OG Blog: Tradition and Challenge

Bxpprod

Mm. I consider it to be a penalty to make a skill arbitrarily less useful, because you spend time training the skill for less reward, but I suppose that's just me. Fair enough.

Obtained quest cape and base 92 before obtaining any 99s! Currently finishing out my 99s with the (long-distant) goal of comp cape.
Sorator.png
260pifq.jpg

gMIy8.jpg

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well.... As long as they don't [bleep] with my slayer monsters and my gear, I'll be ok with this. Too bad they are going to be doing both. Having a gear cooldown is really retarded too.

It's not exactly a gear cooldown. You aren't going to be able to use abilities initially if you swap gears in combat, so you'll still be able to use auto attacks, just not the special abilities. Might be good enough for low level monsters?

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

Ok.... I've given this some thought, and I really need an answer.

Will it be better to max my combats now doing AZs or DSs, before the update, and get 99 slayer once I'm maxed.... Or, should I just continue to max through slayer?

I'd stick with slayer, personally, but if you're relatively close to maxing already you may want to go ahead.

Obtained quest cape and base 92 before obtaining any 99s! Currently finishing out my 99s with the (long-distant) goal of comp cape.
Sorator.png
260pifq.jpg

gMIy8.jpg

This sounds great all sounds great!! I personally think Prayer will remain very useful, even more so now they are releasing the mage and range version of Turmoil - Anguish and Torment. :)

I think they may release a higher level Prayer too but that is just a guess, we'll find out in a few days!!

Avid43.png

This sounds great all sounds great!! I personally think Prayer will remain very useful, even more so now they are releasing the mage and range version of Turmoil - Anguish and Torment. :)

I think they may release a higher level Prayer too but that is just a guess, we'll find out in a few days!!

As if those werent high enough... And soulsplit is just amazing now too. I think we should all be interested in how soulsplit will work with the new combat. I would imagine about the same...

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Seems to me like this favours pures. At least ones who are completely maxed.

I thought that, but only to very low Defence ones (ie; 1).

However, I'm sure there will be some reasoning to this, maybe this hidden thing (including something truly amazing that we’ve been keeping as a surprise) is some sort of item that changes or adds benefits depending on your actual levels, so it'd be different for each players account (unless they have the same stats).

Also, I think maybe the way they'll counter what I've said at the beginning, is by having life-point boosting armours, all require certain levels, give good bonuses.

Example:

Level 102 maxed pure with Iron Armour will have maybe 100 added life points.

Where as say an average player with say 50 average stats will be able to wear Granite with a guess of 500 added life points.

This is just completely something I've thought off the top of my head, so it probably won't be right at all lol.

Yeah I'm guessing defence boosts are going to be what kills pures, but crucible might save them. Pures tend to only like to fight other pures anyway (more fun fights) and the crucible will match them up with other pures constantly. Like 90% of my fights have been against other zerkers. Shame they all prod steel titan but w/e.

I'm also guessing defence levels of new pure builds (old being 20/30/45 etc) will be based on which defence level gives the most effective armour but remains a low level. Like if 56 def for example had armour nearly as good as the max stuff, we'd see 56 def pures crop up with a new name based on the armour.

zerker_jane.png

99 farm easy

I'm also guessing defence levels of new pure builds (old being 20/30/45 etc) will be based on which defence level gives the most effective armour but remains a low level. Like if 56 def for example had armour nearly as good as the max stuff, we'd see 56 def pures crop up with a new name based on the armour.

Agreed.

One question: How long will it take me to get 90-99 3x ? I think I'll have 5 weeks the time before it launches ;d. Going to try to max melee at least =3.

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

One question: How long will it take me to get 90-99 3x ? I think I'll have 5 weeks the time before it launches ;d. Going to try to max melee at least =3.

Rapier monkey skeles w/ Salve etc... 100k/ hour, so 200 hours tops for all combats. Strength first of course. :)

Chin range and Glacor/burst rock lobs for mage.

That works out to... about 2 hours/day pure training.

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

Unless you are gone for some reason, the update is supposed to launch september. That's all of july and august.

Serena_Sedai.png

Unless you are gone for some reason, the update is supposed to launch september. That's all of july and august.

Yes this gives you plenty of time all summer to train up your combat stats with legacy tactics. However the trend in Runescape over the past decade has been to make training easier, so I'd be surprised if the new combat system doesn't offer newer, better training methods between stronger weapons and offensive abilities.

Yes this gives you plenty of time all summer to train up your combat stats with legacy tactics. However the trend in Runescape over the past decade has been to make training easier, so I'd be surprised if the new combat system doesn't offer newer, better training methods between stronger weapons and offensive abilities.

What he said.

It's nice tgo not have to care about this thanks to only having prayer and slayer remaining and them *claiming* to not change slayer xp. I wonder how/if kill rates will change...

Barrows: 9~2 V Brass,V Flail,2 Dh Plate,V Helm,V Skirt,T Legs,Malevolent Shield DKing: 48~6 W Ring,13 A Ring,8 M Staff,9 S Ring,7 B Ring,3 Seercull
Dragon Drops: 500+~50+ Med,26 Axe,3 Chain,10+ Legs,10+ Spear,2 D2h,10+ L Half,49 Boots,2 DDs,10+ Lump,9 Claws,50+ Dagger,14 Visage,50+ Mace,4 Scimitar,7 Hasta,Baxe,50+ Long,30+ Royal,2 Kite,4 Ward,2 Plate,Staff,Hammer,Limbs, Mattock,Halberd
GWD: 156~4 S Staff,50+ Shard,9 B Tass,13 B Plate,5 B Boots,6 A Plate,11 S Sword,8 A Hilt,4 A Skirt,9 A Helm,S Hilt,3 B Hilt,B Glove,2 A Buckler,Z Ward,Z Garb,2 Z Boots,B Shield,B Helm

Corp: 3~Elysian,2 Sp Sh Nex: 6~Torva Legs,Cere,P cowl,Z bow,2 T boots + GWD2: 9~2 Glaive,Wand,2 Crest,Blade,2 Essence,Core Araxyte: 5~Web,3 Pheromone,Fang + Raids: 4~3 Codex,P Boots  + Trails: 2~Bob Shirt,Fortunate

Etc: 64~3 Sceptre,B Mask,16 Whip,2 Focus Sight,5 D Bow,7 SOL,Ragefire,2 Steadfast,Arma Staff,6 Rider Armor,5 Vine,2 Razorback,2 A Wand,Abby Orb,3 Blood Shard,6 Hydrix,Gland,Asc Xbow
[spoiler=Capes]Quest Cape Aquired 12-7-07 ~ Level 93 + + + Completionist Cape Aquired 5-22-15 ~ Level 138
Hitpoints Cape Aquired 9-21-09 ~ Level 131 + Magic Cape Aquired 9-24-09 Attack Cape Aquired 3-5-10 ~ Level 135 Summoning Cape Aquired 3-12-10

Strength Cape Aquired 6-1-11 ~ Level 137 Fire Cape Aquired 6-23-11 Defence Cape Aquired 7-5-11 + Ranged Cape Aquired 8-1-11 Kiln Cape Aquired 2-26-12 ~ Level 138
Dungeoneering Cape Aquired 4-22-12 + Slayer Cape Aquired 6-25-14 ~ Level 200 + Herblore Cape Acquired 12-9-14 ~ Level 138 Prayer Cape Acquired 12-20-14
Agility Cape Acquired 1-4-15 + Hunter Cape Acquired 1-30-15 Construction Cape Acquired 1-31-15 Crafting Cape Acquired 2-22-15 Thieving Cape Acquired 3-18-15
Runecrafting Cape Acquired 4-14-15 Mining Cape Acquired 4-19-15 Fishing Cape Acquired 4-25-15 Firemaking Cape Acquired 4-26-15 Woodcutting Cape Acquired 4-26-15
Cooking Cape Acquired 4-26-15Smithing Cape Acquired 4-28-15 Farming Cape Acquired 4-29-15 Divination Cape Acquired 5-3-15 Dungeoneering Mastery 5-4-15
Fletching Cape Acquired 5-4-15 Max Cape Acquired 5-4-15 + Invention Cape Acquired 11-9-16 Invention Mastery 5-16-19 + Archaeology Cape Acquired 10-30-20

Rates for slayer will definitely change, most likely the overall "best" stuff will change as a result of the new tactics. It is possible that the slayer masters will be re-evaluated to determine what they should assign, and the effigy formula may be changed as well. Most of this may not affect the average slayer, but it will change a lot of options.

I'm hoping that a lot of the crappy high defense monsters become better :) (Like black demons. They're "worth" it, but I dislike them)

Serena_Sedai.png

If i read right, monsters combat levels will increase in similar fashion to ours. That means the most of the current best training monsters will still be worth training on with 200 combat.

I'd definitely wait for beta before starting powertraining combat skills. If not faster it could at least be much more interesting.

chat.png

"Happines only real when shared."

[hide=Stats]Gago.png

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gag0.png[/hide]

So level 4 skillers will now be able to get 99 summoning, hitpoints and prayer while remaining as level 4 if they wish. Makes being a skiller much easier.

Indeed; all types of pures will be radically effected by the changes in one way or another.

(My most recent blog post offers a discussion of the impact of the new combat formula: http://newrscombat.wordpress.com/2012/06/26/combat-calculation/ )

http://newrscombat.wordpress.com/

My blog on the planned changes to the combat system.

Indeed; all types of pures will be radically effected by the changes in one way or another.

(My most recent blog post offers a discussion of the impact of the new combat formula: http://newrscombat.wordpress.com/2012/06/26/combat-calculation/ )

While it is possible in the new system to be 99 attack, 1 strength, 99 defense, and be lv200, that isn't the same type of pure because reduction in strength in the *current* system is reduction in damage potential. Also, the abilities available could change everything. I have a feeling that most players will train strength and attack in a balanced fashion, and there is no reason for a pure to choose to be lower on purpose (They would only choose to max both strength and attack) The only type of player would be one who didn't choose to train both strength and attack to the same level, that is when they would be disadvantaged.

The forms of pure possible have changed, and we have little/no idea of the impact of abilities yet.

Serena_Sedai.png

While it is possible in the new system to be 99 attack, 1 strength, 99 defense, and be lv200, that isn't the same type of pure because reduction in strength in the *current* system is reduction in damage potential. Also, the abilities available could change everything. I have a feeling that most players will train strength and attack in a balanced fashion, and there is no reason for a pure to choose to be lower on purpose (They would only choose to max both strength and attack) The only type of player would be one who didn't choose to train both strength and attack to the same level, that is when they would be disadvantaged.

The forms of pure possible have changed, and we have little/no idea of the impact of abilities yet.

You're of course correct. I shall actually add a note to my blog that it remains speculative, as I am quite aware of these factors^^

Thanks.

It is definitely going to be interesting to see people try to break the new formulas.

Indeed; and if they succeed, Jagex will be quite upset I expect, as they have apparently (and seemingly) gone to great efforts to create a formula which disallows sneakyness like that.

Ah just what we need more zeros.

Hey lets use scientific notation for this crap.

I with my 1x10^9 hp shall challenge the king black dragon with his 1x10^12 hp.

I will hit 6x 10^ 8 every 2 seconds and eat a shark that heal 2x10^5 hp in a single bite.

Sophistication at it's finest...

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

Ah just what we need more zeros.

Hey lets use scientific notation for this crap.

I with my 1x10^9 hp shall challenge the king black dragon with his 1x10^12 hp.

I will hit 6x 10^ 8 every 2 seconds and eat a shark that heal 2x10^5 hp in a single bite.

Sophistication at it's finest...

Made me laugh.