• Yes
    • No
    • I'm F2P
  2. 2. Will you play on 2007 Servers?

• Yes
    • No
    • I'm F2p, so no
    • I'm F2P, but would subscribe

I'm glad someone at Jagex realized that it's the best chance that 07Scape has of surviving.

Hopefully they don't start restricting access to it like they did with RSC.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

They are going to implement anti-bot measurements as well. Instead if giving us the total package of the 500k+ tier, we get nearly what the 500k+ tier package offered, reflecting the nearly reached mark of 500k votes, which is a nice gesture.

Tooneb.pngToone.png

I can understand why they did this. I still don't agree with it.

Glad to see they didn't even get 500k votes yet got things from the 750k tier. Jagex needs to stick to what they start with rather than "rigging" it to get what they and others want.

1. Decide to release 2007 servers as add-on to normal membership

2. Create poll to give illusion of listening to players and declare insane price if goals are not met

3. Release for free regardless of outcome and be lauded as heroes

So simple yet so effective.

• Like 3

From the empty days of hope, deny the darkness
Follow my voice, we'll run far away from here

If only to hide, to escape this life
And live forever, forever in the sun

Saw the pricing coming from a mile off. Much better to give it for just membership cost and then see how many people continue to play. Once they know this, they can easily decide to up price if it's not profitable.

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

You do have to hand it to Jagex. Their ability to generate hype and interest is probably unparalleled in the video game business.

Even though we knew already, this just confirms the whole poll was just a big fat farce of pointlessness.

Sylpheed.png

Starting in a few weeks, we’ll have regular polls for the Old School community to decide which changes they do or don’t want made, short listed from your discussions on the Old School Feedback forum.

Why...

Even though we knew already, this just confirms the whole poll was just a big fat farce of pointlessness.

No, not pointless. It turns Jagex into "our benevolent rulers" instead of "those greedy scumbags who took away specs".

• Like 1

Well... we can all safely say that 750,000 RuneScape players wanted to play the 2007 version of the game!

If you... give 250,000 votes for free; disregard the absence of another 50,000 votes; release the content early to get people excited; plaster adverts everywhere in support of it; give a free month's worth of access to anyone who votes 'yes'; change it from $15/mnth to a third of that; cascade down the reward scale to make the goals more achievable; make a news post every other day on it; promise a small development team and anti-bot technology for the 2007 version, postpone an update in the live version to give people time to play the 2007 version...

• Like 7

We can all safely say that 750,000 RuneScape players wanted to play the 2007 version of the game!

If you... give 250,000 votes for free; disregard the absence of another 50,000 votes; release the content early to get people excited; plaster adverts everywhere in support of it; give a free month's worth of access to anyone who votes 'yes'; change it from $15/mnth to a third of that; cascade down the reward scale to make the goals more achievable; make a news post every other day on it; promise a small development team and anti-bot technology for the 2007 version, postpone an update in the live version to give people time to play the 2007 version...

You forgot the pop-up that appears in the live game telling you to vote regardless of you having done so already.

Nevermind.

Once again Jagex shows that they will bend over backwards to whatever the loud, whiny people on the RSOF want. Not even 90% to the 500k goal and they still give them what they want. If they set a bar, they need to stick to it. I may not like the idea of two seperate games, but I was willing to accept that people were willing to play it, and pay for it if neccesary. To go back on their word regarding different levels of support is hundreds of times worse than any update they've ever released.

I thought about adding that, but I didn't want to give the impression that Jagex tried very hard to push this vote along (perish the thought!). I suppose that counts under "plaster adverts everywhere in support of it" anyway.

Close. ;)

Want to easily be recognized by fellow Tip.it'ers? Then wear the official Tip.it Team Cape!

• The Tip.it Team Cape is: team 39 - Green.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Jagex went back on their word...

Why are we surprised..?

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

People bought all their fish to cook from World 2 Fally. The GE essentially took away the "he who shouts most frequently shouts best" system that operated beforehand, but the mechanics were still the same. If you think people didn't power train in 2007, you are either incredibly naive or being purposefully ignorant.

The reason cooked resources are worth so much less than their raw counterparts is XP potential. Raw resources have lots, cooked resources have none at all. That problems exists in both versions of the game.

Obviously people power trained Pre-GE, but the GE made it easier to, thus encouraging itmore.

Before the GE, people could sell cooked food for MORE, or at the very least just swap cooked for raws. Once the convenience of just buying your XP with the ge came, that was gone, for every skill.

Another thing the GE did was restrict player/locational influence on prices.

You were no longer able to go to world 18, Edgeville, and sell your food for nearly double....because the prices were put in place for you.

Making armor was profitable in 2005

Making potions was profitable in 2005

Cooking food, making bows, etc. was profitable in 2005

There was reason to raise stats other than Quests and High numbers in 2005

An old player from 2004-2011. I'm back for the 2007 servers, let's see how long this lasts.

My account's display name used to be Sir Izenhime

signature_zpse31b54ec.png

vinyl_djpon3.png

Stupid Should Hurt

Good on Jagex. They built hype among current players, encouraged old players to come back to the game, built a new method to help the revenue stream using something that's 6 years old. Yeah, they always intended to release this as a members service. Maybe the hoped that interest would have been high enough to allow F2P. Yeah, they moved the goal post to at least cover their minimum intention. In the end, I think this will generate more funds overall. Jagex will know for sure after the first month when they find which accounts are concentrating on which server.

nukemarine.png

Learn how to Learn Japanese on your own - Nukemarine's Suggested Guide for Beginners in Japanese
Stop Forgetting Stuff for College and Life - Anki - a program which makes remembering things easy
Reach Elite Fitness - CrossFit

I really don't know what to make of this.

I was vehemently against those that encouraged voting if you didn't have plans to play 2007scape so as to not allocate resources that wouldn't be recouped, but it seems like Jagex themselves weren't worried about this fact.

I just hope it doesn't take anything more away from the main game and the vocal anti-EoC crowd will finally shut up. Maybe it will even set a precedent for voting on what content we would like to see - Although Jagex's content quite often sounds better on-paper than it is in-game.

I'm not going to play, but I'm interested to see the game develop.

You do have to hand it to Jagex. Their ability to generate hype and interest is probably unparalleled in the video game business.

I'd completely disagree, I think both Blizzard and Riot far outstrip anything Jagex has done on that level.

Needless to say I'm happy that there is no extra fee. I won't play EOC RS. I might stay subbed for 07. Not only because I like 07, but also because everything and everyone is starting over. I like that concept.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

I'd completely disagree, I think both Blizzard and Riot far outstrip anything Jagex has done on that level.

Needless to say I'm happy that there is no extra fee. I won't play EOC RS. I might stay subbed for 07. Not only because I like 07, but also because everything and everyone is starting over. I like that concept.

That's the one thing I hated about it lol, I'd love to already be a maxed zerker. Ah well, 1 def it is.

zerker_jane.png

99 farm easy

That's the one thing I hated about it lol, I'd love to already be a maxed zerker. Ah well, 1 def it is.

Surprised to hear that coming from you. I'm absolutely amazed at the number of 1 def pures in 07. They are in for a very rude awakening when the rune pures start effortlessly mopping the floors with them. It'll take a bit for the rune pures to develop, though.

77yLQy8.png

I am sure Jagex has already made their mind up about reopening or not opening the servers

Damn, I am smart. I would just like to point out in the midst of all this happy celebration how Jagex blatantly lied to us. (of course many of us did forsee that - but we were the "naysayers and conspiracy theorists" at that time..) I remember when the vote was a starting point to start considering implementing RS2007 servers, and servers going live in 2-3 months.

Actually I am extremely pissed at how far up their asses their heads are. Misinformation, manipulation and blatant lies. All of this shit actually has made me play less and look into other options beside RS. I understand companies omitting information and selectively giving out specific information, but such lies to their paying, LOYAL customers, this just makes me sick.

purekilljoy.png