Well Known RWT'rs banned.

Fallstar

What is real-world trading?

Real-world trading is the term used for activities which occur outside of the game environment which result in the real-world sale or purchase of items, gp or services with the intention of supplying or advancing a Jagex in-game character other than by the means which are incorporated into the game.

This includes, but is not limited to: purchasing gold or items for RuneScape on 3rd party websites, buying a RuneScape account on 3rd party websites, paying someone to increase your account's experience (XP) and paying someone to complete quests and activities on your behalf.

This is Jagex's definition of RWT.

I.E. those guys RWT'd, Jagex doesn't.

Oh come on. That's the new, post SOFscape definition.

Are you honestly going to tell me that buying spins for 1M Agility xp/hr isn't RWT? That people can now buy spins, stock up on recharge gems and get a permanent 1.5X or 2X xp modifier isn't RWT?

These are huge in game advantages that require the player to purchase them with real money. Who cares if it isn't 'officially' RWT, when it is blatantly obvious to anyone who's played the game for a few days that it is?

I'm a bit late to the party, but all I'm reading here is semantics. People can buy membership awarding faster experience rates and money making methods. Of course you won't call this Real-World Trading, you'd call this a SERVICE. That's all Squeal of Fortune and Solomon's Store are in the end. The difference between Jagex offering services that can award Gp/Xp and Third-Parties is Jagex is offering services for a game they own intellectual rights to.

• Like 3

Tranquil.png

[2:21:46 PM] Baldvin | Leik: these comp reqs are so bad

[2:22:36 PM] Arceus Dark: Time to get...req'd?

"I saw it coming"

Even he knew that he deserved it, so why are some of you guys even trying to justify what he has done?

Saw a similar opinion in reddit. If you're a top earning gambling host, of course you'd see an impending RWT ban coming if you have no faith in Jagex as Starrychelx did. That is not a confession necessarily.

hzvjpwS.gif

Oh come on. That's the new, post SOFscape definition.

Are you honestly going to tell me that buying spins for 1M Agility xp/hr isn't RWT? That people can now buy spins, stock up on recharge gems and get a permanent 1.5X or 2X xp modifier isn't RWT?

These are huge in game advantages that require the player to purchase them with real money. Who cares if it isn't 'officially' RWT, when it is blatantly obvious to anyone who's played the game for a few days that it is?

I'm a bit late to the party, but all I'm reading here is semantics. People can buy membership awarding faster experience rates and money making methods. Of course you won't call this Real-World Trading, you'd call this a SERVICE. That's all Squeal of Fortune and Solomon's Store are in the end. The difference between Jagex offering services that can award Gp/Xp and Third-Parties is Jagex is offering services for a game they own intellectual rights to.

No, I think of membership as an expansion pack more than anything. In the members game, you still have to play content in game to be awarded the faster xp rates and gp rates. It's also at a reasonable cost - by paying £3.50/month, you received all the content.

SoF on the other hand, does not take place in game, and is ridiculously expensive. There are clear differences between the two.

Asmodean <3

SoF on the other hand, does not take place in game, and is ridiculously expensive. There are clear differences between the two.

So which application are you running in order to use the SoF? Do you close RuneScape to open SoF on FunOrb? Do you go to miniclip to play SoF?

:rolleyes:

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

So which application are you running in order to use the SoF? Do you close RuneScape to open SoF on FunOrb? Do you go to miniclip to play SoF?

:rolleyes:

Anyone else not like the "Jagex makes the game, therefore they make the rules" mentality? Rules should be established for a purpose. The reason for the RWT rule is to allow those who are more financially well off to have an in-game advantage. Jagex nullifies that objective with SoF. Sorry, but I feel no way obligated to follow rules that I don't agree with. I, and many others, are the reason Jagex is still around. Not the other way around.

w4M8t.png

I am amazed these people are not caught for tax avoidance (I know this has been discussed loads of times).

Well, there's a very simple reason why they haven't been "caught" for tax avoidance. Most of them are lying ... :lol:

nyuseg.png

so yeah, maybe they hock their loot for money

but i don't see how it plays into them condemning a game if they jump right into the filth with Jagex and exploit the players themselves, while still declaring the game to be bad, but not saying a word to their many customers how bad it is while they help them trade away their money for goods in this apparently awful game

but maybe it makes total sense or something

just grin and keep giving your money to the devil in the party hat rather than the one hiding behind jagex because their cause of self profit is more just than the other man's cause for self profit

in this case i'd use the analogy of the revolutionary who ends up seeking power for themselves rather than do anything about the problem

he's clearly chosen money over the people so he can confide with the money instead of us

8f14270694.jpg

Anyone else not like the "Jagex makes the game, therefore they make the rules" mentality? Rules should be established for a purpose. The reason for the RWT rule is to allow those who are more financially well off to have an in-game advantage. Jagex nullifies that objective with SoF. Sorry, but I feel no way obligated to follow rules that I don't agree with. I, and many others, are the reason Jagex is still around. Not the other way around.

Then you really have no right to complain when they decide to enforce the rules that you don't feel obliged to follow. The rule is there regardless of whether or not you agree with it, as is the ability for Jagex to enforce it.

Anyone else not like the "customer is always right" mentality? Jagex is taking an almost twelve year old game that's been on a downward spiral for the last three, and adapting it to fit current trends. What's your excuse?

Did any of them actually say they didn't deserve it or that the ban wasn't justified? None of them flat-out said they didn't RWT, and from what I've seen only Fishy was actually pissed at the fact he was banned. Starry saw it coming and almost welcomed it... Only seemed pissed at what the game had become, but then again who isn't...

With as much as they made off with, I'd expect their reactions to be...

a_brisk_walk_by_zeurel-d37tv1b.gif

• Like 2

09144a99bb.png

I am amazed these people are not caught for tax avoidance (I know this has been discussed loads of times).

Well, there's a very simple reason why they haven't been "caught" for tax avoidance. Most of them are lying ... paying taxes on it.

Anyone who's smart enough to build the connections to sell that much gold is smart enough to do some research of tax laws...

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

Did any of them actually say they didn't deserve it or that the ban wasn't justified? None of them flat-out said they didn't RWT, and from what I've seen only Fishy was actually pissed at the fact he was banned. Starry saw it coming and almost welcomed it... Only seemed pissed at what the game had become, but then again who isn't...

The delivery does not match the desired message.

hzvjpwS.gif

Then you really have no right to complain when they decide to enforce the rules that you don't feel obliged to follow. The rule is there regardless of whether or not you agree with it, as is the ability for Jagex to enforce it.

Anyone else not like the "customer is always right" mentality? Jagex is taking an almost twelve year old game that's been on a downward spiral for the last three, and adapting it to fit current trends. What's your excuse?

I think you missed the point, which is that rules should be established for a purpose. What is the purpose of the RWT rule?

Also a business should serve its customers. Finally, I'm not against the micro transactions model. It easily generates significant revenue. With that said, I wouldn't consider Jagex to have always made what I would consider great ethical decisions. The fact of the matter is that the company tried to perform the noble deed of ridding the game of bots and RWT by removing free trade. This basically diminished the value of the game, and many customers were lost. The company was heading for bankruptcy.

In order reclaim lost customers, Jagex reintroduced free trade. This reintroduce bots in full force, which in turn generated revenue for Jagex. Jagex let this go on for a while before taking action, but not without something to supplement the loss. Jagex introduced SoF as a way to continue to meet their financial needs while reducing bots.

Great, grand, wonderful. But why battle RWT? Because it opens up the cost to a fair market. It is much more cost effect to purchase gold from a third party than it is spins from Jagex. And this is why the battle continues

Maybe a little bit of a conspiracy theory-ish, but I'd love to here other arguments why the rule still exists?

w4M8t.png

I'm just going at it from a purely pragmatic standpoint. The rule exists, they're going to ban people for breaking it. :razz:

Whether or not it should exist is something for our many would-be lawyers to work out. I'm just playing devil's advocate.

If i had to make an argument against it, I'd just say that I don't like what it's done to the community - Gambling is significantly better money than actually playing the game, and a lot of people play the game to make money. I don't have any problems with microtransactions as a whole, but these gambling groups are essentially a more dishonest (See: every argument against gambling, ever) and more profitable version of the scammers that the Pmod community fought pre-free trade removal, and they're getting thousands of dollars out of it.

I agree that gambling has ruined the community, but Jagex has plenty of ways of getting rid of gambling. I don't get why they don't get rid of the randomness of colors. Make it always go in a particular order. Or always red.

People might find other ways to gamble, but chances are they could combat those as well.

I suspect there are reasons Jagex has kept gambling around in some form or fashion. That, or their team of engineers and developers are so thick it is a miracle that we have any quality content. I'm going to go with the former.

w4M8t.png

Well, they've re-rationalized the RWT rule, so that its purpose is no longer to stop rich players irl from buying their way ahead of others, but rather s to protect players from potentially being scammed in trust trades, and maybe reduce account theft and the like.

Weak, I know, but that's the new purpose of the RWT rule.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Well, they've re-rationalized the RWT rule, so that its purpose is no longer to stop rich players irl from buying their way ahead of others, but rather s to protect players from potentially being scammed in trust trades, and maybe reduce account theft and the like.

The original version was Andrew's rule. This new version rule smells of Disney-scape ... :rolleyes:

nyuseg.png

The original version was Andrew's rule. This new version rule smells of Disney-scape ... :rolleyes:

It's still their rule now, whether we like it or not :P

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

I can't confirm this, but it looks like jagex may have Already locked fishys new fc "cam". I say this because about a day and a half ago it was ranked on high scores, and now is not. It is possible he just transferred the name though

1sfKV.png

FC is still open, dunno about the account.

[bleep] OFF HOW ARE U SO [bleep]ING LUCKY U PIECE OF [bleep]ING SHIT [bleep] [bleep] [wagon] MUNCHER