BTS#26 - Solo Dungeoneering

Auror

As seen from the released teaser pictures, there is no right-click option on the tomb to get your stuff back. So we have to go thorugh that pop up interface, an interface that goes away when attacked. I only die in areas where I get attacked by a lot of monsters (I'm looking at you, ancient warriors of Nex!), sooooooo, I'm not happy. :s

One of the reasons I despised getting 120 is mostly every team I was in had a leech. DG became a greedy business after free trade. And while I support free trade, I do not support the greed that came from it. Meanwhile, random teams were trash, and most teams I was with that weren't random people were just full of angry people.

Leech floors are typically better than non leech.To sell floors the keyer usually need to be more experienced than the average dger and is able to carry decently.

• Like 1

Fried_Chikn8.png

5b xp let's go!

1) I believe I missed something but who are you talking to?

2) DG isn't hard. I didn't get experienced through teams so much as I did soloing. It's very easy to learn how to pathfind on your own if you actually want to go faster. And I'm sure a lot of people hate the way team DG has become and just choose to solo to cut the BS.

I was talking to Urza, but thanks for calling most of my post spam just becausee of the image despite the fact that it made a valid point about the relationship between "difficulty" (survivability) and time spent. *facepalm*

As for your second point, it's completely irrelevant. I was talking about those in charge of balancing and testing exp rates.

• Like 1

hzvjpwS.gif

Hoping the take-all and equip-all options for gravestones also get turned into right-click options. I can't imagine the interface staying open if you're currently under attack, which can make looting difficult in areas with aggressive NPCs.

Knowing jagex they won't be

Then this defeats the purpose of this update, doesn't it? :P

Definitely up for the solo dg xp, I have real troubles getting on consistently and while I don't mind necessarily getting interrupted half-way through a floor when solo, I don't allow myself to join a team if I don't think I can dedicate the time needed to complete the entire dungeon, which is far too often :/

In terms of the grave thing though, I really hope Jagex aren't being as stupid as it sounds... Unless the interface stays open during combat (if that's even possible,) it's all-in-all a significantly worse system than the previous one. People (almost) only ever die in places frequented by aggressive monsters, otherwise they probably wouldn't have died. Even a right-click take-all would be more annoying than picking up the items you want, because you have no choice over which items you get.

I don't know really why they thought the old grave system was such a big problem, anyway. They just need to compensate for the release of big new bosses like they did with the QBD and it all works fine.

tifsiggy.jpg

Thanks to Quarra for the awesome sig!

Xbox360 Gamertag = Tintin113

I for one will be looking forward to this update. I get fed up trying to put decent people together that you like playing with, then trying to get them together at the same time. I soloed up to lvl 79 and tbh I preferred it that way.

5_Of_7.png"]http://5_Of_7.png[/url]

So in the new live stream they just revealed that next weeks update will also update the bind system.

You can now have 10 binds in a pool that's accessed through the smuggler which can then be assigned to three different load outs.

Definitely looking forward to this.

Sylpheed.png

Just managed a solo medium C6 with 100% completion in about 10 minutes. I was lucky and had few guardian doors. If he was averaging 400k experience per hour with 4 floors, I should be getting about 600k at full speed with nearly 6 floors. I am guess it will be around 500k per hour the first week and they will nerf it on the following week.

wii_wheaton.png

[software Engineer] -

[Ability Bar Suggestion] - [Gaming Enthusiast]

Just managed a solo medium C6 with 100% completion in about 10 minutes. I was lucky and had few guardian doors. If he was averaging 400k experience per hour with 4 floors, I should be getting about 600k at full speed with nearly 6 floors. I am guess it will be around 500k per hour the first week and they will nerf it on the following week.

You say you "got lucky and had a few guardian doors". Do you think you can "get lucky" six times per hour, every hour, until you get max dungeoneering? I doubt it. That's why he averages 4 floors per hour, because for every lucky floor you have, you might get an unlucky one.

Seeing as the JMod who got that "4 floors an hour" figure's job is to test and re-test this game to get a good idea of the average XP rate, I don't think we're going to have them call takebacksies and nerf it in a week.

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

I don't think anyone with experience dungeoneering will get above 10 or 11 minutes unless it is a really bad map. If you do, then you need to practice more and read some DGS guides.

This basically. It's very easy to get 5-6 mediums done per hour, 7 with a bit of luck. At anywhere between 70-100k/medium, that's 420-600k/hr, which is nearly the same as as 5manning larges.

I don't like this.

7rwjf.png
Leik.png
LIVERPOOL WILL WIN THE PREMIER LEAGUE THIS SEASON.
[01:24:34] CJ Hunnicutt: it takes skill to be that [bleep]ing stupid

Quite excited for the update, I don't mind having to work as a team in Dungeoneering but you get so many bad teams these days, the solo concept will change a lot, and most likely for the better.

I don't think anyone with experience dungeoneering will get above 10 or 11 minutes unless it is a really bad map. If you do, then you need to practice more and read some DGS guides.

Thank God Jagex doesn't balance their xp rates based on the assumption that everyone plays at DGS speed.

• Like 8

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

Thank God Jagex doesn't balance their xp rates based on the assumption that everyone plays at DGS speed.

That level of speed is not such a huge gulf as you make it out to be, however, and if you were looking on how to increase your exp/hr, you could potentially reach that level. It would be a lot harder to get to that level of skill on your own, though you can definitely improve yourself by reading those guides all the same. While they shouldn't balance them for the "elite", the goals he cited were quite obtainable to the average person with a bit of knowledge and experience.

IDK why the research DGS did is now getting a bad attitude towards it. Disagreeing with the changes they made to solo'ing does not mean they're necessarily opposed to the EXP rate itself. The issue tends to be more in preserving the intended "benefit" of doing 5:5 teams.

• Like 1

hzvjpwS.gif

So the new bind system sounds good (from the eoc live stream should be in with this update)

Basically we ALL get to bind 10 items.

Then via an outside dg interface we can place these binds into 3 'sets' that have 1-5 slots based on level (so kinda sounds like same level as now except lvl 1 = 2 binds instead of 1 + ammo).

Within floors we can swap sets on the fly via Smuggler, but cannot alter what is in sets.

Presumably we can also duplicate items between sets (eg bind 1 SSH but put it in all 3 sets)

Obvious route would seem to be 1 primarily melee set, 1 primarily mage 1 primarily range

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

So the new bind system sounds good (from the eoc live stream should be in with this update)

Basically we ALL get to bind 10 items.

Then via an outside dg interface we can place these binds into 3 'sets' that have 1-5 slots based on level (so kinda sounds like same level as now except lvl 1 = 2 binds instead of 1 + ammo).

Within floors we can swap sets on the fly via Smuggler, but cannot alter what is in sets.

Presumably we can also duplicate items between sets (eg bind 1 SSH but put it in all 3 sets)

Obvious route would seem to be 1 primarily melee set, 1 primarily mage 1 primarily range

Sounds great and all, but I wish we could just bind whatever we wanted.

Of course, it would be imbalanced as hell, but it might be fun.