The Evolution of Combat: BETA discussion

Leon S

Update @ 15:42

Testing is now complete, we are preparing to update the main web site. We estimate this to happen within the hour.

Beta Emails have *not* been sent out yet.

Good lord, hurry up Jagex. =P~

edit: Wow, double ninja'd. :wall:

siggy.png

Quest cape first achieved September 20, 2010

534/534 Tasks completed. Taskmaster first achieved June 23, 2012

30 min update warning ingame! :thumbsup:

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

Update @ 15:42

Testing is now complete, we are preparing to update the main web site. We estimate this to happen within the hour.

Beta Emails have *not* been sent out yet.

Good lord, hurry up Jagex. =P~

edit: Wow, double ninja'd. :wall:

Double ninja'd all away across the sky!

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Make me wait 4 and a half hours then release update when I'm eating dinner.

Thanks Jagex, epic timing as always. -.-

Eat at the computer, problem solved.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Went to bed at 5am, woke up at 7am for update. Idle in game and browse media outlets regarding update for 4 hours. Watch now i'll fall asleep at the desk before I can even get in...

patr1ckotg1.png

:333 someone hug me

:>>>>

Didn't expect them to have a game update for it though.

They have to add new servers to the game lobby I guess, and they need to put in their weekly bug-fixes anyway :)

tifsiggy.jpg

Thanks to Quarra for the awesome sig!

Xbox360 Gamertag = Tintin113

At a guess I'd say it's back end code required for the main game to differentiate our 2 save files (live and beta) and possibly also something to do with allowing beta reset button that allows us to re-sync to what our live account is at to work.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

They are creating mirrors of everyone's account on the beta servers, and in order to do this everyone must be knocked off the main servers.

patr1ckotg1.png

They are creating mirrors of everyone's account on the beta servers, and in order to do this everyone must be knocked off the main servers.

Contradicts what we've been told which is your account will be cloned when you log in to the beta, also pointless in terms of server workload as cloning as each new beta user logs in means the cloning process is spread out and less likely to cause lag/issues within various systems.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Went to bed at 5am, woke up at 7am for update. Idle in game and browse media outlets regarding update for 4 hours. Watch now i'll fall asleep at the desk before I can even get in...

I love living in a timezone where the updates usually come out within an hour of the time I usually wake up... :razz:

Contradicts what we've been told which is your account will be cloned when you log in to the beta.

How? Re-read what I said...They can't mirror (clone) an account that is still logged into the main server.

patr1ckotg1.png

I love living in a timezone where the updates usually come out within an hour of the time I usually wake up... :razz:

And I love living in a timezone where the updates usually comes out just when I am done with university or work for the day :)

(Sweden is +1 hour from England)

EDIT: HERE WE GO!!!

9:30 to go!

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

@Patr1ck Yes but we have been told the accounts will be cloned WHEN we log in and as you cannot dual log anyway there is no issue with us being on the main game when our account gets cloned.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

-hugs-

Contradicts what we've been told which is your account will be cloned when you log in to the beta, also pointless in terms of server workload as cloning as each new beta user logs in means the cloning process is spread out and less likely to cause lag/issues within various systems.

Maybe this clone system needs a system update to work, lol.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

@Patr1ck Yes but we have been told the accounts will be cloned WHEN we log in and as you cannot dual log anyway there is no issue with us being on the main game when our account gets cloned.

I was under the impression that they will mirror all accounts at once, and than individually you will later have the option to update your mirror. This way is much mroe streamlined and efficient than upon logging in.

patr1ckotg1.png

I was under the impression that they will mirror all accounts at once, and than individually you will later have the option to update your mirror. This way is much mroe streamlined and efficient than upon logging in.

They specifically said your account will be cloned when you log in to the beta, that was one of the first details announced about how the beta servers will work. It's only this week we got the info about the mirror updating reset and reset to lvl 1 functions.

This way is more efficient as it spreads the server load out rather than trying to do all 100k odd at once thus helping to avoid any issues with various server systems lagging or being overloaded.

Plv6Dz6.jpg