The Evolution of Combat: BETA discussion

Leon S

It's "supposed" to be "ultra weak to bolts; weak to range; strong to everything else" I would report a bug if you find it not the case for certain monsters.

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

Any word from the Beta forums when our next steam punk scientist outfit event is?

Only one I've been aware of is the CW one, 3 beta weekends ago now. I would check myself but oh wait...I'm not allowed to view the Beta forums, because I'm only a paying member and therefore do not have the right to full beta access.

Quest Cape Achieved 10/08/2012

TFU: Ruinous Edge

TFUsig2_zpsc5e7f1a4.png

A piece of glass in the sand under your feet, it cuts you deep and it makes you hate the beauty that you see.

Any word from the Beta forums when our next steam punk scientist outfit event is?

Only one I've been aware of is the CW one, 3 beta weekends ago now. I would check myself but oh wait...I'm not allowed to view the Beta forums, because I'm only a paying member and therefore do not have the right to full beta access.

That's what the news feed is for.

Not a fan of soul wars, but it might be a bit more interesting in the beta than the main game.

Not a fan of soul wars, but it might be a bit more interesting in the beta than the main game.

I've done a game of soul wars and no notification in game chat. Apparently somewhere on forums it's been confirmed by Jmod that soul wars does not give steam punk outfit piece.

The weekend is upon us and that can only mean one thing: the doors of our Evolution of Combat beta worlds are once again open to all RuneScape members! From 4pm Friday 20th July to 10am Monday 23rd July (BST), all subscribed players can access our beta servers and take part in testing the new Evolution of Combat content.

This weekend, our developers are paying particular attention to the Soul Wars activity. We would really value your feedback on this particular arena of combat, and so we would appreciate it if our intrepid Beta players could spend some time duking it out in a game of Soul Wars at some point during their time on the beta servers this weekend.

Soul Wars battles can lead to some fiercely frenetic fights, and so, alongside the usual feedback, we’d also love to see some shots of you in full combat action.

In order to show off your killer skills, all you need to do is take an epic screen shot of you in battle and then send it to us at [email protected]. We'll pick the meanest and most magnificent and give them pride of place on our official RuneScape Facebook page, where nearly 900,000 fellow RuneScape fans can marvel at your prowess!

If you're not familiar with the fine art of Soul Wars, make sure you read up on the game over on the RuneScape Wiki article here. Otherwise, we'll look forward to seeing your pictures and hearing your feedback after the event.

Good luck!

The RuneScape Team

Doesn't state anywhere soul wars gives a part of steam punk outfit as far as I can tell.

TFUsig2_zpsc5e7f1a4.png

A piece of glass in the sand under your feet, it cuts you deep and it makes you hate the beauty that you see.

Doesn't state anywhere soul wars gives a part of steam punk outfit as far as I can tell.

Oh.

Just checked, doesn't look like there's a piece of beta gear this week. The Duel Arena event that was supposed to give it is apparently going to be postponed so that they could make some changes.

I've done a game of soul wars and no notification in game chat. Apparently somewhere on forums it's been confirmed by Jmod that soul wars does not give steam punk outfit piece.

The weekend is upon us and that can only mean one thing: the doors of our Evolution of Combat beta worlds are once again open to all RuneScape members! From 4pm Friday 20th July to 10am Monday 23rd July (BST), all subscribed players can access our beta servers and take part in testing the new Evolution of Combat content.

This weekend, our developers are paying particular attention to the Soul Wars activity. We would really value your feedback on this particular arena of combat, and so we would appreciate it if our intrepid Beta players could spend some time duking it out in a game of Soul Wars at some point during their time on the beta servers this weekend.

Soul Wars battles can lead to some fiercely frenetic fights, and so, alongside the usual feedback, we’d also love to see some shots of you in full combat action.

In order to show off your killer skills, all you need to do is take an epic screen shot of you in battle and then send it to us at [email protected]. We'll pick the meanest and most magnificent and give them pride of place on our official RuneScape Facebook page, where nearly 900,000 fellow RuneScape fans can marvel at your prowess!

If you're not familiar with the fine art of Soul Wars, make sure you read up on the game over on the RuneScape Wiki article here. Otherwise, we'll look forward to seeing your pictures and hearing your feedback after the event.

Good luck!

The RuneScape Team

Duel Arean event was swapped out fro soulwars at the last min as they do not wanna do duel until they've dealt with some current issues and soulwars (like last weeks boss things) is not a beta outfit event.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Ok thanks ALG and Sy. SO to recap there has just been 1 event so far for steam punk outfit? the castle wars event on first beta weekend?

TFUsig2_zpsc5e7f1a4.png

Thank you, and not a fan of Soul wars at all, you keep targeting your own allies with ice spells, and getting annoying messages in game chat saying your not meant to attack your allies.

TFUsig2_zpsc5e7f1a4.png

So, are they ever gonna remove the healing cap on brews?

Probably not, they were incredibly OP.

At the moment they're completely useless, especially since they're a potion with a requirement in the 80s and fairly uncommon ingredients. A buff wouldn't hurt, and it probably wouldn't be too game breaking.

Perhaps have them heal the equivalent of some mid-level food per sip, so they'll be more than rocktail per inventory spot but not necessarily good if you take a lot of damage at a time? Or just have them heal a fixed percentage of your health so they'll be a bit more useful with life point boosts.

I think they're fine in the current system and don't need to be nerfed. They're expensive and drain your stats. Their only real advantage is that they let you last longer (since eating doesn't make you lose attack turns).

So, are they ever gonna remove the healing cap on brews?

Probably not, they were incredibly OP.

At the moment they're completely useless, especially since they're a potion with a requirement in the 80s and fairly uncommon ingredients. A buff wouldn't hurt, and it probably wouldn't be too game breaking.

Perhaps have them heal the equivalent of some mid-level food per sip, so they'll be more than rocktail per inventory spot but not necessarily good if you take a lot of damage at a time? Or just have them heal a fixed percentage of your health so they'll be a bit more useful with life point boosts.

But don't they heal you without draining your action bar unlike food that does drain your action bar? That makes them worth using right there imo.

But don't they heal you without draining your action bar unlike food that does drain your action bar? That makes them worth using right there imo.

They also heal about as much as they do in the live game, if not a tiny bit more. It's barely anything compared to the thousands of health that even Barrows gives.

Nests are down to under 5k.. Snapdragons will probably be there within a few weeks. Super restores were held up by brews. Otherwise, one would just use a prayer potion. So I hope that they do something to make brews not useless content. Not having a bxpw to push prices up doesn't help either.

Perhaps healing abilities/soul splitting strategic hits will become an even larger part of healing. With abilities allowing you to hit thousands at once, soul split (vampyrism?) could be more effective than losing an attack turn (unless you time it right) to eating a rocktail.

How helpful are things like uni scrolls/lvl79 titan scrolls?

VJH7N9F.png

zuzmo.png 

I'm confused. How are they useless if they're one of the few things that heal you without draining your action bar? Or am I wrong and food doesn't drain your action bar either.

I'm confused. How are they useless if they're one of the few things that heal you without draining your action bar? Or am I wrong and food doesn't drain your action bar either.

Using them for healing would be like using herring for healing in the main game. They may not drain your action bar, but they also don't do much other than take up inventory space.

Tried Soul Wars in the Beta, and it's really, really much more difficult to rush the avatar now :P Everyone's just spraying abilities there. Had 3 draws in total.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Tried Soul Wars in the Beta, and it's really, really much more difficult to rush the avatar now :P Everyone's just spraying abilities there. Had 3 draws in total.

Without bots Soulwars is just Castlewars without a flag. From someone who has 6 Tz-Rek-Jads, the first game I tried was...less than satisfying, but that's probably because everyone is "testing" nex sets. Bad idea Jagex.

From the empty days of hope, deny the darkness
Follow my voice, we'll run far away from here

If only to hide, to escape this life
And live forever, forever in the sun

Using them for healing would be like using herring for healing in the main game. They may not drain your action bar, but they also don't do much other than take up inventory space.

Don't they still heal for 500 a dose? That means it's the best healing per slot in the game still. The new niche it fills is non-emergancy heals, things like in between mobs, or when you only are taking minimal damage that has started to add up over time. Think of them like Prayer Renewals now, far more efficient than restores, but not good if you need large bursts.

El Psy Congroo.

Don't they still heal for 500 a dose? That means it's the best healing per slot in the game still. The new niche it fills is non-emergancy heals, things like in between mobs, or when you only are taking minimal damage that has started to add up over time. Think of them like Prayer Renewals now, far more efficient than restores, but not good if you need large bursts.

But we have 2 abilities that can exchange adrenalin for healing which do much more and are perfectly suited to use between mobs when bossing or w/e, whilst for slayer there shouldn't really be an in between mobs unless you are doing like KBD for blk drags or dks for daggs

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

or when you only are taking minimal damage that has started to add up over time

Actually not a bad use for them... Still limited to people with overloads (Best healing per slot doesn't mean much if half your inventory is restores), but they might end up being the best 'food' for big tasks of weaker monsters.

They heal like... ~200 more than a rocktail, at the cost of being 4 sips, while rocktail is 1 click food, even if you lose adrenaline, it's not that hard to get it back up, they need to boost the brews, otherwise they're dead content lol

_p3_minato_arisato_signature__by_x0sandylicious0x-d3hnk6v.png