The Evolution of Combat: BETA discussion

Leon S

I would put granite on the same level as rune. It'd just be a better member's version.

On another note if your say 90 def like I am and train in dragon for example will your LP boost be reduced, I mean what armour is there to use non-degradable at 90 defense maximise your LP boost?

You've put my fear into words.

That is my main fear, I exclusively train in bandos armour, and am nearly 91 def now, I can't afford armour such as torva etc. so my LP boost will suffer because I don't have the amount of cash needed to own/upkeep torva, which is unfair

Quest Cape Achieved 10/08/2012

TFU: Ruinous Edge

TFUsig2_zpsc5e7f1a4.png

A piece of glass in the sand under your feet, it cuts you deep and it makes you hate the beauty that you see.

I would put granite on the same level as rune. It'd just be a better member's version.

On another note if your say 90 def like I am and train in dragon for example will your LP boost be reduced, I mean what armour is there to use non-degradable at 90 defense maximise your LP boost?

That is my main fear, I exclusively train in bandos armour, and am nearly 91 def now, I can't afford armour such as torva etc. so my LP boost will suffer because I don't have the amount of cash needed to own/upkeep torva, which is unfair

I highly doubt (even with the EoC update) we'll get to a point where maximum lifepoints/defence are required for training. I assume bosses will be balanced to take the bandos/armadyl lifepoints boost as "standard" for the current system with nex gear just being a bit nicer, as it is currently.

safersbanner.png

Play Safe! smile.gif - Got useful information for the tip.it website? Post here!

If you train on dragons for example, then where do you need lifepoint boosts in the first place? Secondly bandos is on the higher end of armours, and should receive fair lifepoint boost (or offense boost) for armour pieces.

Secondly, what point would there be in buying higher level armours if lower level armours would give same lifepoint bonuses in the first place? It's not like only few people could get the better items. Everyone can, if you just work for them. I don't really like the attitude that everyone needs to have best items possible, and if getting them requires some work, it's unfair that others have them. Having better items for higher levels gives people goals to aim for, and a real reason to actually get them to improve their abilities.

Anyways, if you're training in bandos, I wouldn't be worrying too much. Besides, there are no contents in this game that really require nex armours or divines/elysians to complete. They just make things easier, which (by my opinion) they also should. With such pricetags.

u5zhkTY.gif

I smell an oversight, but I think people are going to make a mound out of a mole hill from this if you can't punch with both hands... A rather idiotic thing to argue about.

It may be useful if you consider goliath gloves.

I suspect that if it's enabled, it will ONLY be enabled for goliaths.

As for needing armour, keep in mind that barrows is relatively cheap. Not only that, but the barrows mini-game itself is very accessible content, meaning loads of players could flock there if the prices started going up, and you don't compete for kills there. Therefore, barrows realistically won't rise a whole lot.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

If you train on dragons for example, then where do you need lifepoint boosts in the first place?

This is a stupid thing to say. Yes it's valid for the CURRENT system but in the new system ALL armours give some degree of lifepoint boost so it's a pretty safe bet that monsters will be hitting harder and that, to an extent, lifepoint boosts will be somewhat neccessary for most creatures. They aren't going to let us get up to 15,000 lp but leave most monsters hitting like 150 region at best. The damage we face is obviously going to be scaled to match our new defensive power.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I wonder if high level defense will be ruined by the fact that high defense level armor has massive costs and hteres penalties for not using the best armor.

this, i have a feeling pures will simply train to the highest defence level free armor is obtained at, then stop. However high risking mains will still be competitive and may have an advantage.

Personally i hate gear based pvp.

yaay_1_def.png

siggy2.png

Jagex could move goliaths into the weapon slot (think claws) and just disable the use of gloves with them. They could be split into right and left goliaths too, so you can dual wield or use a shield.

Jagex could move goliaths into the weapon slot (think claws) and just disable the use of gloves with them. They could be split into right and left goliaths too, so you can dual wield or use a shield.

What about people who use them for slayer/Nex as a glove and not a primary weapon? (Of course, this could change with more glove pieces coming out)

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

What about people who use them for slayer/Nex as a glove and not a primary weapon? (Of course, this could change with more glove pieces coming out)

I don't really see that as an issue because they're not significantly better than barrows gloves. I'd rather see them add gloves to fill in the 80-99 gap.

I wonder if high level defense will be ruined by the fact that high defense level armor has massive costs and hteres penalties for not using the best armor.

this, i have a feeling pures will simply train to the highest defence level free armor is obtained at, then stop. However high risking mains will still be competitive and may have an advantage.

Personally i hate gear based pvp.

well in games where you lose your gear on death it doesn't make sense without good welfare gear

Just to clarify I wasn't whining and being like 'omg give me torva now!!' As long as Jagex recognize that not all players can afford such prestigious armours such as Nex gear, and accept the 'norm' for LP as under 15k, i.e Dragon/barrows/bandos LP boost level, then I'm fine with my bandos/dfs etc. My only fear is Jagex making bosses impossible or near impossible to fight unless your at 15k LP etc.

Quest Cape Achieved 10/08/2012

TFU: Ruinous Edge

TFUsig2_zpsc5e7f1a4.png

A piece of glass in the sand under your feet, it cuts you deep and it makes you hate the beauty that you see.

I believe they'll make the game accessible at non-nex gears. It doesn't make sense to alienate so many players. Anyways we have a good 2 months of beta to discover and complain about things.

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

I think the 'average' user is more likely to be taken as barrows rather than Bandos. Sure Bandos etc. isn't as much as the very top end but it's still a level most have to work towards depending on money making skills. I mean I only managed to get bandos and armadyl recently myself and that is with lucky armadyl chestplate saving me like 10m(?)

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I agree. The difference is that a lot more people have bandos. I want barrows and bandos to both be "good enough". Some people would say that you simply don't know how to play if you can't figure out how to save for bandos. But I believe that people misunderstand that it takes money to make money. The more money you have access to, the faster you can train and discover how to make more of it.

Serena_Sedai.png

I think that if people can use ovls in the wild, then something like making extreme potions tradeable will occur.

Why though? I think Jagex made the mistake of pandering to complainers by removing them from the wild. Anyone that has trained thier herblore in order to be able to make those extereme pots should be able to use them in pvp to gain advantage. Dont like it?... train herblore.

Overloads are game breaking in pvp, im glad they aren't allowed.

So is prayer and summoning, and yet they'll be in the new PvP also.

nukemarine.png

Learn how to Learn Japanese on your own - Nukemarine's Suggested Guide for Beginners in Japanese
Stop Forgetting Stuff for College and Life - Anki - a program which makes remembering things easy
Reach Elite Fitness - CrossFit

The argument against overloads and extremes was that you couldn't tell whether your opponent was using them unless you saw the overload damage. I think the new interface changes that as you will be able to see what buffs/debuffs are on your opponents. Hence they are being allowed into the combat.

Also, They are claiming that abilities are a huge portion of combat now, so overloads, prayer, summoning help but don't have as big an impact as before.

Serena_Sedai.png

I hope that getting 95 prayer right before this update will have prove worth it :P

That is to say, I hope I won't regret having spent money on 95 prayer as opposed to saving for better gear.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

Also, They are claiming that abilities are a huge portion of combat now, so overloads, prayer, summoning help but don't have as big an impact as before.

Did they claim they won't help as much or is that your conclusion? Summoning is pretty much confirmed, but the rest?

Some of the ultimates do damage based on your opponent's health (40% max health damage etc.) so turmoil won't help there damage-wise but ss should, in principle, and perhaps accuracy will still matter. I imagine few attacks will be 100% accurate, so turmoil and potions should help a ton there with the increased defence.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Did they claim they won't help as much or is that your conclusion? Summoning is pretty much confirmed, but the rest?

Some of the ultimates do damage based on your opponent's health (40% max health damage etc.) so turmoil won't help there damage-wise but ss should, in principle, and perhaps accuracy will still matter. I imagine few attacks will be 100% accurate, so turmoil and potions should help a ton there with the increased defence.

It was confirmed that the relative amount that summoning and prayer improve your combat abilities will be reduced in the new system.

[qfc]296-297-805-63808234[/qfc]

So really it's only a confirmation on const whereas prayer and summoning are kinda hand-wavey type responses. In another post they mention that all potions have been rebalanced (even to the point where you can bring ovls into the wildy :twisted: )

[qfc]296-297-805-63808234[/qfc]

That post actually says

"While Prayer does make a big difference to the outcome of a fight, [...] Prayer was dropped from the formula.

In regards to Summoning and Constitution, while again they do make a difference, in the new system they don't make enough of a difference to warrant a place in the new formula."

No reference to prayer actually being less useful, or changed at all really.

Edit: Sinkhan ninja edit :(.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted