The Evolution of Combat: BETA discussion

Leon S

Seems like armor no longer provides any offensive stats... divine and arcane spirit shields have identical stats (though divine still drains prayer)... all 3 DG shields have identical stats as well, and appear to have the best raw stats for all shields in the game.

edit: nvm found that you have to "lock on" to an enemy to see armors offensive stats

77yLQy8.png

Has anyone tried QBD yet? Really interested to see if it is substantially easier/harder. I'd try it myself but I'm about to try TD's.

As I understand it, this boss has been specifically disabled during the beta.

Am I the only one that noticed that going through the magic book has zero combat spells with death or blood runes?

Archermanme.png
Quest Cape Achieved on November 14, 2007

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

Have you checked ancient magiks? Pretty sure some of those spells are still supposed to need deaths and bloods.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

Has anyone tried QBD yet? Really interested to see if it is substantially easier/harder. I'd try it myself but I'm about to try TD's.

As I understand it, this boss has been specifically disabled during the beta.

Ah really? That sucks. As I haven't heard anything about any of the Gwars bosses I'm assuming the whole thing is closed off in the beta at the moment?

Sylpheed.png

Something that's irking me is that every time I take my armor off to put another set on (By using bank all equipped items, or something) I lose my lp boost and then when I put armor back on and all of a sudden I'm still low and I get to eat like 5 rocktails to get back up to full. I hope that in the future if you unequip and re-equip armor in a bank it keeps the percent of life out of your skill rather than just your max (Ie if I'm at 800/990 I'd like to be at ~8/10 full hp when I put on armor, nor 800/9000).

http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww6/aspeeder/Siggy_zpsewaiux2t.png

99 Strength since 6/02/10 99 Attack since 9/19/10 99 Constitution since 10/03/10 99 Defense since 3/14/11

99 Slayer since 8/30/11 99 Summoning since 9/10/11 99 Ranged since 09/18/11 99 Magic since 11/12/11

99 Prayer since 11/15/11 99 Herblore since 3/29/12 99 Firemaking since 5/15/12 99 Smithing since 10/04/12

99 Crafting since 9/16/13 99 Agility since 9/23/13 99 Dungeoneering since 1/1/14 99 Fishing since 2/4/14

99 Mining since 2/28/14 99 Farming since 6/04/14 99 Cooking since 6/11/14 99 Runecrafting since 10/10/14

9 Fletching since 11/11/14 99 Thieving since 11/14/14 99 Woodcutting since 11/20/14 99 Construction since 12/03/14

99 Divination since 2/22/15 99 Hunter since 2/23/15 99 Invention since 01/20/17 99 Archaeology since 5/14/22
Quest Point Cape since 08/20/09
Maxed since 2/23/15 Fire Cape since 02/27/13
Slayer: 3 Leaf-Bladed Swords, 8 Black Masks, 2 Hexcrests, 26 Granite Mauls, 5 Focus Sights, 32 Abyssal Whips, 9 Dark Bows, 1 Whip Vine, 3 Staffs of Light, 15 Polypore Sticks

Dragon: 9 Draconic Visages, 7 Shield Left Halves, 20 Dragon Boots, 40 Dragon Med Helms, 8 Dragon Platelegs, 6 Dragon Spears, 20 Dragon Daggers, 5 Dragon Plateskirts, 1 Dragon Chainbody, 63 Off-hand Dragon Throwing Axes, 19 Dragon Longswords, 27 Dragon Maces, 1 Dragon Ward
Treasure Trails: Saradomin Full Helm, Ranger Boots, Rune Body (t), Saradomin Vambraces, Various God Pages
Misc:1 Onyx,1 Ahrim's Hood, 1 Guthan's Chainskirt, 1 Demon Slayer Boots

Should be fixed by the time the beta is done. Jagex needs to make sure you can't use it to heal. They could easily disable it in a fight, but imagine un-equipping and re-equipping gear to fully heal yourself in between boss spawns...

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png

Overall, I'm pretty disappointed. You can't effectively slay without mashing your keys the whole time.

This is my problem with it as well. You're really forced into spamming abilities. I understand that they're trying to move away from AFKing, but they went too far in the other direction.

Should be fixed by the time the beta is done. Jagex needs to make sure you can't use it to heal. They could easily disable it in a fight, but imagine un-equipping and re-equipping gear to fully heal yourself in between boss spawns...

That's why I said in a bank lol, I figured doing that anywhere would be pretty op, I just don't want to be forced to waste food when I'm nowhere near combat.

http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww6/aspeeder/Siggy_zpsewaiux2t.png

99 Strength since 6/02/10 99 Attack since 9/19/10 99 Constitution since 10/03/10 99 Defense since 3/14/11

99 Slayer since 8/30/11 99 Summoning since 9/10/11 99 Ranged since 09/18/11 99 Magic since 11/12/11

99 Prayer since 11/15/11 99 Herblore since 3/29/12 99 Firemaking since 5/15/12 99 Smithing since 10/04/12

99 Crafting since 9/16/13 99 Agility since 9/23/13 99 Dungeoneering since 1/1/14 99 Fishing since 2/4/14

99 Mining since 2/28/14 99 Farming since 6/04/14 99 Cooking since 6/11/14 99 Runecrafting since 10/10/14

9 Fletching since 11/11/14 99 Thieving since 11/14/14 99 Woodcutting since 11/20/14 99 Construction since 12/03/14

99 Divination since 2/22/15 99 Hunter since 2/23/15 99 Invention since 01/20/17 99 Archaeology since 5/14/22
Quest Point Cape since 08/20/09
Maxed since 2/23/15 Fire Cape since 02/27/13
Slayer: 3 Leaf-Bladed Swords, 8 Black Masks, 2 Hexcrests, 26 Granite Mauls, 5 Focus Sights, 32 Abyssal Whips, 9 Dark Bows, 1 Whip Vine, 3 Staffs of Light, 15 Polypore Sticks

Dragon: 9 Draconic Visages, 7 Shield Left Halves, 20 Dragon Boots, 40 Dragon Med Helms, 8 Dragon Platelegs, 6 Dragon Spears, 20 Dragon Daggers, 5 Dragon Plateskirts, 1 Dragon Chainbody, 63 Off-hand Dragon Throwing Axes, 19 Dragon Longswords, 27 Dragon Maces, 1 Dragon Ward
Treasure Trails: Saradomin Full Helm, Ranger Boots, Rune Body (t), Saradomin Vambraces, Various God Pages
Misc:1 Onyx,1 Ahrim's Hood, 1 Guthan's Chainskirt, 1 Demon Slayer Boots

There is a set time between switching armours. So much for hybriding with quick switches

There is a set time between switching armours. So much for hybriding with quick switches

Wait, what? I mean, I knew armor switching already gave penalties, but a timer on top of that?

Also, yeah, I think being able to swap without health going away at a bank would work. Or it could work how it did in the previous system - I'm pretty sure that in regular RS, if you have full torva and full health, then take off and put Torva back on, you'll still have full health.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png

The new curses interface:

cursesi.png

There are new sap curses for mage strength and range strength in addition to the old ones for attack, and defence has to be sapped separately. There are also sap and leech curses that affect adrenaline, which should be interesting. And of course we new about Anguish and Torment, the range and mage equivalents of Turmoil. The three ultimate curses have a different effect now--they apparently raise your stats by a fixed amount and drain the enemy's stats.

Lunar spells have not had their rune costs rebalanced at all. Borrowed Power still requires astral runes and the stupid necklace, so still worthless.

I tried the basic amulets of Magic, Defence, Strength, and Power, and couldn't see any stats attached to them, so either that's hidden somehow or they have no stats anymore or I'm doing something wrong. Anyone else have any luck there?

Fight caves is interesting.

Jad has no weakness and can hit in the 4000's

The 90s are weak to slash

The 360s are weak to arrows.

The rest are weak to water mage.

I got all the way to jad on 1 brew, no prayer, no hide with ice barrage in virtus.

180s seem to the be the biggest hurt, followed by 90s.

360s barely touched me.

22s prayer effect is much weaker (only lost like 30 or so prayer total and that was with them hitting me for a bit sometimes).

Did use the high lvl def healing ability a fair bit though.

Asphyxiate seems to be god in there, like 8/10 times it will 1 hit (or near 1 hit) a 360 and 8/10 it'll take atleast 3/4 off 90s and 180s.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

New rune costs for the standard spellbook:

•  
  • Strike spells cost 1 air + 1 of the element (just 1 air for air strike). Wind rush has been removed. Also, it's "Air" now instead of "Wind".
  • Each tier of elemental spell costs 1 extra rune of each type, so bolt is 2, blast is 3, wave is 4, surge is 5.
  • Confuse: 1 mind
  • Weaken: 1 body
  • Curse: 1 chaos
  • Bind: 1 nature
  • Slayer dart: 3 air, 1 death
  • Snare: 2 nature
  • Vulnerability: 1 chaos 1 soul
  • Enfeeble: 1 body 1 soul
  • Entangle: 3 nature
  • Stagger: 1 mind 1 soul
  • There is a new spell "Divine Storm" at 60 magic, costing 5 air runes. It has an animation similar to Storm of Armadyl.
  • Saradomin Strike, Flames of Zamorak, Claws of Guthix, and Charge are all gone. I can't find them in the book even with my Void Mace equipped. I assume Divine Storm is the replacement. (Storm of Armadyl still exists.)
  • Noncombat spells are unchanged.

Overall, I'm pretty disappointed. You can't effectively slay without mashing your keys the whole time.

This is my problem with it as well. You're really forced into spamming abilities. I understand that they're trying to move away from AFKing, but they went too far in the other direction.

Agreed, although im hoping this is something they'll be willing to change. All they really need to do is buff the effectiveness of normal combat and increase the cool down times of some of the abilities and make them slightly stronger.

Sylpheed.png