• Yes
    • No
    • I'm F2P
  2. 2. Will you play on 2007 Servers?

• Yes
    • No
    • I'm F2p, so no
    • I'm F2P, but would subscribe

There are bits about RS2007 I miss too but... I also miss staying up every Christmas for Santa Claus.

Right, But I am not one of those EoCscape supporters (in fact I have many problems against it), but I will not be playing the old RS, because, frankly, the very thing that made the game fun is gone, and will never ever come back, no matter what Jagex does.

Out of curiosity, what "thing" are you talking about specifically?

Let's put it this way, there is something present in the year 2007 that is not present in 2013, and it is not the version of Runescape.

I am starting to believe that when people want the old times back, they don't actually want the game itself, but they want the thing that made the game fun back in 2007, which isn't there anymore in 2013.

Think hard, it's quite obvious what I am talking about.

I'd say if I had to think hard, then it's not obvious.

But my guess is that no matter what Jagex does the community won't be back.

Even though the community isn't back as it was, and it won't be - it's still interesting to see the community which is appearing now. I think the fact that we need more player interactions for trading, and stuff like creating rune running communities etc. will improve the community, at least to some extent.

Personally, despite 2k7 clients not working, I'm really enjoying 2007scape... Its really fun to run round, do old quests, work on getting bank ect ect... I'm sure it might wear off, But for the time being i'm really enjoying it.... However, I don't agree with jagex priritorizing the "new" game, nor with thieir half asses excuses.

meamzed.png

Looks like unless Jagex had another bullet in the chamber, the vote is going to fall well short of even the 470-480 "round up to 500k" number that MMG wants.

Math:

Date -- Time -- Votes -- Change

22nd -- 17:13 -- 275343 -- +0 (approximate launch of 07scape)

23rd -- 17:10 -- 329179 -- +53,836

24th -- 17:00 -- 362507 -- +33,328 (-38%)

25th -- 16:50 -- 389498 -- +26,991 (-19%)

26th -- 16:50 -- 410224 -- +20,726 (-23.2%)

Projecting out the next 2 days and change, at an estimated 20% decay in votes per day would yield somewhere around 35k additional votes, or 445k total. Jagex is going to have to make a major stretch to make this look like 500k.

Or else they just throw up their hands and give it away free anyhow. It's their game.

weathermatt.png

diy_wmatt.png

I'm loving these 07Scape tip videos coming out. It's amazing how quickly people have been rediscovering the fastest and most cost effective way to do things.

btw - does anyone know what song that is?

Some of this stuff is known though. It's just been slumbering the last few years - like cursing.

That feeling when all these shops are gonna be bought out now.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Interestingly as well the initial surge of interest in playing seems to of waned too:

http://www.misplaceditems.com/2007online.php

Since the figures dropped from 100k+ (and the lines have changed entirely) to 60k ish for live I am assuming misplaced as tweaked so tht live figure line is showing the front page total lest 07 total.

But even so it seems the initial peaking around yesterday night where they were nearly 50:50 as ended and we have slipped back to around 60:40 in favour of live.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

was wondering why i was in lumby with 3 items when logged today...then remember i lefty my game open last night when went bed so random can come and kill while just standing in game...learned that its not good to leave account logged in even for few mins without seeing screen

Interestingly as well the initial surge of interest in playing seems to of waned too:

http://www.misplaced.../2007online.php

Since the figures dropped from 100k+ (and the lines have changed entirely) to 60k ish for live I am assuming misplaced as tweaked so tht live figure line is showing the front page total lest 07 total.

But even so it seems the initial peaking around yesterday night where they were nearly 50:50 as ended and we have slipped back to around 60:40 in favour of live.

That is all very well, but I would say at LEAST 10k+ could be more bots are in EOCscape at any time.

Check it out, huge amount of effort has gone into this massive mod!

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]

I often find peoples estimations of bots excessive - I mean on an average world you see like 12 or so at sorceress, grots, greens and frosts. Even allowing say 100 more per world on average tucked away in less notable places and your not talking more than 3k or so online at a time.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

His guess is as good as anyone's unless someone has done some sort of bot census that I haven't heard about.

From the empty days of hope, deny the darkness
Follow my voice, we'll run far away from here

If only to hide, to escape this life
And live forever, forever in the sun

I must admit my wording was a bit off in that post, after all 10k amounts to like 75-ish per world, but still though bots are certainly a problem you only seem to see little clusters in certain places of no more than 10 or so for most worlds - so I dunno to me it just does not seem to insane numbers like 10k online at a time that some people produce are quite feasible.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

In the last 110 pages the word delusional has been thrown around so much, one more won't hurt.

It's no more delusional than the people who claim that 50% of the population that play the main game are bots.

The fact is, nobody but Jagex knows the ratio of Bots:People.

Sylpheed.png

The fact is, nobody but Jagex knows the ratio of Bots:People.

We probably overstate the number of gold farmer bots because they're so visible and understate the number of players botting for personal advancement for the opposite reason.

In fairness, Jagex have previously stated that the vast majority of bots are currently believed to be gold farmers, by the company's anti-bot team.

Huh?

Date: 2013-02-26 22:30:00

Live Users: 53,122 [50.19%]

2007 Users: 52,714 [49.81%]

Huh?

Yeah cause obviously my post was psychically accounting for changes several hours after I posted it.

Jacmob's gold farmer nuke certainly made a dent in the gap though.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Who said 50%?

Also, clearly Jagex doesn't even know the bot:player ratio.

It's not hard to find someone who thinks the main game is made up predominantly of bots.

Clearly they don't, because the players know more about Jagex then Jagex do, right? ;)

Sylpheed.png

You also have to remember that main game has not only lots of bots, but lots of f2pers.

So there is considerable amount more RS members playing 07 than main game (of course this can be attributed to the initial peak), but since there was the post showing how much of a drop there already was, I just think it's interesting.

nabsigmar2011.png

[spoiler=My 99s (7)]9,638th to 99 Fletching ~ 29th January 2007

737th to 99 Hunter ~ 2nd July 2007

910th to 99 Agility ~ 28th January 2008

59,467th to 99 Defence ~ 23rd December 2009

92,762nd to 99 Hitpoints ~ 26th June 2010

102,704th to 99 Attack ~ 29th June 2010

144,091st to 99 Strength ~ 29th June 2010

Huh?

Interestingly the numbers favor 2007scape as it gets more into peak times, if that's not proof of significant bot numbers what else is.

Check it out, huge amount of effort has gone into this massive mod!

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]

You also have to remember that main game has not only lots of bots, but lots of f2pers.

So there is considerable amount more RS members playing 07 than main game (of course this can be attributed to the initial peak), but since there was the post showing how much of a drop there already was, I just think it's interesting.

Yeah, that's 100% true. The fact you have 50k members playing 07scape is really astonishing.