The Evolution of Combat: BETA discussion

Leon S

I think they mean that a portion of the 50k spots will get taken up by botters. Also, signing up only required clicking an item in inventory, so it wouldn't surprise me if some bots had signed up.

No.

1) The item in your inventory merely directed you to the webpage, you still had to sign-up.

2) The 50k spots aren't going out at random to anybody, you still had to sign-up in order to be entered for the draw.

Don't really understand how this stops the bot owner from signing it up...?

Obviously all the 'afdgarga' yew-cutters might not, but there are plenty of high-level botters which the owner might be attached to, or might want to use in the beta to develop new bots to cope with the changes.

I think they mean that a portion of the 50k spots will get taken up by botters. Also, signing up only required clicking an item in inventory, so it wouldn't surprise me if some bots had signed up.

No.

1) The item in your inventory merely directed you to the webpage, you still had to sign-up.

2) The 50k spots aren't going out at random to anybody, you still had to sign-up in order to be entered for the draw.

Don't really understand how this stops the bot owner from signing it up...?

Obviously all the 'afdgarga' yew-cutters might not, but there are plenty of high-level botters which the owner might be attached to, or might want to use in the beta to develop new bots to cope with the changes.

Thats not the same, a bot dev signing up to try and fathom new codes is not the same as bots themselves being signed up, seeing as bots themselves have nothing to gain from the beta as they are not gaining levels or gp that is usable to them.

And even then there would not be many, if any, because foremost bots are coded via the source code of the game and/or by using colours to click specific areas neither of which hugely need to play the beta to be reworked and secondly since the first bot nuke there aren't that many major bot devs left and even if all that remain did sign up there's only gonna be a very minute number of them compared to the normal players.

Edit: And a point that I just thought of, though it is kinda of obvious, is any botter REALLY that stupid to launch a bot into a server that is being so heavily monitored? I mean sure they have means to spot bots on all servers, but the beta servers are going to be watched even more intensely to see how xp rates are panning out, how different gears are working, for bugs etc. etc. Taking a bot into that environment is kind asking to be caught.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Same

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

Apologies for asking something that's likely been pointed out already somewhere, but do all members have access at any point during the beta or is the only the 1 year subscribers + 50k players until the official release later this year?

Trollbomber.png

^July 7th all members get access at least for the weekends.

I wish they'd hurry up I logged off after my slayer task to await beta thinking I don't wanna have to log mid-run to get in the beta asap and I don't wanna log into beta off in a dungeon with half used pots and familar and such I'd rather be at a bank.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Apologies for asking something that's likely been pointed out already somewhere, but do all members have access at any point during the beta or is the only the 1 year subscribers + 50k players until the official release later this year?

AFAIK all members can play the beta during the weekends.

Previously known as Monkeybeast0.

Walkman1022.jpeg

I don't know how much longer I can wait.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

Mod Emilee just posted in the email thread on RSOF saying emails should be sent within the next hour *hopefully*.

Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo
2mqj8rr.png
Minigames: Level 5 in All Barbarian Assault Roles PM me in game or on these forums to play. Over 500 Castle Wars Games with 460+ Tickets.

AFAIK all members can play the beta during the weekends.

Starting July 7th weekend though, so it won't be accessible this weekend.

Sylpheed.png

Are the 50k the ones getting an e-mail only or are 1year members getting one too?

Everyone who got in should get one.

Plv6Dz6.jpg