Hidden Update: Bots Dying

Carl

I think you're all reading way too much into a basic emote that's been in game since September 21, 2011 ... :unsure:

What are you talking about? RuneScapers never read too much into things! If anything we arent looking outside the box ENOUGH!!!

Perhaps the animation is meant to signify the dying breath of Aaron the Moor in Titus Andronicus (because it sounds a little bit like a robot name... Titan Androidicus) and because he mentions being muted.

O, why should wrath be mute, and fury dumb?

I am no baby, I, that with base prayers

I should repent the evils I have done:

Ten thousand worse than ever yet I did

Would I perform, if I might have my will;

If one good deed in all my life I did,

I do repent it from my very soul.

*snort* :lol:

• Like 1

nyuseg.png

My fastest bot kill has taken under 10 seconds, though I suppose there is the chance that someone reported it a couple minutes prior to myself. They seem to be banned much faster on P2P servers than F2P servers when I report.

• Like 2

91215531.png

Poetry

Indexed Picture 1

Indexed Picture 2

Killed my maxed Zerker pure April 2010

Rebooting Runescape

91215531.png

10/10 for style - One of the better things in a long time.

Seems pretty damn fast for me. For non-dummy accounts anything less than 10 minutes is like super fast if it isnt banning legit players - Which I do believe it shouldnt. Maybe 5 minutes for dummy accounts which it is also removing from the game quite timely.

Oh - Obviously - For add bots they are muted FAR quicker than their death too. So it seems to work quite well - Muted to save our eyes, while they keep spamming in muted mode to confirm a ban on them.

I think I spent 1+ hour watching ad bots explode on world 1. Took a while before I saw one suffocate. They last about 5 minutes before exploding.

Some of them would get muted but wouldn't explode, which was a bummer. They would eventually log out. Probably the ones that were exploding instantly were muted ones logging back in.

It was fun. I looked at the ad bots from a specific company and after exploding they would churn out two new ad bots after about 5 minutes. So they were essentially advertising about half the time, better than before but not a perfect result.

2480+ total

Some people are saying that a dragon similar to mithril has been coming down and killing the bots recently. Can anyone else confirm?

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Haven't seen that yet, Jacmob is in W1 and he just told us that 'botwatch' is a new system he developed that is making these bots explode.

zuzmo.png

collio.png

[hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide]

Never gonna give you up.[/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide]

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

By reporting people at daemonheim I hope you don't mean the dung floor seller adverts. Those aren't bad.

EDIT: At least not the legit players adverting...

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

This is really great, glad to finally see something happening in the war against bots. Personally, I don't mind a 5 to 10 minute wait if it means they are verifying it really is a bot. Better then them accidentally removing legitimate players.

I saw a GE without bots as well while I was there..... first time since Clusterflutterer.

o4qq.png

My Pure F2P Blog: CLICK ME

6th Maintainer of the Pure F2P Highscores / The Top 250 F2P Skill Total Lists : May 16th, 2012 - March 30th, 2014.

By reporting people at daemonheim I hope you don't mean the dung floor seller adverts. Those aren't bad.

If the "legit" players are advertising using auto typers though then they can GTFO and I'm sure they'll get picked up by the new system when it's fully rolled out.
  • Like 7

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

If the "legit" players are advertising using auto typers though then they can GTFO and I'm sure they'll get picked up by the new system when it's fully rolled out.

Nothing more annoying than seeing a level 130+ with 50 dungeoneering advertising for these stupid floor leech clans, using an autotyper as well.

wii_wheaton.png

[software Engineer] -

[Ability Bar Suggestion] - [Gaming Enthusiast]

Fun fact: Once you start advertising with an auto-typer, you're no longer legit.

• Like 11

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

I don't know about advertising, but it looks like autotyping certainly is. About time, too.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

I've also heard there is a liklihood of being temp-banned for using mousekeys, based on how Botwatch bans. Anyone hear anything more into this? All I heard of this was a friend ask a J-mod, and the J-mod saying if you get temporarily banned, you'll know not to do it again.

I don't really get any xp in RS, so it doesn't bother me. Just the same, as long as everyone is treated equally in the regard I don't mind. I simply felt that maybe I could save someone a temp-ban if there is some truth to this. Thanks for any details.

91215531.png

Poetry

Indexed Picture 1

Indexed Picture 2

Killed my maxed Zerker pure April 2010

Rebooting Runescape

91215531.png

Apprently the bots now have a third death - a dragon swoops down and grabs em.

• Like 3

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Liking the new system, though it does not yet seem to be able to handle the chat spam bots that gather names from fc's and then pm them all in a matter of seconds. I wonder if this is because they are not yet in the detection target zone (I expect they have the system only looking at accounts within defined areas to start with, to make sure it works in a live situation first), or if it is because these bots can get all their pm's out before the system can ban them. I do hope that eventually those pm spam bots are also a thing of the past.

This should be an interesting few days and they bring more of their systems online, and start targeting more areas. I picture a future of roving ad bots standing wherever the ban system is not currently active that day/week. Presumably the major ideal points will always be protected, so even if they try this it will be in the middle of no place where no one cares.

• Like 1