Choose your fate for sizzling summer!

Arceus

Last week we announced the launch of our exciting Sizzling Summer event. Every day over the course of August and September, RuneScape members will receive a host of summer goodies, including a total of over 1 million XP, plus 91 additional bonus spins on the Squeal of Fortune. Add to this nine new customisation items, including a five-piece Tropical Islander outfit. All in all this totals up to a value of over $45!

Throughout the weekends in August and September, there will be a whole host of community events, and Yelps and Solomon will help celebrate Sizzling Summer on the Squeal of Fortune and the General Store.

If that wasn’t enough to get your summer juices flowing, today we announce the sizzling finale:Choose Your Fate!

Choose Your Fate is a selection of four of the most powerful rewards ever seen in RuneScape. Members for the entire Sizzling Summer (1st August GMT until 30th September GMT) will be able to choose a total of four of following rewards:

• Dodging death – This nifty reward lets you come back from the death and re-spawn with all your gear still intact and life points fully charged.
  • Emergency healing box – On your last legs? Don’t worry! Anyone who consumes the healing box will be healed instantly and restored to maximum life points. Better still, become a life-saver and use your healing box on your friend or clan member to heal them instead!
  • Instakill dart – You're fighting for your life in the God Wars Dungeon: your health is low, and you've chugged your last Saradomin brew, but your foe isn't letting up. The answer is here. The instakill dart will kill whatever target you face with one almighty hit!
  • Remote deposit box – Stuck in the middle of nowhere and need to empty your backpack quickly? Use your remote deposit box and - voila! - for 5 minutes, any player can use the deposit box to send items back to their bank.

Choose wisely - these items can only be used once and will expire on 31st December 2012.

The only way to get your hands on these elite items is by being a member for the whole of August and September.

These items will never be available through Solomon’s General Store or the Squeal of Fortune and will be non-tradable. With the exception of the remote deposit box, they cannot be used during PvP.

Which items will you choose? One of each item, a mix, or four of the same one? The choice is yours!

Make sure you don’t miss out on the million XP, bonus spins, awesome outfits and Choose your Fate rewards by becoming a member now!

The RuneScape Team

Please note: As with all upcoming updates, the details of the above are subject to change..

I fixed the horrendous font problems now. Sorry if the formatting is a little off as a result.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Well. The fact that they claim they will never be available through the SoF or SoloMon's General Store is encouraging.... assuming they keep that promise (highly likely imo), don't introduce some new cash shop that SELLS useful items such as this (I can't see this happening anytime soon, but in a year or two who knows) and assuming they don't later introduce new items that don't do the exact same thing. Which, again, I can't see happening soon, but I could see it happening eventually...

• Like 1

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

Isn't this already here?

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

Those are actually quite underwhelming since it's one use only. I think they would work better as once per week auras, even if they expire at the end of the year. The exp remains the biggest incentive.

In the current state of things, I'll probably get the dart for the fight kiln.

If the darts work on Jad, then... fight kiln and use all 4 darts to destroy the jads you have to fight. Hopefully don't mess up anywhere since its 1shot only.

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

Interesting, actually pretty happy with what they said about those rewards and the rewards themselves, I'll most likely get the dart, as for me personally, it will be the most useful.

What's this about the 91 spins of the SoF? Is that just totalling all the spins we'll receive over the two months? It doesn't seem that way because they've said 'bonus'.

ShadyAntics.png

So that's all it was, oh well fuss over nothing. I don't think I'll need to use any of the items and they'll likely just rot in bank until the expiration.

2480+ total

Interesting, actually pretty happy with what they said about those rewards and the rewards themselves, I'll most likely get the dart, as for me personally, it will be the most useful.

What's this about the 91 spins of the SoF? Is that just totalling all the spins we'll receive over the two months? It doesn't seem that way because they've said 'bonus'.

I do believe it is 31 spins for August (one extra/day) plus 60 for September (two extra spins per day) in addition to the daily spins.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

That's my firecapes sorted.

Needed/Wanted 3 for ages, in short term it'd be 1 to use, 1 for cape rack, 1 to open kiln. Long term the use cape will be for caperack completion ism once I get the fight kiln cape.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Please note: As with all upcoming updates, the details of the above are subject to change..

I could imagine them changing this:

These items will never be available through Solomon’s General Store or the Squeal of Fortune and will be non-tradable.
  • Like 1

Those rewards seem meh...the dart sounds interesting unless Jagex slap on some restrictions to prevent people using it on Jad or the KIln. Which sounds like a typical Jagex nerf in my experience. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

EDIT:

This sounds ominous inb4superrareSOFrewardInstakilldarts

Quest Cape Achieved 10/08/2012

TFU: Ruinous Edge

TFUsig2_zpsc5e7f1a4.png

A piece of glass in the sand under your feet, it cuts you deep and it makes you hate the beauty that you see.

Choose wisely - these items can only be used once and will expire on 31st December 2012.

So they're nearly useless in terms of long-term impact. That's relieving.

I'll probably dart a jad task or two and then use the remainder on nex solos on the night of their expiration.

VJH7N9F.png

zuzmo.png 

Anyone else notice they didnt announce any actual content for the next two months?

August BTS isn't due till next Wednesday, and the BTS video is due on friday. It's no wonder they haven't released news on that yet. It will come. You can come back and complain when the august bts is full of fluff. :) But please wait till the normal reveals have (or haven't but should've) happened :)

• Like 1

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

I'll probably dart a jad task or two and then use the remainder on nex solos on the night of their expiration.

how would you dart 2 if it can only be used once?

Feel free to post on my blog :D

You get to pick a total of 4 reward items, from the available 4 listed. I assume that since they are giving you a choice and there are only 4 items, this means you can choose multiple of a certain item.

Have the courage to change the things you can, the patience to accept the things you can't, and the wisdom to know the difference.

[/Quote]

You get to pick a total of 4 reward items, from the available 4 listed. I assume that since they are giving you a choice and there are only 4 items, this means you can choose multiple of a certain item.

Which items will you choose? One of each item, a mix, or four of the same one? The choice is yours!

Quest Cape Achieved 10/08/2012

TFU: Ruinous Edge

TFUsig2_zpsc5e7f1a4.png

A piece of glass in the sand under your feet, it cuts you deep and it makes you hate the beauty that you see.

Well that's where I'm getting my kiln cape from.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.