The Evolution of Combat: BETA discussion

Leon S

Actually, we probably stand to have some inflation as it stands now since the plummeting prices have vaporized billions of gp out of the game, at least until prices go back up.

Can you clarify your point? Money only ever circulates the game regardless of inflation or deflation. The only ways it can leave the game are through things like dropping it or paying various NPC's.

Sylpheed.png

Hope they make it so you don't have to click on an ability 3000 times in order to use it.

Ability queue would be nice... with one ability waiting outside of combat. I suppose they could put a distinguishable number slot in the upper left hand corner of each action on the bar to signify ability queue if in multiples or a gold star if singular? I think queuing up to 1 ability like magic spells would actually be more functional than multiples with runescapes combat system. I can't tell you how annoying it is to start attacking something and just let my first hit be a regular hit.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Urgh anyone caught gambling in beta should have their access revoked.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

So I just did a quick trip of Barrows as I haven't seen anyone talk about it yet. Unsurprisingly, every single Brother has a different weakness.

Dharok is weak to Fire

Verac is weak to Earth

Torag is weak to Water

Guthan is weak to Air

Karil is weak to Stab

Ahrim is weak to Arrows

Akrisae is weak to Bolts

A couple of things to note:

-Just like a lot of people have said about various enemies, ALL of the Brothers can hit through prayer which makes Verac's special pointless among other things.

-I only took Virtus with Fire wave and Torva with dual rapiers. Killing Dharok first with his weakness, praying deflect melee and anguish, I came out with less than 3k LP from like 9k.

-Managed to kill all the brothers weak to the other elements with just fire but I did noticeably less damage.

-Barrows wasn't difficult, but it certainly made me use a lot more supplies than usual.

I really hope Jagex isn't expecting us to carry SEVEN different attack styles to Barrows. It's just ridiculous as to how every single monster only has one weakness. If Ahrim and Akrisae are weak to arrows and bolts, they should also be weak to stab. As much as I like the new system it just feels like Jagex have taken one step forward and two steps back. But, this is a Beta after all so I'm not too concerned at the moment.

Sylpheed.png

Urgh anyone caught gambling in beta should have their access revoked.

Agreed, I actually wanted beta access to like..beta test the new combat update, not gamble cash that won't be there by September :/ some players are true morons..

Quest Cape Achieved 10/08/2012

TFU: Ruinous Edge

TFUsig2_zpsc5e7f1a4.png

A piece of glass in the sand under your feet, it cuts you deep and it makes you hate the beauty that you see.

So I just did a quick trip of Barrows as I haven't seen anyone talk about it yet. Unsurprisingly, every single Brother has a different weakness.

Dharok is weak to Fire

Verac is weak to Earth

Torag is weak to Water

Guthan is weak to Air

Karil is weak to Stab

Ahrim is weak to Arrows

Akrisae is weak to Bolts

-Just like a lot of people have said about various enemies, ALL of the Brothers can hit through prayer which makes Verac's special pointless among other things.

-I only took Virtus with Fire wave and Torva with dual rapiers. Killing Dharok first with his weakness, praying deflect melee and anguish, I came out with less than 3k LP from like 9k.

-Managed to kill all the brothers weak to the other elements with just fire but I did noticeably less damage.

-Barrows wasn't difficult, but it certainly made me use a lot more supplies than usual.

I really hope Jagex isn't expecting us to carry SEVEN different attack styles to Barrows. It's just ridiculous as to how every single monster only has one weakness. If Ahrim and Akrisae are weak to arrows and bolts, they should also be weak to stab. As much as I like the new system it just feels like Jagex have taken one step forward and two steps back. But, this is a Beta after all so I'm not too concerned at the moment.

I'm sure certain bosses and places will get tweaked. Do weaknesses really make a big deal?

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Dharok is weak to Fire

Verac is weak to Earth

Torag is weak to Water

Guthan is weak to Air

Karil is weak to Stab

Ahrim is weak to Arrows

Akrisae is weak to Bolts

I'm sure certain bosses and places will get tweaked. Do weaknesses really make a big deal?

It does. For example the 90's in fight cave:

I'm maging the fight caves with Ice blitz... 95% of the time I miss @ the 90's.... Even the ability's miss.

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

Actually, we probably stand to have some inflation as it stands now since the plummeting prices have vaporized billions of gp out of the game, at least until prices go back up.

Can you clarify your point? Money only ever circulates the game regardless of inflation or deflation. The only ways it can leave the game are through things like dropping it or paying various NPC's.

Not to mention that inflation is a situation where there is so much money that prices must rise to reflect the diminishing value of the money. If money is being "vaporized," prices would actually fall.

Unless this is the kiddie excuse of inflation as a way to gouge prices.

Untitled.png

My heart is broken by the terrible loss I have sustained in my old friends and companions and my poor soldiers. Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won. -Sir Arthur Wellesley

I've never done nex before, but I decided to solo her in beta. Has anyone gotten past the blood stage? If so, how? That [bleep] seems to love activating siphon as soon as I use a threshold or ultimate ability...

They most certainly matter. I was going to do Arma GWD. I took full arma, dual wielded rune crossbows with mith bolts (you know, armor I could get if this were the real game, not pernix nor horribly expensive bolts). Aviansie are weak to air spells now and getting the kc alone took all of my food (you only need 10 now). I came back, this time with wind surge, and got my kill count only using one piece of food. Weaknesses matter quite a bit.

Trying is just the first step in failure.

Fire_God.png

I've never done nex before, but I decided to solo her in beta. Has anyone gotten past the blood stage? If so, how? That [bleep] seems to love activating siphon as soon as I use a threshold or ultimate ability...

She heals far too much, almost managed to Quad her, but got hit for a 5.9k from ice prison, and RIP :lol:

As for duo, you can't out dps the insane healing she does. :sad:

Not trioed yet, that might work. 24k lp/phase, 3 people doing 9k damage... Only just. :lol:

You can 1hit phases with the Unload ability with 4 people, get adren back on minions, repeat. :lol:

Tip for the siphon, it happens a few hits after the blood sacrifice attack. :)

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

She heals far too much, almost managed to Quad her, but got hit for a 5.9k from ice prison, and RIP :lol:

As for duo, you can't out dps the insane healing she does. :sad:

Not trioed yet, that might work. 24k lp/phase, 3 people doing 9k damage... Only just. :lol:

You can 1hit phases with the Unload ability with 4 people, get adren back on minions, repeat. :lol:

Tip for the siphon, it happens a few hits after the blood sacrifice attack. :)

The problem we had is that the stupid autoretaliate kept locking us back on to Nex and we just kept feeding the siphon :\ She got back to full LP on blood phase lol.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

So it might be possible to duo? She seemed to be healing a ton without siphons...

Never got to see her weakness. :wall:

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

So it might be possible to duo? She seemed to be healing a ton without siphons...

Nex has no weakness. :P

Guessing she's healing a lot more from siphons because the reavers too have much more LP, but we were really feeding it today.

EDIT:

Spirit shields go

[qfc]299-300-997-63834051[/qfc]

One of his posts also mentions adrenaline pots being nerfed to 25%, ooh.

Also Chris L's post in this thread provides a fair bit of beta info, the most important looking being the return of prayer bonus! :thumbsup:

[qfc]300-301-351-63832977[/qfc], page 2.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

When corporeal beast "drains your prayer slightly" it took of 870 friggin' prayer points. On the other hand, in barrows, the prayer drain effect only saps ONE prayer point at a time. I don't understand what even this going on is...

OH! I had a great idea! Someone should try out the penance aura! 50 bucks says Jagex didn't alter the prayer restore rate properly.

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

For the people saying 'it might be possible to duo Nex... maybe?' here's a 4 minute 12 second Nex Duo from Smokey and Dardan ;)

I like how they managed to get their Adrenaline to 100% out of combat before the kill by using a combo of Anticipation/Preparation/Resonance.

Also I don't know if Steel Titans working at Nex is deliberate or not, but there was a JMod watching them and he didn't say that was a glitch so that could be very useful in future!

tifsiggy.jpg

Thanks to Quarra for the awesome sig!

Xbox360 Gamertag = Tintin113

I know mage is pretty popular in the current combat system, but it seems to involve a lot of fast pace, accurate clicking, which I suck at. Therefore, I basically never use mage for anything.

Does the action bar cut down on any of the clicking one might have to do to be effective at maging? In other words, is it any easier?

note: sorry if i sound like such a huge noob, I got most of my combat levels 5+ years ago when there was basically no uncertainty about what the best equipment was.

Steviej.png

My account spent most of the last 10 months "locked"

Nex has no weakness. :P

Guessing she's healing a lot more from siphons because the reavers too have much more LP, but we were really feeding it today.

EDIT:

Spirit shields go

[qfc]299-300-997-63834051[/qfc]

One of his posts also mentions adrenaline pots being nerfed to 25%, ooh.

Also Chris L's post in this thread provides a fair bit of beta info, the most important looking being the return of prayer bonus! :thumbsup:

[qfc]300-301-351-63832977[/qfc], page 2.

broken thread/not working for me for some reason.

What do the threads say?

Check it out, huge amount of effort has gone into this massive mod!

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]

broken thread/not working for me for some reason.

What do the threads say?

They're in the beta forums so you need to be logged in and have access to the beta to see them. The first explains spirit shields' effects and the second has a post by Mod Chris L talking about a number of things.