Possible second bot nuke already?

Mojo_Monkey

I'm inclined to agree with Kimberly. A possibility that I just thought of is that Jagex is continually locking the accounts for botters, rwters, and the like and then just doing a mass ban and removal from hiscores in one fell swoop so that we'll notice it more.

Great (and yet sad) to see that a lot of high levels are getting banned though.

Could be. I think it's also likely that people are setting up shop with thousands of bots running at a time and when Jagex sniffs out enough of them they're able to determine what other accounts are part of the operation and throw them out all at once.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm inclined to agree with Kimberly. A possibility that I just thought of is that Jagex is continually locking the accounts for botters, rwters, and the like and then just doing a mass ban and removal from hiscores in one fell swoop so that we'll notice it more.

Great (and yet sad) to see that a lot of high levels are getting banned though.

Could be. I think it's also likely that people are setting up shop with thousands of bots running at a time and when Jagex sniffs out enough of them they're able to determine what other accounts are part of the operation and throw them out all at once.

Also if they do it slowly people would just point to the slowly dwindling accounts on the high scores and say "see? I told you Jagex is losing customers."

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

I highly doubt this is a bot nuke.

Seeing as Lover Romeo #1 Agil/Mine got bumped, Tg who is a 2b+, 2 front page herbs and a top 5 mage bot and get banned.

I have a feeling Jagex is just lazy and doesn't remove f2ps till they have enough.

I've just gone mining in World 1 Rimmington, and there is someone with combat level 117 botting there. I won't post my methods, but it's not difficult to tell whether someone there is a bot. So yes, some high levels are botting...

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

where have you been the past 3 years? This isn't even an outrageous claim.

Just check the top 100 ranks of hunter and see how many bot names are on there...

And yes, I'm aware that a bot name isn't enough evidence for it actually being a bot, and I'm not suggesting banning them because of that, but I'm just saying, it's not too unlikely that a fair number of those ARE actually bots...and that's the accounts with the highest experience in that skill in the whole game...

I've just gone mining in World 1 Rimmington, and there is someone with combat level 117 botting there. I won't post my methods, but it's not difficult to tell whether someone there is a bot. So yes, some high levels are botting...

Just because it is a claim that is consistently repeated with these plucked out of the air percentages doesn't make it any more factual.

As I said I do not believe anywhere near that high a percentage of high levels have botted at some point.

As for the bot names, to me a bot that is a high level and a high level that has botted are not one in the same.

A bot that is high level is just that, an account made by the gold farmers or w/e that has done nothng but be botted on and was never really played.

A high level that has botted is an actual real player who plays the game 'properly' to an extent but has used a bot for a skill/task or two they don't enjoy.

Also I never said NO high levels are botting, I just said I do not think it is a majority the way certain people make it out to be. People bandy around 70%, 90% etc. but there's never been any actual proof of it; and trying to argue this point with such people rarely gets anywhere because they employ the get out clause of "They say they don't/haven't but they have really." and as such insist that there can be no proof as no-one will admit it whilst equally removing any chance of disproving their point. (You can't afterall produce any tangible proof of not botting beyond you're word and if that is automatically deemed lying then what proof is there?)

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

It's just putting two and two together. Between the people who admit that they have botted (if you've known they for a while), and the people who one might suspect are botting (how many people can click repetitively and not even have the slightest desire to say "Hi," despite having time to do so), what conclusion does one draw?

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

It's just putting two and two together. Between the people who admit that they have botted (if you've known they for a while), and the people who one might suspect are botting (how many people can click repetitively and not even have the slightest desire to say "Hi," despite having time to do so), what conclusion does one draw?

If you are metagaming you do not have time to do so. Typing takes precise ticks which impacts on the xp:hr in the long run.

Plus being unsociable is hardly a good measure to go by at all many people be clicking away but watching tv or talking on skype and not paying attention to chat, some will even have chat turned off.

Not talking is the absolutely WORST measure of botting, especially seeing as most bots these days are more than capable of holding a basic conversation so if anything passing basic chitchat of hi, what's your level etc. is more indicative of a possible bot than not talking at all.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

There is some evidence if you have had highscore tracking running, (although it would be better if the tracker updated every 6 hrs or less) because botting would generally appear to be playing more often instead of at times normal for a player (people who bot tend to leave the bot running when they don't want to play).

However, making up statistics is no good. Please provide tangible evidence. (Innocence until proven guilty.) You can't assume that *everyone* tells the truth, but you also can't assume everyone is lying.

I can't use my runetrack data often for gaining ranks because of bannings, mainly because I tend to gain xp in most skills fairly often, so I don't see the rank gains without the xp gain.

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

If you are metagaming you do not have time to do so. Typing takes precise ticks which impacts on the xp:hr in the long run.

Plus being unsociable is hardly a good measure to go by at all many people be clicking away but watching tv or talking on skype and not paying attention to chat, some will even have chat turned off.

Not talking is the absolutely WORST measure of botting, especially seeing as most bots these days are more than capable of holding a basic conversation so if anything passing basic chitchat of hi, what's your level etc. is more indicative of a possible bot than not talking at all.

I remember when bots used to talk. I would say "Stupid level?" And much to people's bemusement, the air altar became filled with quick-chatted "My Runecrafting level is []." And if you try out some of those AI programmed to hold a conversation, you'll see it's easy to distinguish a difference after a few lines-they tend to say something random or miss anything subtle.

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

I've seen and reported quite a few maxed player boting cooking in the cooking guild... How to tell ? Sometimes their bot messed up and they run next to the range, stay there a while, return bank, repeat. That lasts for a few minutes... Next to keyboard botting i guess. SAD... they could just afk like allmost everybody else.

nasty_jenny.png

Have they increased the chance of a random event? I used to get one about every 500k xp and now I've gotten 6 in 1.2m xp

Wasn't it one in 200k for a fair while now already?

I thought so too. I don't feel it has changed.

Been pking green dragon bots for laughs. It's pretty fun, like hitting a pinata when one drops 10+ green dragonhides and bones. Get it in now before optimus ruins it (and by ruins I mean makes everything better)

witchynosaur.png

Armadyl Drops : 4 Hilts; 3 Chestplates; 2 Chainskirts; 1 Helmet; 1 Buckler; 2 Shard 1; 2 Shard 2; 1 Shard 3

Nex : 1 Zaryte Bow

Kalphite King : 1 Drygore Rapier ; 1 Drygore Longsword : 1 Drygore Offhand Rapier : 1 Drygore Offhand Longsword

Also, note that by banning 100k or whatever number of bots at once, it will have a much more devastating impact, if you will. All of a sudden they go from full steam ahead to no more gp for a while, rather than noting that a few of their bots are starting to get banned and having time to adapt (including transferring off the cash).

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

Im sure theyre will always be high levels who risk botting as long as theres a way but i bet theres many more that dont. I gained a decent chunk of ranks.

keep up the good work Jagex. =D

34zljex.png

Huzzah.png

He might aswell gone f2p ;d

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

Definitely another massban. I went up 5 overall ranks (470-465) and between 10-500 ranks in other skills. Kinda sad how maxed players are still botting/doing other illegal things.

Or maybe the 5 maxed players went F2P.

Was just wondering, where can you view the sort of data displayed in the first post?

Runetracker

Ah so THAT is what people use runetracker for. I always have used the other one (runetrack). Thanks for answering the same question I had. :)

On topic - it's nice to see some (a lot) bots were banned. I still hope for the bigger nukes, though since Optimus is released at this point, I don't know if they'll officially announce them.

alazsig.png