The Crew Wants You! - CLOSED

The Crew Wants You! - CLOSED

This recruitment drive will run until June 29th, 2012, midnight GMT.

pur_1341014400.png

Tip.It's Website Crew is currently looking for enthusiastic members to join the team! The Crew is a team of volunteers dedicated to the upkeep of the main help-site. If you've ever had an interest in being a part of it all, or think you have any skills that could make the site even better, you're looking in the right place! The Crew has many available positions each requiring very different skills and interests, there's something for everyone. Before applying, you should know a little bit about how the Crew works. It is important to not glamour a position up, as one may find the Crew was not how they expected it would be when they applied.

First off, Tip.It is non-profit organization - All staff positions here are entirely voluntary. Those putting their time into the site are working purely for the bettering of Tip.It. If accepted, you will be required to make somewhat of a commitment to put enough time into your position and in-game research whenever necessary. Crew Training and Crew Work requires time to accomplish and without this commitment, you will not be able to meet deadlines and work as a team.

Secondly, although web design, coding or mapping skills are an asset, lacking them will not stop us from welcoming you aboard. We can teach you what you need to know, so our only request is you have a willing attitude to learn whatever interests you and time to spend on the site.

The Crew is very close with the rest of the Staff, and as a Crewbie you will have the opportunity to meet and work with all existing staff to help better the site. Overall, the Crew is a fantastic social and learning experience, and definitely a worthy investment of time.

Positions

These are the various positions waiting to be filled within the Crew and the skills involved. Note that as a Crewbie, while your position will determine the focus of your work, you will always have the chance to branch out into other areas whenever you want.

[hide=Monster Hunting Guide Editor]Requirements:

- Experience combating high level bosses and monsters

- Must be able to collect data and find the most efficient strategies to defeat monsters

- Spelling and grammar skills an asset

- HTML an asset

- Access to/possession of high level equipment and money an asset

Responsibilities:

- Revamping Tip.It monster hunting guides and authoring new ones when the need arises

- Processing forum user submissions on existing monster hunter guides.[/hide]

[hide=Bestiary Editor]Requirements:

- Knowledge and experience fighting monsters

- Liking fighting monsters

Responsibilities:

- Updating existing bestiary pages

- Responding to feedback and site submissions about the bestiary.

- Adding new bestiary pages when the need arises[/hide]

[hide=Treasure Trails Guide Editor]Requirements:

- Enjoying Treasure Trails

- HTML an asset

Responsibilities:

- Maintaining the Treasure Trails pages and creating new sections when the need arises

- Updating Treasure Trails guides based on forum user submissions[/hide]

[hide=Quest Editor]Requirements:

- The ability to research and complete quests on your own

- The ability to clearly explain how to do a quest

- Decent spelling and grammar an asset

- HTML an asset

Responsibilities:

- Researching and writing quest guides for newly released quests.

- Updating existing quest guides based on forum user submissions or research.[/hide]

[hide=Maps Editor]Requirements:

- Photoshop skills or willingness to learn

- HTML and JavaScript basics an asset

Responsibilities:

- Making new maps when the need arises

- Maintaining Atlas pages

- Responding to feedback and site submissions regarding any maps[/hide]

[hide=Calculator Editor]Requirements:

- Knowledge of jQuery (or at least willing to learn), JavaScript, and HTML

- Other languages an asset

Responsibilities:

- Maintaining calculator pages

- Creating new calculators when the need arises

- Responding and dealing with feedback from submission boards regarding calculators[/hide]

[hide=Items Database Editor]Requirements:

- Enjoying gathering information on new and existing items

Responsibilities:

- Updating existing item entries

- Responding to feedback and site submissions about the items database

- Researching and adding newly released items to the items database[/hide]

[hide=Guides Editor]Requirements:

- Willingness to login and research data, especially on game update days

- Excellent spelling and grammar an asset

- HTML an asset

Responsibilities:

- Authoring any new guides if the need arises

- Updating and responding to feedback relating to Tip.It guides

- Updating Tip.It guides following Jagex updates[/hide]

Still interested? Excellent! To apply, you will need to fill out the following application and PM it to Staff_Applications. Please make Crew Application: <your name here> the PM subject.

Remember:

• PM your application to Staff_Applications - do not post it on this topic!
  • Put Crew Application: <your name here> as the Subject
  • Remember, this application is one of the main things you will be evaluated on! Please take your time to make a good impression
  • IMPORTANT: Read every question and answer every question to the best of your ability
  • Crew applications will run for three weeks and end at midnight GMT on June 29th, 2012.

Without further ado:

[hide=Application - Read Only]

Tell us About Your Relationship with Tip.It

1. How long have you been a member of Tip.It (in months)? What is your current post count?

2. Please provide a link to your Tip.It profile:

3. Which forum board(s) do you read/post on most often?

Tell us Your Qualifications

4. How many hours do you play RuneScape per week?

5. Are you a RuneScape paying member? If not, have you ever been P2P?

6. Do you have any type of image editing experience? If so, with which programs? If not, are you interested in learning?

7. Are you experienced with any coding languages, including HTML? If yes, then which one(s)? If not, are you interested in learning?

8. Have you written any RuneScape guides that were selected for the Tip.It Archive of Wisdom forum? If so, please provide links. Feel free to link to other guides you've written on our forums that are not in the AoW:

9. Please provide a link to 2-3 of your recent Tip.It posts that demonstrate crew-related skills (such as in-game research or images) and your contributions to the Tip.It forums (such as Website Updates, Help and Advice, etc.)

10. Explain why you want to be a Crew Member and how you would benefit the team:

11. Are you interested in a specific Crew position? It is best to stay open minded and have a few choices ready. This is of course not a binding commitment, just an idea of what you're interested in:

Tell Us About Your Computer

12. Which operating system are you running? Include all version numbers.

13. Do you have an up-to-date firewall? If so, which one(s)? Include Version

14. Do you have an up-to-date anti-virus program scheduled to run regularly? If so, which one(s)? Include Version

15. Do you have an up-to-date spyware-detection program scheduled to run regularly? If so, which one(s)? Include Version

16. Is your computer a personal computer or shared?

More About You

17. This question is NOT part of Crew hiring criteria, but will help us to know you better:

18. Tell us anything else you'd like us to know about you here! Favourite colour, hobbies, sports, education, etc. Let us know who YOU are!

[/hide]

[hide=In Code Tags - Copy From here!]

[size="3"][b]Tell us About Your Relationship with Tip.It[/b][/size]

[b]1. How long have you been a member of Tip.It (in months)? What is your current post count?[/b]

[b]2. Please provide a link to your Tip.It profile:[/b]

[b]3. Which forum board(s) do you read/post on most often?[/b]

[size="3"][b]Tell us Your Qualifications[/b][/size]

[b]4. How many hours do you play RuneScape per week? [/b]

[b]5. Are you a RuneScape paying member? If not, have you ever been P2P?[/b]

[b]6. Do you have any type of image editing experience? If so, with which programs? If not, are you interested in learning?[/b]

[b]7. Are you experienced with any coding languages, including HTML? If yes, then which one(s)?[/b]

[b]8. Have you written any RuneScape guides that were selected for the Tip.It Archive of Wisdom forum? If so, please provide links. Feel free to link to other guides you've written on our forums that are not in the AoW:[/b]

[b]9. Please provide a link to 2-3 of your recent Tip.It posts that demonstrate crew-related skills (such as in-game research or images) and your contributions to the Tip.It forums (such as Website Updates, Help and Advice, etc.)[/b]

[b]10. Explain why you want to be a Website Crew Member and how you would benefit the team:[/b]

[b]11. Are you interested in a specific Crew position? It is best to stay open minded and have a few choices ready. This is of course not a binding commitment, just an idea of what you're interested in:[/b]

[size="3"][b]Tell Us About Your Computer[/b][/size]

[b]12. Which operating system are you running? Include all version numbers.[/b]

[b]13. Do you have an up-to-date firewall? If so, which one(s)? Include Version[/b]

[b]14. Do you have an up-to-date anti-virus program scheduled to run regularly? If so, which one(s)? Include Version[/b]

[b]15. Do you have an up-to-date spyware-detection program scheduled to run regularly? If so, which one(s)? Include Version[/b]

[b]16. Is your computer a personal computer or shared?[/b]

[size="3"][b]More About You[/b][/size]

[b]17. This question is NOT part of Crew hiring criteria, but will help us to know you better:[/b]

[list][*][b]Which age group do you fall into? (Select one) 13-15 16-18 19-25 25+[/b]

[*][b]In what country do you live? Time Zone?[/b]

[*][b]What is your RSN? Link to the RuneScape Hiscores or provide any self-updating stat-signature.[/b] 

http://services.runescape.com/m=hiscore/compare.ws?user1=USERNAME[/list]

[b]18. Tell us anything else you'd like us to know about you here! Favourite colour, hobbies, sports, education, etc. Let us know who YOU are! [/b]

[/hide]

REMEMBER - Just be yourself. Trying to appear different simply to impress us will probably not make matters better. You won't be the same 'false self' all the time. Take your time with your application; they are not being run on a first come, first served basis. Each and every application will be reviewed by the current Crew members and the Admin team. We consider applications very carefully, and even if you are declined, we may still contact you at a later date asking if you still want to join the crew.

We are looking forward to reading your applications! :) If you have any questions, feel free to PM me or post on this topic. Do not post your application here.

Warriormonkx

Tip.It Crew Leader

Submit an Application | Send me a PM

Want to help the Tip.It Crew? Visit the Website Updates & Corrections forum!

Good luck guys!

Being part of staff is a great experience, even if you don't think you'll get in but are interested send in an application :thumbup:

RIP Michaelangelopolous

u can control my tip it account, but youll never control how fine i am!

This is by FAR my favorite song:

I love N_odie and would never edit his posts! I love Rainy_Day too <3 And also Cowman_133. <33 Oh, and Laikrob is a going to hunt me down and kill me like a pest kangaroo if I reveal how awesome she is. I owe tripsis skittles. DarkDude feels like he's missing out. This is my siggy! - n_odie Rainy_Day MINE! - n_odie Rainy_Day And meol shouldn't feel left out. Oh, and Y_Guy is a noob awesome

It ends 2 days after my exams finish... Might apply. :lol:

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

Good luck to everyone applying. Being on staff is very rewarding. :)

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

A good old fashioned recruitment drive :thumbsup:

Good luck with the applications. And don't be afraid to take your time on filling them out, and even sleep on it or walk away for an hour or two, especially if your like me and don't ever know what to say on these things :lol:

Good luck to you guys. Don't feel disheartened if you don't know coding or a avid Quester or Boss Hunter, I didn't know a damn thing about coding or Bosses but in Crew you'll get to learn it all from patient fellow Crewbies who're happy to help out. :thumbup:

Popoto.~<3

I recall, I think correctly, that one may have two positions at once, right? So my EP status would not be affected by my applying and receiving/not receiving a position in the crew...

Doing it. :shades: Application time!