• Yes
    • No
    • I'm F2P
  2. 2. Will you play on 2007 Servers?

• Yes
    • No
    • I'm F2p, so no
    • I'm F2P, but would subscribe

When we login to this 2007 server, will our original Login Names be shown or our Current Display Names? Does anyone know?

~ Captainkidd

Display names for sure. Post-Nov 2010 players don't even have login names, and Jagex updated RSC to support display names, so I see no reason why 2007 servers wouldn't have them.

When we login to this 2007 server, will our original Login Names be shown or our Current Display Names? Does anyone know?

~ Captainkidd

Display names for sure. Post-Nov 2010 players don't even have login names, and Jagex updated RSC to support display names, so I see no reason why 2007 servers wouldn't have them.

Thanks! That makes sense :)

Now will Tip.it bring back their 2007 site & forums along side this current version?

~ Captainkidd

~ Captainkidd

Now will Tip.it bring back their 2007 site & forums along side this current version?

~ Captainkidd

If you check the news on the main page currently there is a link to a web archive version of the 2007 website :)

The current forums are probably sufficient for any 07 needs too

safersbanner.png

Play Safe! smile.gif - Got useful information for the tip.it website? Post here!

The votes per minute seems to be decreasing at a slower rate now. Before on average every hour it would lose about 1 vote per minute, this time it lost about 0.5 of a vote per minute.

[hide=Here's a straw]strawx.jpg

You're clutching at it.[/hide]

The votes gained per time period aren't anywhere near high enough to merit any sort of hope that this vote will pass a significant total. Whether it's 0.5 votes or 1 vote per minute being lost, the rate is still decreasing.

• Like 1

The votes per minute seems to be decreasing at a slower rate now. Before on average every hour it would lose about 1 vote per minute, this time it lost about 0.5 of a vote per minute.

Check out a logarithmic curve some time.

• Like 1

[bleep] OFF HOW ARE U SO [bleep]ING LUCKY U PIECE OF [bleep]ING SHIT [bleep] [bleep] [wagon] MUNCHER

Just purchased members so I could vote! (Played from RSC till 2011).

• Once again high lvl skills will have credability!
  • Once again will we have propper pking. (My oppinion).

People say they don't want to loose their current progress. But I already have lost my progress: My lvls are worth hardly anything.

I spent years getting lvl 99's. But now people get them easily. They lost all their credability. (Eg: I got 99 wc from yews and willows; now people can just afk a fking vine wall for more xp/h)?

Why do people like EOC? The whole point of runescape was that you had to earn everything for yourself. Not be spoon-fed [bleep] xp. I think it's supposed to be a game where you have to work hard to achieve something.

Spinning a purchasable wheel for xp and gold? WTF is that?!

Edited by Will H
Please don't censor evade. -WH
  • Like 2
gypsyeater.png

~ Captainkidd

~ Captainkidd

I can't comment on the main site, not my area of expertise, but from what I can see we're almost certainly keeping the current forums more or less how they are. As always, how we approach any changes (possibly an additional Help and Advice subforum, or even a 2007scape forum) depends largely on the demand from the users.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

If you were gaining 99s because you wanted to appear "credible", then I'd suggest you were playing RuneScape for the wrong reasons anyway. None of us really give a toss about your 99s, either then or now. If we appeared as though we did, we were feigning interest and being polite.

As a general rule of thumb, people get annoyed by other people who brag ostentatiously about their own achievements.

Oh, and censor evading is no way to prove your point to the rest of us. It detracts from your argument, if anything.

• Like 1

If you were gaining 99s because you wanted to appear "credible", then I'd suggest you were playing RuneScape for the wrong reasons anyway. None of us really give a toss about your 99s, either then or now. If we appeared as though we did, we were feigning interest and being polite.

As a general rule of thumb, people get annoyed by other people who brag ostentatiously about their own achievements.

Oh, and censor evading is no way to prove your point to the rest of us. It detracts from your argument, if anything.

Who said I openly bragged about my 99's? They where my personal goals and achievements. Why do you think people like Zezima reached maxed skills first? What if it was to brag? It was a credible achievement. Which is now has been subtracted by how easy skills are to gain xp now.

You should keep your assumptions to yourself. Also saying how I type detracts from my argument is just off topic.

Edit: How is a way of playing runescape wrong? You're saying by trying to achieve something thats hard in the game is wrong?

gypsyeater.png

Who said I openly bragged about my 99's? They where my personal goals and achievements. Why do you think people like Zezima reached maxed skills first? What if it was to brag? It was a credible achievement. Which is now has been subtracted by how easy skills are to gain xp now.

You should keep your assumptions to yourself. Also saying how I type detracts from my argument is just off topic.

Edit: How is a way of playing runescape wrong? You're saying by trying to achieve something thats hard in the game is wrong?

If it was merely a personal goal, then you wouldn't be so upset at how much easier it is to achieve the same goal nowadays.

If playing a game doesn't make you happy or entertained, then you're doing something wrong.

77yLQy8.png

I'm saying the extent to which you care about how "credible" your achievements are is wrong. You got 99 woodcutting by chopping willows? Well done, feel proud of yourself. I'm not sure why somebody getting 99 today on ivies changes the way you feel about your own achievement. The only logical conclusion is that you were doing it to show off, and now you're pissed because it's nothing to shout about. Otherwise, you'd be happy in the knowledge you did it the "hard way" and get on with life.

• Like 2

There's a distinct difference between time and difficulty. Getting 99 RC on air runes is no more difficult than at RuneSpan. There is no skill involved in either instance. However, soloing say Nex is difficult, because of the actions, timing, etc required.

This is why I don't understand the 2007scape was harder mentality. It's not harder. There's just a longer time investment.

ozXHe7P.png

There's a distinct difference between time and difficulty. Getting 99 RC on air runes is no more difficult than at RuneSpan. There is no skill involved in either instance. However, soloing say Nex is difficult, because of the actions, timing, etc required.

This is why I don't understand the 2007scape was harder mentality. It's not harder. There's just a longer time investment.

Ehh that's not exactly true. The determination required to tolerate such a slow, tedious, and boring method makes it "difficult." Willpower is a skill too, mind you :P Just because something is simple doesn't mean it's easy.

77yLQy8.png

People equate time, to difficulty because *apparently* patience is a big deal when it comes to these things.

[bleep] OFF HOW ARE U SO [bleep]ING LUCKY U PIECE OF [bleep]ING SHIT [bleep] [bleep] [wagon] MUNCHER

mmm I've never agreed with equating time to difficulty, just cause it takes longer doesn't make in intrinsically harder.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Ehh that's not exactly true. The determination required to tolerate such a slow, tedious, and boring method makes it "difficult." Willpower is a skill too, mind you :P Just because something is simple doesn't mean it's easy.

Masochism isn't a skill :D.

(This is a joke).

ozXHe7P.png

I'm saying the extent to which you care about how "credible" your achievements are is wrong. You got 99 woodcutting by chopping willows? Well done, feel proud of yourself. I'm not sure why somebody getting 99 today on ivies changes the way you feel about your own achievement. The only logical conclusion is that you were doing it to show off, and now you're pissed because it's nothing to shout about. Otherwise, you'd be happy in the knowledge you did it the "hard way" and get on with life.

How is someones oppinion on how credible something is; wrong?

It isn't wrong to achieve something that takes a long time in order to show off. Why do you think people go around with phats and other rares? Because they're hard to attain and shows they have lots of wealth.

Yes there are some who use them just to store wealth.

The same thing could be said about highscores. It's used to either show that user personally where they are compaired with other players. Or to show off their achievements to others.

I do agree that doing something for personal satisfaction isn't as bad when it becomes easier. But people play the game for many different reasons.

I played the game because items where hard to attain. Because skills where hard to level. This means if you lost items on death it would be a bigger deal.

The game was much more of a risk. That made it thrilling/satisfying when doing something dagerous like boss killing or pking.

Edit: Like if you go out pking with full rune. You die; currently all you have to do is buy another set on the G.E. But you used to have to go and either make some more yourself. Or try and trade someone. The ammount of effort in re-attaining those items; made you try really hard not to loose them. Causing a greater sense of risk than there is currently.

You also couldn't just run back to your grave and pick up said items.

gypsyeater.png

That's probably a joke.

I thought QBD was hard till I bought a royal crossbow.

I don't think anything is hard in runescape anymore if you have cash and a lag free internet connection,

RS07 is no doubt 100X harder then RS13 and I'm going to enjoy all the "youtube superstars" who were leveless noobs in 07 give up within a month because it's too tedious, boring, hard, or however they want to put it while trying to save face.

As for hand-eye coordination and reflexes, runescape still isn't the place to show case those because you don't need much of it compared to other video games.

• Like 3

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

It was definitely harder in many aspects, as well as having longer time investments.

Yeah I agree with gypsyeater,

This is a MMO afterall, getting achievements should be a mix of achieving something yourself, as well as being able to show it off in a competitive way that keeps the game interesting!

Sure, if you are playing this game JUST to get good to show off, and find no enjoyment in doing so, I'd say there's a problem.

But anyway, I became a member yesterday and voted!

nabsigmar2011.png

[spoiler=My 99s (7)]9,638th to 99 Fletching ~ 29th January 2007

737th to 99 Hunter ~ 2nd July 2007

910th to 99 Agility ~ 28th January 2008

59,467th to 99 Defence ~ 23rd December 2009

92,762nd to 99 Hitpoints ~ 26th June 2010

102,704th to 99 Attack ~ 29th June 2010

144,091st to 99 Strength ~ 29th June 2010

It isn't wrong to achieve something that takes a long time in order to show off. Why do you think people go around with phats and other rares? Because they're hard to attain and shows they have lots of wealth.

Umm... phats still exist in the current live game. In fact, the contradiction in your argument is that we don't even know whether phats will exist, or how they'll be distributed, in 2007scape. If you care about rares, don't go for 2007scape right now until further confirmation has been released. As far as credibility is concerned, I'll redirect you to LCoolL's post. If you want personal credibility, getting 99 woodcutting on RuneScape ain't the way to do it, regardless of whether you do it on willows or ivies, as evidenced by the generally unsympathetic response you've experienced on a very pro-RuneScape forum.

I played the game because items where hard to attain. Because skills where hard to level.

As others have said, there is nothing inherently more difficult about having to do more of Action X in 2007 than you do of Action Y now in 2013. It just means you waited longer. I fail to see the value of a game where the true measure between players is how much of the same repetitive chore they could tolerate before they reached breaking point.

I will go further and extend this to your criticism of EoC. What exactly is the problem in having to use abilities in a tactical order to maximise your combat performance, compared to 2007 where you clicked a monster, sipped a few pots every now and then, and for the most part waited in pure tedium while random numbers flashed up on a screen? Furthermore, if you really find it that much of a problem, what's wrong with just turning on Momentum? It's basically the same thing, with a slight damage boost.

• Like 1

That's probably a joke.

I thought QBD was hard till I bought a royal crossbow.

I don't think anything is hard in runescape anymore if you have cash and a lag free internet connection,

RS07 is no doubt 100X harder then RS13 and I'm going to enjoy all the "youtube superstars" who were leveless noobs in 07 give up within a month because it's too tedious, boring, hard, or however they want to put it while trying to save face.

As for hand-eye coordination and reflexes, runescape still isn't the place to show case those because you don't need much of it compared to other video games.

You're wrong. Spending 1,000 hours clicking a rock is not harder than spending 10 hours clicking a different rock. The only difference is time. I know time is a finite resource, and I'm not going to spend it clicking on a rock just to prove myself worthier or more credible in some game. I don't consider wasting this finite resource monotonously to be a wise use of it.

Did you honestly find clicking that iron or granite rock back in '07 so fun? Or did you find the satisfaction from gaining a goal to be the deciding factor? Although both are equally okay from some social/artificial viewpoint, I do not believe that it's normal to find monotonous activity fun in the former case. In the latter, you should still know that mining in the LRC is not less difficult, just less tedious.

I understand we play games to relax. Now I barely play RS--maybe 4 hours a week. In the meantime, I perform much more rewarding activities that also serve to let me relax. I draw as a means to relax, but at the same time I am improving an important skill. I write as a means to relax, but at the same time I am improving an important skill. Etc. Etc.

In the end, 2007scape was only good for the community, in my opinion, not some artificial gameplay value. I enjoyed participating in wars, communicating, and otherwise socializing in the game. For me, RuneScape was a means of interacting with people across the world and working together towards common goals--something I otherwise would be unable to do in reality.

ozXHe7P.png

Umm... phats still exist in the current live game. In fact, the contradiction in your argument is that we don't even know whether phats will exist, or how they'll be distributed, in 2007scape. If you care about rares, don't go for 2007scape right now until further confirmation has been released. As far as credibility is concerned, I'll redirect you to LCoolL's post. If you want personal credibility, getting 99 woodcutting on RuneScape ain't the way to do it, regardless of whether you do it on willows or ivies, as evidenced by the generally unsympathetic response you've experienced on a very pro-RuneScape forum.

I played the game because items where hard to attain. Because skills where hard to level.

As others have said, there is nothing inherently more difficult about having to do more of Action X in 2007 than you do of Action Y now in 2013. It just means you waited longer. I fail to see the value of a game where the true measure between players is how much of the same repetitive chore they could tolerate before they reached breaking point.

I will go further and extend this to your criticism of EoC. What exactly is the problem in having to use abilities in a tactical order to maximise your combat performance, compared to 2007 where you clicked a monster, sipped a few pots every now and then, and for the most part waited in pure tedium while random numbers flashed up on a screen? Furthermore, if you really find it that much of a problem, what's wrong with just turning on Momentum? It's basically the same thing, with a slight damage boost.

I used partyhats as an example of a way people show off something they worked hard for or that is hard to obtain. I already know they may not be in the 2007 scape.

I used 99 woodcutting as an example of how skills have become easier to attain a higher level. I used that as an example because I know of the ivy update; and its xp rate/difficulty compaired to earlier methods.

Not because I specifically think 99 woodcutting is especially hard to attain!

I have not said anything about the state of the new combat system. So why are you lecturing me about it personally. Saying I have problems with it...?

Edit: Speaking of combat systems; do you think this game currently has the best combat system out of every MMO?

gypsyeater.png