• Yes
    • No
    • I'm F2P
  2. 2. Will you play on 2007 Servers?

• Yes
    • No
    • I'm F2p, so no
    • I'm F2P, but would subscribe

Is it only me who was in both of the categories "Plays EoC" and "Did not know the scroll button rotated the camera"?

My arrow keys just earned themselves a long holiday.

I had no idea until people were mentioning it, but I haven't really played RS in 2 years and I don't really play it now so I guess that doesn't count.

nabsigmar2011.png

[spoiler=My 99s (7)]9,638th to 99 Fletching ~ 29th January 2007

737th to 99 Hunter ~ 2nd July 2007

910th to 99 Agility ~ 28th January 2008

59,467th to 99 Defence ~ 23rd December 2009

92,762nd to 99 Hitpoints ~ 26th June 2010

102,704th to 99 Attack ~ 29th June 2010

144,091st to 99 Strength ~ 29th June 2010

Interesting how at this stage all 4 estimations from Misplacedme's graph are starting to converge, guess this means (excluding any sudden surges) it's getting pretty accurate to where the final tally will fall:

Total votes on March 1, 2013(estimate)

By votes during the most recent log: 443,010

By votes in the last hour: 442,988

By votes in the last 24 hours: 451,583

By votes since logging began: 471,573

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Is it only me who was in both of the categories "Plays EoC" and "Did not know the scroll button rotated the camera"?

Yeah, I only knew because I have been lurking about in a lot of forums and it popped up somewhere. It is pretty awesome and I am relatively sure that a lot, if not most RS players do not know that it works.

purekilljoy.png

Actually the scroll thingy is just indicative of all sorts of outdated interface mechanisms in RS2007. For people who are accustomed to 2013 (which most of us are) that can be a big hurdle. From having to go to tools for 'run', not being able to press tab for replying to PM's, and a whole host of other things, it's certainly annoying. When the whole premise of the game is to spend countless hours grinding, that can make a big difference. I don't support a separate development team, but that's one thing Jagex should have done: streamline and modernize the interface.

It is possible to press Ctrl to run.

• Like 2

Actually the scroll thingy is just indicative of all sorts of outdated interface mechanisms in RS2007. For people who are accustomed to 2013 (which most of us are) that can be a big hurdle. From having to go to tools for 'run', not being able to press tab for replying to PM's, and a whole host of other things, it's certainly annoying. When the whole premise of the game is to spend countless hours grinding, that can make a big difference. I don't support a separate development team, but that's one thing Jagex should have done: streamline and modernize the interface.

Some things are better in 07 like no summoning.

So you can just point and click on the screen to where you want to run.

Now that crap is always in the way and you have to use the minimap all the time or right click on the ground to go anywhere.

I have never adjusted to that inconvenience and it still bugs the shit out of me like when I'm at QBD.

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

Thank YOU! Had forgotten that! :)

Thank YOU! Had forgotten that! :)

For about 5 seconds then back to walking rolf.

• Like 1
I am not a skiller, but i do some skills.

rcwar1st.gifconwar3rd.gifwcdec2nd.gifskillwar2nd.gif

Spring2008slaycompsig.png

I still use the arrow keys even though I knew about the scroll button...I remember spazzing my screen about a bit with it when it was released and thought it was some sort of novelty thing, didn't realize it was actually useable :L

Asmodean <3

I must admit I'm not even sure what people means when they say the 'scroll button' so yeah I'm as clueless to it doing anything to do with camera controls.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I must admit I'm not even sure what people means when they say the 'scroll button' so yeah I'm as clueless to it doing anything to do with camera controls.

Middle button on your mouse that you use to scroll on web pages, if you press it down and hold it you can swivel to move the screen.

Assuming you have that button and aren't using some archaic dinosaur of a mouse with a ball in it.

• Like 1

Archermanme.png
Quest Cape Achieved on November 14, 2007

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

Oh the middle button/scroll wheel - that makes sense now. Thought pressing and swivelling sounds like more hassle than using the keyboard imo.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Oh the middle button/scroll wheel - that makes sense now. Thought pressing and swivelling sounds like more hassle than using the keyboard imo.

If you use the rest of your keyboard functionally mouse based movements are better as seen in almost all games that require it.

Thats why wasd is so much better then arrow keys for movement because you have other functional keys near by and you use the mouse for moving in the "third" dimension.

Archermanme.png

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

If you use the rest of your keyboard functionally mouse based movements are better as seen in almost all games that require it.

Thats why wasd is so much better then arrow keys for movement because you have other functional keys near by and you use the mouse for moving in the "third" dimension.

Meh like I said I find using the arrows to be less hassle; for me it works better and I get more done. I also hate WASD and change controls to arrows in most games that allow - I just can't get on with WASD.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Assuming you have that button and aren't using some archaic dinosaur of a mouse with a ball in it.

Hey! My mouse has a ball in it, and it's rather new. :P

• Like 1

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

how can you do this?.... just scroll up and down with scroll button? I don't have a roll all directions one, just up and down :P

meamzed.png

how can you do this?.... just scroll up and down with scroll button? I don't have a roll all directions one, just up and down :P

Hold down the scroll button, and move your mouse.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

I'm not sure that should even be allowed to be called a mouse >.< thats like the dinosaur that fell into the uranium pit and spit out a mutated monster.

• Like 2

Archermanme.png

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

I'm not sure that should even be allowed to be called a mouse >.< thats like the dinosaur that fell into the uranium pit and spit out a mutated monster.

DP75IFu.png

• Like 5

From the empty days of hope, deny the darkness
Follow my voice, we'll run far away from here

If only to hide, to escape this life
And live forever, forever in the sun

DP75IFu.png

Deathclaw <3

And I have the same mouse. It's so nice.

Someone has a ball mouse and someone doesn't know what the scroll does ... ?

You guys scare me sometimes ... :unsure:

I knew what it does - I just have never heard it called the 'scroll button' only ever heard it called the scroll wheel with which you can middle click.

Plv6Dz6.jpg