• Yes
    • No
    • I'm F2P
  2. 2. Will you play on 2007 Servers?

• Yes
    • No
    • I'm F2p, so no
    • I'm F2P, but would subscribe

According to the rumour mill (though I've seen no solid proof) Jmods have got graphs and stuff of rares and from this have calculated numbers of each rare to be put int 07scape by old school random drop events like pumpkins, crackers, disks of returning, half wines etc.

It's either that or they have graphs of how many are in live game and just told players the numbers and rumour mill has changed it slightly.

It wouldn't really make much sense to put them in, though. Jagex has been mentioning for years how they never intended for rare (holiday) items to become so valuable, in the process unbalancing the economy.

If anything, this should be their chance to get it right.

The Only Thing Necessary for the Triumph of Evil is for Good Men to do Nothing. (Edmund Burke)

*snip*

I completely agree but you need to make clear that maybe 20% of accounts subscribed will NOT show up on hiscores if the level req is 30+ still. I take that amount out of nowhere, but if you factor in newbies as well as fresh bot accounts people can use to vote, it accumulates to at least 10%.

It's perfectly correct model to have people pay the extra if they wanna play 07scape, admittedly it would perhaps work better if it was separate opposed to an add-on; but definitely not outright charging all people extra to fund it.

It's also a very good outlet for all of their membership promotions. Even if it ends up being $15 extra, I doubt many people will have to pay that much because of how much Jagex loves to discount the price every couple of months. They could hand out rares that way - buy the one year package, Diango starts stocking party hats.

I highly doubt parts of this. Maybe they'd implemen an infinite rare system to prevent massive value on random items in a game that isn't really "important", but if they aim to make it the way it was, that won't happen. Of course, it won't be the same anyway so I may eat my words. I just don't think that parts of this serve good function. Keep in mind hoarding will be prevalent for the "First come, first served" type idea. That won't help at all.

553VriC.png?1

Several, all of them speculation at this point. Best just to wait until all is said and done.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

I find it really stupid to add discontinued items in the game once again.

2007scape is all about wanting the old gamestyle back, pking, old graphics, (nostalgia?), etc. Not aiming to reclaim discontinued items. We got main Runescape for that.

But that's just my opinion.

Any predictions on what the vote count will be at the end of this poll?

Basing my predictions on Sy_Accursed's data from the first 13 hours, the trend of the voting is logarythmic with 95% accuracy and the vote will end at 202k at the end of the fourteenth day.

But it's just my amateur statistics.

• Like 1

If it's going to cost me $20, I will buy extended membership from May-August. If it's only going to cost me $10, I'll buy it year round. Either way, Jagex won't get more than $120/year from me. I just hope it's only $10 so enough people will be playing with me for a regular economy to exist.

Player since 2004. All skills 1M+ XP.

Hamtaro.png

"If it were possible to cure evils by lamentation..., then gold would be a less valuable thing than weeping." - Sophocles

"Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." - Plato

Much earlier on the in the thread someone took the vote data thus far and algorithm'd it to a curve that predicted 140k votes at the end, assuming the declining vote trend continued at same pace.

Thats probably best prediction so far based on proper math but it really ought to be re-calced later today adding in another days worth of data to amend the curve based on more recent voting trend, but certainly thus far all the math seems to point to it missing the 250k mark

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Smoking Kills was 2008 though, that's way off the mark.

Really hope they don't re-add rares, I don't see why that should ever have crossed their minds.

Well, they were always an integral part of the game, as they are now, and 2007 is no exception to this. If the point is to recreate 2007, why wouldn't rares be there?

Only update 2007scape needs is Smoking kills.

If they add god wars and all that jazz it would be pointless.

Curses, anyone? I'm guessing there will be quite alot of content pkers and skillers alike would crave for.

Also, totally agree about rares. If they are going to have them at all, make then free and replaceable from draynor.

• Like 1

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

http://www.wolframal...,e^(7109/1909))

current trend line and estimate (140,133 votes) R-value of 0.945.

obviously the graph should be asymptotic rather then crossing the axis and it doesn't account for changes due to human behavior (weekend, etc) but seeing as how we haven't seen any significant changes due to time zones etc. yet shouldn't be to big of a deal and I didn't really feel like messing with it.

edit: fixed because I don't remember what timezone I live in....

I just LOVE the fact that you are the first person to project an actual math based prediction of votes (not 5 votes/second or other laughable middle school arithmitic comparison) and all the fanboys just gazed over it like it was nothing. Only person who noticed it besides me was druv, who obviously has an decent understanding of mathematics as well.

Thank you for making that post.

According to that predicition we can safely assume the end result will be way below 200k - numbers don't lie, people do.

I looked at it earlier and i wanted to wait and see what Sy would put up. But I fell asleep. This is well under everyone's prediction, which is surprising for me considering Jagex sent an email to everyone, including F2P accounts that haven't played in forever. Really changes the conversation a bit when mathematical proof like this shows that the community who wanted this aren't showing it.

29386_s.gif

"Goals dont have a deadline." -xxxgod quoting Lady Shahdie

[slayer "Essentials"][click pic for main blog][click quote for mini blog][Worthwhile Auras]

Rares may not have been an intended part of the game, but they are a good part of it.

Would you rather the wealthiest players bought up useful stuff, rather than meaningless cosmetics?

Check it out, huge amount of effort has gone into this massive mod!

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]

Rares may not have been an intended part of the game, but they are a good part of it.

Would you rather the wealthiest players bought up useful stuff, rather than meaningless cosmetics?

The wealthiest players already buy useful things, and even buy them up when they feel like it. As long as useful items have a good supply into the game, they cannot be bought up. Particularly when you consider that this is RS2007; no Nex, no claws, no Gwars etc etc. There isn't much to buy out. Sure there's Whips, and Dragon items, but whips can only be bought out temporarily as more people will slowly get 85 Slayer, and dragon items are barely better than their Rune counterparts, even by marginal standards. Also, it's going to take a long time before there's a lot of money in the game, and for it to get concentrated, so no players will be initially wealthy or in a position to hold the market hostage.

While I do think rares belong in 2007, they are by no means necessary as you seem to imply.

I figure dfh and dfs will be rare enough to consume lots of money. Also, 3rd age is also available, which is super rare even now.

Also, those items(most of them anyway) are best in their slot, making them rare, pricey and useful.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

To be honest, I hope it doesn't hit 500k, but only hits 250k - 499k.

$5 is a very reasonable cost to pay for the extra server, it puts more money in Jagex's pockets to go towards the main game, and (more a dream than a probable reality), it MAY limit the number of bots that join the server, considering the additional cost (prob not, but one can dream).

If the $5 a month is the final outcome, with a decent amount of players it can actually benefit the current game rather than take away from it, making it more of a win/win for players.

An extra $5 a month is something I would be willing to pay (that's less than the amount of money I'd be paying for membership on a second character anyway.)

I just hope they allow us to upgrade our current membership instead of having to buy another entire month with it.

Much earlier on the in the thread someone took the vote data thus far and algorithm'd it to a curve that predicted 140k votes at the end, assuming the declining vote trend continued at same pace.

Thats probably best prediction so far based on proper math but it really ought to be re-calced later today adding in another days worth of data to amend the curve based on more recent voting trend, but certainly thus far all the math seems to point to it missing the 250k mark

http://www.wolframal...e^(15065/4526))

updated through the last time update (like 6 hours ago). R=.963 now.

For anyone who cares/wants to make one of there own and try and mess with it, I'm graphing the rate of change vs. time, finding a line of best fit (logarithmic has been working best) and integrating it.

Edit: something's weird with that graph, working on fixing it.

Edit2: fixed.

graphed the current # of votes vs time (rather then int(rate vs time)). New formula is V(x)=35374ln(x) + 2041 where x is the number of hours since the start of the poll

V(48)=138980 votes

V(168)=183296 votes (1 week)

V(336)=207815 votes (2 weeks)

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

Since these servers are confirmed for returning, will Tip.It be restoring old pages from August 2007?

Edit:

Half way there :razz:.

Edited by Hamtaro

Player since 2004. All skills 1M+ XP.

Hamtaro.png

"If it were possible to cure evils by lamentation..., then gold would be a less valuable thing than weeping." - Sophocles

"Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." - Plato

I really hope that if they do reintroduce the tradable rares that they do it the same way they reintroduced the random event outfits to the main game. Make it so they can be purchased for a few gp from the costume shop in Varrock.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

I really hope that if they do reintroduce the tradable rares that they do it the same way they reintroduced the random event outfits to the main game. Make it so they can be purchased for a few gp from the costume shop in Varrock.

Didn't Party Pete offer Party Hats for sale? :unsure:

nyuseg.png

Wow. No way in hell we touch 500k votes. Forget about 750k. We don't even have 500k+ subscribers...

Is it bad that I laughed at this? Hard like side splitting laughter.

Archermanme.png
Quest Cape Achieved on November 14, 2007

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items