Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Sizzling September!

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

Kimberly
[ Display Name History ]

Kimberly

Retired Staff

• Members
  • 12,325 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Kimberly
  • RSN2:Dorelei

Well if sea slugs can control your mind just by attaching to your head..imagine what a sea squid can do wrapping around your body.

"I've seen enough..." etc etc etc

Wait. What, exactly, does a squid have to do with September?

Because they live in the ocean, and the ocean is totally rad in the summer time m i rite

hzvjpwS.gif

Hedgehog
[ Display Name History ]

Hedgehog

???

• Monster Hunting Team Leader
  • 7,789 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
They both start with s.

HunterDexter
[ Display Name History ]

HunterDexter

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,625 posts
For months there has been a complete lack at exciting updates, now in September I go on a roadtrip, and they announce a great month. Monkeyballs :s

Tim
[ Display Name History ]

Tim

Eternal Session of Sound

• Members
  • 8,848 posts
  • RSN '07:Derplander
Wasn't sept' the eta release date for EoC? surprised it wasn't announced (or its been pushed back)

2 quests does sound nice, and atm I can think of a good use for the 4 instakill darts: QBD, Jad and Kiln.

Popoto.~<3

Platinum_Myr
[ Display Name History ]

Platinum_Myr

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,604 posts
  • RSN:Serena Sedai
  • RSN2:Fyora Serena
  • Clan:The Knighted Angels

Wasn't sept' the eta release date for EoC? surprised it wasn't announced (or its been pushed back)

2 quests does sound nice, and atm I can think of a good use for the 4 instakill darts: QBD, Jad and Kiln.

1) I am pretty sure they pushed it back due to many issues that we have asked as a community they would please clean up.
2) I would hope the insta-kill darts don't work on boss type scenarios for quest or quest like minigames. It is bad enough they might work against the bosses, and they are pointless if they only work against non-boss mobs.

We don't know the restrictions of the kiln darts yet, but that would be pretty OP if they could work at jad/kiln

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

Cheefoo
[ Display Name History ]

Cheefoo

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,811 posts
  • RSN:Cheefoo
  • Clan:HYT
They said EoC would be released "at earliest in September". As long as we get it this year, I'm happy. Better late and great than early and... hurly. I really hope they rework the sounds and hit effects. It still isn't clear to me exactly when my abilities are missing, and the sounds effects aren't satisfying enough to me
Posted Image
I LOVE MY STATION

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101
00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

Lose No Hope
[ Display Name History ]

Lose No Hope

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,864 posts
  • RSN:Lose No Hope
  • Clan:DGS
I hope it gets pushed back. It would mean more time for me to slay and dg before the update :P

Alg
[ Display Name History ]

Alg

Troll General

• Editorial Panel
  • 10,880 posts

They said EoC would be released "at earliest in September". As long as we get it this year, I'm happy. Better late and great than early and... hurly. I really hope they rework the sounds and hit effects. It still isn't clear to me exactly when my abilities are missing, and the sounds effects aren't satisfying enough to me

I'm hopign they get around to updating the weapon graphics too. You've got spectacular animations for weapons that look like they could be made of play-dough. Some of those models are something like 8 years old now.

Urza285
[ Display Name History ]

Urza285

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,133 posts
  • RSN:Urza285
  • RSN2:Urza285
  • Clan:Looking: com/skiller
Yeah I'm hoping for it to get pushed back too... Not going to get 120 dung the way its looking.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [In Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

A_Gardener
[ Display Name History ]

A_Gardener

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 189 posts
  • RSN:A Gardener
  • Clan:Primacy
The concept of sticking to any 'lore' seems to have been forgotten with a lot of the Solomon/Yelps-related updates. It's understandable that as time goes on, new parts of the lore are fabricated and added; however, a lot of the recent stuff seems to be a far cry from 'reasonable'.

I'm not really too fussed; I won't be wearing the cape anyway but it seems a shame.

strilmus
[ Display Name History ]

strilmus

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,910 posts
Lore? We have fish hats already. It's not like a squid riding on your back's going to break reality.

8f14270694.jpg

Zerker_Jane
[ Display Name History ]

Zerker_Jane

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 504 posts
  • RSN:Zerker Jane
It's sad to see Jagex reduced to this.
Posted Image
99 farm easy

Stev
[ Display Name History ]

Stev

Cherremy's Slave

• Members
  • 3,466 posts
  • RSN:Stev Peifer

I'm hopign they get around to updating the weapon graphics too. You've got spectacular animations for weapons that look like they could be made of play-dough. Some of those models are something like 8 years old now.

I'm hoping they get around to deleting the entire concept. EoC was a good idea but terribly done. I know it's in beta and will be tweaked before release, but unless they do a complete 180 with it, I don't see it turning out remotely as well as people were hoping.

Kinda reminds me of how much they hyped MA. Everyone was so pumped to have the new mini-game. The idea and description of it was phenomenal. Everybody hated it before their first game had ended. Just another potentially great update that they've butchered.

I read a great post on the RSOF (I know right, what are the odds). A JMod had told a player to keep an eye on the news feed about an upcoming announcement. The player then explained how some-time ago, that would have filled him with excitement. Now, players dread what they're probably going to see. It's sad t have seen that attitude change happen... Even worse in such a short period of time.

09144a99bb.png

Etta
[ Display Name History ]

Etta

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 364 posts
I can safely say i wasn't expecting a squid cape

Aeon_
[ Display Name History ]

Aeon_

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,345 posts
  • RSN:Abudino1234
  • RSN2:Man tshirt

I recall a few years back when they said they were going to update a lot of the weapon (2009 or 2010 I think) models. Now I haven't played in a LONG time but all I recall is a scimitar update, along with a couple of others.

Many believe that the 1980 eruption of Mt. Saint Helens was a catostrophic geological event, in reality it was the day that Jimi Hendrix returned to Earth from the next world and actually stood up next to a mountain and chopped it down with the edge of his hand.

-Random Youtuber

Ruinous Edge
[ Display Name History ]

Ruinous Edge

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 519 posts

1) I am pretty sure they pushed it back due to many issues that we have asked as a community they would please clean up.
2) I would hope the insta-kill darts don't work on boss type scenarios for quest or quest like minigames. It is bad enough they might work against the bosses, and they are pointless if they only work against non-boss mobs.

We don't know the restrictions of the kiln darts yet, but that would be pretty OP if they could work at jad/kiln

Jmods already confirmed when instakill darts were mentioned in news post months ago, that darts would not work on fight pits/kiln, at best you can hope it works up to and including nex (as the original example they gave was fighting at GWD and 'chugging' your last brew).
Too lazy to find the post but it was posted under original summer promotion discussion on here if anyone wants to quote it here
EDIT: sorry my bad decided to be unlazy and find it myself and it wasn't ever Jmod confirmed, this is from the thread in question I was thinking of

I do hope these things won't be usable on quest bosses. I don't have a problem with quests gradually becoming easier as new equipment is released (this is a natural process), but in this case we'd be talking about effectively skipping up to four quests, which just seems wrong.

It was posted in the Sizzling summer thread that the darts can't be used on quest bosses or in kiln/caves. They didn't put their source, but provided that is true then these darts are just meh...I doubt they would work on Nex either.

The example in the News post was GWD though? darts probably work up to all GWD bosses but nothing past them i.e. cave/kiln/QBD or quests.

Quest Cape Achieved 10/08/2012

TFU: Ruinous Edge

Posted Image

http://www.transformersuniverse.com

A piece of glass in the sand under your feet, it cuts you deep and it makes you hate the beauty that you see.

Kimberly
[ Display Name History ]

Kimberly

Retired Staff

• Members
  • 12,325 posts
  • RSN:Kimberly
  • RSN2:Dorelei

The concept of sticking to any 'lore' seems to have been forgotten with a lot of the Solomon/Yelps-related updates.

Where MTs were concerned, lore never played into it. It would be almost impossible to blend MTs into the game as if they belonged there without them seeming extremely laughable, let alone their rewards/merchandise.

hzvjpwS.gif

Zyaxol
[ Display Name History ]

Zyaxol

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • RSN:Zyaxol
I rarely post here, but wasn't there supposed to be a 700,000 xp reward in September, not 350,000?

Sy_Accursed
[ Display Name History ]

Sy_Accursed

Post Junkie

• Members
  • 16,851 posts
  • RSN:Sy Accursed

I rarely post here, but wasn't there supposed to be a 700,000 xp reward in September, not 350,000?

You get 700k for sept IF you've done aug and sept.
This 350k for sept is if you JUST do sept.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Zyaxol
[ Display Name History ]

Zyaxol

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • RSN:Zyaxol

You get 700k for sept IF you've done aug and sept.
This 350k for sept is if you JUST do sept.

All good then :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users