Behind the Scenes: Special Edition

Leik

If you listened in on their live chat they said ports will require at least level 91.

Now all they need to do is to make 91+ a reasonable goal for most skills, and they're set. :mrgreen:

6.5m xp is nothing really. It's all about perspective and that comes from actual game experience not numbers.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

91 in what skill(s)?

I'd guess Construction, Woodcutting, Crafting, Smithing maybe and perhaps Fishing as well.

7rwjf.png
Leik.png
LIVERPOOL WILL WIN THE PREMIER LEAGUE THIS SEASON.
[01:24:34] CJ Hunnicutt: it takes skill to be that [bleep]ing stupid

In the video i think someone asked what would be the highest level required for the content. In a bid to give an appealing answer, but hide details they gave an answer for the lowest level.

Edit: it just occurred to me that MTK is all gathering skills. I got a feeling that ports will be all about production skills and also giving recipes for new things in said skills. So start thinking high level content for construction, smithing, fletching, herblore, etc.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

6.5m xp is nothing really. It's all about perspective and that comes from actual game experience not numbers.

A comment about perspective means a lot coming from a maxed player... :razz:

I'm just not a fan of spending hundreds of hours on a click-and-wait skill for one piece of content. If that wasn't the case I'd be more than willing to train for this thing, but as it is, I'll wait for the smithing/construction/other-relevant-skill reworks.

I suppose it's too much to ask that they work on those before showering us with content aimed solely at HLF users.

And before the inevitable "don't like it, don't play" comment, take a look at my stats. That's exactly what I do.

If the next platform of RS takes it away from Java, as was proposed, things would become really interesting, especially for the security of the platform. Now, Java isn't any Fort Knox, but WebGL and WebSockets is largely unproven for primetime.

We already know from prior videos etc they are moving to a html5 backend when they leave java.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I just hope level your weapon isn't too drastic. 13mxp per weapon would be...

Pinata.png
Capes in order: Firemaking - Cooking - Construction - 99 Dungeoneering
- 120 Dungeoneering - Quest - Strength - Prayer - Herblore - Constitution
- Attack - Defence - Ranged - Runecrafting - Magic - Fletching - Mining

- Farming - Smithing - Slayer - Woodcutting - Summoning - Thieving - Hunter

- Fishing - Agility - Crafting - Divination - Max - Completionist

0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0100 0101

i predict it'll be somewhere in between good and bad, and if it isn't, they'll quickly rectify that issue in either direction by any means necessary

and if they don't do it immediately they will do it several years later after which by that time it will be a pointless gesture

8f14270694.jpg

And oh, for suggestion for storylines, Jagex (as I posted on the official forums as well): Elves! Prifddinas!

YES. Please. Prifddinas is quickly becoming as elusive as duke nukem forever. Though let's hope it doesn't turn out like duke nukem forever. :-x

• Like 1

I think I am fairly pleased with the conclusion of the tzhaar storyline. I am hoping it brings another story line in or splices into another. I got some ideas where jagex could go with this one...

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

I'm wondering how level my-x will pan out.

If you still need to kinda swap gear for the next tier at various points it will seem kinda pointless until the top end one.

If it levels with you all the way from level 1 to level 99 and matchs things of similar tier it risks making every other weapon/armour/tool entirely redundant especially as they talk of allowing us to put special abilities/effects into these as they level.

I think the most logical balance would be incorporating the systems eg your bronze scimitar gathers special effects etc but reaches a limit and using the same smith req as making an iron scimitar you re-forge it into and iron and so on and so forth though in the upper tiers like dragon and chaotic they'd have to be something a bit more to it.

So kinda like you could just buy a chaotic and be awesome with it OR you could train a weapon to its limits all the way through from bronze to chaotic and thus have the awesome chaotic with a bunch of effects/extras that u just can't get from starting 'cold' as it were at chaotic.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Elves isn't an option, they've stated multiple times that it's a massive project and won't be done in 2013.

Out of the options given, I think I'd have to go with the Vampyre storyline. When Darkmeyer was released they said that the next quest wouldn't be the last so we would hopefully see at least two quests out of it.

I hope they run a guaranteed content poll for it to be honest, I just hope they don't go with the Penguin storyline, I never really got the appeal of it.

• Like 1
Sylpheed.png

I think Jagex has many different avenues to go down with leveling up items.

As it stands a good amount of the skills, as you level them, increase your proficiency to complete tasks. Good examples of this are hunter, mining, woodcutting and farming. With that said jagex could go an easy route of sticking with basic item style proficiencies much like WoW. Yeah, sure queue the stereotypical semi-WoW sentiments, but proficiency as a skill to level is an actual great idea to diversify training as actually diversify methods of gaining xp.

Jagex could actually go the route of picking the higher proficiency/level in favor of leveling up your hatchet, pickaxe, secateurs, trap-setting, etc. Imagine what we are seeing in dungeoneering with the class rings. We could potentially see something like this attached to our items. Where item proficiency is made into numbers. So far what I've mulled over was something fairly simple.

What about some of the harder things such as weapons? We have so many types, and each one could be assigned something similar to the ring of kinsmanship. Now in my opinion, and most probably don't care for it, this could actually be that little extra niche for those who feel slightly dedicated to one weapon type or another. What about creating buff or abilities that are dependent on item proficiency. Suppose you're using a spear class weapon, which is a two handed item. You could activate a 5 minute buffing ability that gives you a 10% chance to parry an attack and a 5% chance to deal retaliation damage similar to vengeance.

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Construction Rework (all)

Our plans for user-generated content are just beginning to culminate in a sequence of mind-blowing updates to the Construction skill. Build and hold forts with your friends as you defend the realm! Bring your finely built, graphically updated houses to the main game world! Design dungeons and invite hardy dungeoneers to crack them!

This, this, a thousand times this! But it sounds like its just a graphic rework and changes to the dungeons rather then lots of new content?

michel555555.png

[spoiler=click you know you wanna]
Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! if you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!

I think I am fairly pleased with the conclusion of the tzhaar storyline. I am hoping it brings another story line in or splices into another. I got some ideas where jagex could go with this one...

Ya weren't there two other races that the elder gods made to build the world? The tzhaar were made to build the land and another for the water and i'd guess one last one for the sky.

michel555555.png

[spoiler=click you know you wanna]
Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! if you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!