• Yes
    • No
    • I'm F2P
  2. 2. Will you play on 2007 Servers?

• Yes
    • No
    • I'm F2p, so no
    • I'm F2P, but would subscribe

I said fixed not perfected. It's a hell of a lot better now than it was in rapierscape.

From the empty days of hope, deny the darkness
Follow my voice, we'll run far away from here

If only to hide, to escape this life
And live forever, forever in the sun

I said fixed not perfected. It's a hell of a lot better now than it was in rapierscape.

I don't know if I would go that far. A lot of the issues were resolved, but there are so many more new issues. It's different, but not necessarily better.

• Like 1

Before the eoc magic was dominant, now it's melee.

When was magic ever dominant?

The only way you could ever compete with the best melee weapons using magic was with full virtus, wolpertingers and Storm of Armadyl. Other than that, magic might have been usable or even powerful, but it was by no means dominant except for maybe very short time periods before melee got a new weapon that obliterated the previous magic strategy.

I agree, though, that suggesting EoC fixed the combat triangle is laughable. What we have now, in pre-EoC terms, is Storm of Armadyl changed to Fire Surge but dealing 5 more damage, the Chaotic Maul hitting at dart speed with a +600 strength bonus and a new whip that hits at twice the speed and ignores any and all defence.

EDIT to add that on the plus side, EoC has made it vastly easier for jagex to fix these flaws. Before, they needed to balance everything really carefully and come up with niche special attacks. Now, all they need to do is tweak a couple of numbers.

Magic was ALWAYS the best after ancients. Magic could even beat ranged.

77yLQy8.png

Just a quick heads up. Since cross server trading is allowed, and since 07 gp is so valuable right now, even people who still play EoCscape and dont want to touch these servers might want to listen to this.

Right now, you can get 30k/hr in 07 by thieving silk. As of now, 30k in 07 servers can be exchanged for 30M EoC GP at any gold selling site, or with other players.

This means basically anyone willing to put 30 mins or so into getting 20 thieving on the 07 servers can make 30M/hr on the EoC.

Combat training supplies are also in very high demand; making and selling iron knives on 07 servers for EoC gold is about 24M/hr.

Asmodean <3

They actually said it wasn't against the rules just that you risk someone not coming through on the deal. They have no checks in place so it's risky. Using a gold SITE is against the rules but player to player trading would not be.

• Like 1

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

Before the eoc magic was dominant, now it's melee.

When was magic ever dominant?

The only way you could ever compete with the best melee weapons using magic was with full virtus, wolpertingers and Storm of Armadyl. Other than that, magic might have been usable or even powerful, but it was by no means dominant except for maybe very short time periods before melee got a new weapon that obliterated the previous magic strategy.

I agree, though, that suggesting EoC fixed the combat triangle is laughable. What we have now, in pre-EoC terms, is Storm of Armadyl changed to Fire Surge but dealing 5 more damage, the Chaotic Maul hitting at dart speed with a +600 strength bonus and a new whip that hits at twice the speed and ignores any and all defence.

EDIT to add that on the plus side, EoC has made it vastly easier for jagex to fix these flaws. Before, they needed to balance everything really carefully and come up with niche special attacks. Now, all they need to do is tweak a couple of numbers.

Magic was ALWAYS the best after ancients. Magic could even beat ranged.

In PvP, yeah. It was almost always worse than Melee and Ranged for PvE, until we got Storm of Overpoweredness and the polypore staff.

• Like 1

I have like 5m newscape money and a dozen sets of rune and a few thousand water/earth/fire talismans.. Is that worth anything?

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

The fact that they allow cross-server trading is utterly disgusting and is no different from RWTing or multi-logging.

It takes away the charm of everyone starting off on equal footing and the people who were at the top in EOC will have a huge advantage over everyone else in 07scape.

This is shameful.

• Like 12

You can log out any time you like, but you can never leave.

Just a quick heads up. Since cross server trading is allowed, and since 07 gp is so valuable right now, even people who still play EoCscape and dont want to touch these servers might want to listen to this.

Right now, you can get 30k/hr in 07 by thieving silk. As of now, 30k in 07 servers can be exchanged for 30M EoC GP at any gold selling site, or with other players.

This means basically anyone willing to put 30 mins or so into getting 20 thieving on the 07 servers can make 30M/hr on the EoC.

Combat training supplies are also in very high demand; making and selling iron knives on 07 servers for EoC gold is about 24M/hr.

Bots in t-minus 33 hours and counting.

LgEZt.png

It's not something I personally use as I value my time on EoCScape far, far higher than 30M/hr. But I figured best to let people know about it so they have a chance to make some quick gp.

So where can these kinds of trades be requested at since they don't allow it on the main RS forums?

~ Arcane Rift ~

:: 99 Smithing - 2007-03-04 ::

::
:: 99 Crafting - 2007-06-18 :: 99 Fletching - 2007-08-27 ::

:: 99 Strength - 2009-05-28 ::

:: 99 Prayer - 2011-11-27 ::
:: 99 Slayer - 2012-01-15 ::

:: 99 Summoning - 2012-12-07 :: 99 Firemaking - 2012-12-09 :: 99 Woodcutting - 2013-01-17 :: 99 Mining - 2013-01-31 ::

Before this goes too far, the moderating team is currently discussing how we're going to treat this new form of trust trading and will let you know soon.

In the meantime, I want to strongly emphasize that this is an extremely unsafe thing to do and suggest that no one do it. If you are scammed, Jagex has a long history of not returning any items or gp you were scammed out of.

Okay, Mod hat off now. Continue discussing how much you're all enjoying 07Scape. :)

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

It's not something I personally use as I value my time on EoCScape far, far higher than 30M/hr. But I figured best to let people know about it so they have a chance to make some quick gp.

I know you're just trying to be helpful and anyone would probably be able to find out that info, but I feel we should really encourage people to not trade between games as it defeats part of the purpose of the fresh start. And it also takes away hard work from those who just play the main RS game too.

nabsigmar2011.png

[spoiler=My 99s (7)]9,638th to 99 Fletching ~ 29th January 2007

737th to 99 Hunter ~ 2nd July 2007

910th to 99 Agility ~ 28th January 2008

59,467th to 99 Defence ~ 23rd December 2009

92,762nd to 99 Hitpoints ~ 26th June 2010

102,704th to 99 Attack ~ 29th June 2010

144,091st to 99 Strength ~ 29th June 2010

Rune scimmy in the bag. It was 55k, but I was probably paying way too much. I really have no idea how low/high scimmies go.

Sorry if I skip words in my sentences from time to time. My brain tends to be a step or two ahead of my fingers when I type.

Then I'm certainly not complaining! Now I just gotta get 40 attack to wield it. Only one level to go!

Sorry if I skip words in my sentences from time to time. My brain tends to be a step or two ahead of my fingers when I type.