• Yes
    • No
    • I'm F2P
  2. 2. Will you play on 2007 Servers?

• Yes
    • No
    • I'm F2p, so no
    • I'm F2P, but would subscribe

Yes, I will find the outspoken players who fit his description. That doesn't necessarily mean that the general player base behaves like them. If you play the game, you will find hordes of people who do not whine, complain or anything like that. You will find dozens upon dozens of people who are just enjoying a game.

Btw, I've been both on the RSOF and on here since I heard about the possibility of RS07, and to be quite frank, I find the attitude of those pro-07 to be far better.

Sorry if I skip words in my sentences from time to time. My brain tends to be a step or two ahead of my fingers when I type.

You may very well find them to be true, but I don't. After actually playing the game and having conversations with various people I've never met before, those assumptions ('generalizations') couldn't be more wrong. I have yet to find a whiny person, nor a hardcore nostalgia purist. Though, I have found people with concerns about the game as it as right now, who I have discussed possible updates with to fix minor/major problems with. But maybe I haven't looked in the right places.

I suggest looking all over the EoC, where pretty much anyone who so much as hints at liking it is immediately barraged with abuse from ten thousand clones of DClawUrMomsAssOpen or whatever they call themselves nowadays. Most major CCs can't go an hour without having someone come in and vomit incoherent spam all over the place about how much better 2007scape is. So no, I'm not doing this thing where I'm not allowed to have any opinion of the general pro-07 community without having a 5000-page academic dissertation to back it up.

I suggest looking all over the EoC, where pretty much anyone who so much as hints at liking it is immediately barraged with abuse from ten thousand clones of DClawUrMomsAssOpen or whatever they call themselves nowadays.Most major CCs can't go an hour without having someone come in and vomit incoherent spam all over the place about how much better 2007scape is. So no, I'm not doing this thing where I'm not allowed to have any opinion of the general pro-07 community without having a 5000-page academic dissertation to back it up.

Then I guess any discussion between us would become fruitless. It really is hopeless trying to respond when you just spew out a bunch of exaggerations and assumptions.

Sorry if I skip words in my sentences from time to time. My brain tends to be a step or two ahead of my fingers when I type.

I suggest looking all over the EoC, where pretty much anyone who so much as hints at liking it is immediately barraged with abuse from ten thousand clones of DClawUrMomsAssOpen or whatever they call themselves nowadays.Most major CCs can't go an hour without having someone come in and vomit incoherent spam all over the place about how much better 2007scape is. So no, I'm not doing this thing where I'm not allowed to have any opinion of the general pro-07 community without having a 5000-page academic dissertation to back it up.

Then I guess any discussion between us would become fruitless. It really is hopeless trying to respond when you just spew out a bunch of exaggerations and assumptions.

It's ironic that he doesn't see how he epitomises a fair portion of the pro-EOC community perfectly. Self righteousness and hubris galore.

zerker_jane.png

99 farm easy

Stfu, they said an additional fee, doesn't necessarily mean they aren't just assuming you'll be buying EOC too. No need to be a douchebag about it.

What exactly do you think the word "additional" means? Are you purposely feigning ignorance?

Are you purposely feigning stupidity? I just said, since its a members only poll they could be assuming the people interested are already members and saying it will be an additional $5. That's how I read it.

Yes an additional fee to normal membership - ergo both the base normal membership is required and the additional fee.

Regardless of someones membership status it cannot be an additional fee if they are not paying a fee in the first place, that is what additional means. Just like you cannot have additional sky TV packages without sky tv in the first place.

• Like 1

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Stfu, they said an additional fee, doesn't necessarily mean they aren't just assuming you'll be buying EOC too. No need to be a douchebag about it.

What exactly do you think the word "additional" means? Are you purposely feigning ignorance?

Are you purposely feigning stupidity? I just said, since its a members only poll they could be assuming the people interested are already members and saying it will be an additional $5. That's how I read it.

Yes an additional fee to normal membership - ergo both the base normal membership is required and the additional fee.

Regardless of someones membership status it cannot be an additional fee if they are not paying a fee in the first place, that is what additional means. Just like you cannot have additional sky TV packages without sky tv in the first place.

.....That contradicts nothing that I posted.

zerker_jane.png

99 farm easy

@Zeker_Jane

Sy_Accursed has said what I was about to say. It appeared to me, on your previous posts, and still now, that you are implying that if 2007 is not free, then people will be able to pay for 2007 without paying for EoC and vice versa. If this is not what you were implying, my apologies, can you clarify what you were saying? If you are implying what I think you are, then I don't think there's anything to debate, Jagex has explicitly said that if you fall short of the 500K vote, then you will have to pay an additional fee for 2007 in addition to the standard P2P package. So, then, it'd be something like the standard 5$ to 8$ + 5$ in order to play 2007.

Edited: replaced '-' with 'to' for clarity.

@Zeker_Jane

Sy_Accursed has said what I was about to say. It appeared to me, on your previous posts, and still now, that you are implying that if 2007 is not free, then people will be able to pay for 2007 without paying for EoC and vice versa. If this is not what you were implying, my apologies, can you clarify what you were saying? If you are implying what I think you are, then I don't think there's anything to debate, Jagex has explicitly said that if you fall short of the 500K vote, then you will have to pay an additional fee for 2007 in addition to the standard P2P package. So, then, it'd be something like the standard 5$-8$+5$ in order to play 2007.

I'm not implying anything I said I was under the impression that 2007 will have a separate fee based on how I interpret what Jagex said. Then people started talking shit and I replied. I haven't seen Jagex explicitly say you must buy both PTP and 2007 membership to just play 2007.

zerker_jane.png

99 farm easy

I don't see how this is causing an issue, Jagex clearly stated in the poll that anything under 500k votes would incur an additional $5 on top of current rs membership. If 500k votes were reached though the additional fee would be scrapped and membership to 07 servers would be inclusive with runescape membership.

It really is that simple... :?

Quest Cape Achieved 10/08/2012

TFU: Ruinous Edge

TFUsig2_zpsc5e7f1a4.png

A piece of glass in the sand under your feet, it cuts you deep and it makes you hate the beauty that you see.

...The hell am I reading?

Rage.

...which I ask subside quickly before people start getting in trouble. C'mon guys and gals, let's try and be a bit more civil, yes?

Zerker Jane, the original newspost said that if they get between 250k and 500k supporters then the 07 servers will come back "with a smaller additional membership fee of around $5 extra."

This indicates pretty clearly that people will have to pay an extra $5/month on top of the existing membership fee in order to access the 07 servers. But considering the count is at nearly 400k, it seems pretty likely it will reach the 500k+ mark so that 07Scape will not cost anything extra.

• Like 1

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

It's ironic that he doesn't see how he epitomises a fair portion of the pro-EOC community perfectly. Self righteousness and hubris galore.

:?... Can you please be a bit more civil? There's really no need at all for this ad hominem stuff. Most people on this board are experienced enough to see straight past it.

I could quite easily level that accusation at some of pro-PK 07scapers. It wouldn't advance the discussion very far, though. How about we both admit that every community has its fair share of bad apples? Whatever version of RuneScape they're playing is completely irrelevant to that, surely.

...The hell am I reading?

Rage.

...which I ask subside quickly before people start getting in trouble. C'mon guys and gals, let's try and be a bit more civil, yes?

Zerker Jane, the original newspost said that if they get between 250k and 500k supporters then the 07 servers will come back "with a smaller additional membership fee of around $5 extra."

This indicates pretty clearly that people will have to pay an extra $5/month on top of the existing membership fee in order to access the 07 servers. But considering the count is at nearly 400k, it seems pretty likely it will reach the 500k+ mark so that 07Scape will not cost anything extra.

And I said I interpreted their comment differently, you're saying I didn't interpret it that way and am lying about how I interpreted it? I never once claimed either way was fact. Maybe you should read what I'm typing before replying to it.

:?... Can you please be a bit more civil? There's really no need at all for this ad hominem stuff. Most people on this board are experienced enough to see straight past it.

I could quite easily level that accusation at some of pro-PK 07scapers. It wouldn't advance the discussion very far, though. How about we both admit that every community has its fair share of bad apples? Whatever version of RuneScape they're playing is completely irrelevant to that, surely.

I think you need to learn what Ad Hominem means.

zerker_jane.png

99 farm easy

Referring to the epitome of the EoC community as "self righteous" and full of "hubris" is an ad hominem attack and has no part in a sensible discussion. By all means voice your objections to EoC, but stop making sweeping generalizations in an attempt to make you seem more credible.

It doesn't.

You're part of the same Tip.It community as I am. Please start treating other TIFers as such.

• Like 1

Referring to the epitome of the EoC community as "self righteous" and full of "hubris" is an ad hominem attack and has no part in a sensible discussion. By all means voice your objections to EoC, but stop making sweeping generalizations in an attempt to make you seem more credible.

It doesn't.

You're part of the same Tip.It community as I am. Please start treating other TIFers as such.

Where did I do that? "A fair portion" = The entire EOC community?

That's not what Ad Hominem is, by the way. It would be Ad Hominem if I was insulting him to make his argument (which was actually just an insult against the 07 community) look worse. I was not doing that as his argument was already poor, I was just pointing out that he's the EOC version of the portion of the 2007 community he hates.

Last but not least, I get called stupid in this very thread for liking a different version of runescape and that's all cool but I'm an [wagon] for telling you to learn what words mean? Right.

zerker_jane.png

99 farm easy

Nabbaged, good lad - lets keep the economy split :)

Does anybody know the ideal list of quests for starting a zerker pure, landing on 45 def and 43ish prayer? I had one from 2008 but cant find it now. This list also included ideal quests for rfd too - if anyone has it or knows them please let me know!

http://www.zybez.net/guides/62/starting_a_melee_pure/ I used this for my 10 def pure, but it zerker stuff too.

yaay_1_def.png

siggy2.png

So, how long until the first 99? Start of next week?

someone already has 90 cooking and two people have 90 theif, so I'd guess Saturday.

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

Could someone explain to me why i'm still being advertised to go and vote for the servers? Today was the 4th time it appeared and i once again clicked the option to not show this again.

I eventually just gave in realizing that they will get to the 500k tier of votes or will just allow for that level of support to happen no matter what the outcome. Plus, I hear fools are paying exorbitant prices for the exchange of gold from 07scape to the real game so why not help myself while I'm at it.

~ Arcane Rift ~

:: 99 Smithing - 2007-03-04 ::

::
:: 99 Crafting - 2007-06-18 :: 99 Fletching - 2007-08-27 ::

:: 99 Strength - 2009-05-28 ::

:: 99 Prayer - 2011-11-27 ::
:: 99 Slayer - 2012-01-15 ::

:: 99 Summoning - 2012-12-07 :: 99 Firemaking - 2012-12-09 :: 99 Woodcutting - 2013-01-17 :: 99 Mining - 2013-01-31 ::