The Evolution of Combat: BETA discussion

Leon S

Chaotic rapier vs longsword? Both! :shades:

Couple of things, I don't know if it's a different menu because he was holding a key, but the tooltip says wield offhand dragon scimitar. Potential for turning every dragon weapon now into a rare drop? I like that idea.

Also, noticed that potato... :rolleyes:

edit, on the hybrid dual wielding.. Did TDs just get a lot easier?

Oh god yes. This might make up for the armour switching penalties.

Also,

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

TWO HANDED WEAPONS

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

Dual wielding crossbows throws me through a loop because of how unrealistic it is but I guess the "it's a game" excuse works.

Because dragons and giants are realistic, right?

Yes, they are. In the sense that they are consistent with the laws of the game universe as far as we know. We also know most basic laws of nature seem to be in effect, which begs the question how we are able to reload a crossbow without hands.

You could have some kind of metal grooves or notches on your belt/thigh and push the crossbow string down onto those. Idk. That made more sense before I thought about it.

VJH7N9F.png

zuzmo.png 

Well, let's post the rollover info again.

Dragon Spear: Damage - 624, Bonus - 600, Style - Stabbing, Class - Melee, Speed - Fast

Dragon Scimitar: Damage - 257, Bonus - 600, Stiyle - Slashing, Class - Melee, Speed - Fastest

Dragon 2h: Damage - 624, Bonus - 680, Style - Slashing, Class - Melee, Speed - Average

Abyssal Whip: Damage - 300, Bonus - 700, Style - Slashing, Class - Melee, Speed - Fastest

Polypore Staff: Bonus - 800, Style - none, Class - Magic, Speed - Average

Crystal Bow: Damage - 392, Bonus - 700, Ammo - Thrown, Class - Ranged, Speed - Fast

Rune Crossbow: Bonus - 500, Ammo - Bolt, Class - Range, Speed - Fastest

Enhanced Excalibur (Offhand Whip equivalent): Damage - 300, Bonus - 700, Style - Slashing, Class - Melee, Speed - Fastest

Offhand Dragon Scimitar: Damage - 257, Bonus - 600, Style - Slashing, Class - Melee, Speed - Fastest

Offhand Rune Crossbow: Bonus - 500, Ammo - Bolt, Class - Range, Speed - Fastest

Steadfast Boots: Armor - 300, Class - Melee

Chaotiac: 200% active spell damage, 250% damage against stunned, cooldown - 5 seconds

Surge: Teleport upto 10 meters in straight line, Requires - 5 Magic, Cooldown - 20 seconds

Overpower: Ultimate ability, deal damage 25% max lifepoints, Requires - 45 atk, Cooldown - 60 secords

Another thing I noticed was no cooldown when switching weapons during combat. Currently we're told that switching armor causes a universal cooldown of some significant length.

Personal opinion: I'm impressed with the reception of duel wielding. I wasn't impressed as I just consider it turning 1h into a 2h which means just mean sacrificing def for more off. However, def is much more important it seems in the update, so the tradeoff seems balanced (and really cool graphics). Still, I'm glad people enjoy it.

nukemarine.png

Learn how to Learn Japanese on your own - Nukemarine's Suggested Guide for Beginners in Japanese
Stop Forgetting Stuff for College and Life - Anki - a program which makes remembering things easy
Reach Elite Fitness - CrossFit

Personal opinion: I'm impressed with the reception of duel wielding. I wasn't impressed as I just consider it turning 1h into a 2h which means just mean sacrificing def for more off.

I don't quite agree, considering you can dual wield different weapon styles (range + melee).

How do we know if we were selected for the beta?

crossed_body.png

I'm ready for my dual wielding crossbows.

xlarge_fcefc15d1561cefe874e2cfed8aaf2a3.jpg

Off topic

On that note, then ready for dual wielding godswords

13016.jpg

(I'm a huge swtor fan, couldn't resist)

I've been searching and cannot find any information, will they leave hybrid sets the same (vanguard, trickster, etc)? A bit on topic with duel wielding, duel type weapons and I think these sets would thrive on that. I'd have some fun in fog with battlemage rapier/off hand master wand combos. Many fun possibilities arise I think ;)

siggy_zps7b2911b4.png

Posted in the other thread, but here's the rollover data:

Dragon Spear: Damage - 624, Bonus - 600, Style - Stabbing, Class - Melee, Speed - Fast

Dragon Scimitar: Damage - 257, Bonus - 600, Stiyle - Slashing, Class - Melee, Speed - Fastest

Dragon 2h: Damage - 624, Bonus - 680, Style - Slashing, Class - Melee, Speed - Average

Abyssal Whip: Damage - 300, Bonus - 700, Style - Slashing, Class - Melee, Speed - Fastest

Crystal Bow: Damage - 392, Bonus - 700, Ammo - Thrown, Class - Ranged, Speed - Fast

Enhanced Excalibur (Offhand Whip equivalent): Damage - 300, Bonus - 700, Style - Slashing, Class - Melee, Speed - Fastest

Offhand Dragon Scimitar: Damage - 257, Bonus - 600, Style - Slashing, Class - Melee, Speed - Fastest

Chaotiac: 200% active spell damage, 250% damage against stunned, cooldown - 5 seconds

Surge: Teleport upto 10 meters in straight line, Requires - 5 Magic, Cooldown - 20 seconds

Overpower: Ultimate ability, deal damage 25% max lifepoints, Requires - 45 atk, Cooldown - 60 secords

The idea of armor switching cooldown might not be a big deal for boss battles like Dag Kings. You lose special attacks for a brief bit but can still attack normally plus you keep the adrenaline pumping. For PvP, it's a game changer. There's a 2 tick wait between abilities so fast response is not a big deal. There's a lot of tactics in this though as there's likely three or more ultimates that could come into play altering the end fight dynamic. Guess the next 2 months will ell.

nukemarine.png

Learn how to Learn Japanese on your own - Nukemarine's Suggested Guide for Beginners in Japanese
Stop Forgetting Stuff for College and Life - Anki - a program which makes remembering things easy

Another thing I noticed was no cooldown when switching weapons during combat. Currently we're told that switching armor causes a universal cooldown of some significant length.

Personal opinion: I'm impressed with the reception of duel wielding. I wasn't impressed as I just consider it turning 1h into a 2h which means just mean sacrificing def for more off. However, def is much more important it seems in the update, so the tradeoff seems balanced (and really cool graphics). Still, I'm glad people enjoy it.

Do you have a QFC for that or did you find it somewhere else?

[hide]

[/hide]

No QFC, I just paused the video a lot.

nukemarine.png

Oh gosh... I can't wait!!! :ohnoes:

I think this is gonna put off me getting 99 Agility and reading Legacy of Blood (third RuneScape book comes out this Tuesday too) though. D'oh!

[hide]

[/hide]

No QFC, I just paused the video a lot.

Oh alright then.

So, claws are getting split into main hand and offhand claws. It sounds like they are 75% each, as opposed to a 50% offhand weapon. So perhaps they will keep a place as a powerful offensive offhand, but it would depend on their stats.

Ancients being changed:

"Mod Rathe:

Ancient spells have been renamed slightly and now fall in line with the 4 basic elements:

Smoke > Gale (Air Element)

Shadow > Rock (Earth Element)

Blood > Bloodfire (Fire Element)

Ice stays the same (Water Element)"

So it looks like rune crossbow by itself has much higher dps than a whip?

I guess it depends what "bonus" means, and what the different abilities for range and melee do.

Notice that abyssal whip is "damage 300 bonus 700" and rune crossbow is "bonus 500". I assume it doesn't show a damage value because it uses ammo, and that probably is where the damage comes from.

I'm not entirely sure what "bonus" means, but I'm guessing it affects the damage your special abilities do. Damage is for auto attacks, damage+bonus is for abilities?

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

So, claws are getting split into main hand and offhand claws. It sounds like they are 75% each, as opposed to a 50% offhand weapon. So perhaps they will keep a place as a powerful offensive offhand, but it would depend on their stats.

Ancients being changed:

"Mod Rathe:

Ancient spells have been renamed slightly and now fall in line with the 4 basic elements:

Aww :( I liked that ancient magics had their own elements..

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

So it looks like rune crossbow by itself has much higher dps than a whip?

I guess it depends what "bonus" means, and what the different abilities for range and melee do.

Notice that abyssal whip is "damage 300 bonus 700" and rune crossbow is "bonus 500". I assume it doesn't show a damage value because it uses ammo, and that probably is where the damage comes from.

I'm not entirely sure what "bonus" means, but I'm guessing it affects the damage your special abilities do. Damage is for auto attacks, damage+bonus is for abilities?

I'm assuming bonus = attack bonus and damage = strength bonus. Rune crossbows don't have strength bonuses.

The combination of a claw in one hand and a rapier on the other just sounds too awesome :D

safersbanner.png

Play Safe! smile.gif - Got useful information for the tip.it website? Post here!

"Mod Rathe:

That's lame :(. Blood is supposed to be earth, shadow is supposed to be fire, but they don't get it >.>.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Ancients being changed:

"Mod Rathe:

Aww :( I liked that ancient magics had their own elements..

Agreed, I suppose this is to enable ancients to contribute to the ultimate transformation abilities. Would of been cool if they had made separate ones as opposed to just tying them together with normal elements.

Sylpheed.png