Hidden Update: Bots Dying

Carl

Lol that's awesome. I noticed yesterday evening at the GE that there wasnt a single instance of goldspam. I didn't even see them stood there muted, they just weren't there. The hot/colders were still spamming but absolutely nothing from level 3 bot accounts. In the sunday livestream Mod Mark said that from monday we'd start to see a significant decrease in spam from botting accounts.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

That is a pretty damn awesome emote sort of thing they put in! Glad to see bots starting to die... Tomorrow should be Botany Bay right?

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

2672nd person to reach 2496 total.
Thanks to Wicked for the awesome siggy :D

That's an awesome way of getting rid of the spam bots. :lol:

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Clickable version of QFC above. [qfc]15-16-283-64002209[/qfc]

I thought Botany bay was due on 24th? (according to Mark on the livestream) But botany bay is just a gimmick fun thing, bot-watch is entirely seperate and they may well be bringing in elements of it online prior to that.

One of the Jmods on twitter just posted that "Dark vader would be proud of our developers today"

I wonder if this is the method that they also talked about in the stream about botting accounts created purely for botting from the outset being instantly banned without the temporary ban/finger of doom.

• Like 2

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Does reporting the bots help, or is it just auto-recognized before anyone even says anything and the animation done for show?

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

From what they said in the livestreaming bot-watch is automatic. It would have picked up the things it was saying automatically, possibly waited a few minutes to give benefit of doubt, and then automatically banned them/played the animation.

The reporting mechanism feeds into a "heatmap" so Jagex can see which locations are being used for botting. They explained that while bot-watch will pick up bots automatically if you ever see suspicious activity that it hasnt been detected then use the report function. Jagex will then be able to see visually areas which perhaps have not had bots previously and can investigate.

@Admins: The word Bot-watch without the dash in the middle gets censored possibly because of the mild swearword "tw.at" in the middle of it. Please update your censors.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

Good to see this happening, they did say it was easiest to spot the level 3 fresh chat bots as obviously they lack like any action other than that. Seems like the reports on them are triggering an automated check.

Also from the live stream what they seemed to say was, this week Optimus (aka botnuke 2) will be going live.

Bot watch (the detection system) has been live for a few weeks but in a passive learning state.

Next week Botany Bay will go live and alongside it Bo[bleep]ch will kick into active action of banning.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

So when will this happen for flower gamers

• Like 5

Requiescat in pace, Shiva "Anarith" Kumar.
dea6a17b9c.png
351 Quest Points|99 Strength|99 Attack|99 Constitution|99 Defence|99 Magic|138 Combat|99 Summoning|99 Slayer|99 Ranged|99 Firemaking|99 Dungeoneering|99 Cooking|99 Prayer|99 Runecrafting|99 Smithing|99 Fletching|99 Construction|99 Farming|99 Fishing|99 Herblore|99 Crafting|99 Agility
True friends are never separated by distance, for they are forever linked by their hearts.

Join the HYT CLAN![qfc]90-91-310-65710712[/qfc]

Dat death animation. Love it.

Why they suffocate? The bots can't breath air.

• Like 1

Elricedward.png
Barrows Items: 1x Dharok's Platelegs, 1x Veracs's Plateskirt, 1x Dharok's Greataxe, 2x Torag's Platelegs, 1x Akrisae's War Mace, 1x Ahrim's Robeskirt, 3x Akrisae's Robetop, 1x Guthan's Warspear, 1x Akrisae's Robeskirt, 1x Torag's Helm, 2x Verac's Brassard, 1x Karil's Pistol Crossbow

wow. I'm extremely happy!!! :)

I, goldelpack, hereby pledge to never support known gold selling sites. I will not buy any gold or items from any shady dealers. I will not use a bot, nor by my silence allow friends or acquaintances to believe that I support botting or gold selling in general. I will be part of the solution. I will also report those spamming gold and those obvious bots.

Dat death animation. Love it.

Why they suffocate? The bots can't breath air.

It's the "dramatic death" emote from the Citadel Theatre batch ...

Still, it's a nice effect. :thumbsup:

Also seeing as this is happening to auto-talker's a form of suffocation makes sense contextually.

They are choking on their words kinda thing

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Perhaps think of it instead of air suffocation that an invisible hand is holding a clockwork mechanism and stopping it from moving. The strain then builds up until it breaks and then collapses on the floor.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

I think you're all reading way too much into a basic emote that's been in game since September 21, 2011 ... :unsure:

What are you talking about? RuneScapers never read too much into things! If anything we arent looking outside the box ENOUGH!!!

Perhaps the animation is meant to signify the dying breath of Aaron the Moor in Titus Andronicus (because it sounds a little bit like a robot name... Titan Androidicus) and because he mentions being muted.

O, why should wrath be mute, and fury dumb?

I am no baby, I, that with base prayers

I should repent the evils I have done:

Ten thousand worse than ever yet I did

Would I perform, if I might have my will;

If one good deed in all my life I did,

I do repent it from my very soul.

• Like 10

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

Haha, I love that! It's much more satisfying to see the results of reports, rather than the same account still sustaining a month after 10+ reports have been sent in by yourself alone.

I wonder when the other varied bots will start to see some hurt.

91215531.png

Poetry

Indexed Picture 1

Indexed Picture 2

Killed my maxed Zerker pure April 2010

Rebooting Runescape

91215531.png

My takeaway: The report button for bots and macroing actually works now...interesting.

• Like 3

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.