• Yes
    • No
    • I'm F2P
  2. 2. Will you play on 2007 Servers?

• Yes
    • No
    • I'm F2p, so no
    • I'm F2P, but would subscribe

Well, all the stops they've had to pull out, just to get this thing to 480K puts the original claim of 750K somewhere in the territory of 'totally ludicrous and delusional'.

I'm not so fussed about the poll because we all know of Jagex's intention to bump it up to the 500K mark anyway. I'll be more interested in RS07 playing figures come two or three months time.

Probably higher than EOC playing figures.

not likely considering its currently free and new content and is still significantly lower.

(40k vs either 56k or 96k (not sure if homepage numbers include 07scape numbers))

Members vs members

even subtracting f2p EOC currently has ~10k more players. Stop living in a fantasy world.

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

Well, all the stops they've had to pull out, just to get this thing to 480K puts the original claim of 750K somewhere in the territory of 'totally ludicrous and delusional'.

I'm not so fussed about the poll because we all know of Jagex's intention to bump it up to the 500K mark anyway. I'll be more interested in RS07 playing figures come two or three months time.

not likely considering its currently free and new content and is still significantly lower.

(40k vs either 56k or 96k (not sure if homepage numbers include 07scape numbers))

Members vs members

even subtracting f2p EOC currently has ~10k more players. Stop living in a fantasy world.

And you think it's good that the 2013 version of the game is barely scraping above the 2007 version? 3 months is a long time, plenty of time for Jagex to update EOC into the dirt.

zerker_jane.png

99 farm easy

Members vs members

And you think it's good that the 2013 version of the game is barely scraping above the 2007 version? 3 months is a long time, plenty of time for Jagex to update EOC into the dirt.

plenty of time for jagex to attach a cost to 07scape too. You're making a lot of assumptions here (players will move to 07scape rather then just quitting if there upset with a game, players who are upset with jagex for an update, will be willing to pay extra to play a different jagex game).

Basically, The game is new and free, of course a bunch of people are playing it now. Not so much once it's old and costs an additional $5.

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

Until the free one month that comes with voting ends, there isn't much you can say about player numbers. Even if 2007scape ends up being 'free' along with regular P2P, I think there will be some people with one month subscriptions leaving.

After that, it'll take a good deal more time for things to settle, but we should have some idea at least.

Also, I would like to note that my original prediction was 400k votes, which will be reached and passed soon. Onwards to 500k? There's ~76 hours of voting left.

• Like 1

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

plenty of time for jagex to attach a cost to 07scape too. You're making a lot of assumptions here (players will move to 07scape rather then just quitting if there upset with a game, players who are upset with jagex for an update, will be willing to pay extra to play a different jagex game).

Basically, The game is new and free, of course a bunch of people are playing it now. Not so much once it's old and costs an additional $5.

If Jagex actually make you pay for EOC as well, you're right. I was under the impression that you could pay $5 for 2007 and then an additional $5 if you want EOC too. Making people pay for EOC when they don't want to play it will obviously drive members away, I won't play if I have to pay for both when I only want to play 2007.

Until the free one month that comes with voting ends, there isn't much you can say about player numbers. Even if 2007scape ends up being 'free' along with regular P2P, I think there will be some people with one month subscriptions leaving.

After that, it'll take a good deal more time for things to settle, but we should have some idea at least.

Also, I would like to note that my original prediction was 400k votes, which will be reached and passed soon. Onwards to 500k? There's ~76 hours of voting left.

They got one month subscriptions because they want to play 2007 not EOC. I did the same thing. I'll be cancelling my members if I have to pay for both.

zerker_jane.png

99 farm easy

There are a few things that some people here seem to be forgetting:

A) Some of the players in 2007 are new players who were never actually here for 2007 trying the game out because it's a new world to them. That's not exactly the same thing as a sustained interest in 2007. Upon looking back, I believe Sy_Accursed has touched on this aspect rather nicely in this (click 'post' for link) post.

B) This is a honeymoon period. Even if you want to insist proudly that you and all your friends are playing because of the 'fun and not the nostalgia', it's beside the point. Many people playing 2007 are not like you. They really are here for the nostalgia, or have heightened expectations, neither of which will last.

C)2007 is mainly, though not only, attractive to older players. By that I mean, most of the dedicated fanbase are people who played RS or have some idea of it. If 2007 ever becomes an equal to the main game, or supersedes it, sure it will have its dedicated base, but outside of that, such an outdated game (and, it is objectively outdated) won't last in a 2013 MMORPG market, meaning, it will not substantially attract new players to the site/game. That, alone, precludes it from being the 'future' of the game.

D) For Jagex, it appears this is nothing more than the new SOF/SGS to pimp out for the short-term profit. Hence the fact that for the last week, there are over 10 posts dedicated to solely to 2007, while there is nothing dedicated to the main game (so much for the 'it won't affect the main game' mantra). Apparently, in their infinite stupidity which has no bounds, they are jeopardizing the sustainability of the main-game for some short-term profit. Any company that is this profit driven and has such a callous disregard for their customer-base (just see the TWW fiasco) will be more than happy to crap all over 2007 when profits start dipping. Don't get too comfortable. This really is a honeymoon in more than one way; certain things can only go downhill from here.

• Like 1

I don't understand. People are playing RS2007, but voting hasn't finished? :-?

Well they've surpassed 50k votes a long time ago, so the 2007 servers have been brought back, the extra votes will decide how much jagex will charge for 07sape and how much development will be designated to it.

I don't understand. People are playing RS2007, but voting hasn't finished? :-?

In a clever PR stunt Jagex released free early access servers to anyone who has voted; thereby causing the 'not going to vote as not that interested but might check it out if it's free' camp to become the 'I'll go vote cause I can get on there and check it out' camp thereby injecting fresh life into the poll that was again beginning the flatline.

One wonders what Jagex will pull out of the bag in the coming days now the vote seems to be flatlining again short of the 500k benchmark that they so obviously want to hit (what with all the pr moves and pulling most of the 750k tier down to 500k tier when it became apparent it was never gonna get that high)

Thank you both for your informative replies! :P

@Sy: They'll probably continue to manipulate the vote tiers, by the sounds of it.

RIP RU_Insane. August 3rd, 2005 - November 11th, 2012.
RU_Insane.png

My Stats on Old School RuneScape: 

RU_Insane.png
O4zgH.png
Reform Customer Support
Check Out My Threads UNRoA.gif

If Jagex actually make you pay for EOC as well, you're right. I was under the impression that you could pay $5 for 2007 and then an additional $5 if you want EOC too. Making people pay for EOC when they don't want to play it will obviously drive members away, I won't play if I have to pay for both when I only want to play 2007.

They got one month subscriptions because they want to play 2007 not EOC. I did the same thing. I'll be cancelling my members if I have to pay for both.

This right here is why I've chosen to ignore all the ramblings of the pro 07 group. Most if not all of them are too stupid to go and read all the facts and see whats coming their way.

• Like 1

Archermanme.png
Quest Cape Achieved on November 14, 2007

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

Admittedly they haven't outright said 07 will require normal members, but it is rather implicit when the info on cost says 'additional $x' for the 2 lower ones and 'included in your normal members' for the 'free' tier.

It can't be an additional fee if there is not a base fee in the first place.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Seems wiser to offer a "base" EOC membership or a base 07 membership. Then you can pay an additional fee to use the other one. In my case, I could play 07 for cheaper since I'm not interested in EOC

Which is why they will make you pay for both. If you want 07 you pay more.

• Like 1

Archermanme.png
Quest Cape Achieved on November 14, 2007

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

Admittedly they haven't outright said 07 will require normal members, but it is rather implicit when the info on cost says 'additional $x' for the 2 lower ones and 'included in your normal members' for the 'free' tier.

It can't be an additional fee if there is not a base fee in the first place.

This is because they want to hook up old players who quit for whatever reason with something familiar. But they also want them to come back to the modern game after the shine wears off, so you get access to full game for the same price (or less even!). Who wouldn't at least try the other version? Then... hopefully they see all the awesome graphics and interface improvements and boom, new long-term subscribers.

Yeah, that does sound a bit optimistic, haha.

In any case, RS had something like 10x viewers on Twitch for the last few days, so maybe the hype part of the 07 servers wasn't a fail after all. Now, fix the modern game so people can actually move over and stay there ;)

Am I the only one who finds it really funny that people think the longevity of Runescape lies with servers that will never receive any updates of any description without the express approval of a bunch of whiny PKers and hardcore nostalgia purists?

Even if I had any interest in 2007 before, the rest of the player base I've seen talking about it would turn me off entirely.

• Like 2

So many generalizations. Are you even serious?

• Like 1

Sorry if I skip words in my sentences from time to time. My brain tends to be a step or two ahead of my fingers when I type.

Am I the only one who finds it really funny that people think the longevity of Runescape lies with servers that will never receive any updates of any description without the express approval of a bunch of whiny PKers and hardcore nostalgia purists?

Even if I had any interest in 2007 before, the rest of the player base I've seen talking about it would turn me off entirely.

even though they'll never admit that they just want to stay in the graveyard forever, them doing so is enough for me to have my lulz

8f14270694.jpg

There are a few things that some people here seem to be forgetting:

A) Some of the players in 2007 are new players who were never actually here for 2007 trying the game out because it's a new world to them.

Something funny about this, when I was leaving Varrock once, there was a pair of people walking. One of them said "Let's just go to the GE and buy stuff" or something similar :P

2s0cxth.png

I disagree. I believe the silent majority will decide which updates will be passed, IF the poll reaches 500k (or 480k/whatever the benchmark really is), not the 'whiny PKers and hardcore nostalgia purists'.

Sorry if I skip words in my sentences from time to time. My brain tends to be a step or two ahead of my fingers when I type.

So many generalizations. Are you even serious?

Generalizations are often useful, and indeed true. Simply pointing out "well, it doesn't apply to everyone" is not a rational response, because generalizations, by definition, are not intended to apply to absolutely everyone. They're are only intended to apply to a significant or noticeable segment of a population group. Generalization, after all, contains the root word 'general' in it. A great deal of the generalizations made about the the 2007 people, particularly those made by MBII, I find to be true.

You may very well find them to be true, but I don't. After actually playing the game and having conversations with various people I've never met before, those assumptions ('generalizations') couldn't be more wrong. I have yet to find a whiny person, nor a hardcore nostalgia purist. Though, I have found people with concerns about the game as it as right now, who I have discussed possible updates with to fix minor/major problems with. But maybe I haven't looked in the right places.

This right here is why I've chosen to ignore all the ramblings of the pro 07 group. Most if not all of them are too stupid to go and read all the facts and see whats coming their way.

Stfu, they said an additional fee, doesn't necessarily mean they aren't just assuming you'll be buying EOC too. No need to be a douchebag about it.

zerker_jane.png

99 farm easy

Stfu, they said an additional fee, doesn't necessarily mean they aren't just assuming you'll be buying EOC too. No need to be a douchebag about it.

What exactly do you think the word "additional" means? Are you purposely feigning ignorance?

-------

@ Melo

You may very well find them to be true, but I don't. After actually playing the game and having conversations with various people I've never met before, those assumptions ('generalizations') couldn't be more wrong. I have yet to find a whiny person, nor a hardcore nostalgia purist. Though, I have found people with concerns about the game as it as right now, who I have discussed possible updates with to fix minor/major problems with. But maybe I haven't looked in the right places.

In-game experience with players you meet is anecdotal evidence at best. If you are really interested in finding a more wholesome survey of the base, checking the various forums is a great place to start, and you will most definitely find hordes of people who fit into MBII's generalizations.

Edited: Fixed typo, meant 'find', not 'mind'.

• Like 1

What exactly do you think the word "additional" means? Are you purposely feigning ignorance?

Are you purposely feigning stupidity? I just said, since its a members only poll they could be assuming the people interested are already members and saying it will be an additional $5. That's how I read it.

zerker_jane.png

99 farm easy