• Yes
    • No
    • I'm F2P
  2. 2. Will you play on 2007 Servers?

• Yes
    • No
    • I'm F2p, so no
    • I'm F2P, but would subscribe

Wow. No way in hell we touch 500k votes. Forget about 750k. We don't even have 500k+ subscribers...

Is it bad that I laughed at this? Hard like side splitting laughter.

I'm just adding up the numbers now man. I'm looking at the Highscores list and wtf there can't be more than 400k+ members!!!

Jagex played us.

What happened to the certainty that the poll would be destroyed and all the non-believers would be left wide-mouthed and in absolute shock?

That has nothing to do with anything. We don't have enough members to get through the tiers. This is isn't about members not wanting something, this is about not enough members to get through the tiers. Jagex played us. So far in my numbers we have almost half the members vote. In 12 days we should have 3/4 the members vote. So in other words, what I predicted is happening, the majority want 2007scape back. We just don't have enough subscribers to even get 500k. 250,000 individuals who want 2007scape is actually pretty damn impressive and damning.

tumblr_mcz2y12rqr1qjcagqo1_500.gif

Forget about all the nintendo Fanboys at E3 08, you sir reached a new pinaccle of delusional.

Forget about all the nintendo Fanboys at E3 08, you sir reached a new pinaccle of delusional.

How?

To anyone who can prove to me that there are more than 400k members, I will personallyPaypal you 10 dollars.

My argument from the get-go: The majority of the players wants old school Runescape. I personally believe we have 400k members, and that at the end of this poll we will have around 300k votes (Majority).

Noctturne.png

Well, let's see, claiming (with 0 proof) that 70% of RS's population are trialers, keeping theorizing impossible numbers before the poll opened, claiming the voting rates would remain constant throughout the entirety of the vote, caiming the 07 servers would have more population than the live servers when they went live and now saying that this was a long con set up by jagex, amongst others.

^last few pages

Man, the level of maturity on tip.it sure has gone down. I guess reddit is the place to be nowadays. Replying to every single teknofield comment with this delusion crap just makes you look bad, even if I agree that teknofield makes less sense with every post. Might as well ignore the worst of the comments, everyone benefits and this thread is less painful to read.

As for rares.. it's meant to be a fresh start from an even footing, rares don't exactly go well with that goal. You get a few people who get lucky/abuse the system (multiple accounts) to get a plenty and then as the server gets older get stupid and undeserved amounts of free money without doing anything. People get obsessed with them which encourages account stealing and RWTing if the prices climb high enough. I don't see the positives outweighing the negatives. If there absolutely need to be rares reimplemented, treasure trail rewards are the most sensible way to do it.

Please excuse us if we've run out of patience in dealing with an individual who has, repeatedly, made efforts to deliberately misrepresent reality with his made up "facts" which have lead him to post bizarre conclusions and, after reality has failed to live up to his conclusions, is now purporting a conspiracy theorist's approach to explain why his made up facts failed to meet with his bizarre conclusions.

Where I come from, we call that "delusional" -- perhaps where you come from, you have another term for it which sounds more "mature" or "patient" ...

Again, forgive us, some people don't suffer fools as well as others.

<_<

• Like 4

nyuseg.png

Well, let's see, claiming (with 0 proof) that 70% of RS's population are trialers, keeping theorizing impossible numbers before the poll opened, claiming the voting rates would remain constant throughout the entirety of the vote, caiming the 07 servers would have more population than the live servers when they went live and now saying that this was a long con set up by jagex, amongst others.

I will now prove to you how much trialists are on the Highscores:

Searching in "overall" comes up with 1.8million members. Surprising right? Well, read on.

About 1 MILLION of these member accounts are a mere level 34 total, meaning, you guessed it, bots. But how can there be 1 million bots that haven't even trained, you may ask? Well, even an account that is a "member" from the 2 week trial appears on the high scores. So this clearly skews results gained from the highscores terribly.

Leaving about 800K "members" to vote, you have to wonder how many of these are on their 2 week trial as well? How many are simply bots?

So we have fewer than 800k paying members.

But that includes all members that are on 2-week free memberships, many of which are low level bots.

Down to 700k to 750k.

And that includes all the players who have dropped membership in the last 2 to 8 weeks and banned bots since Jagex doesn't immediately remove free players.

Maybe 600k to 650k members who are still paid up. (And more this week as free members sign up for membership.)

But of those 50k to 100k are goldfarmer bots. They won't vote at all unless the goldfarmers write a script for them.

Maybe 550k to 600k human paying members.

Seeing all this evidence, it becomes quite clear that even achieving 500k votes would be a thing of wonder. Why? Lack of members.

I do believe we will get 300k votes by the end of 2 weeks. Majority.

Noctturne.png

Has anyone mentioned that this 07 version of Runescape is also going to include all the "old" random events? You know, the lethal and really annoying ones that everyone hated with a passion? :unsure:

*Goes to vote yes just because realizing this* (Not really)

It's going to be so much fun to see the players complain about that. "You wanted 2007 scape, well you got it!"

How?

To anyone who can prove to me that there are more than 400k members, I will personallyPaypal you 10 dollars.

My argument from the get-go: The majority of the players wants old school Runescape. I personally believe we have 400k members, and that at the end of this poll we will have around 300k votes (Majority).

If you go to the Runecape highscoress and look up the player "Brando669" you will see that he/she is rank 409,660. If you go their a log you will notice that their last activity was yesterday and the farthest it goes down is a week ago. Due to his relatively high experience gained with the little amount he/she plays, it is safe to assume they have been here for more than the 2 trial weeks. Therefore there is more than 400k members, i will take my ten dollar payment thank you very much.

• Like 6

Has anyone mentioned that this 07 version of Runescape is also going to include all the "old" random events? You know, the lethal and really annoying ones that everyone hated with a passion? :unsure:

It's going to be so much fun to see the players complain about that. "You wanted 2007 scape, well you got it!"

I was mostly indifferent to randoms... it was rare for the lethal ones to pop up when you were at low health.

But god it was so funny when it happened to someone else and everyone jumped on the pile

• Like 2

yaay_1_def.png

siggy2.png

I was mostly indifferent to randoms... it was rare for the lethal ones to pop up when you were at low health.

But god it was so funny when it happened to someone else and everyone jumped on the pile

Oh yeah! Speaking of that, there were no gravestones back then.

I will now prove to you how much trialists are on the Highscores:

Searching in "overall" comes up with 1.8million members. Surprising right? Well, read on.

About 1 MILLION of these member accounts are a mere level 34 total, meaning, you guessed it, bots. But how can there be 1 million bots that haven't even trained, you may ask? Well, even an account that is a "member" from the 2 week trial appears on the high scores. So this clearly skews results gained from the highscores terribly.

Leaving about 800K "members" to vote, you have to wonder how many of these are on their 2 week trial as well? How many are simply bots?

So we have fewer than 800k paying members.

But that includes all members that are on 2-week free memberships, many of which are low level bots.

Down to 700k to 750k.

And that includes all the players who have dropped membership in the last 2 to 8 weeks and banned bots since Jagex doesn't immediately remove free players.

Maybe 600k to 650k members who are still paid up. (And more this week as free members sign up for membership.)

But of those 50k to 100k are goldfarmer bots. They won't vote at all unless the goldfarmers write a script for them.

Maybe 550k to 600k human paying members.

Seeing all this evidence, it becomes quite clear that even achieving 500k votes would be a thing of wonder. Why? Lack of members.

I do believe we will get 300k votes by the end of 2 weeks. Majority.

You do realise none of that actually 'proves' anything and nor is it 'evidence' because it is entirely based on your unfounded assumptions of how many are bots, trials and expired with no factually verified statistics behind it.

Not to mention latest mathematically projections from current vote data put final tally at 207k, nowhere near your 300k assertion.

• Like 2

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

If you go to the Runecape highscoress and look up the player "Brando669" you will see that he/she is rank 409,660. If you go their a log you will notice that their last activity was yesterday and the farthest it goes down is a week ago. Due to his relatively high experience gained with the little amount he/she plays, it is safe to assume they have been here for more than the 2 trial weeks. Therefore there is more than 400k members, i will take my ten dollar payment thank you very much.

Doesn't prove anything at all!

I went to that page and check this out:

Ranks: 409,817-409,838

I checked each and single one of those usernames and 4-5 accounts were not even members.

This is at the 400,000 ranks.

Here's an example, go to this page:

Ranks: 657,999-658,020

That's ranks 657,999-658,020, it gets worse. Only 6 of the listed 24 usernames were members (and they could be possible trial accounts as well). I checked and compared 3 pages thru 658K+ and I got extremely similar results.

I'm going to ask a friend of mine to create a script that grabs each name on the highscores list, and checks them out.

Noctturne.png

You do realise none of that actually 'proves' anything and nor is it 'evidence' because it is entirely based on your unfounded assumptions of how many are bots, trials and expired with no factually verified statistics behind it.

Not to mention latest mathematically projections from current vote data put final tally at 207k, nowhere near your 300k assertion.

I can prove that there are at least 1 million trial accounts. I can also prove that many of the remaining 800,000 members are not in fact members.

Noctturne.png

Okay I have a question. If I buy RS memership to vote, from what people are saying this will count as one month of membership for 07 correct?

But since it's likely to be an additional cost on top of RS membership, will I have to buy RS membership again just to claim this "free" month of 07Scape?

I want to vote for 07scape, I want to give Jagex money to play 07scape but they are making it pretty unreasonable for me to vote.

nabsigmar2011.png

[spoiler=My 99s (7)]9,638th to 99 Fletching ~ 29th January 2007

737th to 99 Hunter ~ 2nd July 2007

910th to 99 Agility ~ 28th January 2008

59,467th to 99 Defence ~ 23rd December 2009

92,762nd to 99 Hitpoints ~ 26th June 2010

102,704th to 99 Attack ~ 29th June 2010

144,091st to 99 Strength ~ 29th June 2010

doesn't tip.it have a table that showed current number of members on the high scores? I remember seeing it but now can't find it. You could see highscore clears on there, so it'd be pretty easy to roughly tell the number of real players by looking right after a removal.

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

Oh yeah! Speaking of that, there were no gravestones back then.

Back in the day, my friends and I used to cut mages at the old Wizard Tower, South of Seers. We used to get all variety of random events with such regularity that we used to ignore them and wait for them to get angry, then lure them into the Wizard's Tower and lock them inside. Our record for most creatures in the tower at one time was 7: three drunken dwarves, two Hydes and two Highwaymen. Problems arose a short time later when, one of the fellows, having forgotten he had already locked one of the Dunken Dwarves in the tower attempted to lock another random event creature therein ...

• Like 1

nyuseg.png

graphed the current # of votes vs time (rather then int(rate vs time)). New formula is V(x)=35374ln(x) + 2041 where x is the number of hours since the start of the poll

V(48)=138980 votes

V(168)=183296 votes (1 week)

V(336)=207815 votes (2 weeks)

using Sy's data from the top of pg 46+current data at the time of that post as data points. The V(48) value is lower then current (x=50.5) actual data, so it's probably a slight overestimate.

Edit: w/ current number of votes added in the estimate is 204300 after 2 weeks.

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

graphed the current # of votes vs time (rather then int(rate vs time)). New formula is V(x)=35374ln(x) + 2041 where x is the number of hours since the start of the poll

V(48)=138980 votes

using Sy's data from the top of pg 46+current data at the time of that post as data points. The V(48) value is lower then current (x=50.5) actual data, so it's probably a slight overestimate.

What's the projection within 10 hours? That way we can verify if the projections so far have been right or wrong?

Noctturne.png

V(48)=138980 votes

What's the projection within 10 hours? That way we can verify if the projections so far have been right or wrong?

144,700 at 60 hours since start of poll (9 hours from now).

152,400 24 hours from now.

DM0Yq2c.png

V(48)=138980 votes

144,700 at 60 hours since start of poll (9 hours from now).

152,400 24 hours from now.

Okay thanks.

Noctturne.png