Sizzling September!

852ttaM

They said EoC would be released "at earliest in September". As long as we get it this year, I'm happy. Better late and great than early and... hurly. I really hope they rework the sounds and hit effects. It still isn't clear to me exactly when my abilities are missing, and the sounds effects aren't satisfying enough to me

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

They said EoC would be released "at earliest in September". As long as we get it this year, I'm happy. Better late and great than early and... hurly. I really hope they rework the sounds and hit effects. It still isn't clear to me exactly when my abilities are missing, and the sounds effects aren't satisfying enough to me

I'm hopign they get around to updating the weapon graphics too. You've got spectacular animations for weapons that look like they could be made of play-dough. Some of those models are something like 8 years old now.

• Like 2

The concept of sticking to any 'lore' seems to have been forgotten with a lot of the Solomon/Yelps-related updates. It's understandable that as time goes on, new parts of the lore are fabricated and added; however, a lot of the recent stuff seems to be a far cry from 'reasonable'.

I'm not really too fussed; I won't be wearing the cape anyway but it seems a shame.

I'm hopign they get around to updating the weapon graphics too. You've got spectacular animations for weapons that look like they could be made of play-dough. Some of those models are something like 8 years old now.

I'm hoping they get around to deleting the entire concept. EoC was a good idea but terribly done. I know it's in beta and will be tweaked before release, but unless they do a complete 180 with it, I don't see it turning out remotely as well as people were hoping.

Kinda reminds me of how much they hyped MA. Everyone was so pumped to have the new mini-game. The idea and description of it was phenomenal. Everybody hated it before their first game had ended. Just another potentially great update that they've butchered.

I read a great post on the RSOF (I know right, what are the odds). A JMod had told a player to keep an eye on the news feed about an upcoming announcement. The player then explained how some-time ago, that would have filled him with excitement. Now, players dread what they're probably going to see. It's sad t have seen that attitude change happen... Even worse in such a short period of time.

• Like 1

09144a99bb.png

I recall a few years back when they said they were going to update a lot of the weapon (2009 or 2010 I think) models. Now I haven't played in a LONG time but all I recall is a scimitar update, along with a couple of others.

Many believe that the 1980 eruption of Mt. Saint Helens was a catostrophic geological event, in reality it was the day that Jimi Hendrix returned to Earth from the next world and actually stood up next to a mountain and chopped it down with the edge of his hand.

-Random Youtuber

Wasn't sept' the eta release date for EoC? surprised it wasn't announced (or its been pushed back)

2 quests does sound nice, and atm I can think of a good use for the 4 instakill darts: QBD, Jad and Kiln.

1) I am pretty sure they pushed it back due to many issues that we have asked as a community they would please clean up.

2) I would hope the insta-kill darts don't work on boss type scenarios for quest or quest like minigames. It is bad enough they might work against the bosses, and they are pointless if they only work against non-boss mobs.

We don't know the restrictions of the kiln darts yet, but that would be pretty OP if they could work at jad/kiln

Jmods already confirmed when instakill darts were mentioned in news post months ago, that darts would not work on fight pits/kiln, at best you can hope it works up to and including nex (as the original example they gave was fighting at GWD and 'chugging' your last brew).

Too lazy to find the post but it was posted under original summer promotion discussion on here if anyone wants to quote it here

EDIT: sorry my bad decided to be unlazy and find it myself and it wasn't ever Jmod confirmed, this is from the thread in question I was thinking of

I do hope these things won't be usable on quest bosses. I don't have a problem with quests gradually becoming easier as new equipment is released (this is a natural process), but in this case we'd be talking about effectively skipping up to four quests, which just seems wrong.

It was posted in the Sizzling summer thread that the darts can't be used on quest bosses or in kiln/caves. They didn't put their source, but provided that is true then these darts are just meh...I doubt they would work on Nex either.

The example in the News post was GWD though? darts probably work up to all GWD bosses but nothing past them i.e. cave/kiln/QBD or quests.

Quest Cape Achieved 10/08/2012

TFU: Ruinous Edge

TFUsig2_zpsc5e7f1a4.png

A piece of glass in the sand under your feet, it cuts you deep and it makes you hate the beauty that you see.

The concept of sticking to any 'lore' seems to have been forgotten with a lot of the Solomon/Yelps-related updates.

Where MTs were concerned, lore never played into it. It would be almost impossible to blend MTs into the game as if they belonged there without them seeming extremely laughable, let alone their rewards/merchandise.

hzvjpwS.gif

I rarely post here, but wasn't there supposed to be a 700,000 xp reward in September, not 350,000?

You get 700k for sept IF you've done aug and sept.

This 350k for sept is if you JUST do sept.

• Like 1

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I rarely post here, but wasn't there supposed to be a 700,000 xp reward in September, not 350,000?

You get 700k for sept IF you've done aug and sept.

This 350k for sept is if you JUST do sept.

All good then :)

• Like 1

You didn't read the newspost well enough. Yes, there's a 700k reward but only if you were subscribed continuously through August and September. Otherwise, being a member for the month of September will only give you 350k bonus exp.

hzvjpwS.gif

I used my May's 250k xp necklace on the agility portion of the olympic event. Too bad that event will be over by the time we get our bonus 350k or 700k as it made for a quick 60k xp a day for five minutes work. I'll be honest and say I prefer these bonus XP items instead of a week-end's bonus XP event.

nukemarine.png

Learn how to Learn Japanese on your own - Nukemarine's Suggested Guide for Beginners in Japanese
Stop Forgetting Stuff for College and Life - Anki - a program which makes remembering things easy
Reach Elite Fitness - CrossFit

I'm hoping they get around to deleting the entire concept. EoC was a good idea but terribly done. I know it's in beta and will be tweaked before release, but unless they do a complete 180 with it, I don't see it turning out remotely as well as people were hoping.

I was excited at the prospect of EoC as well, I really was, I was one of the 50,000 that got full access, and I gave it more than a fair try; more than a few actually. I simply cannot get into it. I realize they have done a lot of work on this, but the best idea is to just scrap the whole thing, and add, slowly, certain positive aspects of the beta(such as LP armour, food raising more LP and so on).

Kinda reminds me of how much they hyped MA. Everyone was so pumped to have the new mini-game. The idea and description of it was phenomenal. Everybody hated it before their first game had ended. Just another potentially great update that they've butchered.

That's a great thing to parallel the current situation with; I remember them hyping up MA and the subsequent fiasco as well, it was atrocious. The only reason that game survives to this day is because much like Livid Farm, Jagex can be saddists at times, they make it so the only way to get nice rewards is to torment yourself through the most horrendous drudgeries.

• Like 2

I think they have a lot of good concepts, but they need to make it their own instead of (poorly) copying other MMOs. My biggest concerns are basically around how much input is required, when most of the abilities don't require thought, you just want them to activate as much as possible. They should allow the basic abilities to fire automatically, when they pop up, as this reduces clicking for the same result. Threshold and ultimates should all be more interactive and require better timing.

Also, bar should drain much slower during any combat based minigame, so that we don't lose threshold or ultimate while switching targets (dungeoneering especially needs this)

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

Today is the day! If you’ve been a part of Sizzling Summer and been a member for every day of August, today you will receive a promissory note from us, directly into your inventory. If you don’t have the space, talk to Diango in Draynor Village to pick it up! There will be a prompt on log-in to tell you that the item is available to you. Please also note that some players may not receive the item until later in the day, as it will take a number of hours for us to award it to all eligible players.

Click on it in your inventory to open up the Bank of XP and claim your 350,000 XP. Your XP will be applied through lamps (accessible only through the Bank of XP, rather than your inventory), which are for varying amounts and have minimum level requirements for whichever skill you are wishing to apply it to. This is so you can’t accidentally apply 350k XP to one skill and suddenly find yourself having skipped through levels unintentionally! You will still be able to apply multiple lamps to the same skill if you wish, though.

We’re only halfway done, though, so don’t forget that you’ve got until midnight tonight (GMT) to purchase membership for our scorching September session of Sizzling Summer! If you’ve been a member throughout August be sure to keep your membership running until the end of September to guarantee that you get your hands on over 1 million XP and Choose Your Fate: four of the most powerful items ever seen in RuneScape.

If you're slightly late to the Sizzling Summer party, never fear – even if you haven’t been eligible for Sizzling Summer so far, sign up for September now to be eligible for a roasting-hot raft ofSizzling September rewards. Just make sure to do it by midnight tonight (GMT) so you don’t miss out on all those summer goodies!

The RuneScape Team

Wow, i thought we would get 350K bonus xp, not 350K xp right in our pocket 0.0

Byzantus.png

I am surprised, considering how they implemented mad may's xp via a necklace, that they are basically giving you 350k xp in lamps via this bank of XP, easy 80 slayer & herby levels for me though :)

EDIT: well I will when they update my account with the note :/

Quest Cape Achieved 10/08/2012

TFU: Ruinous Edge

TFUsig2_zpsc5e7f1a4.png

A piece of glass in the sand under your feet, it cuts you deep and it makes you hate the beauty that you see.

40+ days since quitting and reading the contents for September is reminding me why I am enjoying my freedom.

The ex-players on here always remind me of Jim Gaffigan's sketch on vegetarians. For people who apparently quit and never looked back, you guys sure do spend a lot of time here. In fact you yourself posted like 25 times in a RuneScape thread (Not counting non-scape posts) since you "quit" around July 20th.

But you know who seems to be really obsessed with meat? Vegetarians.

For people who don't like meat, they seem to eat a lot of vegetables that are mashed up and shaped to look like meat. "I find meat repulsive. I'll have a veggie burger with fake bacon, and can you serve it to me dressed like a cow? I don't like meat; I just like to call meat late at night and hang up. Let's drive by meat's house. Does meat ever ask about me? I don't care! I ain't missin' you at all...missin' youuuuuu...."

• Like 1

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png