Allow profanity.

You can say poo and bum

But yeah, I wasn't originally a fan of removing the censor completely, but I think it can be done now and people can still be sensible. Some things could still stay censored, but most removed

RIP Michaelangelopolous

u can control my tip it account, but youll never control how fine i am!

This is by FAR my favorite song:

I love N_odie and would never edit his posts! I love Rainy_Day too <3 And also Cowman_133. <33 Oh, and Laikrob is a going to hunt me down and kill me like a pest kangaroo if I reveal how awesome she is. I owe tripsis skittles. DarkDude feels like he's missing out. This is my siggy! - n_odie Rainy_Day MINE! - n_odie Rainy_Day And meol shouldn't feel left out. Oh, and Y_Guy is a noob awesome

We're nearly all adults here and people are only offended by profanity on behalf of others anyway.

Ah heh heh...

While a lot of TIF is mature, there's A LOT of people who are either young, verbal or cant hold their tongue (myself included). Last thing anyone wants to see is "[bleep]ing jagex, all they do is sit on their [bleep]ing arses, being [kitties] and not updating anything good" or some form of crap, uncensored.

Just depends, I guess the admins could do a weeks trial with most uncensored (with the explicit and racial words still [cabbagafied].)

Popoto.~<3

Always found it a bit silly. At least it's not 07 runescape's filter though. That one was *****y re***ulous.

I can understand blocking the words used for bigotry but the F word for example is harmless and actually useful in this day and age.

...Testing, 1 2 [bleep]ing 3, testing.

CNqWHdA.jpg

I'd rather see the F word censored then used as a filler word in sentences. How else is it useful, unless maybe you're talking about procreating?

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

Personally I get annoyed when the f-bomb gets thrown around so casually, even when the situation isn't that emotional. :unsure:

Plus I haven't seen too much being censored while trekking through the boards to begin with anyway. o.o

I'm happy to have the censor as it is. First of all, I really don't see the need in profanity. While there is nothing inherently wrong with the words themselves, the atmosphere is always a lot nicer when excessive profanity is banned. And I like that every once in a while, I can use a swearword in a certain situation because it'll get covered up. Doesn't really make sense in theory, but in practice I like it for whatever reason :P

At this point, the only profanity we have censored is the f-bomb and a collection of swear words that are really only used as insults.

[hide=Examples - Contains Profanity]

[wagon]

[bleep]

[rooster]

[bleep]

[bleep]

[wagon]

[bleep]

[bleep]

[racist term]

[kitty][/hide]

Those words have very few non-insulting uses. I don't see those as words you really need to use in casual conversation. I think we've uncensored all the ones that can be used like "shit," "damn," etc.

• Like 1

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

Considering our censor does only contain words which main use is for insults, and censored links, I don't see any need for removing it. We've removed an awful lot within the past year, but the remaining words just have no real use in conversation on a forum about RuneScape. If a post needs to contain the F word, then it shouldn't be posted at all. :thumbup:

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

RIP Michaelangelopolous

One thing that I do dislike is the fact that you can't post images that have swear words in the image link. I can't like some images from sites because the name of the image includes those words while the image doesn't.

One thing that I do dislike is the fact that you can't post images that have swear words in the image link. I can't like some images from sites because the name of the image includes those words while the image doesn't.

You could always reupload it somewhere else. I mean I know how that could be annoying, but does it really happen that often?

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

You could always reupload it somewhere else. I mean I know how that could be annoying, but does it really happen that often?

It happens more than I want it to when posting things like ragefaces and stuff. Especially since I haven't enough room to download larger images to my computer due to a lack of hard disk space.

It happens more than I want it to when posting things like ragefaces and stuff. Especially since I haven't enough room to download larger images to my computer due to a lack of hard disk space.

Most images have a really small file size. You really don't have enough room to download one image (and delete it right after you upload it)? And even if not, there are many image hosting sites that allow you to upload an image via a URL. So you put in the URL of the original image and then reupload it onto a new host. One example is imgur.

Posted Image

Most images have a really small file size. You really don't have enough room to download one image (and delete it right after you upload it)? And even if not, there are many image hosting sites that allow you to upload an image via a URL. So you put in the URL of the original image and then reupload it onto a new host. One example is imgur.

I was unaware of that. My hard drive usually has 0 bytes free though. =/

while i know most of runescpae loves to swear (alot of them being 12-13 year olds who go overboard because there mommy doesnt see them type it), i feel like if tif were to remove to censor there would need to be an age requirment to join, and thats just annoying. At least with the current system everyone can join and it is still somewhat civil.

"Happiness depends more on the inward disposition of mind than on outward circumstances."

Benjamin Franklin

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Albert Einstein

G%20I%20Jackass.png

G_I_Jackass.png

I'd love to see the censor gone completely (and fought hard for it) but half the staff is still living in ten years ago so I can't see it happening.

• Like 1

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

I'd love to see the censor gone completely (and fought hard for it) but half the staff is still living in ten years ago so I can't see it happening.

Given the opinions posted by non-staff members on this thread, it would seem as if a large portion of the community is as well then. Since we know that's not the case, I'd rather refrain from staff pot shots, thank you. :)

• Like 1

hzvjpwS.gif

I'm sure there's a way to alter the censor of the word so it is only censored when it is by itself and thus snigger would be allowed and not censored.

I wouldn't mind [garden tool] being uncensored as well but I'm just looking at the current list and the majority of the censor is just bad scam sites/words that are slander as tripsis listed.

Plus it's better to be able to say "This [bleep]ing sucks" and have the censor moderate the post for appropriateness than have no censor and then we have to remove a post for vulgar. I'm all for uncensoring any words that are commonly being used appropriately but I don't agree with the removal of the whole censor or uncensoring a word just because it's possible to have one barely used legitimate use.

Plus there's the fact that in Runescape you have the option of turning the censor on/off so users shouldn't be forced to have to deal with vulgarity in posts.

you could just replace the f bomb with "fun"

You know,

"What the fun!"

:D

"Well that's funny"

Only one I remembered being annoying was prick.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

Personally I think the censor is fine as it is. For me allowing the F-bomb would just lower the tone, though that's only down to my own views on swearing etc

Seems most things that are currently blocked all have very good reasons to be blocked anyway

• Like 1

safersbanner.png

Play Safe! smile.gif - Got useful information for the tip.it website? Post here!