• No
    • I'm F2P
  2. 2. Will you play on 2007 Servers?

• Yes
    • No
    • I'm F2p, so no
    • I'm F2P, but would subscribe

@ Melo

You may very well find them to be true, but I don't. After actually playing the game and having conversations with various people I've never met before, those assumptions ('generalizations') couldn't be more wrong. I have yet to find a whiny person, nor a hardcore nostalgia purist. Though, I have found people with concerns about the game as it as right now, who I have discussed possible updates with to fix minor/major problems with. But maybe I haven't looked in the right places.

In-game experience with players you meet is anecdotal evidence at best. If you are really interested in finding a more wholesome survey of the base, checking the various forums is a great place to start, and you will most definitely find hordes of people who fit into MBII's generalizations.

How is his anecdotal evidence different from yours?

Yeah I agree with you.

@ Yoko Kurama: In-game you have a nice spread of people who are actually playing the game.

The forum is mostly full of loud unhappy people who always want what's best for themselves, in fact it's like 90% filled with those people.

Those who are happy are not talking on the forum, they are in-game enjoying themselves. And the in-game community has been excellent so far, maybe I've been lucky and only met friendly people, so I'm not going to make any assumptions, but I've found it to be very positive. (and I'm not trying to make conclusions or prove a point, just stating what I've experienced)

nabsigmar2011.png

[spoiler=My 99s (7)]9,638th to 99 Fletching ~ 29th January 2007

737th to 99 Hunter ~ 2nd July 2007

910th to 99 Agility ~ 28th January 2008

59,467th to 99 Defence ~ 23rd December 2009

92,762nd to 99 Hitpoints ~ 26th June 2010

102,704th to 99 Attack ~ 29th June 2010

144,091st to 99 Strength ~ 29th June 2010

I never presented it as evidence. I merely pointed out that the assumptions made about RS07 players aren't, from my experiences so far, accurate.

Edit: I might add that the biggest douchebags I've encountered so far are people saying 'gg' when beating me at the last bit of the Gnome Stronghold agility course.

Sorry if I skip words in my sentences from time to time. My brain tends to be a step or two ahead of my fingers when I type.

I never presented it as evidence. I merely pointed out that the assumptions made about RS07 players aren't, from my experiences so far, accurate.

Edit: I might add that the biggest douchebags I've encountered so far are people saying 'gg' when beating me at the last bit of the Gnome Stronghold agility course.

People who tell me "gf" instantly get a free spot on my ignore list :lol:

• Like 1

77yLQy8.png

There are bits about RS2007 I miss too but... I also miss staying up every Christmas for Santa Claus.

Right, But I am not one of those EoCscape supporters (in fact I have many problems against it), but I will not be playing the old RS, because, frankly, the very thing that made the game fun is gone, and will never ever come back, no matter what Jagex does.

Out of curiosity, what "thing" are you talking about specifically?

Just throwing in a bit of an opinion here, but I'm probably right in thinking Jagex will choose whatever gives them the most profit when it comes to 07 servers, I'm guessing at least 70%+ won't be willing to pay an additional fee, so it would be better to just "bump up" the vote to 500k, and get way more subscribers (and therefore money), no?

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

How is his anecdotal evidence different from yours?

His evidence was conversations with people whom he encountered in the game, whereas I suggested taking an informal cross-section of various communities and fan-sites across the net.

I can safely say that everyone who plays on 2007 servers actually prefer the EoC.

(And I know it's true because I read it in a YouTube comment.)

• Like 1

I'm loving these 07Scape tip videos coming out. It's amazing how quickly people have been rediscovering the fastest and most cost effective way to do things.

btw - does anyone know what song that is?

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Thanks. :thumbsup:

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

I was away from the internet for nearly 2 weeks, and when I come back I keep hearing rumours that Jagex changed something about the numbers required for certain things or something? Anyone care to elaborate so I don't have to read 100 pages?

Basically everything other than f2p being free that was on 750k got taken down to 500k tier, I think several bits of 500k got brought down to 250k as well.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Basically Jagex gifted 250k votes.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Am I going a bit goofy or is the vote counter gone?

Nevermind, found it haha. I don't see the counter on the front page anymore so I just stopped being a lazy git and went to the voting page linked in the original news article. Only 408k votes :/ I would happily trade away weekly updates for basic with a smaller team for it to be free to members. I'm not playing this just so it can be a clone of the current-day game anyway. (Though it wouldn't be terrible, I just value one more highly than the other.)

hzvjpwS.gif

I'm loving these 07Scape tip videos coming out. It's amazing how quickly people have been rediscovering the fastest and most cost effective way to do things.

btw - does anyone know what song that is?

Some of this stuff is known though. It's just been slumbering the last few years - like cursing.

Does anyone know why when I load windows for 2007scape, then put my mac on sleep, then turn it back on, the 07 windows go all black where the game window is? trying to evade my school's filter, but I find this really annoying, any potential fixes?

meamzed.png

There are bits about RS2007 I miss too but... I also miss staying up every Christmas for Santa Claus.

Right, But I am not one of those EoCscape supporters (in fact I have many problems against it), but I will not be playing the old RS, because, frankly, the very thing that made the game fun is gone, and will never ever come back, no matter what Jagex does.

Out of curiosity, what "thing" are you talking about specifically?

Let's put it this way, there is something present in the year 2007 that is not present in 2013, and it is not the version of Runescape.

I am starting to believe that when people want the old times back, they don't actually want the game itself, but they want the thing that made the game fun back in 2007, which isn't there anymore in 2013.

Think hard, it's quite obvious what I am talking about.

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

I can safely say that everyone who plays on 2007 servers actually prefer the EoC.

(And I know it's true because I read it in a YouTube comment.)

None of my statements, implicitly or explicitly attempted to 'speak for everyone' in either EoC or 2007. As I stated before in this thread, a generalization is not, by definition, meant to represent everyone.