The Evolution of Combat: BETA discussion

Leon S

Just took a melee build to Black Dragons. Here's some info.

-Black Dragons are weak to arrows

-They have a combat level of 114

-Overloads now boost your melee stats to 116 and do NO damage to you when you take a sip.

-Tried out all the new Dual wielding and single on them. Although it was incredibly leggy combat seems to be a lot more fluent.

-Dragons still attacked with just melee and Dragonfire.

I spent a lot of time looking at the action bar o see which skill to use but I suppose that's just because I need to learn what skill does what.

There are currently two Constitution specific skills. One restores your Lp and is an ultimate, the other draws agro to you and gives other people buffs.

Sylpheed.png

What's the first pair? Also, Glacors might have new drops added.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

There are currently two Constitution specific skills. One restores your Lp and is an ultimate, the other draws agro to you and gives other people buffs.

Whoa, actual tanking abilities

Lp restore constitution is not an ultimate it is a basic however it can only be used outside of combat and drains you adrenaline to convert it to lp.

There is a defence ultimate that seems to basically do the same job but is an in-combat one.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Apparently it's manual to (un)sheathe weapons when not in combat but I can't figure out how. Anyone else get it?

EDIT: Waaaaay too laggy to figure stuff out, will be back tonight. Oh, and thanks for the info Sy

http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww6/aspeeder/Siggy_zpsewaiux2t.png

99 Strength since 6/02/10 99 Attack since 9/19/10 99 Constitution since 10/03/10 99 Defense since 3/14/11

99 Slayer since 8/30/11 99 Summoning since 9/10/11 99 Ranged since 09/18/11 99 Magic since 11/12/11

99 Prayer since 11/15/11 99 Herblore since 3/29/12 99 Firemaking since 5/15/12 99 Smithing since 10/04/12

99 Crafting since 9/16/13 99 Agility since 9/23/13 99 Dungeoneering since 1/1/14 99 Fishing since 2/4/14

99 Mining since 2/28/14 99 Farming since 6/04/14 99 Cooking since 6/11/14 99 Runecrafting since 10/10/14

9 Fletching since 11/11/14 99 Thieving since 11/14/14 99 Woodcutting since 11/20/14 99 Construction since 12/03/14

99 Divination since 2/22/15 99 Hunter since 2/23/15 99 Invention since 01/20/17 99 Archaeology since 5/14/22
Quest Point Cape since 08/20/09
Maxed since 2/23/15 Fire Cape since 02/27/13
Slayer: 3 Leaf-Bladed Swords, 8 Black Masks, 2 Hexcrests, 26 Granite Mauls, 5 Focus Sights, 32 Abyssal Whips, 9 Dark Bows, 1 Whip Vine, 3 Staffs of Light, 15 Polypore Sticks

Dragon: 9 Draconic Visages, 7 Shield Left Halves, 20 Dragon Boots, 40 Dragon Med Helms, 8 Dragon Platelegs, 6 Dragon Spears, 20 Dragon Daggers, 5 Dragon Plateskirts, 1 Dragon Chainbody, 63 Off-hand Dragon Throwing Axes, 19 Dragon Longswords, 27 Dragon Maces, 1 Dragon Ward
Treasure Trails: Saradomin Full Helm, Ranger Boots, Rune Body (t), Saradomin Vambraces, Various God Pages
Misc:1 Onyx,1 Ahrim's Hood, 1 Guthan's Chainskirt, 1 Demon Slayer Boots

Apparently it's manual to (un)sheathe weapons when not in combat but I can't figure out how. Anyone else get it?

BTS vids said * on num pad, I could not get it to work on my num-pad less mac.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I registered for the beta but didn't get an email? D:

They haven't all been sent yet and just go to the webpage and click play beta you'll soon find out if your allowed in.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Whoa, actual tanking abilities

Lp restore constitution is not an ultimate it is a basic however it can only be used outside of combat and drains you adrenaline to convert it to lp.

There is a defence ultimate that seems to basically do the same job but is an in-combat one.

Oh you're right it is a basic, I must have got the two mixed up.

Sylpheed.png

Meh will try playing on beta again later this week when might not be so laggy.

One thing I noticed that I hope is a bug, everywhere seems to be multicombat, could 2v1 people in wildy.

Check it out, huge amount of effort has gone into this massive mod!

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]

I got my email soon as I came out of the gym. Had a bath, and some food and get on now... Only for it to be too laggy to even bother playing. I make it 2 steps then my character stops, 2 steps stops... Impossible to even try to do anything on there, even on min settings.

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

2672nd person to reach 2496 total.
Thanks to Wicked for the awesome siggy :D

I got my email soon as I came out of the gym. Had a bath, and some food and get on now... Only for it to be too laggy to even bother playing. I make it 2 steps then my character stops, 2 steps stops... Impossible to even try to do anything on there, even on min settings.

Your settings don't matter, it's the server that's being crap

Maybe Jagex made the beta really laggy so people who aren't in it don't feel bad? XD

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png

To be expected there are thousands of players loading the servers (which have to basically load the entire game as if its ur first time playing) plus the extra load from saved data importing and there's only 9 beta worlds. Should calm down in next few hours once the american swarms got their loading done.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Another thing to note, melee shields at least are now the most protective armour pieces in the game in regards to both armour rating and LP boost.

Farseer kiteshield seems to be the best, it has better stats than both DFS and Bandos shield.

Also, Kiln cape now increases your Critical hit chance by 2.4% as opposed to giving a strength bonus.

Sylpheed.png

Your settings don't matter, it's the server that's being crap

Ahha cheers for that clarification Bruno! :) I wonder if there's anyone who's actually managing to not lag... People at duel arena were duelling (or trying to) and I saw Woox challenge a couple of people.

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

2672nd person to reach 2496 total.
Thanks to Wicked for the awesome siggy :D

"RIOT IN W66!!!" (Picture in blog hehe: http://newrscombat.wordpress.com/2012/06/26/riot-w66111shift/)

Bless them.

P.S. Anyone got details for food yet...?

Is this riot about anything in particular or is it just general nerd rage? Lol.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png

All str bonus seems to of become critical hit.

Also saps and leeches have been split there's now one for attack power and one for strength for melee, ranged and mage (plus a def one obv)

Plv6Dz6.jpg

When I log in I get about 5 seconds before everyone's character loads and I'm screwed. I don't even have the time to homeport away to a less crowded area. When I DO homeport, I just dissapear and stay in the same goddamn spot. I might just log into regular Runescape, move over to a quiet location, then re-load that to the beta.

EDIT: YOUR ACCOUNT HAS NOT LOGGED OUT FROM ITS LAST SESSION PLEASE [bleep] [bleep] [bleep] [bleep] [bleep] [bleep] [bleep] AND TRY AGAIN

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

"RIOT IN W66!!!" (Picture in blog hehe: http://newrscombat.wordpress.com/2012/06/26/riot-w66111shift/)

Bless them.

P.S. Anyone got details for food yet...?

Is this riot about anything in particular or is it just general nerd rage? Lol.

It doesn't seem to have any particular focus. It's either people annoyed because they aren't on beta, or pures.

EDIT: Oh, and people who think it's fun to riot xd.

http://newrscombat.wordpress.com/

My blog on the planned changes to the combat system.