Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

2007 - Old School RuneScape... You Vote! - [It's Here!]

2403 replies to this topic

The Runar
[ Display Name History ]

The Runar

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,343 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:The Runar
  • RSN '07:Old Runar

Zamorak and other god books: lawl have fun with that.
People will find ways... trust me, I did it with no prayer when i was lvl 40 something IIRC. pure clans will post all sorts of methods

The quest is not that hard, but good luck getting the pages anytime soon...

Patr1ck
[ Display Name History ]

Patr1ck

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,009 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:Lads
  • RSN2:Swag_Squared
  • Clan:OfTheGods

After I finish some of my course work I am going to try and compile a quest path.

Any input is welcome, and the goal of this is too gain as much xp/reward as quickly as possible, so low req quests are necessary.

Here is one: http://www.reddit.co...aterfall_quest/

It pretty much just involves rushing the Waterfall quest for 30 attack and strength. After that I think mining essence for 1-15 then doing Doric's Quest and The Knight's Sword for quick mining and smithing levels, and then doing Tourist Trap for 1-26 agility would be a good idea. Otherwise I haven't put too much thought into it.

Posted Image

demby123
[ Display Name History ]

demby123

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,188 posts

Dragon weapons: You are going to do monkey madness and other quests with a low prayer level? Bones are going to be really hard to get your hands on.

Lost City at a low Prayer level? Why not?

Not that hard I guess, but Monkey madness? With low stats as well.
Also getting enough runes to kill the tree might be a bit boring, a lot of wind strikes needed. But I agree lost city would be the easiest to do.

Another thought, enchanted jewelry will be difficult to get, high crafting+magic levels needed.
I have an idea if anyone is interested and will make a video on it later, going to be forming a "clan" based around working together for the quickest access to the best stuff (people focus on specific areas, then for example cut those logs into yew bows for a reasonable price relative to how much profit will be made from selling to the next person who will alch them for about the same profit as well). Might be a stupid idea but I am sure some fun can be had :P.

Cool man, looking foward to it. I was trying to find something like this. Also since dang 10 def will start anew, i think i'll make his primary skill crafting, since it fits in line with my training methods and will make good money. Dhide will be in demand soon and I'll be racking up a lot of hides assuming everything goes to plan.
Posted Image
Posted Image

demby123
[ Display Name History ]

demby123

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,188 posts

People will find ways... trust me, I did it with no prayer when i was lvl 40 something IIRC. pure clans will post all sorts of methods

Crap I didn't think about that...

Eh, just the book is still useful to pures for its prayer bonus.

inb4 selling zammy page 1 100m
Posted Image
Posted Image

muggiwhplar
[ Display Name History ]

muggiwhplar

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 8,002 posts
I feel like the best way to "get rich quick" would be to set just one goal and stick to it. The first people to access a major item or item source would get rich pretty quickly. But keep in mind there won't be any billionaires in the game or anything, so who knows how "rich" you'll get.

85 slayer: very hard; very obvious
Mage's book/master wand: Best mage weapon/shield. Not too difficult to get. Would get a lot of magic levels along the way. Requires a TON of runes, though.
Antifire potions: farm metal dragons for rune hatchets
Dagannoth Rex: dragon hatchets, berserker rings, warrior rings; easy boss to farm, not many requirements. Just full rune and slayer dart pretty much.

Just gotta think outside the box a little-- which items are taken for granted and will have a very high demand and very low supply like rune hatchets?

77yLQy8.png

Ammako
[ Display Name History ]

Ammako

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,541 posts

Crap I didn't think about that...

Eh, just the book is still useful to pures for its prayer bonus.

inb4 selling zammy page 1 100m

Weren't god pages from clues much more common back then anyway?
Or was that way before 2007
Either way, shouldn't be too tedious to farm Lv. 1 Clues, I hope.

[ Display Name History ]

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,102 posts
  • RSN:999134thpure
  • RSN2:1 Pray Hero
  • Clan:hyt

I feel like the best way to "get rich quick" would be to set just one goal and stick to it. The first people to access a major item or item source would get rich pretty quickly. But keep in mind there won't be any billionaires in the game or anything, so who knows how "rich" you'll get.

Mage's book/master wand: Best mage weapon/shield. Not too difficult to get. Would get a lot of magic levels along the way. Requires a TON of runes, though.
Dagannoth Rex: dragon hatchets, berserker rings, warrior rings; easy boss to farm, not many requirements. Just full rune and slayer dart pretty much.

Well my 11 pray game plan does also have the advantage of being able to stake ;).
The people who get rich will be the same people who get rich on the main game, people who are prepared to put a lot of time into training, and who have a good solid sustainable way of profiting, be that through advantage staking, PVM, or double natures.
Or being a flower gamer -.-.
Check it out, huge amount of effort has gone into this massive mod!
Posted Image
old sig

muggiwhplar
[ Display Name History ]

muggiwhplar

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 8,002 posts

Well my 11 pray game plan does also have the advantage of being able to stake ;).
The people who get rich will be the same people who get rich on the main game, people who are prepared to put a lot of time into training, and who have a good solid sustainable way of profiting, be that through advantage staking, PVM, or double natures.
Or being a flower gamer -.-.

Or by luring the hard-working, yet oddly naive stakers, boss hunters, skillers, and merchants :P

77yLQy8.png

Platinum_Myr
[ Display Name History ]

Platinum_Myr

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,604 posts
  • RSN:Serena Sedai
  • RSN2:Fyora Serena
  • Clan:The Knighted Angels
There will be a really low amount of gp in the game to begin with though. I think that lots of different ways will work out alright, but certain things will give headstarts like finishing some quests early could be really good.

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

[ Display Name History ]

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,102 posts
Unsure if its really the right place to put it, but trying to form a group dedicated to getting high alch and yew longbows out as soon as possible.

320-321-30-64255554

Posted Image
old sig

Vann
[ Display Name History ]

Vann

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 357 posts
  • RSN:Vann
  • RSN '07:VannGeaux
  • Clan:Looking for a clan
My plan is to quest for levels as fast as possible followed by slayer until 70s across the board in combat stats and like 55 herb for unid merching and making potions for barrows. Then just camp barrows and merch unids once fally park get running.

Ammako
[ Display Name History ]

Ammako

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,541 posts
IF I get a shield left half drop, it would be so epic that I would work on getting from 45 def to 60 just so I could wield the completed shield.

Might try killing otherworldly beings for a d med, unless there is a better option in August 2007? (Not willing to do KBD for the moment.)

[ Display Name History ]

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,102 posts
I am not going for slayer simply because I don't think that I play enough for it to be worth it.
It is going to be someone playing 20 hours a day who gets to 85 first... I however much I love 07 scape, I cannot put that time in.

"""""Might try killing otherworldly beings for a d med, unless there is a better option in August 2007? (Not willing to do KBD for the moment.)""""""

Not a good idea, that is like killing dragons for a visage, except the visage is not worth very much, they have a terrible drop rate of them IIRC.
Posted Image
old sig

Free_Steel1
[ Display Name History ]

Free_Steel1

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,376 posts
I was thinking about doing thieving for awhile to amass tons of early game currency

free_steel.png
Cowards die many times before their deaths;
The valiant never taste of death but once -Julius Caesar (play)

Quyneax
[ Display Name History ]

Quyneax

Aes Sedai

• Members
  • 11,297 posts
  • RSN:Mierin
If you wanted to get good armour early, you should look into starting a Pest Control clan :P. Solves your black d'hide/Karil's problems.
Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions
99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)
99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)
99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)
99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)
99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)
Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring
Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace
30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Sy_Accursed
[ Display Name History ]

Sy_Accursed

Post Junkie

• Members
  • 16,851 posts
  • RSN:Sy Accursed

If you wanted to get good armour early, you should look into starting a Pest Control clan :P. Solves your black d'hide/Karil's problems.

Aside from of course getting armour enough to survive pest control enough to earn the points

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

[ Display Name History ]

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,102 posts
Interesting minor update, RSOF is starting to have extra sections for the forum added.
Posted Image
old sig

Uade
[ Display Name History ]

Uade

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 137 posts
  • RSN:Ecruteak
  • RSN2:Pot Of Herbs
  • Clan:Rants

Interesting minor update, RSOF is starting to have extra sections for the forum added.

Yeah, and some people are already posting in the market forum lol.

Ecruteak.png
Ecruteak.png

Ecruteak.png

RuneCrafting addict 

Divination addict

Bxpprod
[ Display Name History ]

Bxpprod

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,777 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:Bxpprod
Air running fc lego

[bleep] OFF HOW ARE U SO [bleep]ING LUCKY U PIECE OF [bleep]ING SHIT [bleep] [bleep] [wagon] MUNCHER

().-.
[ Display Name History ]

().-.

Rat Meat

• Members
  • 27 posts

Just gotta think outside the box a little-- which items are taken for granted and will have a very high demand and very low supply like rune hatchets?

Bah, you're on to my cunning MTA plan. :razz:

While those two items are the obvious, once the economy picks up, it will be far more profitable to grind Infinity Boots (best Magic stats in the game) as an endgame item.

On the flip side, I think Crafting will be huge, so an obvious is just grinding out 70 or 80 with Flax & Bowstrings. :wink:

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users