Well Known RWT'rs banned.

Fallstar

Can anyone sum the video up in text format so I don't have to hear his voice?

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Basically he admits he rwt but that they didn't have evidence but now they do, with his face attached to it, so enjoy to real world police coming for you!

Archermanme.png
Quest Cape Achieved on November 14, 2007

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

GG $60K... If i was in his position and knew I was getting banned, I would try to liquidate too. Guess we will see how long it takes until he gives up on making new accounts.

Peace,

Vann

- the "everybody did it"- excuse

- the "they didn't care then, but now they do care?!" -excuse

- the "you'd have done the same" -excuse

- he also said that Jagex has not a single evidence of him RWTing, yet he admitted in the video, that he has RWT'ed (Not sure if stupid or troll)

- he also said that Jagex has not a single evidence of him RWTing, yet he admitted in the video, that he has RWT'ed (Not sure if stupid or troll)

By now it's too late to get his accs back, so there's really no harm in coming 'clean'.

But I do agree with your first 3 points, it's really him trying to justify his actions with the same poor excuses everyone uses.

I really don't like how he says he's sure that Jagex had no evidence against him. Obviously there was some because Jagex always errs on the side of caution. Naturally, evidence can be 'wrong' in the sense that they perm'd his friends that he was transfering GP to assuming it was RWT, but to say Jagex had no evidence whatsoever seems to be a gross underestimating of Jagex.

All I hear is confirmation that they left his account to find more mules/more involved parties...but they automated it and their system sucks still, which is why his friends got hit too after his account was unlocked.

Honestly he effectively makes them seem demonic because of Jagex's silence on the subject. Meh.

hzvjpwS.gif

Does no one else think it's a bit dodgy that Skiller was told Fishy and Starry were going to be banned shortly? So much for a player's account status being between them and Jagex eh.

There's also the question of whether or not they would have done detectable RWT if it wasn't for being told that. I mean we know now that he was using rank fees and weeklies for undetectable RWT, but that's besides the point. If JMods hadn't leaked information about his account status to other players, they wouldn't have any evidence RWT was occurring.

Asmodean <3

I think perhaps Skiller was either very close to a jmod that has a position he'd know that, or he was going on a wild guess as to what would happen to them. Pmods don't get details about other people's accounts.

I think perhaps Skiller was either very close to a jmod that has a position he'd know that, or he was going on a wild guess as to what would happen to them. Pmods don't get details about other people's accounts.

Exactly. It's just another case of a Jmod being unprofessional in dealing with company secrets. Just like a certain member of this community who claims to have recieved advanced info on updates. It's not the accepted practice, but it happens.

Many people look at JMods as gods, and maybe that has to do with the age of the community, their god-like status in game, or something else I am completely unaware of. JMods are mainly customer support reps, which within the company I am at, and most companies, is the bottom of the totem pole.

A little off topic:

A previous company I was at made a new policy that all their engineers had to do one year of customer support before they could be promoted higher into the company. (Obviously there were exceptions) The reasoning behind this was to help develop an understanding for the company, and I also heard it was an attempt to reduce turn around. Coincidentally, it had the opposite affect, and right before I left they threw out the policy. I didn't agree with any of it, or really the direction of the company.

Story time over...

Anyway, my point is that most JMods aren't the type of people that, within a company, you would trust with access or knowledge or whatever. Most of them are probably just looking to get ahead in the company and get a foot in the door. Or they were runescape players themselves, and they feel the need to devote more of their life to this game.

w4M8t.png

Fishy is an idiot

xcsx7c.png | 3gliP.jpg | 51y5tv.png  |  8mO5K.jpg

A Blog to Bathtubs for Beginners
Quest Cape | 99 Defence Achieved 11-Jul-2011 17:41 | 99 Prayer 11-Jul-2012 | 99 Constitution 02-Aug-2012

99 Attack 31/10/2012 | 99 Dungeoneering 31/10/2012 | 99 Strength 31/10/2012 | 99 Magic 2/12/2012

99 Range 16/12/2012 | 99 Herblore 25/12/2012 | 99 Summoning 4/1/2013 | 99 Firemaking 6/3/2013

99 Farming 10/4/2013 | 99 Slayer 11/7/2013 | 99 Fletching 21/8/2013  |  99 Smithing 22/8/2013 

99 Crafting 19/12/2013  |  99 Cooking 15/1/2014  |  99 Agility 25/1/2014  |  99 Thieving 01/02/2014

99 Construction 21/04/2014  |  99 Woodcutting 04/03/2014  |  99 Fishing 17/04/2014  |  99 Mining 23/07/2015

99 Divination 27/07/2015  |  99 Runecrafting 20/08/2015  |  99 Hunter 20/08/2015  | Maxed 20/08/2015

Was the sob story music seriously necessary for what amounts to a "brb guys going to contact youtube support" video? And then to encourage other users to get flagged for copyright infringement also rather than actually doing something meaningful and gathering those who were affected by Jagex's abuse of the system and bringing it to people's attention in a meaningful way. You know, not going "we're the only hope you have left for runescape guys ;_;"

I just...I really don't understand. At all. Why do so many people worship these inconsistent, inconsiderate people?

Meh.

hzvjpwS.gif

Why do so many people worship these inconsistent, inconsiderate people?

I blame Paris Hilton and Lindsey Lohan.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

To be fair, they're not really painting themselves as anything other than carefree celebrities. Fishy here seems to be involved in a serious and important revolutionary struggle.

I can hear the rallying cry now... "I made thousands of dollars off of 13 year old gambling addicts! Help me make even more money (And struggle against corporate greed) by keeping this channel open!"

• Like 2

Anyway, my point is that most JMods aren't the type of people that, within a company, you would trust with access or knowledge or whatever. Most of them are probably just looking to get ahead in the company and get a foot in the door. Or they were runescape players themselves, and they feel the need to devote more of their life to this game.

To be fair the majority of the Community Management Jagex Moderators (the people that deal head player moderators and the forums) are interns or atleast a fair amount.

Speaking as a former player moderator, the interns are actually some of the people that seem to care the most as well. When I first got my crown in 08' I was very close to a jmod named Mod Fran who was just interning at jagex for work experience in gaming customer support area. I still remember celebrating when she finally got her license as she never had a need for one until she moved to Cambridge XD. What this means is there is a fair amount of not caring strictly for the code of silence, especially when jmods are on their "choobs" (typically what they call their normal, nonjagex account).

Rogie (Skiller) was close to quite a few of the jmods when I still had my crown so wouldn't be surprised if he offhandly got the information from a jmod playing on their choob. People might be surprised at that there are a handful of jmods in community management that play runescape and actually are high levels. One jmod actually use to be in the top 15 most experience in Runescape for awhile and still is in the top 50.

Also there have been atleast two times that a player moderator has gone from a normal moderator, to a dual moderator (forum+player), to working for hjagex (triple mod XD?). One player moderator actually climbed so high he actually became Head of Pmods in community management. I think now he has moved onto the content testing team now though.

And to finish up my story, I actually have a screenshot from a larger moderator meeting where the head of community management (corner office guy) was getting on to address us and either Mod Emilee or Mod Poppy literally said "brb going to show him how to log in."

So what I'm getting at is there is a fair amount of connection between community management jmods and the players, especially more known players. But at the same time there is a bit of disconnect between management and the players.

So is it surprising something like this was "leaked?" Not at all, just the nature of things. Does management care? I'd honestly don't think they would.

Now as to the current topic of Fishy videos... :boohoo:

siggy_zps7b2911b4.png

I blame the Kardashians.

Fishy is your average teenager trying to find a sense of importance in the world, unfortunately, he is also your average pathetic, self-centered teenager, which means he doesn't understand that not a lot of people give a flying [bleep] about him. I hope they close him down for good and he cries some more and in a year he will be another person who noone remembers, because hes actions are actually of no significance.

purekilljoy.png

"could end up being my last video"

We can dream.

• Like 2

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

We need a poster. Requesting someone with photoshop skills to make a Che-esque poster with fishy's face.

[hide]1y4Lp.png[/hide]

[bleep] OFF HOW ARE U SO [bleep]ING LUCKY U PIECE OF [bleep]ING SHIT [bleep] [bleep] [wagon] MUNCHER

By now it's too late to get his accs back, so there's really no harm in coming 'clean'.

But I do agree with your first 3 points, it's really him trying to justify his actions with the same poor excuses everyone uses.

I really don't like how he says he's sure that Jagex had no evidence against him. Obviously there was some because Jagex always errs on the side of caution. Naturally, evidence can be 'wrong' in the sense that they perm'd his friends that he was transfering GP to assuming it was RWT, but to say Jagex had no evidence whatsoever seems to be a gross underestimating of Jagex.

You're so wrong in so many ways. You really have no idea. Jagex, in most cases, had no evidence that any of these players were involved with RWT by any means. The only thing they had was large amounts of money (gp) disappearing off their accounts how ever often they chose to sell. This is nothing more than a suggestion that RWT might be a possibility, or another being that they are just very generous and like to give their money to random people across Runescape.

I find it rather sad though, how Jagex is handling this whole situation. It's really immature, and should have ended long ago. That money could have literally gone anywhere.

Also, i really do hope they take Fishy to court, along with the rest of the people in his clan. If they want to make an example of how serious they take RWT, they now have the perfect chance.