New to Solomon�s General Store: Introducing...Skill-Fu!

Ruinous Edge

We seem to get as many rwt updates as real updates to game content. As for the update to the game, content has declined in quality in the last while. I'm hoping optimistcally that this is due to them busy with combat beta and not because they are busy programming more rwt emotes and titles

lcchs.png

lcchs.png

Teaser for new D&D -> Update to Solomon Store = Jagex Logic

While I'm not going to get all fussy if we are going to a bi-weekly schedule, or if Jagex needs to just strait up skip a week every once in a while (or once a month like they used to), then that's cool. But maybe let us know rather than pretending to have an update when you really don't.

Teaser for new D&D -> Update to Solomon Store = Jagex Logic

While I'm not going to get all fussy if we are going to a bi-weekly schedule, or if Jagex needs to just strait up skip a week every once in a while (or once a month like they used to), then that's cool. But maybe let us know rather than pretending to have an update when you really don't.

I like patch notes. I would prefer if the Squeel/Solomon didn't act like whole updates though, but I like that it causes more patch notes to occur.

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

• Simon Templeton will now accept noted artefacts.

What's the main update doing at the bottom of the page?

Because that's not the main update. This is:

• Members now have the option to toggle the in-game navigation bar on or off in resizeable and full-screen modes, using the Graphics Options screen.

It's still at the bottom of the page, though, which is odd.

• Like 1

• Members now have the option to toggle the in-game navigation bar on or off in resizeable and full-screen modes, using the Graphics Options screen.

the only thing abut this update that i care for lol. if you had not posted it i would have. also 1,111 posts :razz:

~~~legoman187~~~

nee0cg.png

Clicky siggy for blog

Thanks Pendonub for fancy new sig

Thieving guide[WIP]

Loyal player since May 2005 and member since November 2005 and Tifer for many years

~~~legoman187~~~

Hooray for more RWT content :D

RWT=/= micro transactions.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

Now THAT'S a microtransaction I would pay for!

Please don't support RWT whether sanctioned by Jagex or not!

Otherwise we'll all be expected to pony up more cash instead of questing to eventually visit Prifddinas or any other content that's long overdue for an update. Insight Venture Partners is killing the goose that laid the golden eggs with all these microtransactions. What's more, they appear to be fully aware of it. They seem to be doing everything possible to extract cash from long-time playing members, taking their very sweet time on seriously addressing the bot issue. They only appear to want short-term return on investment, knowing they're accelerating the demise of the overall game.

I claim the SoF spins most everyday simply because they're there. I would take the moral stand of refusing to even use the free spins, but then I have to keep dismissing the popup upon login, and let's face it, free stuff is nice, especially when faced with an unlevel playing field against scammers, botters, gold farmers, and bug exploiters. Technically, I may be violsting the rules somewhat in that I've long since abandoned my own character and now help my hubby with skilling so he can focus on PvM/Dungeoneering.

We hope the game will one day return to the fun, hopelessly addictive game our kids introduced us to 6 years ago. But we know that's probably wishful thinking. The massive price fluctuations caused by Jagex's own hand over the past couple years such as inflating values of climbing boots and furies overnight, while causing a crash with Seers' and Archers' rings for instance is even more annoying to me than yesterdays erasing of my advantage in completing the Dealing With Scabaras quest.

Again, please don't provide any financial support to Jagex/IVP beyond your regular monthly membership. I'm tempted to cancel hubby's account due to the breach of trust over RWT and no advertisements for members.

ciabelle.png

RWT=/= micro transactions.

Pay a relatively small amount of real world currency to a RWTer; get lots of Runescape GP in return, or skill levels, quests completed, or other rewards (IE Fire cape)

Pay a relatively small amount of real world currency to Jagex; get extra cash, Xp lamps, rare items (both useful and cosmetic)

Nope. No similarity at all! /s

ciabelle.png

Now THAT'S a microtransaction I would pay for!

Please don't support RWT whether sanctioned by Jagex or not!

Otherwise we'll all be expected to pony up more cash instead of questing to eventually visit Prifddinas or any other content that's long overdue for an update. Insight Venture Partners is killing the goose that laid the golden eggs with all these microtransactions. What's more, they appear to be fully aware of it. They seem to be doing everything possible to extract cash from long-time playing members, taking their very sweet time on seriously addressing the bot issue. They only appear to want short-term return on investment, knowing they're accelerating the demise of the overall game.

I claim the SoF spins most everyday simply because they're there. I would take the moral stand of refusing to even use the free spins, but then I havce to keep dismissing the popup upon login, and let's face it, free stuff is nice, especially when faced with an unlevel playing field against scammers, botters, gold farmers, and bug exploiters. Technically, I may be violsting the rules somewhat in that I've long since abandoned my own character and now help my hubby with skilling so he can focus on PvM/Dungeoneering.

We hope the game will one day return to the fun, hopelessly addictive game our kids introduced us to 6 years ago. But we know that's probably wishful thinking. The massive price fluctuations caused by Jagex's own hand over the past couple years such as inflating values of climbing boots and furies overnight, while causing a crash with Seers' and Archers' rings for instance is even more annoying to me than yesterdays erasing of my advantage in completing the Dealing With Scabaras quest.

Again, please don't provide any financial support to Jagex/IVP beyond your regular monthly membership. I'm tempted to cancel hubby's account due to the breach of trust over RWT and no advertisements for members.

Botting measures tend to require a bit more thinking than a normal update, seeing that you have people that are actively trying to undermine that update. Let's face it, though, a full blown bot nuke is long overdue.

As for the game returning to its original state, be careful what you wish for. Sometimes the "same old thing" becomes tiring, and no matter how hard the developers try, the game is just not fun anymore. I know WoW comparisons have been overused around here, but they have had the same problem, where long-time subscribers have unsubscribed because they've played the game for 6 or more years.

22031_s.gif

It's disappointing and unfortunate that they have time to make completely new and polished animations if you buy them, yet have the old and ugly normal ones in game without caring about them.

To be fair, a lot of these new animations are just too silly to be the regular animations. Case in point: Headbutt Mining.

It's disappointing and unfortunate that they have time to make completely new and polished animations if you buy them, yet have the old and ugly normal ones in game without caring about them.

To be fair, a lot of these new animations are just too silly to be the regular animations. Case in point: Headbutt Mining.

They could have made more serious ones in roughly the same amount of time.

Solomon was added 1 month ago and it already had 4 related updates there.

Squeal of Fortune was added 5 months ago and it already had 14 related updates there.

During these being in game we havent had single update to Loyalty shop which im mostly looking forward because of alot of points laying unused.

now we got latest update being 100% of solomon content...ofcourse they need to add something that also are accessible without paying for it so they throw 1 free thing there so they can say its not all cash content....same with sof by giving f2p 1 spin and few junk items in table.

They could been added that solomon junk to loyalty shop for those who willing to wait some time to get them without paying extra cash to get immediately.

I don't think anyone posted patch notes.

Graphical:
• Bears have animations again.
• Magic Carpet journeys have been reworked to hang and jump less often.
• Some cracks on the ground near the Avatar of Destruction during Nomad's Requiem are no longer too bright with bloom enabled.
• The Seal of Approval emote no longer glitches whilst trying to teleport away.
• Several blocking tiles have been made non-blocking.
• Areas during the Another Slice of HAM quest are no longer bright white with bloom enabled.
• Throwing a stick for a pet rock now works correctly.
Quests & Tasks:
• The Fish Flingers icon no longer appears in Piscatoris during the Swan Song quest.
• Players are no longer told, erroneously, that they were awarded 2 Squeal of Fortune spins from completing the extra section of Glorious Memories.
Skills & Minigames:
•The Court Clerk will now state which cases have been solved.
• Making an ally wait in the Signature Heroes Fremennik Saga will no longer cause their health to fully restore.
Other:
•Anagogic orts and Strange rocks are now given more reliably when mining Bane ore and Red sandstone.
• The Clan Avatar 3% buff is now reapplied more consistently when it returns from being hidden.
• The Clan Avatar handbooks have been added to player's bookcases in their Player Owned House.
• Some Clan Avatar-related quickchat messages have been added.
• The "Get job" option on the Clan Quartermaster has been removed.
• The Ring of visibility now protects on death.
• The Master Invigorate aura can once again be reclaimed.
• Messages displayed by the Achievement Banner have been slowed.
• The "You cannot use cosmetic gear in PvP areas" message has been added to the in-game spam filter.
• Several more weapons can now be overridden using the weapon overrides from Solomon's General Store.
• Monkey Barrels no longer state that they can be reclaimed from Diango.
• Sounds have been added to the Gielinor Games Silver and Gold torch emotes.
• The Clan Avatar expiry timer (where Avatar Wardens log out without dismissing the Clan Avatar first) has been reduced from 24 to 6 hours.

Barrows: 9~2 V Brass,V Flail,2 Dh Plate,V Helm,V Skirt,T Legs,Malevolent Shield DKing: 48~6 W Ring,13 A Ring,8 M Staff,9 S Ring,7 B Ring,3 Seercull
Dragon Drops: 500+~50+ Med,26 Axe,3 Chain,10+ Legs,10+ Spear,2 D2h,10+ L Half,49 Boots,2 DDs,10+ Lump,9 Claws,50+ Dagger,14 Visage,50+ Mace,4 Scimitar,7 Hasta,Baxe,50+ Long,30+ Royal,2 Kite,4 Ward,2 Plate,Staff,Hammer,Limbs, Mattock,Halberd
GWD: 156~4 S Staff,50+ Shard,9 B Tass,13 B Plate,5 B Boots,6 A Plate,11 S Sword,8 A Hilt,4 A Skirt,9 A Helm,S Hilt,3 B Hilt,B Glove,2 A Buckler,Z Ward,Z Garb,2 Z Boots,B Shield,B Helm

Corp: 3~Elysian,2 Sp Sh Nex: 6~Torva Legs,Cere,P cowl,Z bow,2 T boots + GWD2: 9~2 Glaive,Wand,2 Crest,Blade,2 Essence,Core Araxyte: 5~Web,3 Pheromone,Fang + Raids: 4~3 Codex,P Boots  + Trails: 2~Bob Shirt,Fortunate

Etc: 64~3 Sceptre,B Mask,16 Whip,2 Focus Sight,5 D Bow,7 SOL,Ragefire,2 Steadfast,Arma Staff,6 Rider Armor,5 Vine,2 Razorback,2 A Wand,Abby Orb,3 Blood Shard,6 Hydrix,Gland,Asc Xbow
[spoiler=Capes]Quest Cape Aquired 12-7-07 ~ Level 93 + + + Completionist Cape Aquired 5-22-15 ~ Level 138
Hitpoints Cape Aquired 9-21-09 ~ Level 131 + Magic Cape Aquired 9-24-09 Attack Cape Aquired 3-5-10 ~ Level 135 Summoning Cape Aquired 3-12-10

Strength Cape Aquired 6-1-11 ~ Level 137 Fire Cape Aquired 6-23-11 Defence Cape Aquired 7-5-11 + Ranged Cape Aquired 8-1-11 Kiln Cape Aquired 2-26-12 ~ Level 138
Dungeoneering Cape Aquired 4-22-12 + Slayer Cape Aquired 6-25-14 ~ Level 200 + Herblore Cape Acquired 12-9-14 ~ Level 138 Prayer Cape Acquired 12-20-14
Agility Cape Acquired 1-4-15 + Hunter Cape Acquired 1-30-15 Construction Cape Acquired 1-31-15 Crafting Cape Acquired 2-22-15 Thieving Cape Acquired 3-18-15
Runecrafting Cape Acquired 4-14-15 Mining Cape Acquired 4-19-15 Fishing Cape Acquired 4-25-15 Firemaking Cape Acquired 4-26-15 Woodcutting Cape Acquired 4-26-15
Cooking Cape Acquired 4-26-15Smithing Cape Acquired 4-28-15 Farming Cape Acquired 4-29-15 Divination Cape Acquired 5-3-15 Dungeoneering Mastery 5-4-15
Fletching Cape Acquired 5-4-15 Max Cape Acquired 5-4-15 + Invention Cape Acquired 11-9-16 Invention Mastery 5-16-19 + Archaeology Cape Acquired 10-30-20

Botting measures tend to require a bit more thinking than a normal update, seeing that you have people that are actively trying to undermine that update. Let's face it, though, a full blown bot nuke is long overdue.

True. But when you can log into any world f2p or p2p, head to the entrance of the G/E at any time day or night and get spammed by at least two bots advertising gold trading sites, usually by players whose screen names look like a cat jumped on the keyboard. When you can't even see the ground at the red chinchompas for all the bots laying traps (see also: green dragons, yaks) there is a major problem which shouldn't take an unreasonable amount of effort to fix: Hmm, player signs up for new account or logs into existing acct from new IP changes password and s/n then heads straight to G/E, does no trading, training or anything other than posting a cryptic message every 2 seconds. Let's flag this account for review!

If anything, they seem to be working on applying a band-aid to a mortal flesh wound in announcing that hunters will soon be able to access instanced hunting grounds alone or with invited friends.

As for the game returning to its original state, be careful what you wish for. Sometimes the "same old thing" becomes tiring, and no matter how hard the developers try, the game is just not fun anymore. I know WoW comparisons have been overused around here, but they have had the same problem, where long-time subscribers have unsubscribed because they've played the game for 6 or more years.

I'm not suggesting that all content be rolled back to the release of the Animal Magnetism quest, and nothing since. That would be irritating. But how about trying to analyze what has really caused the members, and total users to plummet over the past couple years and try to re-ignite that interest within the community. The added clan support has helped to an extent, but may have also created new problems by sequestering the most socially active players into their own citadels, leaving the main game filled with solo'ers, afk'ers and bots.

For all the improvements to the game, the game engine, and graphics since then, there have also been plenty of things introduced that have removed too much of the challenge of the game. Remember when you could get stuck in the dungeon beneath Entrana, and if you forgot teleport runes and the means of making armor, you'd have to take the portal into the deep wilderness unarmed, and with no prayer points? Now you've got unlimited free home teleports to bail you out, and confirming things in the Lost City quest guide, apparently the portal now sends you to the safety of Draynor. Sure it makes the game more n00b beginner friendly, but aside from taking on Nex or one of the other major bosses in the game, there's very little sense of peril involved, thus less to become emotionally drawn toward. Oh no! I lost my dragon platebody at the Queen Black Dragon! I only have 10-15 minutes to use the home tele to Port Sarim and walk 2-3 screens over to my gravestone to retrieve it and everything else I was carrying. Guess I'd better hurry while I make that pot of coffee if I don't want to have to re-purchase my gear!

• Like 3
ciabelle.png

That's annoying, as i have been saving runecoins from larger purchase packages.. since I didn't want a lot of the items, but don't want to end up paying more per coin...

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

Meh I suppose I'd better use up those 200 free ones.

Inb4 "Over 90% of players have purchased something with runecoins so we are now rolling out even more shit rather than quests, stories and monsters"

• Like 3

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

So the real updates are in the Patch Notes yet again....

And Gwyn...

inb4 the Eastern Lands are fully microtransaction content

For the love of God I hope you're wrong... But I have a feeling you're right. Same as I think 120DG thing will be fully microtransaction too.

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

2672nd person to reach 2496 total.
Thanks to Wicked for the awesome siggy :D

Apparently RuneCoins, like spins, will expire after not being consumed for a period of time.

[qfc]14-15-320-63947714[/qfc]

Not even Microsoft does this. Hell I don't even think Zynga did that.

A new low for Jagex.

• Like 1

hzvjpwS.gif

Well, goes to show how useless/stupid a company Jagex is :P.

Note to mmo builders: give your players shares in the company if you care about the game (or just don't sell out).

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

True. But when you can log into any world f2p or p2p, head to the entrance of the G/E at any time day or night and get spammed by at least two bots advertising gold trading sites, usually by players whose screen names look like a cat jumped on the keyboard. When you can't even see the ground at the red chinchompas for all the bots laying traps (see also: green dragons, yaks) there is a major problem which shouldn't take an unreasonable amount of effort to fix: Hmm, player signs up for new account or logs into existing acct from new IP changes password and s/n then heads straight to G/E, does no trading, training or anything other than posting a cryptic message every 2 seconds. Let's flag this account for review!

If anything, they seem to be working on applying a band-aid to a mortal flesh wound in announcing that hunters will soon be able to access instanced hunting grounds alone or with invited friends.

Have you ever had a major ant infestation, or any other critter invasion? You can't just put down a scanner to search for ants on the ground (as cool at that would be), then kill them, they'll just replace their losses and it would look like you did jack-all. Instead, you find the hive and kill the queen.

This is the same problem we are having here. The botters can replace their losses within an hour, and the place looks just as bad as it started. Remember this? Look at what happens to world 8 after the bots are muted at 44 seconds.

Instead of banning all those bots only for them to come back, how about you find the queen first, or even better, make the conditions in her hive unlivable. In other words, break their programs.

I'm not suggesting that all content be rolled back to the release of the Animal Magnetism quest, and nothing since. That would be irritating. But how about trying to analyze what has really caused the members, and total users to plummet over the past couple years and try to re-ignite that interest within the community. The added clan support has helped to an extent, but may have also created new problems by sequestering the most socially active players into their own citadels, leaving the main game filled with solo'ers, afk'ers and bots.

For all the improvements to the game, the game engine, and graphics since then, there have also been plenty of things introduced that have removed too much of the challenge of the game. Remember when you could get stuck in the dungeon beneath Entrana, and if you forgot teleport runes and the means of making armor, you'd have to take the portal into the deep wilderness unarmed, and with no prayer points? Now you've got unlimited free home teleports to bail you out, and confirming things in the Lost City quest guide, apparently the portal now sends you to the safety of Draynor. Sure it makes the game more n00b beginner friendly, but aside from taking on Nex or one of the other major bosses in the game, there's very little sense of peril involved, thus less to become emotionally drawn toward. Oh no! I lost my dragon platebody at the Queen Black Dragon! I only have 10-15 minutes to use the home tele to Port Sarim and walk 2-3 screens over to my gravestone to retrieve it and everything else I was carrying. Guess I'd better hurry while I make that pot of coffee if I don't want to have to re-purchase my gear!

And this is my theory on what caused the second major loss of members, after the Dec 10 2007 updates: this game, along with its players, are growing up and getting older. Even if IVP is ousted and the SOF is removed along with other forms of microtransactions, the players that have been here since the start will realize that this game is not for them anymore.

EDIT: Have to share this locked thread. FYI, Mod Crow is the one that gave misguided information on Runecoins expiring.

[qfc]14-15-141-63956719[/qfc]

22031_s.gif

Runecoins expire? >.> I wanted to save my 200.

I like the new skill animations, too bad they cost money and I'll never get them. It's annoying how they release all these cash shop updates but there's barely any game content being added. If we're lucky it's the EoC causing this...

2480+ total