The Evolution of Combat: BETA discussion

Leon S

I don't think it'd be too bad seeing as Jagex have openly said they dislike the idea of consumable ammo and in the future hope to move away from it in both ranged and magic to further equalise comparative running costs of each class. And it's not like they haven't already nuked magic costs with the rune reductions. Heck air staff = air surge sorted; the almost inevitable eventual arrival of the missing 3 combo staves (mist, dust and smoke) would give us 1 slot infinite casts on the other 3 surge spells too.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Has anyone gotten the xp lamp thing from doing the beta tutorial yet?

You mean the xp reward that we were told we would get 'after the 19th'?

No, at 8pm uk time on Sunday the 18th no-one has received the xp reward promised after the 19th.

• Like 1

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

For the reward, is it just to have completed the tutorial, or have attained the 'legend', 'hero' etc ranks at each stage?

It's for completing the survey that only unlocks when you finish the tutorial

• Like 1

Plv6Dz6.jpg

So, did my last testing on the beta and I'm not collecting the last ew things i need.

Runite bolts, unless you tip enchant them, are the same as broad bolts

Royal Bolts are the best by a lot.

Shields are essential for most bossing, Glacors got a hidden fix where theshield can now absorb their area attack, which is great.

I'm byuing a arma buckler with no luck.

Got steads drop in EoC. GF Jagex.

Important EoC Information

Hey guys,

As you no doubt already know, the Evolution of Combat update is due to roll out tomorrow and there is bound to be a huge amount of discussion and questions regarding the update so we felt it was best to arm you all with plenty of information to help aid the community tomorrow!

We expect the update to go live tomorrow morning (GMT).

There will be a few checks occurring upon first log-in following the update and to prevent any issues, the following events will take place:

All poisoned items, like a dragon dagger p++, are converted into their un-poisoned versions, as poisoned weapons no longer exist

Spellboxes (a reward from Dungeoneering) are removed and the player refunded the Dungeoneering tokens they used to purchase them

Players are refunded any Dungeoneering tokens they spent to unlock the Dungeoneering versions of the Piety prayer, as they are now unlocked at the same time as the player gets Piety

Players Prayer Points are fully restored

All worn items are removed and placed in their backpack. If there is no room in their backpack, the items are sent to the bank.

All players (both free and members) get 15 extra bank spaces (to make sure they have room to hold the items un-equipped)

Players are given off-hand versions of any claw weapons they have. The claws they already have become the main-hand versions of the claws. If the player doesn't have any room for the new claws in their backpack and bank, they do not get the extra off-hand claws.

Players disease is cured, as disease has been removed from the game

Players PK skulls are removed, as they have been removed from the game

The player is teleported to a random one of the following locations:

Lumbridge

Varrock (East or West bank)

Edgeville

Draynor

Falador (East or West bank)

Al Kharid

Grand Exchange

The player is given a one-off pop-up telling them combat has been released, that their items were un-equipped and that they have been teleported to a safe town

Recalculate task totals (due to combat-related tasks being affected)

Hopefully this information will help you answer any questions that may arise tomorrow and most importantly I hope you enjoy this incredible step into the future of RuneScape!

If you have any additional questions, feel free to post them below and I'll do my best to get them answered for you!

Thanks,

Mod Mike

The RuneScape Community Team

Bye rs2.

Important EoC Information

Hey guys,

As you no doubt already know, the Evolution of Combat update is due to roll out tomorrow and there is bound to be a huge amount of discussion and questions regarding the update so we felt it was best to arm you all with plenty of information to help aid the community tomorrow!

We expect the update to go live tomorrow morning (GMT).

There will be a few checks occurring upon first log-in following the update and to prevent any issues, the following events will take place:

All poisoned items, like a dragon dagger p++, are converted into their un-poisoned versions, as poisoned weapons no longer exist

Spellboxes (a reward from Dungeoneering) are removed and the player refunded the Dungeoneering tokens they used to purchase them

Players are refunded any Dungeoneering tokens they spent to unlock the Dungeoneering versions of the Piety prayer, as they are now unlocked at the same time as the player gets Piety

Players Prayer Points are fully restored

All worn items are removed and placed in their backpack. If there is no room in their backpack, the items are sent to the bank.

All players (both free and members) get 15 extra bank spaces (to make sure they have room to hold the items un-equipped)

Players are given off-hand versions of any claw weapons they have. The claws they already have become the main-hand versions of the claws. If the player doesn't have any room for the new claws in their backpack and bank, they do not get the extra off-hand claws.

Players disease is cured, as disease has been removed from the game

Players PK skulls are removed, as they have been removed from the game

The player is teleported to a random one of the following locations:

Lumbridge

Varrock (East or West bank)

Edgeville

Draynor

Falador (East or West bank)

Al Kharid

Grand Exchange

The player is given a one-off pop-up telling them combat has been released, that their items were un-equipped and that they have been teleported to a safe town

Recalculate task totals (due to combat-related tasks being affected)

Hopefully this information will help you answer any questions that may arise tomorrow and most importantly I hope you enjoy this incredible step into the future of RuneScape!

If you have any additional questions, feel free to post them below and I'll do my best to get them answered for you!

Thanks,

Mod Mike

The RuneScape Community Team

Bye rs2.

Yawn.

Sylpheed.png

Damn. Now I'll have to get back to Runespan and build up my stockpile of ess again.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Some of us quit as soon as the beta started

99 fletching achieved 09/04/08 99 defence achieved 08/31/09 99 smithing achieved 07/25/10
99 attack achieved 03/11/10 99 constitution achieved 05/14/11
99 strength achieved 06/01/11 99 cooking achieved 01/17/12
99 woodcutting achieved 05/10/12 99 firemaking achieved 05/10/12