You have been banned!

Tansuo

Skynet is active >.<

wkbqV.jpg

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

I was away for a few days (after I got my perm ban) and now I have a 10 day ban.

Good going Jagex.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Hi [playername]

Please accept our sincere apologies for our recent mistake which resulted in your account being banned.

Unfortunately, whilst updating our systems, a human error occurred which resulted in the accidental banning of a selection of online accounts - this issue has now been rectified.

As a gesture of goodwill, we are adding 20 free spins to your account. These will be credited to your account within the next 48 hours.

To reassure you this email is official, we have removed all links and included your current display name.

Best wishes,

The RuneScape Team

The official apology. Can't complain.

• Like 1
cliffside1ra5.png

Quelle surprise. Just insanely glad this happened while I was out running errands. I would've been pooping my pants. (And guess who does the laundry round here #-o

Siobhana.jpeg

Siobhana.png

Siobhana.png

Ty Jeppoz for making it. Thx to the Pup for finding it after it got lost :D And thx to Kill_Life and Turtle for the ava.

Stoltenberg, 22/7-11: "We will retaliate with more democracy" In remembrance of Oslo/Utøya. May we never forget, nor be pulled down to the level of the beast

Does anyone else find it incredibly odd that they have to restart all their servers to accomplish something that should be as easy as running a SQL query or clearing cache keys for account status? At worst forcing their server replication to sync. None of which should require a full reboot.

You make it sound like running through a few level 87 monsters is hard which it really shouldn't be at your level.

riptide_mage.png

riptide_mage.png

Does anyone else find it incredibly odd that they have to restart all their servers to accomplish something that should be as easy as running a SQL query or clearing cache keys for account status? At worst forcing their server replication to sync. None of which should require a full reboot.

They could have implemented a process within the code which was pushed to the servers, and then in order to disable the process, they needed to restart the servers. Just a guess.

w4M8t.png

Hi [playername]

Please accept our sincere apologies for our recent mistake which resulted in your account being banned.

Unfortunately, whilst updating our systems, a human error occurred which resulted in the accidental banning of a selection of online accounts - this issue has now been rectified.

As a gesture of goodwill, we are adding 20 free spins to your account. These will be credited to your account within the next 48 hours.

To reassure you this email is official, we have removed all links and included your current display name.

Best wishes,

The RuneScape Team

Free xp. NP

xcsx7c.png | 3gliP.jpg | 51y5tv.png  |  8mO5K.jpg

A Blog to Bathtubs for Beginners
Quest Cape | 99 Defence Achieved 11-Jul-2011 17:41 | 99 Prayer 11-Jul-2012 | 99 Constitution 02-Aug-2012

99 Attack 31/10/2012 | 99 Dungeoneering 31/10/2012 | 99 Strength 31/10/2012 | 99 Magic 2/12/2012

99 Range 16/12/2012 | 99 Herblore 25/12/2012 | 99 Summoning 4/1/2013 | 99 Firemaking 6/3/2013

99 Farming 10/4/2013 | 99 Slayer 11/7/2013 | 99 Fletching 21/8/2013  |  99 Smithing 22/8/2013 

99 Crafting 19/12/2013  |  99 Cooking 15/1/2014  |  99 Agility 25/1/2014  |  99 Thieving 01/02/2014

99 Construction 21/04/2014  |  99 Woodcutting 04/03/2014  |  99 Fishing 17/04/2014  |  99 Mining 23/07/2015

99 Divination 27/07/2015  |  99 Runecrafting 20/08/2015  |  99 Hunter 20/08/2015  | Maxed 20/08/2015

This gravely concerns me. Why would a human error permit the banning of thousands of online accounts that haven't had any history of botting? Someone needs to be fired for this - a design flaw this large can't be overlooked.

• Like 3

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

20 free spins?

Ban me please. :wacko:.

• Like 1

4K469.png

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

"An imperfect man can do great deeds, and a great man imperfect ones.

This gravely concerns me. Why would a human error permit the banning of thousands of online accounts that haven't had any history of botting?

We'll never get a real explanation of what happened here and that's what concerns me. Human error is vague and can cover so many different things. I don't want to call for a public lynching, I don't care if the guy(s) who did it get fired. I just want to know what actually happened with the system that was supposed to be free of false-positives and accurate.

• Like 1

hzvjpwS.gif

This gravely concerns me. Why would a human error permit the banning of thousands of online accounts that haven't had any history of botting?

We'll never get a real explanation of what happened here and that's what concerns me. Human error is vague and can cover so many different things. I don't want to call for a public lynching, I don't care if the guy(s) who did it get fired. I just want to know what actually happened with the system that was supposed to be free of false-positives and accurate.

You know how useless "the community" are at deciphering Jagex messages even if they did explain in detail people would either get the wrong end of the stick or say Jagex are lying.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

People already think they're lying by omission. I would rather just know if the botwatch system's full release is going to be delayed or not because it didn't perform to expectations or if someone really did put the semicolon in the wrong place or what. I don't want super-secret details about how their system works. I just want to know what to expect as a player.

• Like 1

hzvjpwS.gif

They could have implemented a process within the code which was pushed to the servers, and then in order to disable the process, they needed to restart the servers. Just a guess.

Or the fact that accounts data is copied from the storage servers to the live servers upon log in and (aside from the periodic back-ups) is not re-saved to storage servers until you log off.

Therefore any data to do with no trade allowance or w/e due to these false "bans" would be on the live servers with the account and even IF Jagex did a back-end fix to the storage servers people would be over-writing their no-ban status when they logged off. Ergo they restart the game servers to ensure everyone is logged off before rectifying the stored data to avoid the issue.

I suspect in this case it was less a genuine reboot, more just using the term since players understand what it means (count down and booted off) in order to ensure database fixes did not spawn issues.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

It didn't take a full reset to apply the change caused by "human error" so why would it take one to reverse it, and why would something as simple as changing a value that controls if an account is enabled or not require a reset?

You make it sound like running through a few level 87 monsters is hard which it really shouldn't be at your level.

riptide_mage.png

riptide_mage.png

I see you clicked on the screen. You're clearly a bot and must be punished.

Where's Rend with the Rs is ending topic? Couldn't see a better opportunity now

• Like 1

Requiescat in pace, Shiva "Anarith" Kumar.
dea6a17b9c.png
351 Quest Points|99 Strength|99 Attack|99 Constitution|99 Defence|99 Magic|138 Combat|99 Summoning|99 Slayer|99 Ranged|99 Firemaking|99 Dungeoneering|99 Cooking|99 Prayer|99 Runecrafting|99 Smithing|99 Fletching|99 Construction|99 Farming|99 Fishing|99 Herblore|99 Crafting|99 Agility
True friends are never separated by distance, for they are forever linked by their hearts.

Join the HYT CLAN![qfc]90-91-310-65710712[/qfc]

Wow, we couldn't play properly for one hour!! Time for massive rant and suggesting people to get fired and lose their jobs!! You got 20 free spins for it, gtfo now. I'm seriously getting tired of people complaining and complaining all the time.. :mad:

• Like 4

u5zhkTY.gif

Hi [playername]

Best wishes,

The RuneScape Team

Free xp. NP

To be honest, I still don't trust the system. Kinda still scared to login.

Regardless of how 'official' the apology is, they shouldn't have screwed up this badly.

Wow, we couldn't play properly for one hour!! Time for massive rant and suggesting people to get fired and lose their jobs!! You got 20 free spins for it, gtfo now. I'm seriously getting tired of people complaining and complaining all the time.. :mad:

In their defense, if somebody makes a mistake that causes permanent bans for everyone that logs in at a certain time, you probably should fire the guy that made the mistake. This is a bit more serious than the kind of delays that the community is used to.

Normally I'd agree that the community takes complaints too far, but this time they have a pretty strong point.

The issue is more with the fact that so many accounts got falsely banned for supposedly 'botting' when all there owners did were log on and play runescape normally. This so soon after botany bay & botwatch go fully live. That is a very worrying sign, but thankfully it's gotten resolved quickly. The only issue I still see is that it was down to 'human error' but required a server wide reset to fix, sounds dodgy to say the least. Seems more likely an issue with botwatch, but alas we'll never know as Jagex seem unlikely to give us a full explanation to the cause of the event.

Quest Cape Achieved 10/08/2012

TFU: Ruinous Edge

TFUsig2_zpsc5e7f1a4.png

A piece of glass in the sand under your feet, it cuts you deep and it makes you hate the beauty that you see.

What I find weird is that the bans didn't work. If the game is going to ban half the players, then it should actually ban them, not half-ass the job so that all they have to do to get back in is try logging in again. That's not a ban. That's a kick. I just find that really odd that at least most people we're able to log in again (to be promptly re-banned, or maybe be unable to trade or chat, but they are still logging back in).

Perhaps because it's because I got miss all of this, but that concerns me at least as much as the false bans, if not more (to be clear, more false bans is preferable to a handful of them, because a handful is a lot of people who are probably just lying, while half the community is probably something iffy going on, which means the problem will be fixed). A state of the art 100% perfect system is worth jack if it's not actually banning.