Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Behind the Scenes: Special Edition

• Please log in to reply
107 replies to this topic

decebal
[ Display Name History ]

decebal

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,315 posts
  • RuneScape Status:F2P
  • RSN:Decebalus6
Oh look, everyone is so excited about this. Let's see how many rage topics pop up when people start feeling nostalgic for old RS.

Posted Image

Arceus
[ Display Name History ]

Arceus

Araxyte Authority

• Administrators
  • 7,090 posts
  • RuneScape Status:F2P
I was excited reading the "all" in parentheses, thinking it was referring to f2p as well...then when I got to the Construction part I realized it just meant what level you were and I kicked myself.
"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?
---

cWCZMZO.png
l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Makoto_the_Phoenix
[ Display Name History ]

Makoto_the_Phoenix

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,997 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:Makoto D

I was excited reading the "all" in parentheses, thinking it was referring to f2p as well...then when I got to the Construction part I realized it just meant what level you were and I kicked myself.

It's also noteworthy that many of these things aren't production ready, may not become production ready, or may be launched in the next 6 weeks which will require many patches for the next 18.

I also looked at the list, and was concerned that I may have burned my RS password in haste. Since I didn't see the word "Elven" in their implicit list of quests that they were going to wrap up, I feel vindicated in my decision thus far.

I'll admit though; it's a healthy list of updates. If the next platform of RS takes it away from Java, as was proposed, things would become really interesting, especially for the security of the platform. Now, Java isn't any Fort Knox, but WebGL and WebSockets is largely unproven for primetime.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

Randox
[ Display Name History ]

Randox

The Consultant

• Administrators
  • 6,603 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:Randox
  • Clan:All Friendly
I am not excited about the tz-haar quest. It's not secret I don't enjoy quest fights, and I just really don't want to go through anything like the last one again for a while. Also, assuming very high to be the scale set by PoP, then I wont have the levels anyway (assuming very high to be 90+, though I figure its more like 85+).

The construction overhaul on the other hand sounds fantastic. I love construction.

I am also a bit more interested in ports now. On the one hand, I am picturing this as a cross between construction and MTK, but on the other this is apparently massive, which now has me imagining playing the Guild II in RuneScape (which would be interesting).

b6brc9.jpg

RSBDavid
[ Display Name History ]

RSBDavid

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,113 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Davidd

about ports... I am picturing this as a cross between construction and MTK, but on the other this is apparently massive...

I had the same vibe. I think it will be an instance game area like your PoH, only there is a port model and water area there.

Posted Image

[Software Engineer] - [Ability Bar Suggestion] - [Gaming Enthusiast]

NukeMarine
[ Display Name History ]

NukeMarine

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,300 posts
  • RSN:Nukemarine
I hope for Player Owned Ports they're not going a straight 90+ on all skills. I've always advocated a high level metric where you look at active players with accounts that have active memberships for 6 months or more, and gather what the 70th percentile player has in a skill, and call that skill level the high level mark. The 90th percentile can be the extreme level mark. After all, a level 90 in herblore is not the same as a 90 in fletching and cooking.

Anyway, glad to see this super list of behind the scenes. Hopefully, it doesn't create the conspiracy theory that came about when Jagex released a list like that 8 years ago. Don't be surprised that some ideas get altered or even cancelled. Odds are they won't, but anyone that remembers Wilderness Tag can appreciate being cautious.

nukemarine.png

Learn how to Learn Japanese on your own - Nukemarine's Suggested Guide for Beginners in Japanese
Stop Forgetting Stuff for College and Life - Anki - a program which makes remembering things easy
Reach Elite Fitness - CrossFit

Platinum_Myr
[ Display Name History ]

Platinum_Myr

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,604 posts
  • RSN:Serena Sedai
  • RSN2:Fyora Serena
  • Clan:The Knighted Angels
That's too much math for Jagex, Nuke :)

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

Randox
[ Display Name History ]

Randox

The Consultant

• Administrators
  • 6,603 posts
  • RSN:Randox
  • Clan:All Friendly
I am under the impression that 91 is the starting threshold for using the content, not the level needed to fully exploit it (I've seen both understandings knocking around). My guess would be that it gains benefits at least right up to say 97, if not right to 99.

b6brc9.jpg

Urza285
[ Display Name History ]

Urza285

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,133 posts
  • RSN:Urza285
  • RSN2:Urza285
  • Clan:Looking: com/skiller
If you listened in on their live chat they said ports will require at least level 91.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [In Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Alg
[ Display Name History ]

Alg

Troll General

• Editorial Panel
  • 10,880 posts

If you listened in on their live chat they said ports will require at least level 91.

Now all they need to do is to make 91+ a reasonable goal for most skills, and they're set. :mrgreen:

Urza285
[ Display Name History ]

Urza285

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,133 posts

Now all they need to do is to make 91+ a reasonable goal for most skills, and they're set. :mrgreen:

6.5m xp is nothing really. It's all about perspective and that comes from actual game experience not numbers.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [In Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

muggiwhplar
[ Display Name History ]

muggiwhplar

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 8,002 posts
91 in what skill(s)?

77yLQy8.png

Leik
[ Display Name History ]

Leik

Super Moderator

• Senior Moderator
  • 2,584 posts
  • RSN:Leik

91 in what skill(s)?

I'd guess Construction, Woodcutting, Crafting, Smithing maybe and perhaps Fishing as well.

7rwjf.png
Leik.png
LIVERPOOL WILL WIN THE PREMIER LEAGUE THIS SEASON.
[01:24:34] CJ Hunnicutt: it takes skill to be that [bleep]ing stupid

Poppet
[ Display Name History ]

Poppet

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,319 posts
  • RSN:Poppet
Sailing, have you finally come?
76561198012301951.png

Urza285
[ Display Name History ]

Urza285

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,133 posts
In the video i think someone asked what would be the highest level required for the content. In a bid to give an appealing answer, but hide details they gave an answer for the lowest level.

Edit: it just occurred to me that MTK is all gathering skills. I got a feeling that ports will be all about production skills and also giving recipes for new things in said skills. So start thinking high level content for construction, smithing, fletching, herblore, etc.

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Alg
[ Display Name History ]

Alg

Troll General

• Editorial Panel
  • 10,880 posts

6.5m xp is nothing really. It's all about perspective and that comes from actual game experience not numbers.

A comment about perspective means a lot coming from a maxed player... :razz:

I'm just not a fan of spending hundreds of hours on a click-and-wait skill for one piece of content. If that wasn't the case I'd be more than willing to train for this thing, but as it is, I'll wait for the smithing/construction/other-relevant-skill reworks.

I suppose it's too much to ask that they work on those before showering us with content aimed solely at HLF users.

And before the inevitable "don't like it, don't play" comment, take a look at my stats. That's exactly what I do.

Sy_Accursed
[ Display Name History ]

Sy_Accursed

Post Junkie

• Members
  • 16,851 posts
  • RSN:Sy Accursed

If the next platform of RS takes it away from Java, as was proposed, things would become really interesting, especially for the security of the platform. Now, Java isn't any Fort Knox, but WebGL and WebSockets is largely unproven for primetime.

We already know from prior videos etc they are moving to a html5 backend when they leave java.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

The Floating Pen
[ Display Name History ]

The Floating Pen

Bear Fur

• Editorial Panel
  • 363 posts
This looks pretty darn amazing... Jagex, you may piss us off a lot.

But when it comes down to it, you really know how to get players drooling!

Ammako
[ Display Name History ]

Ammako

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,541 posts

Why they posting this anyway? The world ends in 34 days :roll:

I bet you $500 it won't.

().-.
[ Display Name History ]

().-.

Rat Meat