp is always given for members who do all 5 eggs every 2 hours, it works like a genie lamp from a random. I did the hunt 4 days and got the lamp each time it was completed

Possibility of 12 lamps every day...if you are insane enough

I have no framerate in Varrock Sq. Zilch.

Yeah, I noticed that I had 0-1 FPS in Varrock Square, until I lifted my camera overhead. If I lowered it, my FPS would instantly die.

Thanks for the tip. I think if I log in now though I'll be stuck in this hell of slow motion, which I'm in no mood to deal with right now.

Will probably just end up having to go to a foreign world to GTFO V Sq...

2dgucz6.png

I wish the permanent Eggsterminator would have the stats of a sling. How badass would is be to shoot marshmallows and eggs at monsters and actually kill them with it?

But obviously that's too OP. It's pretty much like a free sling that's totally untradeable and will be discontinued. That would be an unfair advantage, and I could never see Jagex doing such a controversial thing.

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

I didnt mind it but the implementation was a bit weird.

I.. Honestly have no idea what fried chicken has to do with anything. Maybe im missing something.

I understand what they were aiming to achieve to make a team effort however all I ended up doing was looking up the locations with no effort at all. I highly suspect majority of people did this. So it just seems to fail at what it was trying to achieve.

Maybe a smaller area or a way to help find the eggs would of made it better to discourage just looking up the answers.

Leave out the fried chicken too. Seems like an ingame advertisement for kfc or something. I wouldnt be surprised if it was.

Overall I give it 0/10 as the other update has put me in a negative mood when discussing anything rs. Maybe a 1/10 because I enjoyed the fact that the entire event wasnt down some rabbit hole.

I.. Honestly have no idea what fried chicken has to do with anything. Maybe im missing something.

The evil chicken wants evil drumsticks to eat, like the Chocatrice wants chocotreats. If you're asking why they want to eat those, idk. Both are apparently cannibals?

icecube7.jpeg

The evil chicken wants evil drumsticks to eat, like the Chocatrice wants chocotreats. If you're asking why they want to eat those, idk. Both are apparently cannibals?

Oh yes that reminds me. That was another thing I found weird. They were cannibals. That was part of what I was finding weird.

I was a tiny bit disturbed when the chicken was talking about eating fried chicken.. =s

So chickens are related to easter - Sortof - and jagex decided to put a cannibal chicken into the game to celebrate it. Hence the fried chicken...

Maybe a smaller area or a way to help find the eggs would of made it better to discourage just looking up the answers.

I agree 100%, maybe town by town within some boundry varrok walls.

There is a side event later where jagex will post cryptic clues as to the eggs location, that should be fun.

silent hill: easter edition

egghead.png

btw i think you can ask either of them for hints

They both have a hint option but they both share the same hint and they only give hint to 1 of the 5 eggs.

Plv6Dz6.jpg