• Yes
    • No
    • I'm F2P
  2. 2. Will you play on 2007 Servers?

• Yes
    • No
    • I'm F2p, so no
    • I'm F2P, but would subscribe

Wow. No way in hell we touch 500k votes. Forget about 750k. We don't even have 500k+ subscribers...

Is it bad that I laughed at this? Hard like side splitting laughter.

I'm just adding up the numbers now man. I'm looking at the Highscores list and wtf there can't be more than 400k+ members!!!

Jagex played us.

Noctturne.png

Wow. No way in hell we touch 500k votes. Forget about 750k. We don't even have 500k+ subscribers...

I'm just adding up the numbers now man. I'm looking at the Highscores list and wtf there can't be more than 400k+ members!!!

Jagex played us.

If you look at the highscores, there are 1,821,826 members. Just saying

I really hope that if they do reintroduce the tradable rares that they do it the same way they reintroduced the random event outfits to the main game. Make it so they can be purchased for a few gp from the costume shop in Varrock.

Didn't Party Pete offer Party Hats for sale? :unsure:

If he did, I didn't hear about it. AFAIK he only sells Afros in different colours.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Jagex played us.

picard-facepalm.jpg?1240934151

1.2 million are Trialists.

Noctturne.png

Jagex played us.

picard-facepalm.jpg?1240934151

1.2 million are Trialists.

Can you tell who is on trial? Just wondering..

jagerbluebt1.gif

Thx to MxM for parts of the sig!

I really hope that if they do reintroduce the tradable rares that they do it the same way they reintroduced the random event outfits to the main game. Make it so they can be purchased for a few gp from the costume shop in Varrock.

Didn't Party Pete offer Party Hats for sale? :unsure:

Back in Runescape Classic you could 'buy' a red party hat from the Varrock Clothes shop. But it always had 0 stock :lol:

• Like 1

Smoking Kills was 2008 though, that's way off the mark.

Really hope they don't re-add rares, I don't see why that should ever have crossed their minds.

Well, they were always an integral part of the game, as they are now, and 2007 is no exception to this. If the point is to recreate 2007, why wouldn't rares be there?

1. They were never an integral part of the game

2. Same reason scythes and bunny ears won't be there

It hardly seems worth bringing it back at 15$/month, despite the fact I would love to be able to play, 15$/month is far too much and I am sure many others however fanatical about having old runescape back would agree with me.

I have a feeling if they get over 200,000 they will do 5$/month, I think they know as well as the majority of people that 15$/month is too much, and is more of a scare tactic to try and get people to bring it above 250,000.

Check it out, huge amount of effort has gone into this massive mod!

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]

Really hope they don't re-add rares, I don't see why that should ever have crossed their minds.

Well, they were always an integral part of the game, as they are now, and 2007 is no exception to this. If the point is to recreate 2007, why wouldn't rares be there?

There's no good way to bring them back.

1.Have them randomly drop the first day or so?

People would complain about, oh lets see.

Bad connection/not being able to grab them.

Not everyone might be around, no chance to get them.

2.Give them out to the first players making an account?

Same deal there, connection and availability to server.

There's a lot of flaws in brining it back. People who get them would automatically be the wealthiest players in the game with no effort.

And since everyone starts from scratch, what do you think the prices for them would be? How long would it take to even make the money to trade them around?

There's no good way to bring them back.

1.Have them randomly drop the first day or so?

People would complain about, oh lets see.

Bad connection/not being able to grab them.

Not everyone might be around, no chance to get them.

2.Give them out to the first players making an account?

Same deal there, connection and availability to server.

There's a lot of flaws in brining it back. People who get them would automatically be the wealthiest players in the game with no effort.

And since everyone starts from scratch, what do you think the prices for them would be? How long would it take to even make the money to trade them around?

if they were dropped fairly randomly initially they'd be relatively worthless for the same reasons fish masks/tree hats are.

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

Jagex played us.

What happened to the certainty that the poll would be destroyed and all the non-believers would be left wide-mouthed and in absolute shock?

• Like 11

[bleep] OFF HOW ARE U SO [bleep]ING LUCKY U PIECE OF [bleep]ING SHIT [bleep] [bleep] [wagon] MUNCHER

Jagex played us.

What happened to the certainty that the poll would be destroyed and all the non-believers would be left wide-mouthed and in absolute shock?

Congrats! You were right! Time to rub it in like the nice guy you are! *pats head*

Sorry if I skip words in my sentences from time to time. My brain tends to be a step or two ahead of my fingers when I type.

Rares won't work anymore, people actually know that they will one day be worth millions and/or hundreds of dollars. Back then, players were all oblivious to this possibility.

No matter what way they introduce items of discontinued supply, they won't have the same impact or implication they had back in RSC/RS2, sadly. Look what is happening with Fish Masks and Christmas Hats?

What they CAN do, however, is make them so extremely rare that the demand for them will always outweigh the supply, such ways might include Treausure Trial rewards, similar to 3rd-age, Barbarian Assault gambling, VERY rare boss drops etc.

zuzmo.png

collio.png

[hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide]

Never gonna give you up.[/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide]

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Taking current voting rate into account, I seriously doubt it'll reach 250k votes in 2 weeks time - but I'll still play it, even if it'll cost 15 bucks a month.

The first principle is you must not fool yourself - and you are the easiest person to fool --- Richard P. Feynman

Jagex played us.

That has nothing to do with anything. We don't have enough members to get through the tiers. This is isn't about members not wanting something, this is about not enough members to get through the tiers. Jagex played us. So far in my numbers we have almost half the members vote. In 12 days we should have 3/4 the members vote. So in other words, what I predicted is happening, the majority want 2007scape back. We just don't have enough subscribers to even get 500k. 250,000 individuals who want 2007scape is actually pretty damn impressive and damning.

Noctturne.png

So in other words, what I predicted is happening, the majority want 2007scape back.

Let's see what you actually predicted:

"Trust me we will get over 300k votes."

"While the poll here shows everyone is against 2007scape, Runescape.com will certainly show at least 500k votes starting tomorrow."

"We're almost at 100k and were still in the 12th hour. 12 more hours @ at least 3k votes will get us to 136k in one day. By Monday we should be closing in on 250k and within 2 weeks we should have at least 500k."

"In my honest opinion. I've been studying it for awhile, and it's literally 1sec/vote. If i'm correct, we will have 750k votes in 8-10 days."

• Like 7

Jagex played us.

That has nothing to do with anything. We don't have enough members to get through the tiers. This is isn't about members not wanting something, this is about not enough members to get through the tiers. Jagex played us. So far in my numbers we have almost half the members vote. In 12 days we should have 3/4 the members vote. So in other words, what I predicted is happening, the majority want 2007scape back. We just don't have enough subscribers to even get 500k. 250,000 individuals who want 2007scape is actually pretty damn impressive and damning.

... and the delusion continues ... :rolleyes:

• Like 3

nyuseg.png

So in other words, what I predicted is happening, the majority want 2007scape back.

"While the poll here shows everyone is against 2007scape, Runescape.com will certainly show at least 500k votes starting tomorrow."

"We're almost at 100k and were still in the 12th hour. 12 more hours @ at least 3k votes will get us to 136k in one day. By Monday we should be closing in on 250k and within 2 weeks we should have at least 500k."

"In my honest opinion. I've been studying it for awhile, and it's literally 1sec/vote. If i'm correct, we will have 750k votes in 8-10 days."

Private servers have between 10k and 200k people willing to vote

[bleep] OFF HOW ARE U SO [bleep]ING LUCKY U PIECE OF [bleep]ING SHIT [bleep] [bleep] [wagon] MUNCHER

Congrats! You were right! Time to rub it in like the nice guy you are! *pats head*

People who are arrogant, delusional, abrasive and needlessly combative deserve to be told "I told you so", ruthlessly, when their fantasies inevitably crumble. You will find no sympathy for such people here.

---------

As to the discussion on rares. Again, if the whole point is to recreate 2007, then it cannot be denied that rares were part of the experience. Now to adress a few general complaints on the issue:

A) Some people might not want them back.

Reply: Others will.

B) There's no fair way to distribute them.

Reply: Sure there is. Boss drops, random drop parties, early bird quests, what have you, there are dozens of ways to do it.

C) This will make many people rich by sheer virtue of luck.

Reply: Luck has *always* been a part of the game.

D) They won't have the same economic impact as they originally did.

Reply: That's certainly true that they won't be as impactful, but that's a matter of degree. As long as they are released in a limited supply, they will *eventually* be worth something, though obviously not as much as they are in the original game for various obvious reasons.

Now, I, personally, don't want them back, but then I won't be playing this game anyways. I'm speaking primarily from the perspective of players who might, and also from the perspective that if they are going to go through with this, then what I have suggested would be the way to 'recreate' the ordeal (assuming that is the goal).

Jagex played us.

... and the delusion continues ... :rolleyes:

How is it a delusion? IF there are 400k members and we get 250k votes by the end of two weeks, what does that tell you?

Noctturne.png

I understand I was being really stupid and blind with my numbers. It's just that we don't have enough members.

Noctturne.png