The Evolution of Combat: BETA discussion

Leon S

two handed weapons are going to need buffing up alot to be able to compete with say a rapier and CLS combo, or a polypore + SOA, Oh lawd, Imagine polypore and SOA or two SOA...

Polypore and I assume ABS are 2 handed weapons after the update :)

Maybe using two weapons is slightly slower than using one? I.e a 4 tick wep reduces to 5 overall or something. Who knows I guess, hopefully 2h weps will get some serious stats/abilities in comparison.

safersbanner.png

Play Safe! smile.gif - Got useful information for the tip.it website? Post here!

two handed weapons are going to need buffing up alot to be able to compete with say a rapier and CLS combo, or a polypore + SOA, Oh lawd, Imagine polypore and SOA or two SOA...

Polypore and I assume ABS are 2 handed weapons after the update :)

Maybe using two weapons is slightly slower than using one? I.e a 4 tick wep reduces to 5 overall or something. Who knows I guess, hopefully 2h weps will get some serious stats/abilities in comparison.

I think two weapons actually launches two attacks. Where one of those attacks is at reduced power. 2handed attacks get additional power, (in addition to the already increased stats)

I am hoping the base formulas are changed up a bit (so that ranged weapons actually increase power, vs not just the ammo)

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

Staffs are two handed, so no dual poly pore or SOA.

Not sure how dual chaotics will compare to chaotic maul tho. Jagex has said that they plan to make 2H weapons worth it tho. I'm expecting/hoping 2h weapons will end up like the prom 2h in DG - rapier (one handed fast melee weapon) gives faster DPS (afaik), but certain monsters simply have much too high def for rapier.

Also, if I can get the money, I'm buying BGS before the beta. But I have 200k left from buying bones for 95 prayer. So.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

Not looking forward to slaying in the gale dungeon >.<

The spells should be the same as they are. It's easy to work out which one is which.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

People pointed out how Nex will be yelling really silly things

Darken my rock!

Fear the rock!

Embrace rock!

I demand a bloodfire sacrifice!

I really hope they keep Nex the same, she's an amazing boss, and that would just wreck it.

Then again, shadow bomb could be a shadow, warning of a a giant rock falling from the sky... :-k

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

I'm wondering about bolt specials. I presume they won't be removed as they are not linked with the special bar, but with range being added to the adrenaline bar, with presumably the same amount of ultimates ect as mele and mage, the specials on bolts seem un-needed. I wonder if this will mean we will see alot less use for ruby bolts ect, and people focusing on the more powerful unenchanted bolts e.g. rune/onyx bolts.

I'm wondering about bolt specials. I presume they won't be removed as they are not linked with the special bar, but with range being added to the adrenaline bar, with presumably the same amount of ultimates ect as mele and mage, the specials on bolts seem un-needed. I wonder if this will mean we will see alot less use for ruby bolts ect, and people focusing on the more powerful unenchanted bolts e.g. rune/onyx bolts.

I would like to see the enchanted bolt specials become abilities so you could use stronger bolts but still keep the special attacks of enchanted bolts in game.

Not sure how dual chaotics will compare to chaotic maul tho. Jagex has said that they plan to make 2H weapons worth it tho. I'm expecting/hoping 2h weapons will end up like the prom 2h in DG - rapier (one handed fast melee weapon) gives faster DPS (afaik), but certain monsters simply have much too high def for rapier.

Also, if I can get the money, I'm buying BGS before the beta. But I have 200k left from buying bones for 95 prayer. So.

Part of the reason faster weapons are good is because strength bonus increases and accuracy increases not based on the weapon you are holding have a higher impact on damage per second. That isn't as true in dungeoneering because you have less access to bonus increases (gaunts, boots, but these are not worth making and seldom found as drops)

Serena_Sedai.png

I've just thought of something:

Does this now mean all weapons will be given the option to do this:

Train Attack

Train Strength

Train Defence

Train Controlled

Otherwise you'll (which may be a good idea also) have say the Whip on Attack but the Dragon Scimitar training Strength.

I don't know about controlled but it was confirmed that all weapons will be able to train all stats associated with them. So magic/ranged will be given the option to train pure defence as well, whips will be able to train strength etc.

On the vid where they flicked through the xp/attack options menus melee had all 4 (att, str, def, controlled)

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Part of the reason faster weapons are good is because strength bonus increases and accuracy increases not based on the weapon you are holding have a higher impact on damage per second. That isn't as true in dungeoneering because you have less access to bonus increases (gaunts, boots, but these are not worth making and seldom found as drops)

Eh, my comment still stands. Also, with the 150% damage boost from 2h, strength bonus would have a bigger impact on the max hit of two handed weapons.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png

Yes, I think they will have done a decent job at balancing things, and we have a beta for the best players of the game to attempt to find loopholes and breaks, before they are released live to the official servers.

Serena_Sedai.png

You don't need the staff to cast SoA. If you can cast it at what is the equivalent in the current system of 3 ticks, it'd be very powerful, even without a shield to boost accuracy.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

How exciting are minigames such as Castle Wars going to be now you can Dual-Wield! This update on its own changes the entire game, never mind all the other combat changes as well!

If only those combat mini-games were played often outside their themed worlds. I'm actually imagining myself getting into PvP minigames or monster hunting again for this update, but the fact I've seen CWars near-dead on every world that isn't themed for it is annoying.

How exciting are minigames such as Castle Wars going to be now you can Dual-Wield! This update on its own changes the entire game, never mind all the other combat changes as well!

If only those combat mini-games were played often outside their themed worlds. I'm actually imagining myself getting into PvP minigames or monster hunting again for this update, but the fact I've seen CWars near-dead on every world that isn't themed for it is annoying.

They really need to finish rolling out instanced worlds for mini-games like that, it'd be so much busier if every single world threw everyone together.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

They really need to finish rolling out instanced worlds for mini-games like that, it'd be so much busier if every single world threw everyone together.

The problem is sometimes people don't want it that busy. I, for one, would like the games to be small enough that I can actually feel like I'm making an impact.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png

Theyre probably trying to make a triangle within each class as well. 2hander's extra damage and accuracy counters a shield+1h's extra defense and LP while the lack of a shield is less of a detriment as youre only facing a single 1h weapon.

The extra defense and LP of shield+1h will turn the lower per-hit accuracy and damage of dualwield into a drawback and, if jagex are smart an have given a shield only counterattack ability, the extra attacks will provoke more counters (2x75% attacks provoke 2x100% which is an even higher % of dualweilders lower maxLP, pushing the balance in the shielder's favour).

Dualwield capitalises on the 2h's lack of shield with dps and burst, while the 2h's slowness could be exploited by an ability that resets the opponents timer, which would obviously be more devastating to slower weapons.

Any idea if this will be F2P

Lmao who we kidding.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

I don't think you can dual cast.

Seeing as all staves are now 2h, Polypore won't be dual wield at all, as far as dual cast spells...as far as I can tell you can dual cast spells and they give you increased casting rate, but reduced damage compared to staves that have 150% damage boost.

So basically the same issue as melee, reduced damage for faster attacks.

Quest Cape Achieved 10/08/2012

TFU: Ruinous Edge

TFUsig2_zpsc5e7f1a4.png

A piece of glass in the sand under your feet, it cuts you deep and it makes you hate the beauty that you see.

Theyre probably trying to make a triangle within each class as well. 2hander's extra damage and accuracy counters a shield+1h's extra defense and LP while the lack of a shield is less of a detriment as youre only facing a single 1h weapon.

The extra defense and LP of shield+1h will turn the lower per-hit accuracy and damage of dualwield into a drawback and, if jagex are smart an have given a shield only counterattack ability, the extra attacks will provoke more counters (2x75% attacks provoke 2x100% which is an even higher % of dualweilders lower maxLP, pushing the balance in the shielder's favour).

Dualwield capitalises on the 2h's lack of shield with dps and burst, while the 2h's slowness could be exploited by an ability that resets the opponents timer, which would obviously be more devastating to slower weapons.

I see where you are going, but not its honestly not their intentions. In the early video blogs a mod stated they wanted people to be able to perform as different class fighters. They wanted there to be ways where tanking was a viable option not just as a meleer, but as a ranger and mager. They also wanted DPSers to be distinct which they clearly showed with offhand weaponry and duel wielding. I am thinking their next hurdle is possibly making healing an ability to be performed whether it be from summoning or using food on a player outside of dungeoneering. The big change I think that needs to be brought to combat is breaking that healing barrier.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png