• Yes
    • No
    • I'm F2P
  2. 2. Will you play on 2007 Servers?

• Yes
    • No
    • I'm F2p, so no
    • I'm F2P, but would subscribe

Nabbaged, good lad - lets keep the economy split :)

Does anybody know the ideal list of quests for starting a zerker pure, landing on 45 def and 43ish prayer? I had one from 2008 but cant find it now. This list also included ideal quests for rfd too - if anyone has it or knows them please let me know!

http://www.zybez.net...g_a_melee_pure/ I used this for my 10 def pure, but it zerker stuff too.

This is a good guide - http://www.mm-rs.org...e-perfect-pure/

Made in 2010 but I'm sure useful information could still be gleaned from it. Dude who made it is 1 def with comp cape stats.

zerker_jane.png

99 farm easy

Kinda bummed but I just got to log into 07scape for the first time. Best way to play catch up?

It depends on what you want to catch up on? What skills do you plan on training immediately? What are your short-term goals? If it's combat or slayer, then the fastest way to catch up is to do quests that give lots of combat XP (example: Waterfall). These will instantly make your combat stats into the 30's. Now, naturally, these quests were never intended to be completed by people with low combat levels, so you will need to find some people or friends (fortunately for you, lots of groups are doing this, so shouldn't be too hard).

If it is some gathering skill, then that's easy enough to train.

Plus, I hear fools are paying exorbitant prices for the exchange of gold from 07scape to the real game so why not help myself while I'm at it.

Sold 100k for just under 100m. I understand this will completely mess up the economy. However as that only took a couple of days to get, I decided to jump on the bandwagon.

Glacors Drops - 33 shards.

Armadyl Drops - 1 Chestplate. 1 Hilt. 2 gloves . 2 Skirts.

Tdc.png

On a completely different note: Anyone up for Shield of Arrav? :)

Sorry if I skip words in my sentences from time to time. My brain tends to be a step or two ahead of my fingers when I type.

Plus, I hear fools are paying exorbitant prices for the exchange of gold from 07scape to the real game so why not help myself while I'm at it.

Sold 100k for just under 100m. I understand this will completely mess up the economy. However as that only took a couple of days to get, I decided to jump on the bandwagon.

How did you arrange the transaction? Some friend's chat? Also, who went first?

So, how long until the first 99? Start of next week?

Wednesday at the latest. Thieving will be the first, followed closely by cooking. Both #1's are currently sitting at 90 right now.

EDIT; This thread sucks because you are all acting so immature. The ignorance needs to stop. It's like watching children fight over who has the better juicebox. Surprising the mods haven't locked this yet, this is painful to read.

It's very annoying when people, as witnessed in this thread, try to act like analysts and justify why people are and aren't playing. It doesn't affect you so go play your game and be done with it. You don't need to have a say on why people play and why they don't; And frankly from reading these types of posts, some of you are complete idiots and keyboard warriors.

• Like 2
patr1ckotg1.png

Damn all of this went fast, wish I jumped on the bandwagon and could've sold a few measly gp's from 07 - now for millions... Oh well, still waiting if I have to pay extra or not. I really want a pure and I really, really want to pk but i'm not going to put money into it...

Sway all day, Butterfly flaps all the way!  tumblr_inline_mp4i2qAGS11qz4rgp.gif

✿ ♥‿♥)

It doesn't affect you so go play your game and be done with it.

So painfully wrong, and thats why people argue. It did effect our game.

• Like 1

Archermanme.png
Quest Cape Achieved on November 14, 2007

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

Hey guys have a question if anyone knows, since construction currently isn't available, what happens if you do a quest that gives construction xp? Or are these quests not available yet either?

It's not that I'm currently planning to do quests that give construction xp, but just curious ;)

I'd imagine you just get the xp, construction is only untrainable because PoH are turned off due to needing to find/make work the old poh servers.

I think construction is disabled for either 2 reasons, and hopefully it's both. They need to fix all the glitches with construction, of which there were tons back in 2007, and maybe they are reworking the price scaling. Construction was designed as a money sink for an inflated economy, and it'd extremely impractical to train it in a young economy like this one.

As another reference, I've heard BA is also disabled, I can only assume that is to take time to prevent numerous smuggling glitches.

patr1ckotg1.png

How did you arrange the transaction? Some friend's chat? Also, who went first?

[hide]"coin swap" fc. The ranks have paid an amount of insurance in eoc gp to the owner. They are then the middlemen (mm). I got my person to do it in 2 trades. so I gave the MM 50k. He gave it to the buyer, then logged onto an EOC world and took 50m from the buyer. The MM then came back to 2007scape and gave me 47m (middleman took off 3m each trade as his fee). This twice and everyone was happy.

[/hide]

Glacors Drops - 33 shards.

Armadyl Drops - 1 Chestplate. 1 Hilt. 2 gloves . 2 Skirts.

Tdc.png

I'm not trying to get in the middle of this, but if you're going to reference that stupid quest then you're extremely childish. You cannot wait one week for a quest? It's a one time thing, if you don't want it to affect your precious game, than maybe go vote so they can put a dedicated team onto the servers.

I don't understand the mentality of "I'm not voting because I don't want it to influence the EOC game." If you truly don't want it affect your game than support the building of a dedicated team. Otherwise it will be a side project for the main developers who will most likely develop both games.

patr1ckotg1.png

Unless there is a flaw in my calculation, there are currently 289,074 players who have made an account and logged in on the 2007 servers.

That means that there are 111974 votes (as of this post) that are either from Jagex or from people who have no interest in playing it and just voted for the sake of voting.

I'm not trying to get in the middle of this, but if you're going to reference that stupid quest then you're extremely childish. You cannot wait one week for a quest? It's a one time thing, if you don't want it to affect your precious game, than maybe go vote so they can put a dedicated team onto the servers.

I don't understand the mentality of "I'm not voting because I don't want it to influence the EOC game." If you truly don't want it affect your game than support the building of a dedicated team. Otherwise it will be a side project for the main developers who will most likely develop both games.

Hey guys I didn't mean to kill that guy, it was a one time thing, don't count it.

Archermanme.png
Quest Cape Achieved on November 14, 2007

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

If you're going to try to come into this thread and play the whole "I am the voice of sanity and civility amongst these flaming keyboard warriors" role, then why don't you actually try to keep up with the discussion instead of regurgitating the same nonsense that lead to so much heated discussion in the first place?

Also, I loved how you came here trying to pretend to maintain some civility and stop the fighting, and then went all "that stupid quest". Apparently, it's fighting and childishness for some people to critique 2007, but it's perfectly okay to say things like "stupid quest".

Sounds like the actual whingers are those desperately trying to convince themselves EOCscape will prevail. Many people gave up on Jagex years ago, especially since the MMG takeover, and had little faith in any 'update for the sake of it' they implemented. While it would be nice to roll back to the Gower brother days, 2007scape is sufficient enough for me, and a far better game than what it is now.

• Like 2

jd4mfinalsmal0jp.gif

Proper Daily blogging including Starcraft 2!

Includes goal for 80+ all stats

In the red corner: People attacking players of a game that they've never played!

In the blue corner: People attacking others for jumping at the opportunity to play the game that they grew up on!

Join us for the battle of the century! *boxing bell*

Not present: facts, etiquette, sanity.

• Like 4

In the red corner: People attacking players of a game that they've never played!

In the blue corner: People attacking others for jumping at the opportunity to play the game that they grew up on!

You missed two minor groups:

1. The group who never played the game, but wanted to jump on the band wagon anyway because they hate EoC (or change, depending on the person)

2. The oldies who grew up on the game, but fiercely opposes its return.

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

1. The group who never played the game, but wanted to jump on the band wagon anyway because they hate EoC (or change, depending on the person)

They don't count.

where do I stand? I played in 07, was in the top 1k overall for the first 3 days on 07scape, think it was a poor decision to release it at the loss of the quest this week, and wouldn't have voted if it wasn't released early...(I also dislike aspects of the EoC, but think its better then not trying)

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

Sounds like the actual whingers are those desperately trying to convince themselves EOCscape will prevail. Many people gave up on Jagex years ago, especially since the MMG takeover, and had little faith in any 'update for the sake of it' they implemented. While it would be nice to roll back to the Gower brother days, 2007scape is sufficient enough for me, and a far better game than what it is now.

Right, But I am not one of those EoCscape supporters (in fact I have many problems against it), but I will not be playing the old RS, because, frankly, the very thing that made the game fun is gone, and will never ever come back, no matter what Jagex does.

Runescape in 2007 is indeed a better game than RS now, but a 2007 version of RS is far away from being better than RS now (in fact I think it's a LOT worse, none of the perks and all of the problems).

Edit. in short: I'd do anything to get back to year 2007 and play runescape, but that is a VERY VERY different matter than just playing 2007 version of Runescape.

• Like 1

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

@ Melo

You may very well find them to be true, but I don't. After actually playing the game and having conversations with various people I've never met before, those assumptions ('generalizations') couldn't be more wrong. I have yet to find a whiny person, nor a hardcore nostalgia purist. Though, I have found people with concerns about the game as it as right now, who I have discussed possible updates with to fix minor/major problems with. But maybe I haven't looked in the right places.

In-game experience with players you meet is anecdotal evidence at best. If you are really interested in finding a more wholesome survey of the base, checking the various forums is a great place to start, and you will most definitely find hordes of people who fit into MBII's generalizations.

How is his anecdotal evidence different from yours?

• Like 1

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.