The Evolution of Combat: BETA discussion

Leon S

Is it possibly to import your character and then also play as a level 4 again?

They said there would be a button to wipe your beta account to lvl 1s (so 4 cmb) but it doesn't seem to be online yet. I should think for now they are hoping we will test high end gear then after we start to get bored they'll turn it on so we can test low end stuff properly.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Having a look over gwd stuff:

K'ril is level 170, killcount can still be had on level 8 imps, and he's weak to fire spells.

Grarr is level 170, kc goblins are now level 120 with LOTS of lp so I gave up on that :P

Blood spells work for glacors now due to their type alignment, however the only thing that's changed for glacors is their LP, so I assume they're broken. You can just sit there with SS on and tank their incredibly low hits :P

As for corp, gano doesnt seem to be an option anymore since using magic armour/ranged armour with a zs will give a large penalty to hit chance. Not really sure about other mechanics of the boss, he seems to drain all your prayer if you try to use it.

safersbanner.png

Play Safe! smile.gif - Got useful information for the tip.it website? Post here!

K'ril is level 170, killcount can still be had on level 8 imps, and he's weak to fire spells.

Grarr is level 170, kc goblins are now level 120 with LOTS of lp so I gave up on that :P

Blood spells work for glacors now due to their type alignment, however the only thing that's changed for glacors is their LP, so I assume they're broken. You can just sit there with SS on and tank their incredibly low hits :P

As for corp, gano doesnt seem to be an option anymore since using magic armour/ranged armour with a zs will give a large penalty to hit chance. Not really sure about other mechanics of the boss, he seems to drain all your prayer if you try to use it.

I tried royal d'hide and I dont seem to get any penalty

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

I'm not sure why everyone is grumbling. Runescape had the worst combat system. Click on an enemy and wait for it to die. That's boring as nothing else. This at least adds a bit of dynamics.

Untitled.png

My heart is broken by the terrible loss I have sustained in my old friends and companions and my poor soldiers. Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won. -Sir Arthur Wellesley

I'm not sure why everyone is grumbling. Runescape had the worst combat system. Click on an enemy and wait for it to die. That's boring as nothing else. This at least adds a bit of dynamics.

That's what I like about it. I understand it's extremely dated but the one thing I've always liked about this game is it's simplicity. Ohwell might just be a steep learning curve until I've got my head round it.

Avid43.png

Well... this is hilarious:

screenshot1511.png

Kree is just as easy as before, in that you'll run out of prayer before you run out of food. With Steel Titan/Ovl/Range Curse, I got the KC in in 9mins 30. Could have done it faster if I'd prioritised my thresholds better and was generally just more familiar with ranged (although I've used it quite a bit now,) but I can't imagine it getting more than a couple of minutes faster.

(EDIT: Yes I added preparation to the bar after this kill.)

EDIT EDIT: Also, more relevantly, it's easy to switch from shield to double ccbow and back. There's a 2-3 second ban on using specs after switching, but nothing major, and definitely nothing that's going to stop me using Unload lmao. (Hits 4x5000 on Kree, which with SS is crazy dps + insta full health.) Also you can now kill Kree fairly easily without prayer (I ate just one Manta Ray.)

tifsiggy.jpg

Thanks to Quarra for the awesome sig!

Xbox360 Gamertag = Tintin113

For those who don't like using number keys, you can just double click the ability on your hotbar. I feel like I'm playing a Runescape version of Street Figher/Tekken/Mortal Kombat and Gaaia Online.

Waterfiends are now weak to bolts, unless they change it crush weapons won't cut it at them any more. (With goliath gloves and turmoil was hitting max of 100)

Range/Mage stuns are broken by using the Barge (you run like the Flash and hit the person for 300% weapon damage or stun) ability, assuming this is a glitch otherwise mage/range are basically screwed again. :P

65495229.png

With love to one, friendship to many, and good will to all.

Yeahs.... Zam is way too easy now... Protection prayers don't even seem to matter at all. He also doesn't do his Yaaarrr anymore and keeps swapping targets. Damage gets spread out, but, with the abilities it means you kill him so fast. I managed to survive on just rejuvinate and regenerate... Didn't touch a brew or uni spec whilst we were there.

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

2672nd person to reach 2496 total.
Thanks to Wicked for the awesome siggy :D

I have noticed that deflect curses arent working properly.

I still get hit through it. I most notably noticed this @ fight caves...

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

You've never done any high-end combat if you think that. Seriously, if you were even the least bit efficient+high level you'd be losslessly looting while luring into the cannon while directing your familiar (either yakking loot or attacking stuff) while keeping an eye on prayer, hp (ss flash), cannon having enough ammo, special attacks... just because the current system is able to be very afk, doesn't mean it's not possible to have high apm/difficult combat.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

I have noticed that deflect curses arent working properly.

I still get hit through it. I most notably noticed this @ fight caves...

It seems somewhat intentional.

Also, mages in dungeons can still stun you through prayers it seems.

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

2672nd person to reach 2496 total.
Thanks to Wicked for the awesome siggy :D

With the imports, are you fixed with your characters stats and items only or just stats and all items (to a degree) access.

Your stats. You can use items in your possession (read: bank) with no result on your "real time" account. You can obtain gear from the guys in lumby (pretty much all armours). As to whether you can wield without the levels, someone else will have to answer that.

[bleep] OFF HOW ARE U SO [bleep]ING LUCKY U PIECE OF [bleep]ING SHIT [bleep] [bleep] [wagon] MUNCHER

I hope they tweak slayer tasks. I did two tasks, and both monsters were 30 levels under my combat level. I only got slayer exp, no combat. :thumbdown:

try to achieve your dreams because one day you might forget how to dream!

Protect prayers don't seem to protect 100% against monsters. I'd imagine they reduce damage, but I have yet to find out how to prove this.

Piety also seems to be draining my prayer quite a bit slower. On the other hand, I heard turmoil is draining prayer very fast. I don't have 95 prayer myself, but I would understand why this is true. More powerful prayers (curses) should drain prayer points faster.

Prayer flashing is practically useless now. I'm not sure if it works in the first place, but even if it did, you're hitting so often with abilities, you practically need prayer active every damn tick.

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

pretext: I had posted this as a new topic in rants, but now I see it seems to belong here - although I feel like its pushing our discontent to a margin, I can also see how discontent over the EoC Beta could spill uselessly for infinite number of pages. I don't see the 'new thread' I started now either, but I was able to use my history to find/copy/paste what I had written. Sorry if it seems non-sequitur.

---original thing I had posted separately---

I watched tons of live vidding from EOC Beta testers who draw pay from ads at youtube for doing it who don't seem to know they'd get more money actually beta testing for Jagex, but then... ha ha ha... that'd mean Jagex leaves the business incubator and hires a whole bunch of customer support personnel... and why would they give up their cafeteria!? lol!

I think most will whine and whimper that claws changed, godswords changed, or that divine/elysian no longer reduces damage.

I do not care. Those are pvp concerns. They will get fixed. The reason they will get fixed is that jagex employees do not play as much of this game as we do. They might log in, walk by edgeville bank to announce some innocuous crap, and they'll never decide "oh hey maybe I should go talk to some slayers fighting cave horrors." Never going to happen.

I think a couple sucker punches are coming our way.

I think pernix boots, armadyl buckler, etc are going to be SoF rewards.

I don't think prayer bonus is simply nerfed for EoC Beta. I think they mean to leave it nerfed because they've never spent six hours in a day on slayer task and been forced to keep count of their kills/hours. The gall to ask slayers to absorb hits from dark beasts that pierce through prayer? Wow really!? This game will start coming with manual save files and loading like a console game!? This isn't an online game anymore subject to acts of god!? Nice going jigglyplex!

Guess they forgot ALL about the PRAYER level requirements of Spirit Shields! GRR!

I am insanely angry that the full vanguard I collected for my range tab is now melee gear. WTF!? If I had known I would've collected trickster. Damn it!

For those who don't like using number keys, you can just double click the ability on your hotbar. I feel like I'm playing a Runescape version of Street Figher/Tekken/Mortal Kombat and Gaaia Online.

Waterfiends are now weak to bolts, unless they change it crush weapons won't cut it at them any more. (With goliath gloves and turmoil was hitting max of 100)

Range/Mage stuns are broken by using the Barge (you run like the Flash and hit the person for 300% weapon damage or stun) ability, assuming this is a glitch otherwise mage/range are basically screwed again. :P

Do goliaths gloves still work in the beta tho? As in, do they still count as powerful crush weapon? What, if any abilities can you use with them?

@ Above: you have no reason to think pernix boots, armadyl buckler, etc, will be SoF reward. I mean, maybe they'll be available there like quite a bit of other high level gear, but it won't be the only source.

Basically, you sound like that you're (at best) indifferent to pvp. Most of your anger seems to be that you think Jagex will screw over slayer with this update. Keep in mind what SS with the ults can do, not to mention that you can probably last in a lot of places indefinitely with a shield ult. It really seems to early to say, especially since this IS a beta, something I don't think a lot of players remember lol.

Also, spirit shields are being redone. Depending on what they do with them, removing prayer reqs could make sense.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

Has anyone seen an official comment saying the herblore level required for overloads ia staying?

Archermanme.png
Quest Cape Achieved on November 14, 2007

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

Sorry for the nub question, but where are people getting these rares from in the Beta?

You can drop them or give them to someone, re import your save that has rares again, so you essentially copied them.

jpegsigtest.jpg

So are mage and ranged actually viable alternatives to melee combat now? And is mage combat a viable training method compared to alching/superheat/string/etc.?

-mage is pretty strong now best coupled with barrages,fire surge, or storm or armadyl and it kills meleers pretty efficiently, range destroys mages and it acutally decent against melee (when theyre dual wielding instead of using a shield).

-mage combat seems to be getting faster and cheaper ( fire surge only uses fire and air runes) but i am not sure how the xp works in this beta or how it will work when it is released so thats not for sure.

My biggest thing about beta is, godswords are almost useless along with claws. and dungeoneering seems to take a solid amount longer and youll need to smith armour to survive now.

also so far in beta what is the best dual wield? cls's, rapiers, or some mixture of them?

"Happiness depends more on the inward disposition of mind than on outward circumstances."

Benjamin Franklin

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Albert Einstein

G%20I%20Jackass.png

G_I_Jackass.png