12-Feb-2013 - Slayer Tower: Revamped

Miss Lioness

whats this bs....

sinkholes respawn every 2 hrs again... no fix to pop armours or dual weild weapons, and they dont actually fix any of the issues in rs......... what the absolute (bleep)

What's wrong with dual-wield weapons? Also, I thought 2 hours was how sinkholes were initially meant to be?

they said they were fixing dual weild weapons, you need to actually figure out then sinkholes spawn and hop respectively, and it isn't gona be easy to get both with my current irl schedule....

meamzed.png

From sinkholes to shitholes... 2 hrs really that's BS.

It's even less convenient than evil tree.

The only way it's going to work now is with an official friends chat like the meteor stuff and if they spawn at different times on different worlds.

• Like 1

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

So now we know why Zaros was called the 'Empty Lord'. The name is actually a lot less mysterious than a lot of people speculated.

I haven't done the update, could you put it in spoiler-tags? That sounds interesting.

I'll paraphrase as the book can't be taken out of the tower but the the story is basically as follows:

Viggora, being the only Human general of Zaros' army, was promised by the God himself to make Humans a powerful and respected race if Viggora and his men became completely subservient to him.

Viggora, in turn built the Slayer tower as a means to show how great the Human race could be at engineering such great structures. The Mahjarrat and the Demons still saw Humans as weak and small minded animals that served no real purpose and mocked his efforts.

Zamorak was the only individual who didn't mock Viggora's efforts. As time went by, Viggora grew tired of Zaros' false promises to make Humans a great and respected race and, along with Zamorak began to formulate a plan to break from the command of Zaros, dubbing him the 'Lord of Empty promises'.

That sounds to me more like he was mocking Zaros's already-established moniker.

• Like 1

sinkholes respawn every 2 hrs again... no fix to pop armours or dual weild weapons, and they dont actually fix any of the issues in rs......... what the absolute (bleep)

Did they say that these fixes were coming with the slayer tower update?

I think what he means to say is that they said they'd come in the near future, so people sort of anticipate them with every update. Sometimes they get upset when they feel that Jagex is prioritizing things wrong.

got 340k for 200 abyssal demons

and i think it was 28k ranged xp --- shouldve been double - for 200 abyssal demons

So it is more like 170k if you did it again?

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

Good to see SInkholes will appear every 2 hours. :)

Why the [bleep] is this a thing to be glad about?

I think the main issue most people have been having with it is that it's too empty. Most people seem to get theirs out of the way as soon as possible and at many points in the day it's almost impossible to get a full 5-man team. Folks show up, see no one, and leave before 3 more folks show up the next half hour.

If the sinkholes are every 2 hours, this means that more people will show up at each one, making it more likely that you will get a full group. Anyone who really wants to do theirs will be able to check the time until the next sinkhole and know that there should be a decent amount of people. (Compared to checking every 30 minutes for several hours and coming up empty)

Of course there's some issues for folks with time restraints and such, but it still should help more people than it hurts.

• Like 2

Binary_Mage.pngxJgdnyi.png

The Fallen Diviner

Good to see SInkholes will appear every 2 hours. :)

Why the [bleep] is this a thing to be glad about?

I think the main issue most people have been having with it is that it's too empty. Most people seem to get theirs out of the way as soon as possible and at many points in the day it's almost impossible to get a full 5-man team. Folks show up, see no one, and leave before 3 more folks show up the next half hour...

W134 is a dedicated world, there is 40+ people there every 30 minutes, I've had no problems finding a team.

dirty_needle.png

about the zaros lore reveal...

I personally think the Viggora lore found in slayer tower was either wrote in a mocking way by Zamorak supporters after Zaros' banishment or to discredit Zaros' influence among the races of Gielinor as part of the great purge to remove all traces of Zaros after Zamorak's ascension to Godhood.

I cannot begin to believe true supporters of Zaros such as Azzandra among others would refer to there God as 'The Empty Lord' if it was truly a moniker given to him by a traitor to discredit his true power, as well as that we already know from the notes dropped by Nex, that Zaros was the only true supporter of the human race at the time he was in power. As no other Gods saw them as worthy of the effort to support/nurture into generals/warriors for their grand armies. It was well written in the Nex notes that Zaros saw the true worth in Torva, Pernix and Virtus as mighty warriors to aid his cause regardless of the fact they were humans

Overall I regard this Viggora text as merely mocking Zaros' power and influence and to be very one sided in favour of Zamorak and his supporters

• Like 1

Quest Cape Achieved 10/08/2012

TFU: Ruinous Edge

TFUsig2_zpsc5e7f1a4.png

A piece of glass in the sand under your feet, it cuts you deep and it makes you hate the beauty that you see.

I really like how the portcullis automatically opens when you approach it.

Sad that they

got rid of the special statues from WGS.

And it's kinda annoying that every time they do a graphical update, they use nearly the same graphics as other dungeons in the game :/

But at least this one had extra features that offered interesting graphics in places where it felt kinda bland, so that's nice.

In case anyone missed it, there was a slight solomon update:

It is also my distinct pleasure to announce February's free items for members, as promised last week. Until the first update of March, the Romeo Curtains and Jagged Topknot hairstyles will be available to claim - free of charge - by all RuneScape members.

So each month, they reduce the price of stuff to 0, for players to grab each month.

Popoto.~<3

about the zaros lore reveal...

I personally think the Viggora lore found in slayer tower was either wrote in a mocking way by Zamorak supporters after Zaros' banishment or to discredit Zaros' influence among the races of Gielinor as part of the great purge to remove all traces of Zaros after Zamorak's ascension to Godhood.

I cannot begin to believe true supporters of Zaros such as Azzandra among others would refer to there God as 'The Empty Lord' if it was truly a moniker given to him by a traitor to discredit his true power, as well as that we already know from the notes dropped by Nex, that Zaros was the only true supporter of the human race at the time he was in power. As no other Gods saw them as worthy of the effort to support/nurture into generals/warriors for their grand armies. It was well written in the Nex notes that Zaros saw the true worth in Torva, Pernix and Virtus as mighty warriors to aid his cause regardless of the fact they were humans

Overall I regard this Viggora text as merely mocking Zaros' power and influence and to be very one sided in favour of Zamorak and his supporters

Two possible explanations;

1. The "Empty Lord" moniker was in place already and Viggora was just mocking it.

2. Viggora coined it and encouraged it as a very secret in-joke among Zamorakians that was lost in translation on the Zarosians, who just thought it was an intimidating name. Azzanadra has no idea what the true origin of the name is. Zaros himself probably doesn't either.

I really hope it's the second one, it's satisfying to hear gods and Mahjarrat being tricked by lowly humans.

~ W ~

sigzi.png